|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
There are billions of lifeforms on earth, and NONE on any of the other planets in this solar system. There is no further need to 'prove' God's existence. Only people who want to remain STUPID so that they can continue to RUN from God dare to ask such questions.
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/05/158170844/life-...

You should be careful, in the real world intelligent people don't make blind assertions without evidence, and since you cannot prove a negative, saying there is or never was any life anywhere else in the solar system is a negative.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
Well first of all, nowhere does the Bible say God created a place of torment for the "intent/purpose" to torture human being's "souls".
In Matthew 25:41, Jesus makes it clear that Hell was created for Satan and his angels. "Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.'"
Hell was not created for man, but for the fallen angels. It was not the original plan to be the eternal destination for the unsaved, as Man was created to live forever with God in Heaven.
An angel (from the Greek ἄγ&#947 ;ελ&#959 ;ς -ángelos[1]) is a supernatural being or spirit, "not" a human...
Do you have the belief that at least one human soul has been placed in Hell, a bad place, never to be released?

"original plan" suggests that you don't believe God is all knowing.

An all knowing god can only have one plan.

Good thing it's just a myth, right?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon, I don't threaten hell on others. I don't even believe in doing that. If I mention it, it's only in response to a question about it and I merely respond with my view of it. But I certainly never tell anyone they are going there and even if I feared they might, the very last thing I would do is take delight in the idea of it. You're tagging characteristics of other posters on me, just because I am a Christian. Show me one post I've made over the past two years or so that even remotely depicts that I am even slightly obsessed with hell or where I've told someone they are going. I assure you, you'd be wasting your time searching, as there isn't one. But...I'll have to say, I'd welcome the example, since you you've made the claim. Particularly since you"re always going on about needing evidence to back claims.
Yes, you do condemn people to your imaginary hell just by asserting that the bible is fact.
RiversideRedneck

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It's almost always one like that, and one that was truly always like that.
There doesn't have to be a dominant/submissive relationship.
But it likely is more than not.
If it's "almost always like that" then most of the people out there they call themselves gay are "almost always" not gay, but bi.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY PSALMS 23
“Hey Truth, I'm going to throw something at you that is related to what you said above
From archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA science we find that some of their unrelated work has shown us that many parts of the Bible is flat out wrong.”
“In your opinion that is.”
Not just my opinion guy, it is also a logical deduction from observed scientific data.
If the Bible tells me that God Himself can down to earth and scrambled human language in about 2,000 BC to 2,200 BC (Christian dating, not mine) and I happen to KNOW that the earth was completely covered (except Antarctica) with humans by 15,000 BC The data is there for all to find on the interwebs.
If the Bible tells me that Moses lead 1,000,000+- Hebrews around the Sinai desert for 40 years and I happen to KNOW that archaeologists and other scientists have been looking for over 100 years for ANY evidence for this story….and they can find NOTHING, I tend to follow the available facts. Not one thing has EVER been found to support the Exodus story. You can read all about this on the interwebs….The truth is out there.
“As an example; we now understand that modern humans (Homo-sapiens) existed as far back as 200,000+- years ago. This is not speculation; there are multiple lines of evidence. The above mentioned sciences all agree.”
“Again that's your opinion, along with many other biased opinions. You will say no of course, but remember science has no "absolutes" and cannot be 100% certain in what they find.”
Again, my friend, this is not just “opinion”, it is proven fact in the scientific world. It is backed up with multiple lines of evidence….archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA and multiple dating methods. Check the internet and see if I’m telling the truth.
All of the debates in the science community and the research has been going on for a hundred years and now with the overwhelming supporting evidence from multiple lines of research agreeing with each other this is approaching as close as you can get to scientific certainty.
“The sciences also agree that there was no time in our recent past (say like 6,000+- years ago) when the human genome was down to 1 mating couple....or 4300+- years ago (think Noah's flood), and there was no human bottleneck of 4 mating couples.”
“Wouldn’t you agree, that "how and who" termed the method of how the dateing method of fossils and strata is where the difference of opinions would be establish for who is right or wrong?”
“Point is, all of science and religion is influenced by a worldview, and i feel that has an impact on how they interpret things and therefore gives influence to how they see and determine things...”
Well, what I was talking about above is the fact that DNA CAN do these things….it is the same science that your Federal and State governments use to send people to their death or to save them from a death penalty. The only world-view in action here is reality….it CAN and does tell us the truth. All of this, like the rest, is available all over the interwebs.
More below.....
You wrote;
If the Bible tells me that God Himself can down to earth and scrambled human language in about 2,000 BC to 2,200 BC (Christian dating, not mine) and I happen to KNOW that the earth was completely covered (except Antarctica) with humans by 15,000 BC The data is there for all to find on the interwebs.

Hmm, well i would like to see the source you speak of, that "you KNOW" there was humans all over the world at that time...

And how is it that you "know" that for an absolute fact?

