Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623049 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny U should ask! Let me tell ya! As far as the last part goes, I'd probably not know exactly how my computer was built but I would know that it was built by Apple.
Which doesn't help you build one, does it?

Also, are you lazy or is English not your primary language, "U" is not a word.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#623050 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahahahah. Evolution "violates" entropy and the "law of biogenisis." You can't, on the one hand, come in here and say that you understand evolution, and then post crap like this. He started out instantly with the most easily debunked fallacies that apologists always try to use. Evolution has *nothing* to do with the 2nd law. And there is no "law of biogenisis."
U didn't read the full post, did U? The link didn't concern U and I knew that folks like U are too closed-minded to give time to listen. And U and other evolutionists ignore the second law of thermodynamics dealing with enthropy because it doesn't fit well with evolution theory. And whatever doesn't fit gives way to some other outstanding explanation that is only speculation but seems to fit and idiots believe it because they are told to!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623051 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
What do U mean WTF?! Isn't that what evolution states?! That one animal evolves into another for the purpose of adaptation and survival?! That fish evolved and grew lungs for air and started living on land?! For U to ignore the real questions and pick out "trying" just shows that U don't have as much faith in the theory as U think and the tactic of avoidance is all U have, oh, and Wikipedia!!
No, the reason I picked out the word "trying" is because it shows a huge misunderstanding on your part. Animals don't think "hey, I'd like to have wings," and then "try" to grow them.

And what questions did you ask?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#623052 May 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, thank g-d Carradine wasn't a flaming, gay politician...
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story...
...or they would be telling the little ones that he should be someone to be proud to emulate too.
Is this your way of saying you are a closeted admirer of Carradine?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#623053 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a good analogy for wearing shoes and being homosexual?
Enlighten me.
No, no. He mentioned the shoes but I figured it was more than just that. Most times when a boy prefers to wear a dress that he know is for girls he may be telling U something. With girls it may be as subtle as wanting to sport a boys haircut or take on the mannerisms of boys. It's harder to tell with girls because nowadays it's acceptable for girls to be as equal to boys without being defined as gay so early on.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623054 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
U didn't read the full post, did U? The link didn't concern U and I knew that folks like U are too closed-minded to give time to listen. And U and other evolutionists ignore the second law of thermodynamics dealing with enthropy because it doesn't fit well with evolution theory. And whatever doesn't fit gives way to some other outstanding explanation that is only speculation but seems to fit and idiots believe it because they are told to!
It has NOTHING to do with evolution. Let me repeat that. The 2nd law of thermodynamics has absolutely nothing at all to do with evolution. If you understood evolution, or the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you wouldn't be parroting this nonsense you read on apologist sites. That's why I don't take you seriously - you constantly commit the most basic and ridiculous errors.

And I did listen. That guy states the 2nd law as "things decrease, not improve," which is not at all what it says. It says "the entropy of a closed system never decreases," and he intentionally misrepresents it and fallaciously applies it to evolution. Earth is not a closed system, and anyways, the 2nd law applies to *energy,* not complexity. It does not preclude the formation of complex organisms, because it has *nothing* to do with them. Again, it concerns energy - it is not a "law of disorder" as some creationists term it.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#623055 May 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't become gay.
You are or you are not gay.
It's as simple as that.
I don't understand the confusion.
Maybe you have to be gay to really understand gayness?
But I see it as a choice, a or preference and some are swinging both ways.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623056 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
U didn't read the full post, did U? The link didn't concern U and I knew that folks like U are too closed-minded to give time to listen. And U and other evolutionists ignore the second law of thermodynamics dealing with enthropy because it doesn't fit well with evolution theory. And whatever doesn't fit gives way to some other outstanding explanation that is only speculation but seems to fit and idiots believe it because they are told to!
And trust me, I am not closed minded, but being open minded does not mean "humoring absurdly fallacious arguments."

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623057 May 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is.
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Law_...
But this was to counter the notion that flies sprang from nothing in dead animals, and has nothing to do with modern abiogenesis.
"Law" implies an incontrovertible rule of the universe. Yes, there is the *observation* of biogenisis, in that we have only seen life come from life, but it is not a law.

But ok, lol.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#623058 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
U didn't read the full post, did U? The link didn't concern U and I knew that folks like U are too closed-minded to give time to listen. And U and other evolutionists ignore the second law of thermodynamics dealing with enthropy because it doesn't fit well with evolution theory. And whatever doesn't fit gives way to some other outstanding explanation that is only speculation but seems to fit and idiots believe it because they are told to!
The second law evolution argument is pure garbage.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623059 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. He mentioned the shoes but I figured it was more than just that. Most times when a boy prefers to wear a dress that he know is for girls he may be telling U something. With girls it may be as subtle as wanting to sport a boys haircut or take on the mannerisms of boys. It's harder to tell with girls because nowadays it's acceptable for girls to be as equal to boys without being defined as gay so early on.
http://www.operatorchan.org/g/src/13657298111...

