Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#623278 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the atheists go to Hell immediately.
At least we will have somewhere to roast our marshmellows while we wait for the almost entire population of the earth to join us.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#623279 May 11, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote;
If the Bible tells me that God Himself can down to earth and scrambled human language in about 2,000 BC to 2,200 BC (Christian dating, not mine) and I happen to KNOW that the earth was completely covered (except Antarctica) with humans by 15,000 BC The data is there for all to find on the interwebs.
Hmm, well i would like to see the source you speak of, that "you KNOW" there was humans all over the world at that time...
And how is it that you "know" that for an absolute fact?
Besides all that, what is your point on the dating part? What exactly are you saying?
Humans were first in Africa about 200,000 years ago.
Humans were in the Middle East at least 50,000 years ago
Humans were in Australia 40,000+- years ago.
We have pottery from China that is 20,000+- years old.
We have pottery from Japan and Korea that is 18,000+- years old.
There are cave painting from Spain and France that is 30,000+- years old.
People are known to have been living in Russia 40,000+- ago.

Prove me wrong on any of this

The point on all the dating stuff is that it shows that the Bible is dead wrong on many things....and its all scientifically provable.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#623280 May 11, 2013
saidI wrote:
My son liked the girl next door when he was 3, she had pink gumboots, so my son wanted the same. It didn't bother me I understood fully why he was happy to wear pink boots. The amount of brainless men telling me my son was going to be gay, not only is he with a single mother but she lets him wear pink boots!!!
When he was approximately 4 the Spice Girls were a hit. His father saw them started carrying on how cute they were. Seeing how happy they made his Dad my son wanted to play spice girls! I put makeup on him, we put silly out fits on, my hair in plates.(A guy came to the door once when we were playing Spice Girls)! His Dad would have died if he realized what carrying on with ooo's and rrrr's, and "aww look at that one", did for his son!
If his Dad had said something about a male group at that time, we would have been pretending to be them. If it was a male group that were gay we would have been imitating them.
Sexuality never needs to come into it, until they ask.
My Son managed not to be gay or a cross dresser...so far!
"...so far..."

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_at_the_End... ;

...as you know...he hasn't turned serial killer, yet.

lol...the parents are the last to know. Nothing good ever comes from cross-dressing little boys.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623281 May 11, 2013
Pokay wrote:
Let me try that again
<quoted text> Why do you keep assuming our sense of being turns off? You can't know it does.
<quoted text> Yea, only when we dream or otherwise become aware of something. Only when an "event" takes place.
<quoted text> Yes, where, indeed, do we go? I say "we" don't go anywhere, just that our sensory faculties (ability to sense an event) shuts down.
I didn't say I know that it "turns off" for sure, in fact I previously said that I can't actually know that for sure - but that doesn't mean anything. I can't know a lot of things for sure. I can't know for sure that I'm not a brain in a vat, but that doesn't mean that I am. Our sense of being seems to turn off while we sleep, and since I don't have any reason to believe otherwise, I don't.

Well, if our sense of being "pops in" when an "event (dream) takes place," why aren't we lucid in every single dream that we have? If our sense of being is simply lurking somewhere in the background while we sleep, then shouldn't we enter every dream with our complete self intact?

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623282 May 11, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Learn what a lie is. Even if incorrect, I expressed what I believed to be true, which can't be considered a lie.
That would be the oppisite of the "truth" and if you will learn what the truth is, you will see that it is the oppisite of a lie.

lie
1 [lahy] Show IPA . noun, verb, lied, ly∑ing.

noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.

something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.

an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

the charge or accusation of telling a lie: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

verb (used without object)
to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.

to express what is false; convey a false impression.

>Take your pick<..
If God created Hell, and knew what he would use it for, it was created with the intent of using it in every way he knew that he would use it for.
Again, it was "not his intent" it was created for Satan and his angels, btw which was created before mankind (humans) was.. And yes the foreknowledge of God knew people would "reject" him and his Son, but that is not God's fault for the rebellion of his creation. He created us to have freewill, not robots. You act as if he takes pleasure in the death of the wicked.
You can't hate something that you don't believe exists.
But yet you so religiously argue and mock, and do your best to disprove him? Why is that i wonder?
My impartial interpretation of the Bible is inherently going to be better than yours. You have a confirmation bias, I don't.
So you say..
Are you dishonestly using the word "lies" incorrectly, or doing it out of ignorance?
Why haven't I called you a liar for your mistakes?
You have exactly one opportunity to make yourself relevant to me in the future.
Well if you claim to know the Bible and have the abilty to understand it and interpret it better, then what you intialy said wasnt a mistake... Was it?

