|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Free thinker"?
As opposed to what, "slave thinker"?
"Bound thinker"?
RR may like wearing chains. I do not.
Hence my quote marks every time I used the phrase "free thinker".

RR likes to place labels on everyone to better help him in his stereotyping.

It also helps him to keep his vision and perception of others in the shades of black and white while also assisting him in his attempt to pigeon hole everyone.

If RR likes wearing chains, they are chains he has placed upon himself and which therefore can only be broken by himself, but as he is an INDIVIDUAL that is his choice- unless he isn't really an individual as he often seems to think there is safety in numbers and often seems to prefer to simply be another sheep in the flock.

<shrugs>

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first, you can. The word "meh" is now in the dictionary, it was added very recently.
You are ignoring most of the definitions just because you want to use the word in only your way, that's not how the English language works, otherwise, there would only be one two.
Of course a word can be redefined. What I mean is that you Topix atheists don't get to change the definition of the word "atheist" to suit your individual tastes.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You first would have to find an HONEST freethinker to think of a freethinkers way of thinking to freely give you his/her honest thoughts about how a freethinker really thinks....
So good luck in other words.......lol
Right- and we ALL know that ALL Christians are HONEST......yep- every single one of you are as honest as the day is long.....might be so if the length of a day was less than a nanosecond.

Have fun joining RR's "wonderful" world of stereotyping....

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
That one's so far in the closet she can see Narnia.
HA! I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know, when someone else says they believe something, they're lying, but when you say you believe something, you *believe* it.
Duuuu-uuuude....

Donald Duck doesn't wear underwear, or pants.

So why does he cover up with a towel in a bath scene?

Ponder that.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you complain when a history book points out skin color? Nationality? Blackness? Are you one of those people that complains about black history month? You can't keep pretending gay people don't exist.
Are the books "strictly" about gay history, or is gay history included? If so, why in the world would you object to that? There is a gay rights movement, and gay people have accomplished some noteworthy things - that's what history books are for. Do you blow a gasket when a history book mentions that MLK was black, or is his skin color not relevant? LOL
Well that's my point, isn't it?

If somebody did something noteworthy in history, what the f*ck difference does it make what that person's sexual preference is?

How come junior high or high school history classes don't go into detail about how straight George Washington or Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King were?

Answer: It's not important.

And it shouldn't be taught to kids.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Cause they might turn gay, right? Hide yo' kids from the gay menace! LOL
Whatever, dude.

Don't make em pray, either! They might turn Christian!

Uh-oh...

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize how stupid you sound, to try and use the word "freethinker" as a pejorative meaning "sheep," and then at the same time point out two "freethinkers" with different opinions? Do you even think before you type?
The freethinkers don't freethink very good cuz they all freethink exactly the same.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he can't, but it gets rewritten every years anyway.
every years, huh?

Is that a long time?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are really overusing this " free thinking" business, RR.
As in driving it into the ground.
Just like you and your fellow Christians don't all think the same, what makes you think those who don't believe in your god or your Jesus all think the same?
If anything, we "free thinkers" not only appreciate and respect individualism and individual thought, we embrace it- not that I am implying I speak for all "free thinkers", but if nothing else, the majority of "free thinkers" are capable of thinking outside the box.
Not so much with you and the majority of your fellow Christians, though....
Well, at least that you're stuck on this "free thinkers" business gives you yet another excuse to try and stereotype- your favorite pastime.
Ya, sure, whatever. What I see on Topix paints a different picture.

The freethinkers all freethink that God isn't real.

The rational skeptics are all skeptical of one thing - God.

Imagine that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!
I stole it.

I'd give attribution, but I cannot remember.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Right- and we ALL know that ALL Christians are HONEST......yep- every single one of you are as honest as the day is long.....might be so if the length of a day was less than a nanosecond.
Have fun joining RR's "wonderful" world of stereotyping....
Hey, hypocrite.

You just stereotyped Christians.

H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The freethinkers don't freethink very good cuz they all freethink exactly the same.
Wrong- yet AGAIN, RR.....

It really puzzles me what satisfaction you get from your cookie-cutter mentality.

You're sounding like the Communists you also stereotype as well as sounding pretty silly and naive since no two people in this world think exactly the same thing about every single thing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, sure, whatever. What I see on Topix paints a different picture.
The freethinkers all freethink that God isn't real.
The rational skeptics are all skeptical of one thing - God.
Imagine that.
No......what those who don't believe in your god think is that there is no proof or evidence of any god.

