RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#623914 May 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Riverside Redneck,
Maybe if you had been following me and P23 earlier all this would have made more sense to you. Basically I was summing up a long discussion. The remark about some of the details being off was just a concession to the fact that over time some details of evolution have changed….just as Christianities understanding of the Bible has. The main details remain the same
As far as the psychic atheist bit goes-- again I was kind of summing up and telling the person this was aimed at that per our earlier discussion, Christianity would be changing big time because of what’s been found out recently. Parts of the Bible are now proven myths.
You didn't get the memo??
Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about..:-)
Yes, evolution (or the theory of) changes frequently due to new evidence or new theories that dispute or disprove old theories or old evidence. I know this.

Christianity (or the peopke of) changes with the times as we're supposed to.

The core principles of Christianity doesn't change. The core principles of evolution does change.

No parts of the bible have been proven as myths. I'll gladly counter any parts you think have been.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623915 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd pay to see pregnant women, babies, infants and toddlers get hurt and/or killed?!?
No, and that's not what I said.
And you know it, you blistering lackwit.

I said, and you know it, I'd pay to see a bunch of praying Christians put themselves in the way of a hurricane to protect the innocent.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#623916 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are ignorant and don't understand that the 6 data of creation were not a literal 144 hours.
I believe that God used nature and all that He created in it to create us and all other life on earth.
No- YOU don't understand. You're correct if you think the literal six day creation doesn't make sense, because it doesn't.

You are NOT correct in your attempt to interpret the bible to mean what you WANT it to mean but which it does NOT mean.

Take the following for what it's worth, though because it completely contradicts YOUR "theory" that creation was not a literal 144 hours, I'm sure you won't find it worth much of anything.

Good thing that in no way invalidates what the following states.

"Was a Creation Day a 24-Hour Day?
By Bob Knopf

One of the greatest controversies about creation is whether a Creation Day was a 24-hour Solunar day.

Some have claimed that a creation day may have been 1000 years, or even an entire geological period. Does Scripture support these beliefs? What does Scripture really say?

Did God create the heavens and earth, humankind and the plants and animals in six 24-hour days?

There is only one correct answer to this question. The Truth is that God created all things in six 24-hour days.

Below you will find 15 biblical statements that tell us a creation day was a regular 24-hour day.

15 Biblical Proofs That Prove a Creation Day Was a 24-Hour (Solar) Day

· Proverbs 30:5 -“Every word of God is pure …” God says what He means and means what He says. The Bible is meant to be interpreted plainly, or not interpreted at all, to be easily understood.

· Genesis 1:5 - God Himself named and defined “Day” as the light period, and “Night” the dark period comprising one solar 24-hour day. If a day was an age, e.g. 1000 years, this would mean there would be 500 years of light and 500 years of darkness.

· Genesis 1:5 -“Yom,” this Hebrew word for “day.” It is first used and defined in verse 5. It is used 410 times in the Bible in association with a number, e.g. 1st day, and in each instance it always refers to a 24-hour solar day.

· Genesis1: 5,8,13,19,23,31 - After each day of creation, God specifically declares His act was completed in one day. He counts each day off day because He wanted to make it clear.

· Genesis 1:11; 1:16 - Plants were created on Day #3; the sun was created on Day #4. This presents no problem if a day is 24 hours, BUT it’s a big problem if a day was 1000 years. All plants, which need sunlight to survive, would have died.

· Genesis 1:16 -“…the greater light (sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light (moon) to rule the night ….” This obviously refers to 12 hour periods, not hundreds of years ruled by sun, or hundreds of years ruled by the moon.

· Exodus 20:11 -“For in six days the Lord made the heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day …” You’d have to throw out this verse.

· Exodus 31:17 -“… for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” If a day were 1000 years, we would we have a thousand year rest (Sabbath). You’d also have to throw out this verse.

· John 11:9 -“Jesus answered, are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walks in the day, he stumbles not, because he sees the light of this world.”