Location hidden

#623283 May 11, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,, yeah right..
Out of all the other religions out there,, you just so happen to use darwinism for an example...
He is your HIGH Priest and you know it......... For you never take his name in vain.....lol
"Darwinism" isn't a religion. I used it as an "example" because of all the idiots who claim that it is one; if you could read, you would have seen that I said that the notion of "converting to darwinism" is silly.

Darwin is my "high priest?" I never take his name in vain? Do you not have the ability to detect sarcasm? When I told someone to avoid taking his name in vain, it was a joke. Woooosh. Right over your head.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#623284 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't become gay.
You are or you are not gay.
It's as simple as that.
I don't understand the confusion.
BS! I've seen where your buddies here admitted to the popular activity of "flipping" a hetero into having gay sex. I beleive it was Happy Lesbo who called it flipping. I've seen comments of full-on Topix buttpirates here saying that they didn't like being with obviously gay men anywhere as much as they enjoyed getting a self-proclaimed straight man to consent to sex with them. I suppose it's about corrupting them, pulling away the facade of normalcy from their lives. Scum hate the thought that anyone else might be above their own level of depravity.

I suspect you've spent way too much time with those type of people, KittenKoder. Prolly your gay daddy.

Location hidden

#623285 May 11, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>We don't remember it while awake so why would we while we sleep? While awake we only remember the events associated with "being", but not "being" itself. You're asking me questions that I have answered time and time again. Seriously, quit the BS. Do I have to repeat again? Just because our sense of being is turned on doesn't mean it is an 'event'. Just "being" is just that; it's an unchanging state so it seems.
And we all know that without contrast there is nothing. Without at least two separate distinct entities, there is no motion; well, there is no detection of motion, if indeed that one entity is in motion. Get it?
Our mind is a collection of entities unto itself. I can think without any external input.

So if we can remember "the events associated with our sense of being" while awake, why shouldn't we be able to while asleep? Our minds are active while asleep, and we have the ability to form memories while asleep. And even in the absence of any sensory input, we can still "feel" our sense of being via our thoughts - so I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to feel our sense of being while asleep if it is indeed still "turned on." There's nothing about being asleep that would preclude us from feeling our sense of being - it's not as if all activity in the brain simply stops.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623286 May 11, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the oppisite of the "truth" and if you will learn what the truth is, you will see that it is the oppisite of a lie.
lie
1 [lahy] Show IPA . noun, verb, lied, ly∑ing.
noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.
something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
the charge or accusation of telling a lie: He flung the lie back at his accusers.
verb (used without object)
to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.
to express what is false; convey a false impression.
>Take your pick<..
<quoted text>
Again, it was "not his intent" it was created for Satan and his angels, btw which was created before mankind (humans) was.. And yes the foreknowledge of God knew people would "reject" him and his Son, but that is not God's fault for the rebellion of his creation. He created us to have freewill, not robots. You act as if he takes pleasure in the death of the wicked.
<quoted text>
But yet you so religiously argue and mock, and do your best to disprove him? Why is that i wonder?
<quoted text>
So you say..
<quoted text>
Well if you claim to know the Bible and have the abilty to understand it and interpret it better, then what you intialy said wasnt a mistake... Was it?
You make your last claim, yet no two christians ever agree on this "interpretation," so .... who's "standard" do we go by?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#623287 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
By young, I mean like kindergarden. I think they should start learning about this stuff as soon as they are able - so as soon as it is considered "appropriate" to teach them about the civil rights struggles of other groups, they should also start learning about the civil rights struggles of homosexuals.
Yes, we know all about you scumbags sick agenda for brainwashing little kids into self-destructive sex cult.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10564...

You push it into their minds at a time when the most serious issue they should have to deal with is if they want plain or chocolate milk after their nap time in their kindergarten class.

You have no shame.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#623288 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>BS! I've seen where your buddies here admitted to the popular activity of "flipping" a hetero into having gay sex. I beleive it was Happy Lesbo who called it flipping. I've seen comments of full-on Topix buttpirates here saying that they didn't like being with obviously gay men anywhere as much as they enjoyed getting a self-proclaimed straight man to consent to sex with them. I suppose it's about corrupting them, pulling away the facade of normalcy from their lives. Scum hate the thought that anyone else might be above their own level of depravity.
I suspect you've spent way too much time with those type of people, KittenKoder. Prolly your gay daddy.
Tsk tsk, nano.