And maybe you don't perceive ME as a "free thinker", since I've repeatedly stated I very strongly tend to believe a god exists, but there is no evidence or proof of that; that's why it's a BELIEF and not a FACT.

Facts are demonstrated by means of evidence. Evidence is proof.

There is neither evidence of proof of the existence of any god- no matter how much you and the many who think like you do- that no evidence or proof is needed to state that the existence of a god is a fact.

So yeah- in the absence of any evidence, skepticism makes sense.

To use this example yet again- I could tell you that I had little green Martians dancing on my lawn last night.

Now if I can't give you any evidence of that, wouldn't you be skeptical as to my claim that it is fact that there were little green Martians on my lawn last night?

Or would you just take me at my word because I SAID so and because I INSIST that this is fact?

You tell people that if they look for god, they will find him, so based on that, why can't I tell YOU that if you look for little green Martians you will find them?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody did something noteworthy in history, what the f*ck difference does it make what that person's sexual preference is?
How come junior high or high school history classes don't go into detail about how straight George Washington or Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King were?
They're just the next in line for recognition I guess dude.
First it was women with women's equal rights and history, then it was blacks, with equal right's and black history.
Now it's them calling for equal rights 's history and gay day.
Look at it this way, you may get another vacation day.
What will you do on gay day?
Stay inside so you don't look suspicious.LOL

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, hypocrite.
You just stereotyped Christians.
H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E
No, I didn't. First of all, the first part of my post was fairly dripping with sarcasm with the point being that no WAY is every single Christian honest.

I did NOT say NO Christians are honest. Had I said that, that would have been stereotyping, but as I did NOT say that, you are WRONG- yet AGAIN.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude. I asked you why we don't have a sense of being while sleeping, and you said because we don't "remember it."
Ok then show me, direct me to the posts. If you asked me why we don't have a sense of being while sleeping I would have told you that I believe we *do* have a sense of being while sleeping. You're implying I believe we don't maintain a sense of being. All the rest was my way of justifying my belief, which btw has nothing to do with how unconscious molecules could ever become conscious; this is a separate argument.
I asked why, if memory is integral to our sense of being, a man with no memory can have a sense of being.All I am doing is pointing out the flaw in your initial statement - that we don't have a sense of being while sleeping because we don't remember it. Your "excuse" for our lack of "being" while sleeping was to say that we would have one if only we could remember it. The whole point of me bringing up a damaged hippocampus was to point this out.
I'm about ready to drop this, you flake. This has to be the thousandth time I explained that memory IMO is not integral to our sense of being. Why do you keep implying that I think it is? I mean, I know why, but I still have to ask.

It's not that we *would* have one "if only we'd remember it", it's that we *have* one, just that because it can only be sensed in the present and because it is unchanging it is also therefore incapable of forming a distinct memory. And without memory of something then it's like that something never happened, now isn't it? It's not that hard, but you won't stop misrepresenting me, it's all you have.
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody does something noteworthy in history, what the f*ck difference does it make what that person's gender is? Or what their race is? Or what their religion is? Or what their nationality is? Or what their marital status is? Or whether or not they have/had children?

Well, we all learn pretty much all of the above despite the above really not being "important" right?

Speaking of that, you have posted here MANY times (even though quite erroneously) that the founding fathers were all Christian.

Why does THAT matter?

Answer: It doesn't because it's not important.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not analogous. How do you define "remembering our sense of being?" I may not remember exactly what it was like a minute ago, but I certainly have memories attached to it, can feel a sense of time, and can assume that it felt like it currently does now. This doesn't happen while I'm asleep.
You said it yourself but you're not putting it together the rest of the way. You're right there.

You have memories attached to it. That's it. You're not remembering your 'sense of being' you're remembering the events that are attached to it. It's not enough to allow me to claim this as scientific evidence that our sense of being persists while sleeping but it is enough for me to believe what I believe. And I'm saying neither do you have scientific evidence that the sense of being is turned off; it's simply your belief.

Just as there is no scientific evidence that consciousness can evolve from unconscious molecules. When you have clue #1 as to *how* molecules create this consciousness, then you can claim scientific evidence. Right now all you have is 'association' without any clue as to the nature of that association. Molecules could just be "tools" used by consciousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 591,441 - 591,460 of679,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

697 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 216,799
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Oxbow 511,982
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min All-Righty 89,540
White House says bad intelligence fed WMD claim (Apr '06) 21 min who 91
Gay Snapchat Names 22 min Dblack379 1,329
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min shovelhead72 52,503
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min BLUEEYED CHILD OF FORTUNE 440,803
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Aiso82 234
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr Dang It 109,526
•••
•••
•••