|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
What was that singe celled animal?
How was it studied?
What is it called?
When did it emerge?
Most importantly - HOW did it become a life?
<quoted text>
There was only one question about abiogenesis, not questionS...
Therefore, jesus.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.... Ok.
So your responses about God not being real is just you masking your religious tendencies, right?
Those two things are not analogous. You are guilty of an equivocation fallacy. Studies have shown that the more virulent the anti-homosexual, the more likely the individual is repressing strong homosexual feelings. No such studies exist for beliefs. Sexual desires and beliefs are not analogous. Nice try, though.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, 24-7. You sick twits can't wait to force your immoral stories on children. Genocide! Yes!
http://www.christianbook.com/bible-pop-up-adv...
So you think God is a piece of cardboard popping out of a book?

Dude....

Ok here, lets teach little baby kids about mom & mom. Because you think it's healthy and natural...

http://www.amazon.com/Mom-Mum-are-Getting-Mar...

"This is a wonderful book that teaches young kids the alphabet while incorporating gay and lesbian tendencies."

WTF?
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... Ok.
So all your responses about God not being real is just Godophobia and therefore proves irrational fear borne of ignorance.
Neato.
Once again, beliefs and desires are not analogous. You are smart enough to know this but duplicitous enough to pretend not to.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for proving that presuppositional apologetics are not science.
I didn't prove anything....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If a scientist uses the scientific method and has data to substantiate it, it doesn't matter what they believe. science is science and they are still a scientist. Who are you to say their faith informed their science? You won't even be objective and read the data...no...you immediately assume it's biased. what that tells me is one of two things...you're either prejudice or shallow. maybe both... Pick one.
Oh my goodness. For the fiftieth time, yes, I agree, their faith does not matter *until they allow it to matter.* Yes, if they follow the scientific method, their faith is not important. That's the point - apologists do not follow the scientific method. They start with a conclusion first. That's not how it's done. If their conclusion is "goddidit" and they search for evidence to support this claim while ignoring contradictory evidence, their faith informed their science, and they are not scientists.

Again, would you value the "research" of a devout muslim regarding the divinity of jesus? Would it mean anything to you, no matter how well he "followed" the scientific method? His research doesn't matter if it is in service of a foregone conclusion. Same with "creation scientists."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:

So, you hold onto religion as an excuse to hate your fellow humans and.....{{{SCREEEEEECH!!!!}}}
I hate no one.

Try again.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I'd like to see where you said that...I truly don't recall that at all.
Above. There's more, if necessary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Whatever you say.
No, we don't do it "because we aren't searching for god." Does our money say "in dracula we trust" or "in god we trust?"
In God We (Christians) Trust.

Don't like it? Don't use cash.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it is weird how you think your personal revelation is better than the personal revelation of a man who believes in poseidon.
What man is that? Lemme talk to him.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I didn't know blacks in Compton were seeking acceptance....
2. An evolutionist is a person who believes in the theories of evolution and natural selection.
www.thefreedictionary.com/evolutionist
3. Why? To see my God given beauty?
1. Of course you didn't. That really wasn't the point, though, was it?

2. Evolution has nothing to do with belief. When a word gets coined and is put into use, it begins to appear in dictionaries. Dictionaries only point to usage not veracity. The attempt of Allah Atheists (which all Christians are) to belittle science with such dismissive terms and to pretend that science is based on belief just makes Allah Atheists appear foolish.

