|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot thermopane windows.
Yes! Christians love them some pareidolia.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW- if you don't care about what I have to say, why are you even READING my posts- let alone RESPONDING to them?
Why do you- and so many like you- LIE for your Jesus?
Well, ohhh bright one its like this... You posted to me, and unlike YOU i respond to a poster when they ask a question ,or have something to say,,(which would be you,)...And dont flatter yourself, i SCROLL past your foolish postings, which btw is ALOT........

I will kindly show you how much i care about what you have to say or even respond to ur post,
read this carefuly >>> tchau <...> Bye bye..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
What was that singe celled animal?
How was it studied?
What is it called?
When did it emerge?
Most importantly - HOW did it become a life?
<quoted text>
There was only one question about abiogenesis, not questionS...
All good questions, and all unknown.
So your fantasy , is about as good as the evolutionary biologists.
Except for the facts and evolutionary biology parts.
Other than that , you are right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Your morals come from the Bible? My condolences. That book is one big stinking mess of mayhem.
No, silly..... My God giving morals, came from my God giving conscience and awareness to distinguish right from wrong, good and Evil, along with my God giving right to apply my God giving morals to Gods wonderful giving grace and way of life...

Keep your sympothy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The point, you apocalyptic idiot, is that it doesn't matter how hard you believe anything!
Absent evidence, it's delusion!
It's hard to be humble among u guys and gals...

As frustrating as it is, ive said this many times soooooooooooo once more for you okie dokie artie chokie.......

I have my evidence, i have all i need.. I am terribly sorry it piss's you off that i am confident enough to say that....

ITS "your" delusion macumazahn, not mine....

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Notice I said "maybe." I don't know if you are intentionally vague or intentionally absurd.
And no, I never said we should "skip that part." I only said that it is unreasonable to demand that I show how consciousness can come from unconsciousness to even suggest that the brain makes thought. As of now, in the absence of any sort evidence for "quantum woo," eternal consciousness, or an afterlife, the only option we have is that consciousness came from unconsciousness.
It is not unreasonable to have to know something about how consciousness can come from unconsciousness in order to assume something about what causes consciousness. We have nothing.

There is no evidence that unconscious molecules can ever become aware of themselves so what I'm saying is your belief and mine are on level ground. Your belief is not more probable than mine.

You can be convinced that yours is more probable but science cannot back you up. That's the whole point here. But of course you refuse to admit that obvious truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the god that changed the "laws?" Then, you admit, they are subjective.
Huh? Did you ask me a question, and are you expecting an answer?

Surely not.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it is you who agrees with Ted Bundy.
Hogwash, my morals are NOTHING like that demons was, and what that sick man done was pure Evil....
He became a Born Again Christian in the slammer. His slate was wiped clean. He's flawed but forgiven.
So he says, and thats all we have to go on. If he repented, then i am sure i will see em...
He gets to wash the feet of Jesus right next to you, for eternity, while your 'soul body' has to wonder in fear of a relapse, a fall, a free will dose, you know, just like Biblesatan.
Biblesatan wasn't compelled by the story, even with first hand knowledge. Even Biblesatan knew Biblegod as an immoral, amoral fool.
As for the rest of this foolish gabber, looks like you are clueless about Salvation/God's Grace....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> You're missing the point. If a man without a hippocampus has a sense of being even in the absence of the ability to form long term memories, then I see no reason why we shouldn't have a sense of being while sleeping (if being is eternal), especially considering we *do* have the ability to form long term memories. What I'm saying is: not having a hippocampus clearly does not "shut off" our sense of being, so your claim that we simply "can't remember" our sense of being is fallacious, since we do have the ability to record memories during sleep. There's no reason why we shouldn't remember our nights and be lucid in every dream, unless we are in fact unconscious. Stop it with that "event" crap. Why should our sense of being only be active when an "event" happens? And if this is true, and a dream is an "event," then why is our sense of being so garbled and sometimes not even present during dreams?
No,*you* are not making any sense, or *you* are not understanding *me*. You state that in the absence of a hippocampus we still have a sense of being. That supports my belief. What does that have to do with memory? If a person without a hippocampus 'sleeps without dreaming' they too will have no memory of "being". If a person with a hippocampus 'sleeps without dreaming' they will have no memory of "being" either. So how does this help you?

Even if a person with a functioning hippocampus is awake they still can't remember their sense of being because as I've explained, it is not an event, and for another reason that I'll explain.

Take a moment, try to close out your senses. No tasting, no feeling (except for your @$$ against the chair, but that is a "given" so we will have to ignore that; pretend you are in a dark zero-g chamber), no sight, no sound, no smell. OK, the one thing you cannot close out is your sense of being. You sense that you are "there" or "alive".

