Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#623798 May 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
to fight the prejudice the children receive in their christian homes
Children aren't gay until someone older influences them to be that way, ergo, the need to stop forcing kids to focus on gay sex acts while at school.

Location hidden

#623799 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup,..lol.. ur a hoot..
I would say his favorite book to dump on is
"running to the out house", written by "willie makeit"
The dump-on-a-bible comment reminded me of a topix gay's post where he was trying to argue that his anal sex habit wasn't dirty because he always gave himself an enema as a pre-date ritual. Talk about crazy. And dumb.

Location hidden

#623800 May 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded,“This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed!”? Instead they say,“No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”– Carl Sagan
Carl Sagan was a plagiarist.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#623801 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The dump-on-a-bible comment reminded me of a topix gay's post where he was trying to argue that his anal sex habit wasn't dirty because he always gave himself an enema as a pre-date ritual. Talk about crazy. And dumb.
So. Are you skinny, or not?

Location hidden

#623802 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to hurt a guy.
I thought this was Punday.

Oh well....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623803 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't talking about college, douche. I'm talking about K-12.
They can't teach everything in high schoool. That is why we have universities.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623804 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Prove that that one's sexuality is innate.
Go ahead and try.
<quoted text>
So....... You ain't even gonna try?
I didn't make any claim. You did.
You claim it is a choice everyone makes so I asked you when you made the choice(s).

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623805 May 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea about science and how it works....you're every post shows this
Grant it, i am no scientist or layman.. Never claimed to be,but what a scientist does and what the basics of science is, is all over the web. It's not that hard to read and get some idea of what science consist of.

The National Academy of Science (U.S.) makes a similar point:

Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong.[18]

Gould also points out that "Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory—natural selection—to explain the mechanism of evolution."[19] These two aspects are frequently confused. Scientists continue to argue about particular explanations or mechanisms at work in specific instances of evolution,

but the fact that evolution has occurred and is still occurring is undisputed.

Here is why evolution is what evolution is today according to this,

The "theory of evolution" is actually a network of theories that created the research program of biology. Charles Darwin, for example, proposed five separate theories in his original formulation, which included mechanistic explanations for:(1) populations changing over generations,(2) gradual change,(3) speciation,(4) natural selection, and (5) common descent.[24] Since Darwin, evolution has become a well-supported body of interconnected statements that explains numerous empirical observations in the natural world. Evolutionary theories continue to generate testable predictions and explanations about living and fossilized organisms.[25][26]

And here is the scientific defintion of what a theory is;

The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. In the vernacular,(the scientific community of course) "theory" can refer to guesswork, a simple conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts and need not be framed for making testable predictions.

So with that said, you honestly cant see the bias agenda behind evolution?

I ask ya, is there still biological evolutiont process of descent with modification going on today? Are they any breaking news that they have discoverd a whale on the banks of a coast with legs coming out of it, or a monkey transending into a man, and so on??

Why are they no records of transitional fossils of this? Yeah you all say you have proof, but all you have is a ape, too which you call an ancestor to a human.

Location hidden

#623806 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think?
I have thought of nano as a skinny person, dressed in black.
Don't ask me why.
And charcoal gray, but that's for winter.

Location hidden

#623807 May 13, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fac...

Forgot to post the link to all that info.

Location hidden

#623808 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So. Are you skinny, or not?
You forgot how I look? You must be getting old.

Location hidden

#623809 May 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are a Baptist or Pentecostal....they seem to be the ones who most often recruit by telling the hapless targeted people they're going to HELL.
Most important point....There is NO hell....quit trying to scare people!
Thats what he wants you to think, and from the looks of it he has got you many others totaly convienced of it.

For your sake you better be right, but we both know that cant be proven in this life. And since you cant be 100% sure that what you say is true, i would recommend you give it some serious thought.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#623810 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You think?
I have thought of nano as a skinny person, dressed in black.
Don't ask me why.
She got turned down by Weight Watchers because they were understaffed.

She reads the bathroom scale with a system of strategically placed mirrors.

There's a cheeseburger stuck in her orbit, just out of reach.

Nah, I'm just kidding about the mirror thing.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#623811 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot how I look? You must be getting old.
The hips I remember well.

From both sides.

Now stop it.

Location hidden

#623812 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From both sides.
Now stop it.
What hips? What sides? Stop what?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#623813 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Grant it, i am no scientist or layman.. Never claimed to be,but what a scientist does and what the basics of science is, is all over the web. It's not that hard to read and get some idea of what science consist of.
The National Academy of Science (U.S.) makes a similar point:
Scientists most often use the word "fact" to describe an observation. But scientists can also use fact to mean something that has been tested or observed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing or looking for examples. The occurrence of evolution in this sense is fact. Scientists no longer question whether descent with modification occurred because the evidence is so strong.[18]
Gould also points out that "Darwin continually emphasized the difference between his two great and separate accomplishments: establishing the fact of evolution, and proposing a theory—natural selection—to explain the mechanism of evolution."[19] These two aspects are frequently confused. Scientists continue to argue about particular explanations or mechanisms at work in specific instances of evolution,
but the fact that evolution has occurred and is still occurring is undisputed.
Here is why evolution is what evolution is today according to this,
The "theory of evolution" is actually a network of theories that created the research program of biology. Charles Darwin, for example, proposed five separate theories in his original formulation, which included mechanistic explanations for:(1) populations changing over generations,(2) gradual change,(3) speciation,(4) natural selection, and (5) common descent.[24] Since Darwin, evolution has become a well-supported body of interconnected statements that explains numerous empirical observations in the natural world. Evolutionary theories continue to generate testable predictions and explanations about living and fossilized organisms.[25][26]
And here is the scientific defintion of what a theory is;
The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. In the vernacular,(the scientific community of course) "theory" can refer to guesswork, a simple conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts and need not be framed for making testable predictions.
So with that said, you honestly cant see the bias agenda behind evolution?
I ask ya, is there still biological evolutiont process of descent with modification going on today? Are they any breaking news that they have discoverd a whale on the banks of a coast with legs coming out of it, or a monkey transending into a man, and so on??
Why are they no records of transitional fossils of this? Yeah you all say you have proof, but all you have is a ape, too which you call an ancestor to a human.
Willful ignorance at its best.

Take something complex and simplify it in such a way to fit a bias, yet still sound plausible.

Now back to simple reality -- there is no member in the National Academy of Science that disagrees with the concept of evolution.

Faith is not science.

All of man's gods are imaginary ... except for yours of course.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#623815 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What hips? What sides? Stop what?
:)

Location hidden

#623816 May 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The dump-on-a-bible comment reminded me of a topix gay's post where he was trying to argue that his anal sex habit wasn't dirty because he always gave himself an enema as a pre-date ritual. Talk about crazy. And dumb.
Wow, well thats TMI for me....lol

But yes i agree, thats off the charts. Crazy is under statment...

Location hidden

#623817 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From both sides.
Now stop it.
She is 5'1 and 96 pounds, i think.

Location hidden

#623818 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, well thats TMI for me....lol
But yes i agree, thats off the charts. Crazy is under statment...
One must be properly desensitized before visiting Topix to prevent side effects like vomiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 49,250
Family members... 11 min Thedirtydog 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min andet1987 2,095
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min Buck Crick 445,740
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 44,712
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Regina 646,796
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 51 min Ann Bonney 53,828
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web