Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623559 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. Your opening up a can of worms here.
You seriously don't get it.
Firstly you need to understand why we have to go to sleep (and don't say because we are tired ).
Secondly you need to understand what is happening to us when we are asleep.
And lastly you need to understand why we arise after sleep.
P.s everybody and I mean everybody dreams, there are many states of dreaming and everybody does it, regardless if they remember their dreams or not, everybody dreams while sleeping.
It's funny when someone tries to act as an authority on a subject that they don't understand. Tell me, why do we sleep? I bet you can't, because no one knows for sure. There are many theories as to why we need sleep, but there is no definitive answer. Ironically, the most definitive answer we have for why we sleep is "because we are tired." Again, there are many competing theories on he subject (off the top of my head... one theory states that we sleep to collate visual stimuli,, among several other interesting ideas).

I have a solid understanding of what happens when we sleep. Do you?

Yeah, no shit everyone dreams.

Location hidden

#623560 May 13, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
Also found on your channel: 100% proof obama is the antichrist and 100% proof the last pope was the antichrist. Awesome.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#623561 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also found on your channel: 100% proof obama is the antichrist and 100% proof the last pope was the antichrist. Awesome.

There's hundreds of them running around.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623562 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have experienced quite a few lucid dreams. I was just saying that not all of our dreams are lucid - some people never even have them.

Here we go.
In this post you're saying "some people never even have them"
And you're calling me the "expert"?

Location hidden

#623563 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go.
In this post you're saying "some people never even have them"
And you're calling me the "expert"?
Never even have *lucid dreams.* Do you know the difference between a lucid dream and a regular dream?
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623564 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Never even have *lucid dreams.* Do you know the difference between a lucid dream and a regular dream?
Umm.. yes I do.
Personally, I have not experienced a "lucid dream" that I am aware of.
Have you had an OBE ?
When you are lucid dreaming can you/do you try to manipulate you're surroundings ?
Are you that aware that you can think outside the box ?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623565 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. yes I do.
Have you had an OBE ?
When you are lucid dreaming can you/do you try to manipulate you're surroundings ?
Never once has there been a demonstrated "OBE," never, as in no evidence that they even can happen.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623566 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Never even have *lucid dreams.* Do you know the difference between a lucid dream and a regular dream?
If you are having a "lucid dream" than you should be able to do anything from walking through walls to flying like a eagle.
I say this because you are not governed by the laws which created this material world. E=mc2 should not be a factor while "lucid dreaming", so anything should be possible.
If you cannot do such things than either you are not "lucid dreaming" or our dream state also has restrictions and follows a path of naturalism.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#623567 May 13, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The possibility of human self-extinction rises every day.
Humans killing their own specie for this "god".
Yes, self-extinction IS a beautiful thing...
(snicker) You religionists are the most sickening, diabolical psychopaths!
HOO-RAY for passive-aggressive means for the mass-murder-suicide of the entire human race!
You all might as well do that Jim Jones style and drink some cyanide-laced Kool-Aid.
More people kill for land, money and power than they do for any religion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623568 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More people kill for land, money and power than they do for any religion.
That cannot be argued.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623569 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You make your last claim, yet no two christians ever agree on this "interpretation," so .... who's "standard" do we go by?
"no two Christians", eh?

So you're saying you think there's 1.9 billion different interpretations??

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623570 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Gay propaganda? What is gay propaganda? Teaching kids about the significance of the gay rights movement and the individual contributions of gay individuals is "gay propaganda?"
WTF is the significance of the gay rights movement?!

Gay propaganda is the propaganda campaign to 'normalize' homosexuality.

Location hidden

#623571 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. yes I do.
Have you had an OBE ?
Ok, then what was the point of bringing up that quote? I said some people never lucid dream, not that some people never dream at all.

OBEs aren't real, unless you are asking me if I've ever hallucinated an OBE.

Are you asking if I manipulate my surroundings in the dream world?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623572 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Typical. I will grant you, blacks have had it worse than gays overall in this country when you take into account slavery and the reconstruction era south, but the two situations are comparable. Both segments of the population are historically marginalized peoples, and both have had to overcome bigotry and prejudice in their fight for equal rights.
Knock it off, dude. That's ridiculous.

Location hidden

#623573 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are having a "lucid dream" than you should be able to do anything from walking through walls to flying like a eagle.
I say this because you are not governed by the laws which created this material world. E=mc2 should not be a factor while "lucid dreaming", so anything should be possible.
If you cannot do such things than either you are not "lucid dreaming" or our dream state also has restrictions and follows a path of naturalism.
WTF are you talking about? The laws of physics don't apply in the "dream world."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623574 May 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and
we are all bisexual
Speak for yourself, mr closet.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623575 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since they are wrong, and did nothing but promote and support a scam, they do deserve to be mocked. However, you are suggesting that they be tortured forever.
No, i would and i am highly suggestion that you avoid that place of torture forever, by all cost.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

Location hidden

#623576 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is the significance of the gay rights movement?!
Gay propaganda is the propaganda campaign to 'normalize' homosexuality.
You're totally right man. A group of marginalized people fighting for their rights is totally insignificant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623577 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Toys are socialized. Children have no natural preference for "girl" toys or "boy" toys until they are 4 or 5.
You don't have kids, do you?

Location hidden

#623578 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off, dude. That's ridiculous.
I know. Gay people are completely accepted in our culture and they have the same rights as everyone else. People have never been killed for their sexual orientation before. My bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min karl44 603,455
9/11&bin 1 hr REV CAROL 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr karl44 3,987
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ggn gay 579
Private Placement Program for Indian Investors ... (Nov '12) 2 hr rahuk 16
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 8,291
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
More from around the web