Prove there's a god.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#623525 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they was humans 4.5 million years ago. I said thats the date they have as to the only known fossil that is "assumed" to be similar to man.
Think ya missed the word "indistinguishble" which means NOT distinguishable..
AND I said show it, because it ain't so.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623526 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Kitten kodder? Sheew its confusing to keep track of who is who on here....just saying...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit
For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is Almighty God.[12][13][14] The Holy Spirit is seen by most Christians as one person of the Triune God, who revealed His Holy Name, YHWH, to His people Israel, sent His eternally begotten son Jesus to save them from their sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify and give life to His Church.[15][16][17] The Triune God manifests as three persons (Greek hypostases),[18] in one divine being (Greek: Ousia),[19] called the Godhead,[20] the Divine Essence of God.[21
You reply with nothing but assertions, failing to answer her question. Do you have an answer?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623527 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they was humans 4.5 million years ago. I said thats the date they have as to the only known fossil that is "assumed" to be similar to man.
Here, learn something:
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.ht...

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#623529 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you think it's fair to torture someone who doubts the stories of uneducated, misinformed, primitive humans. That's even worse.
Do you think its fair for you to call all the Biblical scholars who spent their lifetime, hours upon hours days upon days of studying and translating the Torah manuscripts,Greek and Hebrew scrolls, compared to your knowledge of the Bible which is that of a pre schooler with learning disabilities?

Thats absurd!!!

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623530 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Kitten kodder? Sheew its confusing to keep track of who is who on here....just saying...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit
For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is Almighty God.[12][13][14] The Holy Spirit is seen by most Christians as one person of the Triune God, who revealed His Holy Name, YHWH, to His people Israel, sent His eternally begotten son Jesus to save them from their sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify and give life to His Church.[15][16][17] The Triune God manifests as three persons (Greek hypostases),[18] in one divine being (Greek: Ousia),[19] called the Godhead,[20] the Divine Essence of God.[21
No, I'm not Kitten.

I'm _-Alice-_. Formerly known as River Tam.

So, what exactly is the Holy Ghost to you? I'm familiar with Wikis.

Location hidden

#623531 May 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
AND I said show it, because it ain't so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominini

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623532 May 13, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hide behind anything. And my belief doesn't make me personally responsible for the choices of the rest of the world. I believe that illicit drugs are bad for people and those who choose to use them recklessly destroy not only their life but others around them, So is it my that they choose to do drugs? Don't base my personal beliefs, and what works for me on how other people accept or feel about them. If your beliefs are the result of how others may feel about them then perhaps you suffer from a bit of peer pressure. I outgrew that in highschool. Relishing in the outcomes of others lives, however, is quite relevant. If I delighted in the idea of someone going to hell it would be understandable that you find my belief in God so completely offensive...but the fact is...I don't take delight in that at all.
This post is full of errors. First of all, I did not say that you are personally responsible for the death or condemnation of anyone - what I did say is that you cannot use your "sacred religious beliefs" to justify your belief in eternal torture. My point is this: you believe that non christians will spend an eternity in hell, and this belief is not made any less repugnant by the fact that your religion tells you to believe it. Again, it doesn't matter whether or not you personally enjoy the notion of non believers burning in hell - the important part is that you do in fact believe it; and much like your god, you don't consider love/compassion to be logically incompatible with eternal torture.

Second, I'm not sure why you decided that I am forced by peer pressure to believe what I believe. I did say that I would never believe that most of my fellow human beings are going to burn in hell for eternity, but I don't see what that has to do with peer pressure. That's compassion, not peer pressure. Also, let's not forget the sweet irony of a member of the majority religion telling me that I am particularly susceptible to peer pressure.

"Relishing in the outcomes of others lives is quite relevant." Huh?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623533 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that any fossils have been found that resemble humans, that have been dated to the time of the formation of the earth.