· Genesis 2:2,3 -“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it ….” The Sabbath was declared as Day #7. We don’t have a 1000-year Sabbath.

· Exodus 20:11b “…wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.” We don’t celebrate a 1000 year Sabbath."

I couldn't post all 15 due to space limitation.

http://www.creationproof.com/id22.html

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623917 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. I never said I spanked my kids because they cried. Knock it off.
No- but you used an example of a 6 month old baby crying and disrupting mommy and daddy's dinner for want of attention and/or to "manipulate".

You stated that in such a situation, there is nothing wrong with spanking a 6 month old baby in order to "discipline" them.

As a matter of FACT, you have stated: How else would you discipline a 6 month old baby?

Yes SIR- you DID post that- and more than once, but I'm not going back through hundreds and hundreds of pages should you attempt to deny you said that- which if you're true to form- you will.

You have condoned parents striking babies.

YOU knock it off.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623918 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, and that's not what I said.
I said, and you know it, I'd pay to see a bunch of praying Christians put themselves in the way of a hurricane to protect the innocent.
That's RR being smarmy and sleazy. Maybe he thinks it's a clever "tactic".

<shrug>

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623919 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, evolution (or the theory of) changes frequently due to new evidence or new theories that dispute or disprove old theories or old evidence. I know this.
Christianity (or the peopke of) changes with the times as we're supposed to.
The core principles of Christianity doesn't change. The core principles of evolution does change.
No parts of the bible have been proven as myths. I'll gladly counter any parts you think have been.
No, the core principle of evolution does not change. That's what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned that a few details might change but the main thrust of evolution is true.

Man was born in Africa 200,000+- years ago.

Man was inhabiting all the continents (except Antarctica) by 15,000 years ago.

Adam and Eve, as written in the Bible, never existed

There was never a Noachian flood.

The 'Tower of Babel' was a non-event.

The 'Exodus' never happened. Nor all the attendant details

Joshua never captured all those cities mentioned in the Bible.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John did not write the gospels.

Start wherever you wish.....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623920 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>That's RR being smarmy and sleazy. Maybe he thinks it's a clever "tactic".
<shrug>
It's not working.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623921 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It's not working.
Never has. RR has yet to realize that.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623922 May 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the christian god loves most, those of low intellect
Well, that would be the whole world then. Especialy you.

Location hidden

#623923 May 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing the pieces from Wikipedia...it's pretty much true of course.
As far as biological evolution process going on today....of course it is. Our lifetimes are way to short to see most of the stuff that takes millions of years to happen. I believe we have seen some short term evolutionary processes though.
Where is the evidence of short term evolution? Like i have asked and hundreds of others have asked for centuries, for evidence of this transaction, but why is it they cant find it or provide it?

I don't think anyone is looking for 'transitional' fossils anymore.
It's hard not to ask this, and you not find it offensive. But your answer is weak.. I would prefer to say its because they dont exist, is why they have stoped looking. And i would assume they are still seraching..
The confirmation that we humans mated with Neanderthals and carry some of their genes/blood from over 30,000 years ago irrevocably ties us to the preceding Homo species. We know that humans are of the great ape line....its not speculation anymore.
The scholars and theologians are even now wrestling with the specter of some of the Bible stories being proven wrong and greatly affecting the 1500+- year old Christian dogma.
The biggest thing will be the loss of Adam and Eve. They ARE gone now.
Where is proof of this so called confirmation?
youtube

AOL

#623924 May 14, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Location hidden