3. Bulimics should read your posts. It would save the finger down the throat time.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Apologists have a need to believe in god, and this need informs their opinion on the science. If you can find me work by actual scientists, those working without a preconceived agenda, then that's another story. Their religious belief is irrelevant until they allow it to interfere with their ability to be objective."
Snipped from one of my posts. I even left in the context so you can't accuse me of quote mining. Do I need to find more posts where I echo a similar sentiment (that religious belief is not important until it interferes with objectivity) or do you accept that I clearly have no issue with religious scientists, only with "scientists" who allow their religion to inform their science?
It would be impossible for you or I to know if they had a preconceived agenda. I know many Christians who believe God used evolution as a means of creation. I'm not entirely against the idea myself. AGAIN...scientific data presented as the result of using the scientific method is science...regardless of what the scientist believes and regardless of whether it falls in line with what you or I believe. It may not be factual and may later be disproven..but that doesn't mean the researcher isn't a scientist. You can't make that determination...only the scientist can.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If a scientist uses the scientific method and has data to substantiate it, it doesn't matter what they believe. science is science and they are still a scientist. Who are you to say their faith informed their science? You won't even be objective and read the data...no...you immediately assume it's biased. what that tells me is one of two things...you're either prejudice or shallow. maybe both... Pick one.
The point is flying by your head. Try to catch it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>He is a stand up comedian.
The "reverse" of homosexuality is god?
No dude, the reverse *example* is.
Substituting the word god in there made it meaningless. I would have no problem talking to my kids about religion. I'm not out there campaigning to prevent you from getting married. Not saying you do that, but some of your "brothers in christ" do.
An I out there campaigning to stop a gay marriage? No.

Am I out there trying to teach your kids that God is good and atheists are evil and stupid? No.

Am I out there plastering banners on buses saying "There probably is a God"? No.

Am I out there trying to remove your atheist symbols from graveyards? No.

Am I out there telling your daughter she cannot have an abortion? No.

What the F_CK are you talking about?!??!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
I'm not out there campaigning to prevent you from getting married. Not saying you do that, but some of your "brothers in christ" do.
No, but some of your "brothers in anti Christ" are trying to remove crosses and force homosexuality down my kid's throats.

Is that any better?
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the scientific data for supernatural entities. I'll wait.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you didn't ever say regardless of their religion..till now.
Next, if they're using scientific methods, their religion can't inform their science.
Last, it's beyond clear...in reading your posts, that you have a serious prejudice against Christians doing science, otherwise, you'd be more open-minded to read the data and and at least attempt to be objective.
Quick question: What data and for what?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You must have missed it, we are all hiding, every one of us. Your buddy "Truths" is just too clever. You must give us credit, operating about a thousand dummy accounts is pretty impressive. We made up our back stories with ad libs.
I really think you're 'Hiding', not that it matters much. You act like 'Hiding', and you wrote, "OK, cool" in one of your recent responses, which I only remember seeing in a 'Hiding' post.'Hiding' has used that exact line a few times before.

That's ok, we don't know what an electron is either; we know a little about how it behaves, and that electrons are assumed to all behave equally under the same conditions, just like you guys.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate no one.
Try again.
Funny, you said that "homosexuals are forcing ..." you to "accept" them, that's nothing but a catch phrase from many hate speeches, and ignores all the facts and logic. Thus, if it's not hate, you are really stupid.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness. For the fiftieth time, yes, I agree, their faith does not matter *until they allow it to matter.* Yes, if they follow the scientific method, their faith is not important. That's the point - apologists do not follow the scientific method. They start with a conclusion first. That's not how it's done. If their conclusion is "goddidit" and they search for evidence to support this claim while ignoring contradictory evidence, their faith informed their science, and they are not scientists.
Again, would you value the "research" of a devout muslim regarding the divinity of jesus? Would it mean anything to you, no matter how well he "followed" the scientific method? His research doesn't matter if it is in service of a foregone conclusion. Same with "creation scientists."
That's your opinion! Prove they conduct their science with a conclusion at the forefront. Unless they say they did...you don't get to decide that.

On Muslims, yes, I would value their opinion. why do think I read through all this foolishness. Outside of the shallow-minded posters...I've learned a great deal. I'm very objective and welcome information from people who believe differently than I do. Only idiots refuse to hear information that doesn't support their own opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

494 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 min cowboy 402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min lisw 172,389
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min hojo 532,747
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Holy dr Shrink 599,083
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Remnant of 144000 38,449
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 28 min Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Krackerjacks 115,083
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 256,491
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••