Besides all that, what is your point on the dating part? What exactly are you saying?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because of past horror's, religions have murdered millions for not agreeing with the latest religious trend's.
It's like black people not trusting white people, because of past treatments. We proved to be untrustworthy. It never mattered how good that black man was, he's black.
I agree...to some extent...but if that's the reason..at some point we have to break the cycle. On the other hand, and I can say this without prejudice, because I am a Christian....there are many very radical, very hypocritical, and very self righteous people who claim to be Christian or claim to things vainly in the name of God. Those people bring disgrace to Christianity, even today. So, I honestly understand why so many people want absolutely nothing to do with Christians or even want to hear what anyone who claims to be Christian has to say.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I'm sooooo abusive.
No...you're not abusive. I don't recall saying you were.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But you do believe that anyone who doesn't believe in the same god as you will rot in hell. It's ego worship and the natural human inclination to judge others masquerading as humility; all wrapped up under the guise of "sacred beliefs" that conveniently absolve you from any blame or criticism.
By the way, I'm not personally attacking you, I am simply making an observation about christians in general.
I don't believe I've ever said that. But, yes, you have repeatedly personally attacked me. Perhaps your anger is at Christians in general, but you have personally attacked me. it's okay though...I forgive you...but you really should get to know someone before making assumptions. Just sayin...

:)

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
Imagine if I told you that if you didn't convert to "darwinism" (ignoring how silly the notion of "converting to darwinism" is) that it is my personal belief that you will be tortured for eternity.
If you told me that...it wouldn't affect me in the least. It's amazing though, that men from thousands of years ago wrote books that were later compiled together and those transcripts, tell us, that we will.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't make the rules just, reasonable, or even sensible. Your "loving, all knowing god" is logically incompatible with the notion of eternal torture, or even free will for that matter.
It doesn't make them just from a human point of view. We aren't God or gods. I don't place my understanding on the same level of God.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It depends, kids idolize their hero's and want to emulate them.
The sexual orientation of people has no business in the school until at least high school, because little children are too impressionable , besides their being no reason to fill their heads with this trivia anyway. I mean history isn't about the sex life of Lincoln , it's about Slavery and the Gettysburg Address and his assassination etc.
Perhaps when you become a historian things like Lincoln shagged the maid and blew Grant are pertinent topics.
I agree Aura...perhaps you and I don't agree on everything, but on this...we do.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you promote a cult of hate
you deserve appropriate respect
I do no such thing. I don't promote a cult, I promote God, not people.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have the belief that at least one human soul has been placed in Hell, a bad place, never to be released?
An all knowing god can only have one plan.
Good thing it's just a myth, right?
you wrote;
God created Hell for the express purpose of torturing souls for an eternity, according to the myth.

To which i pointed out was a lie, which is typicl of all Atheist and unbelievers who hate God. They love to twist words and form their on conclusion and misintrepretation of God and the Bible.

That being said here is the perfect example,

Your words:

Projecting lies once again..
Sorry but it's hard to talk or have a disussion with dishonest people like yourself..

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs cannot stand up to scrutiny.
That's a sure sign of faulty beliefs.
Well, it turns out the bible is one of the most popular books to ever be sold. Billions of people still believe in God against all odds. Yes, I think my belief has been more than able to stand up to scrutiny...

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's better than the vicious personal attacks, which are becoming tiresome.
Oh I really wish we could use emojis on here....you'd see a big ole smiley face! I definitely agree!!!
RiversideRedneck

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, we are all hiding. You got us. We've already been over this.
I'm not hiding, I'm Spartacus.

No wait, Catger's Spartacus.

...or was it Tide?
RiversideRedneck

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it turns out the bible is one of the most popular books to ever be sold. Billions of people still believe in God against all odds. Yes, I think my belief has been more than able to stand up to scrutiny...
And the beautiful thing is, the number of those that believe in God is rising every day.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do condemn people to your imaginary hell just by asserting that the bible is fact.
I don't condemn anyone. My interpretation of the bible and my beliefs are my own. It's not place to condemn or judge anyone...I'm not perfect, who am I to condemn? You're wrong.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You're contradicting yourself now.
This opposes your earlier assertion that god can be understood simply by believing.
All these contradictions cancel god out. If believing still isn't enough to understand him, then what will be?
Understanding who God is and understanding why He chooses to do what He does is entirely different.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
Well, I'm a Christian, but I'm not blind or ignorant to the fact that Christians...or at least people who use the term quite loosely to describe themselves, have indeed destroyed the world view of Christianity as a whole.
Christianity is simply not a good enough ideology. Following the Bible closely would be far worse than following it very selectively, using something like Humanism as a moderating influence.

Christianity created those people who are destroying the view of Christianity. Frankly, it's garbage in, garbage out. Give the Christian people something better, and they'll perform better. They're operating on outdated software.

Christianity does evolve, and it is better now than it was in the past, but the mechanisms that control the natural evolution of the religion are no longer fast enough to keep pace with the evolution of the larger societies that Christianity exists within.
Truth signed in wrote:
By all means, I don't think myself the perfect example of what Jesus Christ teaches we should be, but I make an honest effort. Those who get on here, and even those who don't, who speak with malice and hatred toward those who don't believe...they are in direct opposition to what is taught in the bible...and they pretty much deserve to be raked over the coals. I don't mind being made fun of for my belief...I expect that. It does bother me, though, when I'm stereotyped and lumped in with those who are hypocritical...because I make every effort not to be like them. I hope you'll give me the chance to prove I'm not like that.:)
Talking about being a good example of what Jesus teaches doesn't mean anything at all to me. I don't give out respect for that. When you get into the details, and start talking about what is good and what is bad, then I can find out what kind of ideology a person has, and evaluate it.

I'll probably be gone for I don't know how long, but if and when I return, I'll look to see if you're around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

464 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ready at your service Pm To Am - D Boy (Qatar) 7 min salmanafrid 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Catcher1 172,512
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min marge 533,291
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min mahesh 420
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min An NFL Fan 115,482
Umpipi Omkhulu 25 min lindo 4
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 26 min I am a Watsonian 147
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,514
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••