Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623292 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, your sarcasm is always appreciated! Do U whoop your children? If U don't answer, never mind because it's not my business anyway. But it's the same concept we humans use to make sure our kids stay in line and do as they are told because we want the best for them. Even though we know that this will hurt our child it's still acceptable to hit them because we do it under the pretense that it will help the become a good person. Now I don't whoop my son for anything that I know I haven't explained to him but the things that he know I don't accept will not be tolerated in my kingdom (house) and there are consequences. God feels the same way about His rules and regulations.
The two situations are not comparable in the slightest. Molding the behavior of a child through violence (which is not something I agree with anyway) is not even in the same ball park as damning someone to hell for eternity.

Here is a more reasonable analogy: imagine your child does something that you strongly dislike - so much so that it leads to a falling out - you disown him and he refuses to acknowledge you as his parent. An unfortunate situation, to be sure. Let's say that your kid has done something that in your eyes is unforgivable. In this situation, would you, even for a second, consider locking him in your basement and torturing him for the rest of his life? That's what your god does, except the punishment lasts for an eternity as opposed to a lifetime, and the "sin" that warrants this eternal punishment is laughably petty: your god sends people to hell not for their actions, but for simply failing to believe in him.

Location hidden

#623293 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference in teaching someone about history and teaching someone gay propaganda?
WTF? Gay propaganda? What is gay propaganda? Teaching kids about the significance of the gay rights movement and the individual contributions of gay individuals is "gay propaganda?"

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#623294 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>As am I. I brought that up earlier - if our sense of being stays active while sleeping, shouldn't every single one of our dreams be lucid?
I can't imagine why, although when I dream I'm a cartoon character in a cartoon dream the dream is always a lucid one without any conscious effort at control, it's just "there" like being awake. The one where I've had to make a conscious effort at controlling the dreamscape are the more satisfying ones though, IOWs, I have control over people who are difficult to deal with in waking life.

Location hidden

#623295 May 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk tsk, nano.
Shut it, Flipper.

Location hidden

#623296 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not dare to compare the struggle of black Americans to that of gays.
It's repulsive, ignorant and racist.
Lol. Typical. I will grant you, blacks have had it worse than gays overall in this country when you take into account slavery and the reconstruction era south, but the two situations are comparable. Both segments of the population are historically marginalized peoples, and both have had to overcome bigotry and prejudice in their fight for equal rights.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623297 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine why, although when I dream I'm a cartoon character in a cartoon dream the dream is always a lucid one without any conscious effort at control, it's just "there" like being awake. The one where I've had to make a conscious effort at controlling the dreamscape are the more satisfying ones though, IOWs, I have control over people who are difficult to deal with in waking life.
You're a cartoon character in my waking life.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623298 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine why, although when I dream I'm a cartoon character in a cartoon dream the dream is always a lucid one without any conscious effort at control, it's just "there" like being awake. The one where I've had to make a conscious effort at controlling the dreamscape are the more satisfying ones though, IOWs, I have control over people who are difficult to deal with in waking life.
Now you are saying that cartoons are real life. roflmao You deluded people are so funny.

Location hidden

#623299 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no pecker?
It's retractable. Like ken dolls. Not many people know about ken's secret.

Location hidden

#623300 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. Even if they were raised in a completely accepting, loving family, they still wouldn't turn out to be gay, because there is no way they could avoid the message of society at large: being gay is wrong. If people really could choose their sexual orientation, no one would choose the one that leads to them getting hated and discriminated against.
I have known plenty of kids who chose to "be" whatever they thought would piss their parents off the most, goth, gay, shoplifter, whatever. "Shock value" is like an aphrodisiac to many teens so stop pretending that nobody would choose to act in a way that brings ridicule down on their heads. Your arguments have no basis in reality.

Location hidden

#623301 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are saying that cartoons are real life. roflmao You deluded people are so funny.
The subject was "lucid dreams" tardwad.

Location hidden

#623302 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Gay propaganda? What is gay propaganda? Teaching kids about the significance of the gay rights movement and the individual contributions of gay individuals is "gay propaganda?"
To kindergartners? Give it up, fluffy.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623303 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I have known plenty of kids who chose to "be" whatever they thought would piss their parents off the most, goth, gay, shoplifter, whatever. "Shock value" is like an aphrodisiac to many teens so stop pretending that nobody would choose to act in a way that brings ridicule down on their heads. Your arguments have no basis in reality.
Aw, you cannot counter with facts so you just use your fallacies. How cute, when you bunch up your nose in frustration.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623304 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The subject was "lucid dreams" tardwad.
Cartoon and lucid dream is a contradiction in terms. Cartoons, by definition, cannot be real.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623305 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's retractable. Like ken dolls. Not many people know about ken's secret.
What gets me, why do they think that a gay man would marry someone like Barbie?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#623306 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>To kindergartners? Give it up, fluffy.
Interesting, so you don't think we should teach kids anything.

Location hidden

#623307 May 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Um you can't say gay or straight without a sexual implication.
I'm just saying I think first graders aren't ready to be taught this concept at all. When you say gay to a six year old you will then have to explain what it is.
Your buddies judged you nuts, spam and clueless.

xD

Location hidden

#623308 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cartoon and lucid dream is a contradiction in terms. Cartoons, by definition, cannot be real.
No, it's not, fauxkitty. I've had toon dreams that I didn't have control of the other characters but have had others where I did have control of how the dreamscape unfolded, of how the plot played out. FYI, everybody has a different perception of reality and different levels of consciousness than every other person. I've known people who have claimed that they have never had dreams while sleeping. They, obviously, experience a different kind of consciousness while asleep than people who do dream or remember what happened in their REM dream state.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#623309 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And the beautiful thing is, the number of those that believe in God is rising every day.
yes...that is a beautiful thing!

Location hidden

#623310 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't become gay.
You are or you are not gay.
It's as simple as that.
I don't understand the confusion.
Nobody is born gay, not even you.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#623311 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say I know that it "turns off" for sure, in fact I previously said that I can't actually know that for sure - but that doesn't mean anything. I can't know a lot of things for sure. I can't know for sure that I'm not a brain in a vat, but that doesn't mean that I am. Our sense of being seems to turn off while we sleep, and since I don't have any reason to believe otherwise, I don't.
Well, if our sense of being "pops in" when an "event (dream) takes place," why aren't we lucid in every single dream that we have? If our sense of being is simply lurking somewhere in the background while we sleep, then shouldn't we enter every dream with our complete self intact?
Have you never heard of or experienced lucid dreaming?
I do this quite a bit, it's a semi controlled dream state, just on the edge of consciousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 40,884
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 4 min Burke Devlin 3
Poll He's not a man he's a mama's little baby boy 19 min Poll of the Day 0
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Tony17 599,782
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,477
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,306
Hard Reset Sony ST27i Xperia Go 2 hr hafacs 1
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr HipGnosis 2,008
White Lives MATTER 5 hr Burke Devlin 113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web