Location hidden

#623534 May 13, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, you post by putting words on others keyboards. timn17 never claimed that what they believed was based on how others felt about it. Weird.
Indeed.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623535 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will reply later,, its past my bed time..lol
later.
Later dude....sweet dreams.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623536 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think its fair for you to call all the Biblical scholars who spent their lifetime, hours upon hours days upon days of studying and translating the Torah manuscripts,Greek and Hebrew scrolls, compared to your knowledge of the Bible which is that of a pre schooler with learning disabilities?
Thats absurd!!!
Since they are wrong, and did nothing but promote and support a scam, they do deserve to be mocked. However, you are suggesting that they be tortured forever.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623537 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats absurd!!!
They were clueless and uneducated morons based on modern standards of education and intelligence.

As a historian and anthropologist, I know for more than all those clerics combined. Actually anyone with a decent education does.

Location hidden

#623538 May 13, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you love personally persecuting Christians. It's why the Hell the Bible refers to does most certainly exist;;;, despite your delusional wish and failing faith that it doesn't.
Sadly for you, it does exist and it was created to eternally punish you due to your tyrannical, fit-pitching unbelief of God, and radical rebellion against God.
How exactly do I persecute christians?

Why does hell most definitely exist?

My "delusional wish and failing faith?" I don't "wish" that there is no hell, there's just no evidence for one. And faith can't "fail" if it's not there in the first place.

Hell was created to punish my "tyrannical, fit-pitching," lack of belief, and my "radical rebellion against god?"

Dude, you're nuts. Hell is a fantasy - i lets christian

Location hidden

#623539 May 13, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not Kitten.
I'm _-Alice-_. Formerly known as River Tam.
So, what exactly is the Holy Ghost to you? I'm familiar with Wikis.
It's a part of the Godhead,the triune. That was giving to us when Christ accended back to the Father in Heaven. That is what indwells in a person when they become a follower of Jesus. It's a teacher, so to speak. Leads guides and directs us, and helps us to be better servants of God. It's our comforter.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623540 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a part of the Godhead,the triune. That was giving to us when Christ accended back to the Father in Heaven. That is what indwells in a person when they become a follower of Jesus. It's a teacher, so to speak. Leads guides and directs us, and helps us to be better servants of God. It's our comforter.
So ... it's an alien that lives inside a human host.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#623541 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
Are you calling that indistinguishable from modern humans?
What you are talking about is Ardi , Ardi changed what we thought in the classical hypothesis by Darwin that man evolved big brains from making tools and that big brains came before a upright stance and bipedalism. It turned out to be wrong Ardi had a small brain , made tools and was fully bipedal, had more modern and sophisticated bone structure in her hands. So basically the idea became that modern apes are an offshoot of a more human like creature, and not that we evolved from a more ape like creature. But this creature Ardi was a far cry from modern humans.

The interesting thing now is this is being pushed back further with a somewhat human like creature that is 12 million years old , with a flat face and not projecting like later hominids.
So the lesson here is we still haven't figured it all out yet.
This creature was found in Spain, so Humans may not have come from Africa first.
But Ardi is not very much like modern humans , and couldn't pass for one at any time. It just had more human characteristics than was thought to be possible that early.

http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#623542 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How exactly do I persecute christians?
Why does hell most definitely exist?....
You must understand that these type of people consider anything not in agreement with their beliefs as persecution. Meanwhile they do the same and worse to everyone else.

Hypocrites in the truest sense of the term.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#623543 May 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... it's an alien that lives inside a human host.
In the Christian use, yes.

In Judaism it is "Ruach Ha'Kodesh" wich is best translated as "that which makes us living creatures" or in the case of humans "that which makes us thinking creatures".

Judaism makes much more sense than the Christian bastardization of it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#623544 May 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling that indistinguishable from modern humans?...
Please consider that from the perspective of a creationist, a lemur is indistiguishible from themselves.

Never try to teach a lemur to think. It wastes your time and annoys the lemur.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623545 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's like your light house? It keeps you from crashing into the rocks? I think I get it now.

Thanks Psalms23.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap PCB Boards, Best PCB Manufacturer in Chin... 2 min Fire3759 4
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 6 min Dolly1081 84
The Future of Politics in America 8 min truth 217
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Scaritual 88,062
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Serum2874 54,093
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Kiss2593 619,181
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Kisser5101 3,950
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 52 min Licks8751 526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Lips6855 665,279
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Dripz4646 102
More from around the web