Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#623810 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You think?
I have thought of nano as a skinny person, dressed in black.
Don't ask me why.
She got turned down by Weight Watchers because they were understaffed.

She reads the bathroom scale with a system of strategically placed mirrors.

There's a cheeseburger stuck in her orbit, just out of reach.

Nah, I'm just kidding about the mirror thing.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#623811 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot how I look? You must be getting old.
The hips I remember well.

From both sides.

Now stop it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#623812 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From both sides.
Now stop it.
What hips? What sides? Stop what?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#623813 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Grant it, i am no scientist or layman.. Never claimed to be,but what a scientist does and what the basics of science is, is all over the web. It's not that hard to read and get some idea of what science consist of.
The National Academy of Science (U.S.) makes a similar point:
Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong.[18]
Gould also points out that "Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory—natural selection—to explain the mechanism of evolution."[19] These two aspects are frequently confused. Scientists continue to argue about particular explanations or mechanisms at work in specific instances of evolution,
but the fact that evolution has occurred and is still occurring is undisputed.
Here is why evolution is what evolution is today according to this,
The "theory of evolution" is actually a network of theories that created the research program of biology. Charles Darwin, for example, proposed five separate theories in his original formulation, which included mechanistic explanations for:(1) populations changing over generations,(2) gradual change,(3) speciation,(4) natural selection, and (5) common descent.[24] Since Darwin, evolution has become a well-supported body of interconnected statements that explains numerous empirical observations in the natural world. Evolutionary theories continue to generate testable predictions and explanations about living and fossilized organisms.[25][26]
And here is the scientific defintion of what a theory is;
The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. In the vernacular,(the scientific community of course) "theory" can refer to guesswork, a simple conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts and need not be framed for making testable predictions.
So with that said, you honestly cant see the bias agenda behind evolution?
I ask ya, is there still biological evolutiont process of descent with modification going on today? Are they any breaking news that they have discoverd a whale on the banks of a coast with legs coming out of it, or a monkey transending into a man, and so on??
Why are they no records of transitional fossils of this? Yeah you all say you have proof, but all you have is a ape, too which you call an ancestor to a human.
Willful ignorance at its best.

Take something complex and simplify it in such a way to fit a bias, yet still sound plausible.

Now back to simple reality -- there is no member in the National Academy of Science that disagrees with the concept of evolution.

Faith is not science.

All of man's gods are imaginary ... except for yours of course.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#623815 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What hips? What sides? Stop what?
:)

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623816 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The dump-on-a-bible comment reminded me of a topix gay's post where he was trying to argue that his anal sex habit wasn't dirty because he always gave himself an enema as a pre-date ritual. Talk about crazy. And dumb.
Wow, well thats TMI for me....lol

But yes i agree, thats off the charts. Crazy is under statment...

Location hidden

#623817 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From both sides.
Now stop it.
She is 5'1 and 96 pounds, i think.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#623818 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, well thats TMI for me....lol
But yes i agree, thats off the charts. Crazy is under statment...
One must be properly desensitized before visiting Topix to prevent side effects like vomiting.

Location hidden

#623819 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful ignorance at its best.
Im glad you see evolution in that aspect, as so do i.
Take something complex and simplify it in such a way to fit a bias, yet still sound plausible.
Now back to simple reality -- there is no member in the National Academy of Science that disagrees with the concept of evolution.
Faith is not science.
Well duh to both of em, of course you want have a scientist who refutes evolution, why would they? They would never allow a Divine foot in the door. It would contradict their bias..

I am aware of Faith not being science,but thanks anyway.
All of man's gods are imaginary ... except for yours of course.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623820 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Carl Sagan was a plagiarist.
From whom??

Location hidden

#623821 May 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded,“This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed!”? Instead they say,“No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”– Carl Sagan
So i guess you have nothing to say about my response back to yours?
Post# 623748

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623822 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can. A man wearing a woman's dress is not normal.
Otherwise it wouldn't be called a "woman's dress", ie; meant for a woman to wear - not a man.
Derp.
There's plenty of normal things about us and abnormal things about us.
You still have no examples for anything that is actually "normal" about living organisms. Try harder, one day you may just see reality.

Evolution is true.....

#623823 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Grant it, i am no scientist or layman.. Never claimed to be,but what a scientist does and what the basics of science is, is all over the web. It's not that hard to read and get some idea of what science consist of.
The National Academy of Science (U.S.) makes a similar point:
Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong.[18]
Gould also points out that "Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory—natural selection—to explain the mechanism of evolution."[19] These two aspects are frequently confused. Scientists continue to argue about particular explanations or mechanisms at work in specific instances of evolution,
but the fact that evolution has occurred and is still occurring is undisputed.
Here is why evolution is what evolution is today according to this,
The "theory of evolution" is actually a network of theories that created the research program of biology. Charles Darwin, for example, proposed five separate theories in his original formulation, which included mechanistic explanations for:(1) populations changing over generations,(2) gradual change,(3) speciation,(4) natural selection, and (5) common descent.[24] Since Darwin, evolution has become a well-supported body of interconnected statements that explains numerous empirical observations in the natural world. Evolutionary theories continue to generate testable predictions and explanations about living and fossilized organisms.[25][26]
And here is the scientific defintion of what a theory is;
The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. In the vernacular,(the scientific community of course) "theory" can refer to guesswork, a simple conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts and need not be framed for making testable predictions.
So with that said, you honestly cant see the bias agenda behind evolution?
I ask ya, is there still biological evolutiont process of descent with modification going on today? Are they any breaking news that they have discoverd a whale on the banks of a coast with legs coming out of it, or a monkey transending into a man, and so on??
Why are they no records of transitional fossils of this? Yeah you all say you have proof, but all you have is a ape, too which you call an ancestor to a human.
Thanks for showing the pieces from Wikipedia...it's pretty much true of course.

