Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#623866 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I am NOT ignorant of the bible.
I just don't cherry-pick it like you do to suit your own agenda and to try and justify your own violations of what your god has commanded you to do and not do.
Yes you are ignorant and yes you do cherry pick.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623867 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it rings a bell.
So the "rules" are that YOU can ask others to prove a negative but that others should never ask you to do the same?
Got it.
The world according to RR doesn't exist and is a figment of your imagination.
Nope. The door swings both ways, OCB.

If you can ask me to prove a claim, I can ask you the same.

You hate that, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623868 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
He didn't. Evolution does not include that claim.
Yes it does, you've never heard of the "common ancestor" guess?

"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
Biological evolution is a change in the genetic characteristics of a population over time. That this happens is a fact. Biological evolution also refers to the common descent of living organisms from shared ancestors. The evidence for historical evolution -- genetic, fossil, anatomical, etc.-- is so overwhelming that it is also considered a fact. The theory of evolution describes the mechanisms that cause evolution. So evolution is both a fact and a theory.
You are equivocating abiogenesis and evolution.

Knock it off. It makes you look ridiculous.
I'm not comparing the two. "All life can from one life" is NOT EQUAL to "how did life begin".

You are spinning the two together in an attempt to throw the discussion off. It ain't workin.
You're too intelligent to act this ignorant so you are willfully prevaricating in some weird worship of self dance with wishy-wished that your ego lives forever. That's sad.

Se above. Stop assuming so damn much.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623869 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
Yeah- I was gonna ask him where he got his "from one life" business, but it seemed a waste of time.
From ToE, from the common ancestor.

Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
I admire your "faith" in RR that he is too intelligent to act this ignorant.....I barely can conjure up even a "MUSTARD SEED of faith" for him in that regard....
See? Cherry picker.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623870 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
OMG- if that is someone's life's work and passion- to study evolution- then of COURSE it's not wasting life.
But from a layperson's perspective, my interest in the origin of life- and certainly down to the most minutest of details- is limited. I don't study or research evolution for a living, nor is it a passion of mine.
Oh.

So someone that's seeming smarter than you says something and you believe it.

Cool.
That you obviously can't comprehend the difference between a layperson's interest in evolution from that of an evolutionary scientist is really scary and kinda tells me that you sure prove out that we humans are nowhere near as evolved as some might believe we are.
WOW.
I can totally understand it. I just question it. Something you 'freethinkers' can't seem to do - unless it's about questioning Christianity.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#623871 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant, assumptive guesses.....
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion. Or admit its just your opinion.
I don't think we evolved from dirt. Stop assuming.
Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.

WTF??

BTW, STILL waiting for evidence of THAT god or ANY god which MIGHT exist for that matter......since you can't provide any evidence, admit that your god exists is just your opinion.

You don't think we evolved from dirt? Well, that is how the first human came to be in the bible.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623872 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From ToE, from the common ancestor.
Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
<quoted text>
See? Cherry picker.
No- not cherry picking- simply borrowing from the biblical phrase of a "mustard seed of faith".

Gotta go, RR.

Really don't have much time to be here today......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623873 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.
WTF??
BTW, STILL waiting for evidence of THAT god or ANY god which MIGHT exist for that matter......since you can't provide any evidence, admit that your god exists is just your opinion.
You don't think we evolved from dirt? Well, that is how the first human came to be in the bible.....
No, no, no. Don't you back pedal. Answer.

YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623874 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- not cherry picking- simply borrowing from the biblical phrase of a "mustard seed of faith".
Gotta go, RR.
Really don't have much time to be here today......
Oh, my bad.

You're not cherry picking, just "borrowing a phrase".

O_o

LMMFAO!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623875 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.
WTF??
I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623876 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.
You mean Biblically? I can do that.

So can you.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#623877 May 14, 2013
My personal opinion is that I do not care if there is a god watching over me and caring for my daily health and well being daily (giving me medicine for my health). I really do not care. Why? I care for myself. I need no outside help.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623878 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
My personal opinion is that I do not care if there is a god watching over me and caring for my daily health and well being daily (giving me medicine for my health). I really do not care. Why? I care for myself. I need no outside help.
An Apatheist. I love it.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#623879 May 14, 2013
Number 1; In in my years on this rolling dirt ball, I have never seen one instance of a miracle. If you want to call the stars above, a miracle, that's up to you. Number 2; I have never heard, seen, a prayer for the regrowth of an amputated limb take place. I have witnessed many hundreds of prayers for forgiveness (forgiveness for what?, sinning as Adam and Eve?) and not a one has resulted in anything. Witness mother theresa. All she ever did in India, was to "bless" the dying. Show me where she raised the dead and relieved pain and suffering. Does NOT exist.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623880 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Hey Red! Saw your post to me of the other day but too many pages to scroll back now.....good to see you!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623881 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU wrote:
The bible states that your god created the first man from dust and the first woman from a rib of the first man with all future humanity stemming from those 2 magically made individuals.

Neither action in any way fits the definition of evolution.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623882 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.
LOL!! You'll sooner see GODOT ambling up the road......
Nobody

Irving, TX

#623883 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Just one thing I want you to remember, what you said here today. I hope with all my being one day before you die I hope you take Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623884 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, you've never heard of the "common ancestor" guess?
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
<quoted text>
I'm not comparing the two. "All life can from one life" is NOT EQUAL to "how did life begin".
You are spinning the two together in an attempt to throw the discussion off. It ain't workin.
<quoted text>
Se above. Stop assuming so damn much.
Well, therein lies the rub. Common ancestor does not make your claim that all life came from one life. That is where your equivocation fallacy falters. You wrote, "Show me the "FACTS" that all life came from one life, as ToE suggests." You are reading a Wikipedia simplification of the concept and it does not mean what you think it means.

"Modern organisms are the genetic descendants of one ancient, original species (broadly defined as a communal population of organisms exchanging genetic material)". So, it is not in any way all life from one life. Please garner a basic understanding before yo pontificate foolishly and please stop reading Wkikpedia. It will rot your brain.

So, yes, where did life begin is an important piece. It is you who is equivocating the two with your Wikisimplification.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/defau...

Perhaps you can read and learn from an in-depth explanation as opposed to such a simplified one.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623885 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Number 1; In in my years on this rolling dirt ball, I have never seen one instance of a miracle. If you want to call the stars above, a miracle, that's up to you. Number 2; I have never heard, seen, a prayer for the regrowth of an amputated limb take place. I have witnessed many hundreds of prayers for forgiveness (forgiveness for what?, sinning as Adam and Eve?) and not a one has resulted in anything. Witness mother theresa. All she ever did in India, was to "bless" the dying. Show me where she raised the dead and relieved pain and suffering. Does NOT exist.
Mother Teresa was actually a sadist. She believed people should suffer for her imaginary friend. She consorted with Contras, Strongmen, and criminals and con men. Oh yeah, she was a Christian. Never mind. Same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Aura Mytha 42,609
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 2 hr Johnny 66
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 668
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 690,653
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 3 hr Doctor REALITY 27
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... 3 hr Sedwick 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr --IslandGurL-- 4,370
More from around the web