Skirts and all.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#623060 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It has NOTHING to do with evolution. Let me repeat that. The 2nd law of thermodynamics has absolutely nothing at all to do with evolution. If you understood evolution, or the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you wouldn't be parroting this nonsense you read on apologist sites. That's why I don't take you seriously - you constantly commit the most basic and ridiculous errors.
And I did listen. That guy states the 2nd law as i"things decrease, not improve," which is not at all what it says. It says "the entropy of a closed system never decreases," and he intentionally misrepresents it and fallaciously applies it to evolution. Earth is not a closed system, and anyways, the 2nd law applies to *energy,* not complexity. It does not preclude the formation of complex organisms, because it has *nothing* to do with them. Again, it concerns energy - it is not a "law of disorder" as some creationists term it.
Be for real!! U say stuff that U find from someone else that tries to rationalize the faults in the theory. Why do U think people die or things deteriorate, stars explode and atoms breakdown?! Complexity is no stranger to entropy, who taught U otherwise? Now go back (since U've started) and here everything else out while dwelling on your contradiction that the second law only deals with energy and not complexities, oh, which are made up of energies.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623061 May 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Be for real!! U say stuff that U find from someone else that tries to rationalize the faults in the theory. Why do U think people die or things deteriorate, stars explode and atoms breakdown?! Complexity is no stranger to entropy, who taught U otherwise? Now go back (since U've started) and here everything else out while dwelling on your contradiction that the second law only deals with energy and not complexities, oh, which are made up of energies.
Child, you need to actually learn the theory of evolution before you even try understand it.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#623062 May 11, 2013
Everyone becomes offended when people ask the real questions. Most of yall here are some characters. Claiming to have the truth, U distort it with speculations and proclaim them as truth. Not one person has humbled themselves to the realization that they may not have the entire truth. No one has acknowledged that science makes mistakes and that more is needed to be known to really know that certain alledged events are accurate. When those questions are ask these people scatter like roaches and the ones remaining treat the situation like war. Some of U need to get over yourselves for a while and have a real discussion about contradictions on both sides and then U'll see that there was a whole set of information that U're missing.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#623063 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Meaning that you don't believe in the existence of any god or gods.

And that's it.

If you have a feeling that their might be a god or gods or some kind of supreme being, you are not an atheist.

It's pretty damn simple.
I am atheist.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#623064 May 11, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure why ya havent responded,thought u may have missed it but here it is again..
**********

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But the medical fields would collapse if evolution weren't true.

P23 writes;
Im not sure if i follow you, but what does "evolution of man from one ancestor" have to do with medicine, if thats what ur implying? And why does it have to be true??? I get the concept and agree, of Evolving diseases, and new strings of flu etc etc appearing, but again why are you saying it would collapse if evolution weren't true?

You wrote;
Since you approve of medical science in general, ask any doctor if they "believe" in evolution.
Let me know if you find one that doesn't.

P23 wrote;
Ill ask around... but first you will need to clarify what you mean by Evolution, in general or just the concept of diseases evolving..
http://science.education.nih.gov/customers.ns...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#623065 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. How many damn times do we have to hear "There isn't any god!", as if its a fact?

Then we say "Yes there is!" and we get called ignorant for believing in a myth...

WTF?
How many damn times do we have to hear "god exists. That's a fact", yet you have no supporting evidence?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#623066 May 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you went to junior high and highs school, yes?

Remember learning about the people in history? Washington, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Hitler, Reagan, King George, Liberace, etc, etc?

Did you ever find out (in school) what their sexual preferences were?

No?

Imagine that.
Did you ever learn about civil rights?

Did you learn about discrimination?

Did you learn about how discrimination affected people in history?

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#623067 May 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my nephews did the same things and wore his mothers shoes around the house. He is gay so is the kid you speak of, he is just suppressing it. I would bet on it, boys and girls that behave that way are doing it for a reason. Though it may be harder to spot the Chaz in the family.
Yes doogle my son was doing it for a reason as I said, because he was imitating his idols.
However boys running around in tights pretending to be their male idols are not going to be gay, boys walking around with hammers and nails aren't going to be gay!
Children of 3 - 4 don't give a dam about colour, it's adults that tell kids stupid things like blue is for boys and pink for girls.
As we are very open in our family we would all know by now if he were gay. My son has always known he can be who he wants to be.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#623068 May 11, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>You can't understand God if you don't believe in Him and you can't pull a verse out here and a story out there and determine the characteristics of God without understanding the full context. It doesn't take an authority to figure that out. But I won't argue that with you. Neither God nor the bible are meant to be argued over. And, I won't debate the bible with someone who doesn't believe because, again, without believing you can't comprehend it. if you want to ask a question about either God or the bible, I would answer to the best of my knowledge, but I'm not an expert or an authority on either.
Your beliefs cannot stand up to scrutiny.

That's a sure sign of faulty beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Joe Fortuna 88,519
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Insults Are Easier 284,724
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 34 min gundee123 1,262
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min truth 665,601
Anyone wanna masturbate on FaceTime together (Jan '14) 2 hr Jmr 8
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,955
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 184,814
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr It aint necessari... 312
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 hr truth 696
More from around the web