As far as biological evolution process going on today....of course it is. Our lifetimes are way to short to see most of the stuff that takes millions of years to happen. I believe we have seen some short term evolutionary processes though.

I don't think anyone is looking for 'transitional' fossils anymore. The confirmation that we humans mated with Neanderthals and carry some of their genes/blood from over 30,000 years ago irrevocably ties us to the preceding Homo species. We know that humans are of the great ape line....its not speculation anymore.

The scholars and theologians are even now wrestling with the specter of some of the Bible stories being proven wrong and greatly affecting the 1500+- year old Christian dogma.

The biggest thing will be the loss of Adam and Eve. They ARE gone now.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623824 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
nanoanomaly wrote:
A skirt that's hiding a dick instead of a kitty is deception, a lie.
<quoted text>
That's uh...
...not a skirt, Catcher.
Actually, yes it is.

Evolution is true.....

#623825 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I removed my words and what i posted as well.. So i could respond.
We will just have to agree to disagree on that subject. Because i can site sources that refutes everything you say, they say.. Bottom line is, their is no absolute certainty in science or evolution.
Sorry man, I had to delete most of what you answered so I had room for a reply. I quoted you on what you wrote. I hope its not too confusing

Sorry guy, my apologies, I totally missed that post when I was checking for replies. I’ll dig right in.

P23 writes:“We will just have to agree to disagree on that subject. Because i can site sources that refutes everything you say, they say.. Bottom line is, their is no absolute certainty in science or evolution. Just an ongoing search of evidence to support their theory's and concepts. Which we both know they "cannot" confirm it is absolute! If you on the other hand deny this then that's your right and opinion. Regardless of what they say, the best they can do is assume and provide possiabilties to the already supposed giving evidence of evolution.”

Word writes:“Well sir I can only answer that the sources I am giving you are from recognized experts in their fields. The research they do is internationally acknowledged and you will find that every science Institute on earth backs up what they say. Inversely the evidence you show me is falsely colored by religion, and its futile attempt to dislodge real ethical science and put myth in its place is truly evil.

P23 writes:“Your truth is out there, not mine friend. I will remain a creation of God, not a product of what crawled out of darwins soup bowl millions of years ago..”

Well, actually you are not a creation of some God….you are a creation of your parents, and I’m sure they love you..:-)

P23 writes:“Again they are proven problems with the dating methods, they have been questionable and proving faulty from under close examintaions. Both the GTS and RD..”

Word writes:“There are no problems with the dating methodology. The only ones who contest it are creationists, and they have been unable to prove it wrong….because it IS good science.

P23 writes:“Uncontested eveidence? To my knowledge their is alot about science and its methods that have been contested and found faulty.”

“You say Africa "is" the home of the human race,, BUT your fellow evolutionist posted a site that now contradicts what YOU say is the truth... Hmmmm?”

Word writes:“ The stuff you are writing about above here is contested only by creationists. Who is contesting the Out of Africa ?? I haven’t heard anything about this.

P23 writes:“Everything you say is your concepts and assumptions. Nothing you say is facts. Sorry.”

Word writes: No, everything I say is backed up by real factual science, I’m just passing it along to you…. I've challenged you before to prove me wrong….prove me wrong.

Evolution is true.....

#623826 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what he wants you to think, and from the looks of it he has got you many others totaly convienced of it.
For your sake you better be right, but we both know that cant be proven in this life. And since you cant be 100% sure that what you say is true, i would recommend you give it some serious thought.
You know P23 I am 100% sure of the overall truth of evolution and the total unreality of your God. Some of the details on evolution as we understand it today may be off, but overall its true and the evidence is overwhelming.

I believe the stuff I have been telling you (passed along from the actual scientists) is total truth and that your concept of Christianity WILL be changing in the future. It won't be right away, but down the road in 1 or 2 decades it will change because it will have too to reflect the new reality of your myths proven wrong.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623827 May 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, then what was the point of bringing up that quote? I said some people never lucid dream, not that some people never dream at all.
OBEs aren't real, unless you are asking me if I've ever hallucinated an OBE.
Are you asking if I manipulate my surroundings in the dream world?
"OBEs aren't real", OK, just keep telling yourself that , that's fine with me.
And yes I am asking you have you ever manipulated your surroundings while lucid dreaming.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623828 May 14, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> "OBEs aren't real", OK, just keep telling yourself that , that's fine with me.
And yes I am asking you have you ever manipulated your surroundings while lucid dreaming.
Neither have you. OBEs are not real, just fantasy.
Greens - tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#623829 May 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Neither have you."
What are you talking about?
Greens - tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#623830 May 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This world you live in is not "real".
Everything you understand is not "real".
Everything you don't understand is more than likely" real"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 37,895
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,291
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 27 min Juara ads 2
Cirque du Soleil returns to Baltimore with TORU... 35 min WeinbergHarris 1
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 37 min Ann Bonney 53,752
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 1 hr Albanian jihadist 12
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 1 hr uncute 89
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 104,618
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,310
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Steve III 618,360
More from around the web