#623925 May 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry man, I had to delete most of what you answered so I had room for a reply. I quoted you on what you wrote. I hope its not too confusing
Sorry guy, my apologies, I totally missed that post when I was checking for replies. I’ll dig right in.
No problemo man.
Word writes:“Well sir I can only answer that the sources I am giving you are from recognized experts in their fields. The research they do is internationally acknowledged and you will find that every science Institute on earth backs up what they say. Inversely the evidence you show me is falsely colored by religion, and its futile attempt to dislodge real ethical science and put myth in its place is truly evil.
Like i have told many others, scientist are intelligent and a very good resource to have, they have done many great things and still do today. Im not knocking science in general. But in order for me to believe what evolutionist believe, i would have to abandon all of reality. And i just cant allow myself to do that.
Well, actually you are not a creation of some God….you are a creation of your parents, and I’m sure they love you..:-)
True, but both of mine have passed years ago. My point was as in a creation of a human being, with a soul, morals, dignity, and so on.
Word writes:“There are no problems with the dating methodology. The only ones who contest it are creationists, and they have been unable to prove it wrong….because it IS good science.
How much do you personaly know about the GTS, and Radio- dating method?
Word writes:“ The stuff you are writing about above here is contested only by creationists. Who is contesting the Out of Africa ?? I haven’t heard anything about this.
Science is.

http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardi
Word writes: No, everything I say is backed up by real factual science, I’m just passing it along to you…. I've challenged you before to prove me wrong….prove me wrong.
http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/radiometric...

http://truthreallymatters.com/wordpress/...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623926 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, and that's not what I said.
Oh good, that's what I thought you said. I just wanted you to be a little more clear about it.

Well you should be happy that you don't have to pay to see that happen, because we Christians put ourselves in danger to protect the innocent all the time. I know you atheists do it too, but there's a hell of a lot more Christians than there are atheists.

:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623927 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
No- YOU don't understand. You're correct if you think the literal six day creation doesn't make sense, because it doesn't.
No, it doesn't make sense to think that the universe and everything in it was created 144 hours. That's ludicrous.
You are NOT correct in your attempt to interpret the bible to mean what you WANT it to mean but which it does NOT mean.
Again, you are wrong. I don't interpret the Bible the way I see fit, I understand the Bible and what it's saying. You don't.

Here comes your Google search...
Take the following for what it's worth, though because it completely contradicts YOUR "theory" that creation was not a literal 144 hours, I'm sure you won't find it worth much of anything.
Good thing that in no way invalidates what the following states.
"Was a Creation Day a 24-Hour Day?
By Bob Knopf
-edited-

Genesis 1:5 -“Yom,” this Hebrew word for “day.” It is first used and defined in verse 5. It is used 410 times in the Bible in association with a number, e.g. 1st day, and in each instance it always refers to a 24-hour solar day.

-edited-
Sorry, but Bob is wrong. The Hebrew word Yom has several meanings, basically it's only direct translation to English is either 12 hours, 24 hours or an undetermined amount of time. Now that third one doesn't specify what length of time, could be a second, day, or year, an eon. It all depends on the context and the structure of the sentence, specifically the words before and after. In the context of Genesis the translation would be more correct at "a period of time", not 24 hours.

I do think it's cute that you googled it and found someone that agrees with you, I really do. But it's interesting that after all the sh*t you talk about creationists, when the argument calls for it, you agree with them.

Imagine that.

I know you just wanna argue and I could go on for probably months (with you) about this, but here, read.

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/genes...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623928 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- but you used an example of a 6 month old baby crying and disrupting mommy and daddy's dinner for want of attention and/or to "manipulate".
You stated that in such a situation, there is nothing wrong with spanking a 6 month old baby in order to "discipline" them.
Again, there are many ways to discipline kids, babies, whatever. Spanking is only one of them and I see it as a lat resort, but an option nonetheless.
As a matter of FACT, you have stated: How else would you discipline a 6 month old baby?
Bullshit!

I asked you why WOULDN'T you discipline a 6 month old.

And of course, you took the word 'discipline' and changed it to 'spank'.
Yes SIR- you DID post that- and more than once, but I'm not going back through hundreds and hundreds of pages should you attempt to deny you said that- which if you're true to form- you will.
You have condoned parents striking babies.
YOU knock it off.
Yes, I condone it. I've done it. It works.

