Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#623329 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm a Christian, but I'm not blind or ignorant to the fact that Christians...or at least people who use the term quite loosely to describe themselves, have indeed destroyed the world view of Christianity as a whole. By all means, I don't think myself the perfect example of what Jesus Christ teaches we should be, but I make an honest effort. Those who get on here, and even those who don't, who speak with malice and hatred toward those who don't believe...they are in direct opposition to what is taught in the bible...and they pretty much deserve to be raked over the coals. I don't mind being made fun of for my belief...I expect that. It does bother me, though, when I'm stereotyped and lumped in with those who are hypocritical...because I make every effort not to be like them. I hope you'll give me the chance to prove I'm not like that.:)
if you believe there is a hell for unbelievers

then

you are "like that"

when you say you like the "lessons" of the jesus, do you mean jesus? or do you mean paul?

Jesus was a homosexual who taught love.
Paul was a homophobe who taught hate.

Location hidden

#623330 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nearly impossible to respect your cry for peace when you're the biggest duck in the puddle spewing hatred toward others. You really should make an effort to get along with others...or just hush...I mean seriously dude...be the change you'd like to see.
there will be no end to war(s)

unless first

there is an end to religion

Location hidden

#623331 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but that isn't the way it is at all. If you're nonchalantly driving down the left fork and someone stops you and says..."there's lava ahead, please turn around, and you ignore...then how can you blame anyone but you?
on what evidence does the stranger assert the road turns to lava?

Location hidden

#623332 May 12, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>It wouldn't surprise me but who knows for sure? Tim is also probably 'Hiding', but what's in a name? Whether one hypocrite posts 100 posts under one name or 50 posts under one name and 50 under another, the balance of nature still remains the same. IOW no matter how many names they use, the level of 'double standard' in the world remains the same. Something like that anyway.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, we are all hiding. You got us. We've already been over this.
anyone that paranoid is most likely a religitard

Location hidden

#623333 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I've ever said that. But, yes, you have repeatedly personally attacked me. Perhaps your anger is at Christians in general, but you have personally attacked me. it's okay though...I forgive you...but you really should get to know someone before making assumptions. Just sayin...
:)
you call yourself "truth signed in"

what more do I need to know about you?

Location hidden

#623334 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I do no such thing. I don't promote a cult, I promote God, not people.
christianity is a failed moral system, and a philosophy of hate.

Location hidden

#623335 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I do no such thing. I don't promote a cult, I promote God, not people.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God needs promoting?
you cannot understand the god unless you first believe!

the almighty god of the universe requires undereducated mouth breathers, to promote hisself.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623336 May 12, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Children imitate things they like, characters they are fond of, son. If a boy wants to imitate a female character, it is because he is feminized and likes things that girls would like. Stop pretending that a boy who plays with a Barbie is simply "being himself". Kids at school victimize them and see them as misfits, so why can't you?
Toys are socialized. Children have no natural preference for "girl" toys or "boy" toys until they are 4 or 5.

Location hidden

#623337 May 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you're right. Kids do imitate what they see and adults sometimes dictate in kids the behaviors that are acceptable for each gender. As far as the insults go, I don't insult anyone without provocation. If I decide to post, it would most likely be a question that invokes an answer from anyone with insight but the responders have slick asshole-type comments as they avoid the question which in turn may take me out of my element for a bit. No offense to anyone who didn't offend me.
So are we done with the evolution/2nd law nonsense?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623338 May 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Toys are socialized. Children have no natural preference for "girl" toys or "boy" toys until they are 4 or 5.
I like shiny things.

Location hidden

#623339 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but that isn't the way it is at all. If you're nonchalantly driving down the left fork and someone stops you and says..."there's lava ahead, please turn around, and you ignore...then how can you blame anyone but you?
That is not the situation we find ourselves in. I tried to turn your lava analogy into something more appropriate, but really, it's just not a good analogy in the first place. We are not dealing with a simple forked road. We are dealing with questions of life and death - there are no definitive answers either way, and absolutely no reason for me to listen to any polite suggestions as to which god I should worship. There is simply no evidence, at all, that your god exists, and the christian tactic of trying to instill the fear of hell in non-believers doesn't work on me. There is no reason for me to believe in the "lava pit," and what "evidence" you do have is the same evidence claimed by the followers of every other religion out there.

And if I were to worship any god, you can be sure it wouldn't be the god of the bible - that book is absurd, and describes a being I wouldn't even want to speak to, let alone be judged by.

