It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you want to dictate to people how they should interpret god IS you using your god as a weapon against others.
Your tone implies that "MY way of interpretation is the ONLY way, the RIGHT way. YOU are WRONG and will DIE AND GO TO HELL because GOD told ME so."
Your little "sweet" act isn't fooling me one bit.
So you can cut out the phoniness now, I'm not impressed.
These are not assumptions, your posts are clear evidence of your scheme. I'm pointing out what you are doing: trying to convert people to your "god" in a passive-aggressive way.
Ah you think I'm sweet...but think it's an act? stop being so hateful Shark...it's not an act. I don't want to hurt you and certainly don't wish anything bad for you. I don't go about trying to impress either, so it den't bother me that you're not. It does bother me that you've decided I'm this monster...just because you see there's that way. I'm not.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's my point, isn't it?
If somebody did something noteworthy in history, what the f*ck difference does it make what that person's sexual preference is?
How come junior high or high school history classes don't go into detail about how straight George Washington or Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King were?
Answer: It's not important.
And it shouldn't be taught to kids.
Yep, thank g-d Carradine wasn't a flaming, gay politician...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story...

...or they would be telling the little ones that he should be someone to be proud to emulate too.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
Well if God isn't real...I can't imagine that should bother you. On the other hand, if God is real, then according to the bible...not some twisted picture of the story, God doesn't send anyone to hell. He gives people a choice. Kind of like if you told me, you have two roads, stay to the right and you'll be safe, but if you go to the left, you'll drive into hot lava. if I'm driving and make a choice to go left...is that your fault? Did you kill me if I drive into the lava?
Your analogy is not very good. Let's say instead of a lava flow, you're warning me of a fire breathing dragon. We know about lava flows, we don't know about fire breathing dragons. I would not believe you, if I needed to go left for some reason, and it would not be my fault for being skeptical. In fact, if you put that dragon there, it was 100% your fault.

God created Hell for the express purpose of torturing souls for an eternity, according to the myth.

The myth writers would have been better off writing about a god with better ethics, but they didn't know any better.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are a disgusting person, being on the side of scum like NoBrains.
You are another feathered rat on the team for human self-extinction.
You religionists will side with any old piece of garbage as long as they agree with your sicko agenda of your crack-pipe dream to rid the world of all non-Christians.
You will even instigate an "armageddon" (code for human self-extinction) to attempt for this to take place.
Your attempt will fail and the result will be that the human race will have wiped out its own future - because of YOUR STUPID BULLSH!T. An all-Christian world is impossible. Your sicko "vision" WILL KILL US!
It is so sickening that you are so blind to this. Don't you give ANY sh!t at all to mankind? The innocent children you will be killing (and you all want to cry about abortion, but SOL to the kids that are already here)? Your doctrine has blinded you so much that YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU WIPE OUT OUR ENTIRE FUTURE.
SICK bastards you are!
SICK-O.
SMMFH.
That's it...just get rd of all that hate...eventually you'll feel better
What does smmfh mean?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He.
Hey Catch! are you reading this stuff? Turns out...I'm a murderous monster! Reckon that's true?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is not very good. Let's say instead of a lava flow, you're warning me of a fire breathing dragon. We know about lava flows, we don't know about fire breathing dragons. I would not believe you, if I needed to go left for some reason, and it would not be my fault for being skeptical. In fact, if you put that dragon there, it was 100% your fault.
God created Hell for the express purpose of torturing souls for an eternity, according to the myth.
The myth writers would have been better off writing about a god with better ethics, but they didn't know any better.
Yeah it was a bad analogy...I was watching tv (Dante's Pek) and writing at the same time. It made perfect sense at the time :)

He's God...HIs creation...His rules.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point.
Again.
Shocking!
Why does it matter what a person's sexual preference is in a child's school history class?
I think we both know exactly why it's so important to them to add, "Oh, by the way, he/she was also gay!", to historical figures' list of "accomplishments". They are promoting gay sex. Seriously, WTF is up with, "Yeah, he invented the blimp and, BTW, he loved to get fisted on every other legal holiday."? A kid shouldn't have to muse over some historical figure's sexual "idiosyncrasies".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
Ah you think I'm sweet...but think it's an act? stop being so hateful Shark...it's not an act. I don't want to hurt you and certainly don't wish anything bad for you. I don't go about trying to impress either, so it den't bother me that you're not. It does bother me that you've decided I'm this monster...just because you see there's that way. I'm not.
Is Sharkey being mean to you?

I consider it an "equal and opposite reaction" type of thing. I see it all the time.

American Christians are lucky that most of us offer more consideration than what has been earned by religion.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Are you serious? A gay day?
How far can we sink.....
That is the objective...to encourage depravity. Example: gay parades.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point.
Again.
Shocking!
Why does it matter what a person's sexual preference is in a child's school history class?
Because it's important to them to make little kids consider homosexuality as an attractive, alternative choice versus heterosexuality. Every predator knows that it's important to "sexualize" 'em as young as possible to get the results they desire.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

LawandOrder_ wrote:
<quoted text>You mean we can shoot anything that is or was in the closet? Can we start with you?
Yeah, there was a time I pretended to be gay, and a time I pretended to be straight too, ironically. I didn't know that there was a reason for not liking sexual activity. So ... when do you come out?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's important to them to make little kids consider homosexuality as an attractive, alternative choice versus heterosexuality. Every predator knows that it's important to "sexualize" 'em as young as possible to get the results they desire.
That explains why every time someone mentions sex you think of children.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Sharkey being mean to you?
I consider it an "equal and opposite reaction" type of thing. I see it all the time.
American Christians are lucky that most of us offer more consideration than what has been earned by religion.
Equal and opposite reaction? So you think it's justified to be mean to someone because of what other people do? As an American Christian, I've done no harm to anyone...I cried for a good twenty minutes over accidentally running over a chipmunk. I wouldn't purposely hurt a flea...much less a human being, yet you think I personally deserve to be hated? for what? On what grounds?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
Yeah it was a bad analogy...I was watching tv (Dante's Pek) and writing at the same time. It made perfect sense at the time :)
I like that movie. Disaster movies, if done right, offer a lot of life lessons.
Truth signed in wrote:
He's God...HIs creation...His rules.
Even if God was real, I'd still think him to be an unethical monster. I wouldn't worship such a being. If eternal existence is the rule, and Heaven and Hell are the choices, I don't much care. It would be a tortured existence for me either way.