Location hidden

#623289 May 11, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Well then, that wasn't so hard was it? Finally you admit it. That's all I wanted. There is no argument then. It is established now that we are only talking about our beliefs and that because there is no scientific evidence, neither of our beliefs can be proved to be more probable than the other, scientifically.
I've said this several times throughout our discussion - maybe you missed it. The best way to summarize my thoughts on the matter would probably be to say this: while it is currently impossible to scientifically prove that the mind comes from the brain, the evidence (or observations, if you don't like the E word) that we have suggests that the mind does indeed emerge from the brain. There is a clear association between the two, and in the absence of any compelling, alternate explanations, I think it is reasonable to assume that the brain does what it appears to do.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623290 May 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God needs promoting?
God needs a good pimp.

http://moserious.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/...

Location hidden

#623291 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we know all about you scumbags sick agenda for brainwashing little kids into self-destructive sex cult.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10564...
You push it into their minds at a time when the most serious issue they should have to deal with is if they want plain or chocolate milk after their nap time in their kindergarten class.
You have no shame.
Chocolate milk is good for you sir.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/file...

Location hidden

#623292 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, your sarcasm is always appreciated! Do U whoop your children? If U don't answer, never mind because it's not my business anyway. But it's the same concept we humans use to make sure our kids stay in line and do as they are told because we want the best for them. Even though we know that this will hurt our child it's still acceptable to hit them because we do it under the pretense that it will help the become a good person. Now I don't whoop my son for anything that I know I haven't explained to him but the things that he know I don't accept will not be tolerated in my kingdom (house) and there are consequences. God feels the same way about His rules and regulations.
The two situations are not comparable in the slightest. Molding the behavior of a child through violence (which is not something I agree with anyway) is not even in the same ball park as damning someone to hell for eternity.

Here is a more reasonable analogy: imagine your child does something that you strongly dislike - so much so that it leads to a falling out - you disown him and he refuses to acknowledge you as his parent. An unfortunate situation, to be sure. Let's say that your kid has done something that in your eyes is unforgivable. In this situation, would you, even for a second, consider locking him in your basement and torturing him for the rest of his life? That's what your god does, except the punishment lasts for an eternity as opposed to a lifetime, and the "sin" that warrants this eternal punishment is laughably petty: your god sends people to hell not for their actions, but for simply failing to believe in him.

Location hidden

#623293 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference in teaching someone about history and teaching someone gay propaganda?
WTF? Gay propaganda? What is gay propaganda? Teaching kids about the significance of the gay rights movement and the individual contributions of gay individuals is "gay propaganda?"

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#623294 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>As am I. I brought that up earlier - if our sense of being stays active while sleeping, shouldn't every single one of our dreams be lucid?
I can't imagine why, although when I dream I'm a cartoon character in a cartoon dream the dream is always a lucid one without any conscious effort at control, it's just "there" like being awake. The one where I've had to make a conscious effort at controlling the dreamscape are the more satisfying ones though, IOWs, I have control over people who are difficult to deal with in waking life.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#623295 May 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk tsk, nano.
Shut it, Flipper.

Location hidden

#623296 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not dare to compare the struggle of black Americans to that of gays.
It's repulsive, ignorant and racist.
Lol. Typical. I will grant you, blacks have had it worse than gays overall in this country when you take into account slavery and the reconstruction era south, but the two situations are comparable. Both segments of the population are historically marginalized peoples, and both have had to overcome bigotry and prejudice in their fight for equal rights.

Location hidden

#623297 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine why, although when I dream I'm a cartoon character in a cartoon dream the dream is always a lucid one without any conscious effort at control, it's just "there" like being awake. The one where I've had to make a conscious effort at controlling the dreamscape are the more satisfying ones though, IOWs, I have control over people who are difficult to deal with in waking life.
You're a cartoon character in my waking life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 265,392
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min marge 560,151
Big titties (Sep '10) 23 min TittySucker 19
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 35 min Classic 1,922
Moses never existed 59 min bacon hater 794
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 1 hr lcwo i rho 33
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dolphin 441,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web