Try to understand the difference between spanking out of discipline and spanking our of anger, they are VERY different.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#623929 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, that's what I thought you said. I just wanted you to be a little more clear about it.
Well you should be happy that you don't have to pay to see that happen, because we Christians put ourselves in danger to protect the innocent all the time. I know you atheists do it too, but there's a hell of a lot more Christians than there are atheists.
:)
We love you for your bravery, and I need many like you under my command. To survive we do what we have too, knowing everything doesn't always help the task at hand.
But to serve something greater to build an empire, is the greatest thing we all can do. General and Privates make an Army, ours is the fiercest to ever have fielded a force, and nothing can stand in opposition to U.S.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623930 May 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We love you for your bravery, and I need many like you under my command. To survive we do what we have too, knowing everything doesn't always help the task at hand.
But to serve something greater to build an empire, is the greatest thing we all can do. General and Privates make an Army, ours is the fiercest to ever have fielded a force, and nothing can stand in opposition to U.S.
God Bless America!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623931 May 14, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problemo man.
<quoted text>
Like i have told many others, scientist are intelligent and a very good resource to have, they have done many great things and still do today. Im not knocking science in general. But in order for me to believe what evolutionist believe, i would have to abandon all of reality. And i just cant allow myself to do that.
<quoted text>
True, but both of mine have passed years ago. My point was as in a creation of a human being, with a soul, morals, dignity, and so on.
<quoted text>
How much do you personaly know about the GTS, and Radio- dating method?
<quoted text>
Science is.
http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology...
<quoted text>
http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/radiometric...
http://truthreallymatters.com/wordpress/...
Hi Psalms23, how are you ?

I’m going to do this a little weird as I am trying to do about 3 things at once here. I will pick out parts that I can answer with the least lookups while still giving a coherent answer. I hope this works for you.

Youdisplay:
‘Word writes:“ The stuff you are writing about above here is contested only by creationists. Who is contesting the Out of Africa ?? I haven’t heard anything about this.
Science is.

http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology ...

Word writes: No, everything I say is backed up by real factual science, I’m just passing it along to you…. I've challenged you before to prove me wrong….prove me wrong.
http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/radiometric ...

http://truthreallymatters.com/wordpress/ ...

Word writes: I checked the link for the ‘Out of Africa’ dispute and the specimen they write about is from Africa….Ethiopia to be specific

Your links for the age dating problem is written by I don’t know who. I cannot find the educational information for Jonathon Drake on the interwebs.

The other religious site is written by ‘Dr. Dave and his CV reveals he has a Ph.D. in laser physics and a masters in business administration (MBA).

OK, not a qualified ‘Age Dating’ expert, but obviously a smart guy. My problem here is that there is a pretty big industry both in colleges and in civilian life that is doing thousands of datings every day, and for big and small scientific institutions, colleges, universities, and governments. Do you think they know something that the creationists don’t?? Remember I gave you a link to the religious guy who is in the dating field and he actually lays out the science behind it.

Do you really think there is some giant conspiracy going on to falsify religion??

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#623932 May 14, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Ignoring the fact that you have made up a bunch of random rules for our sense of being and why/why not it manifests, why/why not we remember it, etc, yes, that's what I'm saying. There's no reason why we shouldn't remember our sense of being if it really stays "on" during the night. Again, our minds are very active during sleep - therefore, if we really stay "turned on" during sleep, we should remember it.
You are freekin a blank slate. Seriously. I say the sense of being does not create a memory and therefore cannot be "remembered". And you never disagreed.

I'm not making my own rules, I am thinking about things and reasoning them out, much unlike you. Try thinking for yourself once. We are "turned on" whole awake; why can't we remember our sense of being rather than just the events that are associated with that sense of being? Oh boy, there's that concept 'association' again. Can ya handle it?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#623933 May 14, 2013
Correction
"we are turned on WHILE awake not 'whole' awake".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suggestions for a foreign dish that requires le... 5 min markjohn32 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Julia 87,077
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 7 min singleguy3 1
Just going to Disneyland... 15 min Tony 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Acts 4-12 NOTabou... 703,502
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Surelu 2,546
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,070