Prove there's a god.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623511 May 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously that foolish to think that just being a shoplifter, is what will send a person to hell???
WOW,, I truly hope you are not that ignorant??
And your second statement is even more ignorant then the first..Well almost..
In your case it would be your denial and rejection of they being a God .. For those who believe in God, but yet reject Jesus will recieve the same judgment as you will.
Just because a person is a drug addict, shoplifter, drunkard, isnt what sends them to hell. It's Blaspheming the Holy Ghost..
blas·pheme
[blas-feem, blas-feem] Show IPA verb, blas·phemed, blas·phem·ing.
verb (used with object)
1.
to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2.
to speak evil of; slander; abuse.
verb (used without object)
3.
to speak irreverently of God or sacred things; utter impieties.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English (< Anglo-French ) < Late Latin blasph&#275;m&#257;re < Greek blasph&#275;meîn to speak profanely, derivative of blásph&#275;mos blasphemous
What exactly is the Holy Ghost?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623512 May 12, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not a dude but I am part Neanderthal.
Well you might be, but I ain't no monkehhh!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#623513 May 12, 2013
god wrote:
look up stupid
http://lmgtfy.com/... +

Anything else?
Michael

Dublin, CA

#623514 May 12, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Prove there isn't a god you toolbag!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623515 May 12, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That's it! It is a disgusting and immoral concept borne from the men who would burn their enemies with joy.
Yep. In my opinion, the entire concept of hell is simply a reflection of the viciously judgmental fantasies of the early biblical authors.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623516 May 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously that foolish to think that just being a shoplifter, is what will send a person to hell???
WOW,, I truly hope you are not that ignorant??
And your second statement is even more ignorant then the first..Well almost..
In your case it would be your denial and rejection of they being a God .. For those who believe in God, but yet reject Jesus will recieve the same judgment as you will.
Just because a person is a drug addict, shoplifter, drunkard, isnt what sends them to hell. It's Blaspheming the Holy Ghost..
blas·pheme
[blas-feem, blas-feem] Show IPA verb, blas·phemed, blas·phem·ing.
verb (used with object)
1.
to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2.
to speak evil of; slander; abuse.
verb (used without object)
3.
to speak irreverently of God or sacred things; utter impieties.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English (< Anglo-French ) < Late Latin blasph&#275;m&#257;re < Greek blasph&#275;meîn to speak profanely, derivative of blásph&#275;mos blasphemous
So then you think it's fair to torture someone who doubts the stories of uneducated, misinformed, primitive humans. That's even worse.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623517 May 12, 2013
jessica styles wrote:
<quoted text>
i cant prove anything but i know there's a god because my little brother had a seizure and i cried and prayed to god that he would make my brother came back he died for three seconds within my praying and when i was done god answered them my brother was back and there's one story next one we were on a family rode trip to show my little brothers were we lived in new York while we were in Pennsylvania my mom fell asleep on the wheel cause everybody else in the car was asleep we started spinning out of control big ass trucks darting at us and all of a sudden we parallel parked on the side of the rode i mean i was injured but nothing serious i got injured instead of dying when we got to a hotel the police told the guy what happened paid for us to stay for the night until my aunt got us and the hotel manager said were lucky to be alive cause every accident there there was on that highway they all died now don't you think that's a miracle of god now ill let you ponder on that
Welp, that's it folks./debate

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623518 May 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is the Holy Ghost?
Is this Kitten kodder? Sheew its confusing to keep track of who is who on here....just saying...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit

For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is Almighty God.[12][13][14] The Holy Spirit is seen by most Christians as one person of the Triune God, who revealed His Holy Name, YHWH, to His people Israel, sent His eternally begotten son Jesus to save them from their sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify and give life to His Church.[15][16][17] The Triune God manifests as three persons (Greek hypostases),[18] in one divine being (Greek: Ousia),[19] called the Godhead,[20] the Divine Essence of God.[21