Location hidden

#623340 May 12, 2013
LawandOrder_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, Sir, just you and a few others. Don't worry, it would be odd to think that Happy Lesbo could have 100 socks and you not have at least 10.
Try this when you post ".......hi.......bye..... "
Everyone is hiding. HL is hiding. Literally everyone who disagrees with the creationists is hiding. It's so obvious, I can't believe you guys didn't catch it earlier.

Location hidden

#623341 May 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote;
If the Bible tells me that God Himself can down to earth and scrambled human language in about 2,000 BC to 2,200 BC (Christian dating, not mine) and I happen to KNOW that the earth was completely covered (except Antarctica) with humans by 15,000 BC The data is there for all to find on the interwebs.
Hmm, well i would like to see the source you speak of, that "you KNOW" there was humans all over the world at that time...
And how is it that you "know" that for an absolute fact?
Besides all that, what is your point on the dating part? What exactly are you saying?
Unless everything we know about modern science is wrong, there were humans 200k years ago. What do you want, a video recording? Why do you demand absolute facts from us, but you refuse to apply the same standards of evidence to your own beliefs?

Location hidden

#623342 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No...you're not abusive. I don't recall saying you were.
Nano said that I was, and you said "that about sums them up." But if you weren't speaking specifically about me, then nvm sorry about that.

Location hidden

#623343 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I've ever said that. But, yes, you have repeatedly personally attacked me. Perhaps your anger is at Christians in general, but you have personally attacked me. it's okay though...I forgive you...but you really should get to know someone before making assumptions. Just sayin...
:)
So you don't believe that non believers will rot in hell? Even if you've never said it, you are a christian, and it is therefore a safe assumption.

So, you literally just said I wasn't abusive, but now I have personally attacked you? When? In what way? What do you consider a personal attack? I have no idea how you could consider any of my posts to you a "personal attack." I may have attacked your ideas, and been dismissive about some of the more blatant misconceptions you have about evolution, but that doesn't constitute a personal attack.

Location hidden

#623344 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If you told me that...it wouldn't affect me in the least. It's amazing though, that men from thousands of years ago wrote books that were later compiled together and those transcripts, tell us, that we will.
No, it's not. Plenty of religions have their own little versions of punishment for the infidels. Yours is not unique in that respect, and if anything, it is a mark against your belief. That you can simultaneously believe in a god of love and a god of eternal judgement is beyond me.

Location hidden

#623345 May 12, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't make them just from a human point of view. We aren't God or gods. I don't place my understanding on the same level of God.
There is no "human point of view" of logic. Our minds are required to understand it, but logic is a standalone entity. Mercy and love are not logically compatible with eternal torture. There's no way around it. You can't "mysterious ways" your way out of this one.

Location hidden

#623346 May 12, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote;
God created Hell for the express purpose of torturing souls for an eternity, according to the myth.
To which i pointed out was a lie, which is typicl of all Atheist and unbelievers who hate God. They love to twist words and form their on conclusion and misintrepretation of God and the Bible.
That being said here is the perfect example,
Your words:
"original plan" suggests that you don't believe God is all knowing.
Projecting lies once again..
Sorry but it's hard to talk or have a disussion with dishonest people like yourself..
Cognitive dissonance making you a bit uncomfotable? He was making a valid point - the notion of an "original plan" makes no sense when we are dealing with an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent deity.*Everything* that happens, by definition, is part of his "original plan." There is no such thing as an unforeseen occurrence with a being of this power.

Location hidden

#623347 May 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>BS! I've seen where your buddies here admitted to the popular activity of "flipping" a hetero into having gay sex. I beleive it was Happy Lesbo who called it flipping. I've seen comments of full-on Topix buttpirates here saying that they didn't like being with obviously gay men anywhere as much as they enjoyed getting a self-proclaimed straight man to consent to sex with them. I suppose it's about corrupting them, pulling away the facade of normalcy from their lives. Scum hate the thought that anyone else might be above their own level of depravity.
I suspect you've spent way too much time with those type of people, KittenKoder. Prolly your gay daddy.
Kinda like how some guys like deflowering virgins. The desire to taste the forbidden fruit is not limited to gay people.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623348 May 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Toys are socialized. Children have no natural preference for "girl" toys or "boy" toys until they are 4 or 5.
Even then, the preference is not for "boy" or "girl" but merely types of toys, which are socially designated "boy" or "girl" types. The children only know the difference because they are told they are different. If they are not told they are different, they show no clear preference based on the arbitrary lines.

GI Joe is just a Ken doll, with fatigues, after all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min LAWEST100 653,805
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Catcher1 63,596
music lovers 10 min Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 281,846
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 28 min Blondie 25
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,482
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,570
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 618,731
More from around the web