Luckily, it takes about 2 seconds to evaluate the God claim of the Bible. No evidence? Okay, no belief. There are a bunch of qualitatively equal god claims out there. If I was going to pick one, I'd pick the one that I thought would improve my quality of life by following. Christianity would not be my choice.

The choice that I made was to build my own philosophy using only ideas that seemed to be good ones, regardless of where they came from.

I'll just ask you this. Wouldn't "God" be a better Him if he didn't torture any souls? The Hell idea is gratuitous punishment that serves no beneficial purpose. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God rescues people from Hell after serving their appropriate time. Everyone gets an eternity, which is ALWAYS more than deserved.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Beliefs can lead to actions.
The Christians have a belief that everyone who is not Christian should die.
Their actions of exclusivism, spreading outright lies and propaganda, and manipulating the human mind to hate other humans for the bullsh!t reason for not being Christian, which is causing the human race to be in conflict with itself, which will lead to self-extinction.
Yer stupid. EVERYONE dies.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You want to rid the world of all non-Christians. Some of those people will have to die instead of being converted.
You wish hell on people that don't convert, so don't sit here and commit the sin of lying.
You're on the road to that hell yourself right now with all the lies you're telling.
YOU are the one that is hateful for wanting the whole world to be Christian, for wanting to eliminate all non-Christians. Your god is the monster and you are his accomplices in the mass murder-suicide of the entire human race, known as "Armageddon" or the cold hard fact of human self-extinction.
Religious wars are one perfect tool in the human self-extinction mechanism we seem to have.
I don't wish hell on anyone...unfortunately,, though, it appears many of you suffer your own personal hell. Living with the kind of hatred you have toward others...That must be the epitome of hell. You should really try to find something or someone to help you get rid of all that resentment. It's really not healthy for you.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>With the state the world is in today, our "beliefs" are going to be what brings us to self-extinction.
With technology, opposing ideas clash more easily and more violently with bigger weapons that can kill more people faster.
All the world's religions want to eliminate each other, and now they have the weapons to do so which will kill us all and then our beliefs won't matter anymore - because we'll all be dead anyway.
Don't look at beliefs so favorably - they are KILLING OUR SPECIES by ITS OWN HAND!
Beliefs are the weapons of human self-extinction. We'll argue each other to death.
Religion has been around since the dawn of mankind...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/how-we-do...

...and it's not what is causing the decline of the species, you moron.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that movie. Disaster movies, if done right, offer a lot of life lessons.
<quoted text>
Even if God was real, I'd still think him to be an unethical monster. I wouldn't worship such a being. If eternal existence is the rule, and Heaven and Hell are the choices, I don't much care. It would be a tortured existence for me either way.
Luckily, it takes about 2 seconds to evaluate the God claim of the Bible. No evidence? Okay, no belief. There are a bunch of qualitatively equal god claims out there. If I was going to pick one, I'd pick the one that I thought would improve my quality of life by following. Christianity would not be my choice.
The choice that I made was to build my own philosophy using only ideas that seemed to be good ones, regardless of where they came from.
I'll just ask you this. Wouldn't "God" be a better Him if he didn't torture any souls? The Hell idea is gratuitous punishment that serves no beneficial purpose. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God rescues people from Hell after serving their appropriate time. Everyone gets an eternity, which is ALWAYS more than deserved.
Yeah, it's a pretty good movie...

I guess it's all in how you look at. Honestly, I think it's basically futile to try and place myself on the same playing field as God. I'm quite sure attempting to discipline a universe as opposed to two children is quite incomparable. And I'll have to say, viewing it that light, is the only way I can make sense of it, For me, I simply love the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
Equal and opposite reaction? So you think it's justified to be mean to someone because of what other people do?
No, not at all, but that's what makes it an equal and opposite reaction.

I've seen several atheists who use methods they picked up from theists. So far, I haven't seen enough data to determine if this is beneficial to my own agendas or not. Currently, I would have to say that I am opposed to it. I can't see that it does much good right now. It definitely hurts some people.
Truth signed in wrote:
As an American Christian, I've done no harm to anyone...I cried for a good twenty minutes over accidentally running over a chipmunk.
I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that you personally deserved the "treatment".

I could make the argument about moderate Christians acting as a shield and enabler for extremists, but that argument doesn't really address responsibility in the way it would need to in order to support a position that you personally deserve to be treated in the same way as extremists.
Truth signed in wrote:
I wouldn't purposely hurt a flea...much less a human being, yet you think I personally deserve to be hated? for what? On what grounds?
You don't deserve to be hated.

You deserve a hug and a handshake.

You're still going to see Christianity being raked over the coals, and I think that's justified.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Not suprised, how many head do you have? Oh you're anatomically correct and fully functional alright, lol.
At least three...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus" ;...

...that need leashes and one that should be muzzled.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 591,361 - 591,380 of719,926
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

383 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 223,988
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Naveen kumar 4,449
Tony Dungy was right 17 min USN Atheist 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Porkpie Hat 256,344
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Epiphany2 599,030
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min sameer 390
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 44 min mamma-san 221,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess 532,265
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••