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623519 May 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is the Holy Ghost?
Casper's uncle was a Pope. I think.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623520 May 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And its pretty obvious you believe everything you read on the web as being 100% absolutely true.
<quoted text>
"Solid evidence" you say. Really? According to who?
Your first 2 links are from a "Evolution" link that of course is going to tell you that what they have is "solid eveidence"...lol
Here is a part of what it read...
No matter how the calculation is done, the big point still holds: humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos are more closely related to one another than either is to gorillas or any other primate. From the perspective of this powerful test of biological kinship,
""" humans are not only related to the great apes – we are one."""
******
P23 writes: REALLY? You can be called an ape monkey if so choose, but i will decline that insult..
******
The DNA evidence leaves us with one of the greatest surprises in biology: the wall between human, on the one hand, and ape or animal, on the other, has been breached. The human evolutionary tree is embedded within the great apes.
The strong similarities between humans and the African great apes led """"" "Charles Darwin in 1871 to predict that Africa was the likely place where the human lineage branched off from other animals – that is, the place where the common ancestor of chimpanzees, humans, and gorillas once lived. The DNA evidence shows an amazing confirmation of this daring prediction. The African great apes, including humans, have a closer kinship bond with one another than the African apes have with orangutans or other primates. Hardly ever has a scientific prediction so bold, so ‘out there’ for its time, been upheld as the one made in 1871 – that human evolution began in Africa.
P23 writes; And as for your last link, obviously you didnt see that the author of it "believes in creation" Not evolution..
Radiometric dating--the process of determining the age of rocks from the decay of their radioactive elements--has been in widespread use for over half a century. There are over forty such techniques, each using a different radioactive element or a different way of measuring them. It has become increasingly clear that these radiometric dating techniques agree with each other and as a whole,
present a coherent picture in which the Earth was created a very long time ago.
So this is your "proof" that the Bible is false?
You didn't leave enough room to leave a proper reply so I am going to do a reply without your verbiage.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623521 May 12, 2013
Hello Psalm 23
You write:
“Your first 2 links are from a "Evolution" link that of course is going to tell you that what they have is "solid eveidence"...lol
Here is a part of what it read...

Word writes: First off my friend that Evolution site is the Smithsonian Institute, not some flaky back- alley evolutionist. I believe their reputation is a good or better that “Answers in Genesis” or “Institute for Creation Research” Talk about back alley.

Smithsonian says:
“No matter how the calculation is done, the big point still holds: humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos are more closely related to one another than either is to gorillas or any other primate. From the perspective of this powerful test of biological kinship,

""" humans are not only related to the great apes – we are one."""

P23 writes: REALLY? You can be called an ape monkey if so choose, but i will decline that insult..

Word writes: Decline all you want to bud, but the truth is out there and the truth is we ARE related and are from the line of great apes. You and all your friends in the creationist crowd will eventually have to deal with it—it will not go away. There are multiple unrelated lines of evidence.

Smithsonian writes:
“The strong similarities between humans and the African great apes led """"" "Charles Darwin in 1871 to predict that Africa was the likely place where the human lineage branched off from other animals – that is, the place where the common ancestor of chimpanzees, humans, and gorillas once lived. The DNA evidence shows an amazing confirmation of this daring prediction. The African great apes, including humans, have a closer kinship bond with one another than the African apes have with orangutans or other primates. Hardly ever has a scientific prediction so bold, so ‘out there’ for its time, been upheld as the one made in 1871 – that human evolution began in Africa.”

P23 writes; And as for your last link, obviously you didnt see that the author of it "believes in creation" Not evolution..

I am totally aware that the last link I gave you (Roger Wiens, on radiometric dating) was written by a religious believer and on a religious website….I’ve been giving out the link to creationist for years. The smart ones get it.

“Radiometric dating--the process of determining the age of rocks from the decay of their radioactive elements--has been in widespread use for over half a century. There are over forty such techniques, each using a different radioactive element or a different way of measuring them. It has become increasingly clear that these radiometric dating techniques agree with each other and as a whole, present a coherent picture in which the Earth was created a very long time ago.”

P23 writes:“So this is your "proof" that the Bible is false?”

It is but a small part of the whole picture Psalms, just a small part.

A bigger part of the picture is ALL the real uncontested evidence that many of the sciences have found in their respective fields.
The earth REALLY is very old.
Africa IS the home of the human race—not Israel
Humans really DID roam Africa 200,000+- years ago.
Humans really were ALL over the world (except Antarctica) by 15,000+- years ago.
There are real facts behind those assertions…Just those above facts alone prove a lot of the Bible is wrong. This is not “Piltdown man” crap; it is many different sciences doing unrelated work that just happens to apply to religious beliefs.
Adam and Eve, as written in the Bible, never happened….the evidence from the above mentioned facts precludes them existing. As I’ve said before, the loss of Adam and Eve as real people has some real consequences for Christianity. Deny it all you want….it IS happening.