You are familiar with that sense of being but it doesn't form a memory because it is not an event. You know you were awake a minute ago but you can't remember your exact specific 'sense of being' from a minute ago because, just as electrons behave the same under the same conditions, the sense of being is exactly the same no matter in what instant of time you are sensing your being.

Get it? The sense of being never changes. You may feel old but your sense of being never ages, your sense of being still feels like it always did.

Your recording device is on when awake but you still can't remember your sense of being because it is always exactly the same.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

IMO, the sense of being is unaltered even if someone drops an anvil on their toe. Sure you are in intense pain and you probably cannot concentrate on your sense of being. But if you could block out the pain (and I'm sure there are people (monks?) that can), then you would still feel your sense of being. I myself am in pain most of the time and sometimes it can get intense. but I have gotten good at blocking it out. Matter fact sometimes the more pain I'm in the more I can separate my sense of being from my "body". Another way of saying that is that I can separate myself from my body.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

X marks the spot. Thanks for the attention. If you guys would at least admit the obvious truths then you might earn a little more respect around here. Yea, we don't have to know anything about how molecules became aware of themselves in order to assume they did. And you guys give Intelligent Design people a hard time? Hey I give them a hard time too if they ask for too much, because I agree it cannot be a theory, but you guys are just as bad as they are, in an opposing direction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Apologists have a need to believe in god, and this need informs their opinion on the science. If you can find me work by actual scientists, those working without a preconceived agenda, then that's another story. Their religious belief is irrelevant until they allow it to interfere with their ability to be objective."
Snipped from one of my posts. I even left in the context so you can't accuse me of quote mining. Do I need to find more posts where I echo a similar sentiment (that religious belief is not important until it interferes with objectivity) or do you accept that I clearly have no issue with religious scientists, only with "scientists" who allow their religion to inform their science?
Im sorry, but lady you have to be the most foolish hypocrit thats EVER been on topix...... Double standard, and many other things i could think of......

How can you NOW say this, ohh never mind too late u done did....

Do you want me to find THE post of yours where you PLAINLY stated that,,

"science REMOVES >>>> bias <<<<<< and human errors"""?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If a scientist uses the scientific method and has data to substantiate it, it doesn't matter what they believe. science is science and they are still a scientist. Who are you to say their faith informed their science? You won't even be objective and read the data...no...you immediately assume it's biased. what that tells me is one of two things...you're either prejudice or shallow. maybe both... Pick one.
I pick "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc etc..........Z

Just saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

How can you remember your sense of being from a minute ago when it is no different from your sense of being that you are feeling now?

If you inhale *exactly* the same way 60 times, and *all* other variables are *exactly* the same, you can't tell one from the other; you can only differentiate them by chronology. You know you inhaled 60 times but that's all.

Just like you know you existed for the last 60 seconds, but not because you can differentiate one integral slice of time from another (unless some other variable changes).

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, not technically.

But when atheists advocate a Santa display while at the same time denigrate a Manger display, I see that as biased and somewhat symbolizing atheism.

Or how atheists bitch n whine about prayer in school then turn around and throw a St Patrick's Day party (leprechauns and all), that's more symbolism and bias.
Atheists throw St. Patrick's day parties?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What is our 'common ancestor'?

The theory of evolution hinges on the idea that all life came from one life. What life is that?

Since that question has never been answered, how could it be taught in a basic biology class?

Oh, that's right. I'm being childish and ignorant and I should just "believe" in evolution like you do.

Yes of course. But my line of questioning is about the supposed common ancestor we all share.

Of which Koder claimed is a simple biology class but has yet to definitively answer.
Nobody has that answer.

Not even you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Any scientific data...if an expert scientist uses the scientific method for any research...it doesn't matter what their personal beliefs are...they are still scientists.
So then why do creationist "scientists" not use the scientific method?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But the medical fields would collapse if evolution weren't true.
Im not sure if i follow you, but what does "evolution of man from one ancestor" have to do with medicine, if thats what ur implying? And why does it have to be true??? I get the concept and agree, of Evolving diseases, and new strings of flu etc etc appearing, but again why are you saying it would collapse if evolution weren't true?
Since you approve of medical science in general, ask any doctor if they "believe" in evolution.
Let me know if you find one that doesn't.
Ill ask around... but first you will need to clarify what you mean by Evolution, in general or just the concept of diseases evolving..

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Did you ask me a question, and are you expecting an answer?
Surely not.......
You cannot answer, because if you say that the laws are not subjective, you prove you are a liar or that the bible is. If you say that laws are objective, you still prove that the bible is wrong. Either way, you cannot answer without exposing a lie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks fake to me.
My thoughts too, said it was caught in South America. The artical in portugese said it was a mutation from a pestiside.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 256,978
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Patrick 224,641
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 533,573
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min golti 4,924
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 25 min Ed Teach 15
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min RiccardoFire 93,840
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr KIpetesayKEGOut 115,619
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 12 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••