Did you know that whenever the Church and Science go head to head-- the Church has never won.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623523 May 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Modern humans have only been around about 200,000 years. There is no human 4.5 million years old, you will have to show the evidence of that, I don't think all of us would have missed this type news. But even if modern humans did exist 4-5 million years ago it would only be a major revision in history, and not wreck the ToE.
I never said they was humans 4.5 million years ago. I said thats the date they have as to the only known fossil that is "assumed" to be similar to man.

Think ya missed the word "indistinguishble" which means NOT distinguishable..

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623524 May 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't leave enough room to leave a proper reply so I am going to do a reply without your verbiage.
I will reply later,, its past my bed time..lol

later.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#623525 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they was humans 4.5 million years ago. I said thats the date they have as to the only known fossil that is "assumed" to be similar to man.
Think ya missed the word "indistinguishble" which means NOT distinguishable..
AND I said show it, because it ain't so.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623526 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Kitten kodder? Sheew its confusing to keep track of who is who on here....just saying...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit
For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is Almighty God.[12][13][14] The Holy Spirit is seen by most Christians as one person of the Triune God, who revealed His Holy Name, YHWH, to His people Israel, sent His eternally begotten son Jesus to save them from their sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify and give life to His Church.[15][16][17] The Triune God manifests as three persons (Greek hypostases),[18] in one divine being (Greek: Ousia),[19] called the Godhead,[20] the Divine Essence of God.[21
You reply with nothing but assertions, failing to answer her question. Do you have an answer?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623527 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they was humans 4.5 million years ago. I said thats the date they have as to the only known fossil that is "assumed" to be similar to man.
Think ya missed the word "indistinguishble" which means NOT distinguishable..
Here, learn something:
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.ht...

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623529 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you think it's fair to torture someone who doubts the stories of uneducated, misinformed, primitive humans. That's even worse.
Do you think its fair for you to call all the Biblical scholars who spent their lifetime, hours upon hours days upon days of studying and translating the Torah manuscripts,Greek and Hebrew scrolls, compared to your knowledge of the Bible which is that of a pre schooler with learning disabilities?

Thats absurd!!!

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623530 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Kitten kodder? Sheew its confusing to keep track of who is who on here....just saying...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit
For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is Almighty God.[12][13][14] The Holy Spirit is seen by most Christians as one person of the Triune God, who revealed His Holy Name, YHWH, to His people Israel, sent His eternally begotten son Jesus to save them from their sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify and give life to His Church.[15][16][17] The Triune God manifests as three persons (Greek hypostases),[18] in one divine being (Greek: Ousia),[19] called the Godhead,[20] the Divine Essence of God.[21
No, I'm not Kitten.

I'm _-Alice-_. Formerly known as River Tam.

So, what exactly is the Holy Ghost to you? I'm familiar with Wikis.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623531 May 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
AND I said show it, because it ain't so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominini

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623532 May 13, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hide behind anything. And my belief doesn't make me personally responsible for the choices of the rest of the world. I believe that illicit drugs are bad for people and those who choose to use them recklessly destroy not only their life but others around them, So is it my that they choose to do drugs? Don't base my personal beliefs, and what works for me on how other people accept or feel about them. If your beliefs are the result of how others may feel about them then perhaps you suffer from a bit of peer pressure. I outgrew that in highschool. Relishing in the outcomes of others lives, however, is quite relevant. If I delighted in the idea of someone going to hell it would be understandable that you find my belief in God so completely offensive...but the fact is...I don't take delight in that at all.
This post is full of errors. First of all, I did not say that you are personally responsible for the death or condemnation of anyone - what I did say is that you cannot use your "sacred religious beliefs" to justify your belief in eternal torture. My point is this: you believe that non christians will spend an eternity in hell, and this belief is not made any less repugnant by the fact that your religion tells you to believe it. Again, it doesn't matter whether or not you personally enjoy the notion of non believers burning in hell - the important part is that you do in fact believe it; and much like your god, you don't consider love/compassion to be logically incompatible with eternal torture.

Second, I'm not sure why you decided that I am forced by peer pressure to believe what I believe. I did say that I would never believe that most of my fellow human beings are going to burn in hell for eternity, but I don't see what that has to do with peer pressure. That's compassion, not peer pressure. Also, let's not forget the sweet irony of a member of the majority religion telling me that I am particularly susceptible to peer pressure.

"Relishing in the outcomes of others lives is quite relevant." Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 646,465
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 48,348
hookups gh.for everyone 6 min HOOKUPS FOR EVERYONE 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 105,562
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min WasteWater 2,024
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 12 min KinkyForYou 66
Gay Skype 33 min idkyuallgaggin 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
More from around the web