Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#622884 May 10, 2013
Pokay wrote:
"tim", if you're honestly just misunderstanding me then I apologize for calling you a flake, but seriously, if after this last exchange, you still can't put it together then Cmon, I mean, really.
Here's some advice. If you aren't sure about what I said then ask, don't act like you know.
It's kind of hard to put a finger on your position when it's so vague and so full of suppositions. Based on the sum total of your posts, I got the impression that you thought the brain (hardware) was necessary for the mind to manifest itself in any meaningful way.`

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#622885 May 10, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Then you better go take your medicine, man! What are you flapping your gums at me for??
Same reason u flapping your lips at Christians...

Get a clue,and atleast act like an adult if thats possible..

Location hidden

#622886 May 10, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tim" is a (she) so, incase u havent heard just putting that out there.
I'm actually like a ken doll, just in case you haven't heard. Interested?

Location hidden

#622887 May 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I get it...really...I get it. YES...if in fact you start with a conclusion, rather than just a belief, which is different, then YES TIMN...It's possible it may be biased. But again, even if you start with a conclusion, then use scientific methods, have substantiating evidence to support it...it's still science. IT is not science when you don't have expert knowledge, don't rely solely on scientific methods, have no supporting evidence, and make conclusions based on opinion rather than fact.
No it is not. There's not getting around this. If you start with a conclusion (which, btw, forces you to search out supporting evidence and ignore confounding evidence), then you are not doing science. It is not science if you intentionally ignore anything that contradicts your pre-formed conclusion.

Location hidden

#622888 May 10, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>This must be your mea culpa of what you do.
Thanks for providing more reasons for people to STAY THE HELL out of ALL churches, halls, synagogues, temples, and mosques.
All you get is garbage from garbage.
When did you get released?

or did u break in the office of that lunatic asylum and wanted to play on the pc?

You cant be takes serious u know that right?

Location hidden

#622889 May 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point is that a conclusion and a belief are not the same. And that's quite simple as well.
Now we are playing a semantics game. Conclusion, belief... what' the difference if you are starting your "science" with rigid ideas about what *must* be the right answer?

Location hidden

#622890 May 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't understand God if you don't believe in Him and you can't pull a verse out here and a story out there and determine the characteristics of God without understanding the full context. It doesn't take an authority to figure that out. But I won't argue that with you. Neither God nor the bible are meant to be argued over. And, I won't debate the bible with someone who doesn't believe because, again, without believing you can't comprehend it. if you want to ask a question about either God or the bible, I would answer to the best of my knowledge, but I'm not an expert or an authority on either.
Fun game: replaces every instance of "god" with jim jones, and every instance of "bible" with "the words of jim jones." Also, for bonus points, replace the fragment "without believing you can't comprehend it" with "without drinking the kool aid you can't understand the majesty of jim jones."

Weird how cult logic fits so well with religious logic. Maybe religions are just cults that outgrew their rebellious teenager phase?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#622891 May 10, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you get released?
or did u break in the office of that lunatic asylum and wanted to play on the pc?
You cant be takes serious u know that right?
A lot of irony from you. You constantly show laziness, usually typing "u" without the other two letters, really lazy dude. Your grammar is regularly poor, which cannot be attributed to the occasional typo. You believe in a god without first verifying the evidence of it. You buy an entire book of myths as being facts without once even testing the veracity of the claims ....

... and you have the audacity to claim someone else is insane.

Location hidden

#622892 May 10, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...you're very confused. Neither myself nor the God I believe in want to murder anyone, and certainly not non-Christians. Where do you get that idea? And...I can't stop doing something I've never started doing. I don't want to kill for my beliefs ... What would make you assume that? My God doesn't want me to eliminate anyone...and certainly not on His behalf.
So, what do you call "sending nonbelievers to hell for eternity?" I agree, that's not murder. That's far, far worse.

Location hidden

#622893 May 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Fun game: replaces every instance of "god" with jim jones, and every instance of "bible" with "the words of jim jones." Also, for bonus points, replace the fragment "without believing you can't comprehend it" with "without drinking the kool aid you can't understand the majesty of jim jones."
Weird how cult logic fits so well with religious logic. Maybe religions are just cults that outgrew their rebellious teenager phase?
Only a distorted and demented person as yourself can actualy think that what you just wrote could possibly make any sense at all...

Only further shows your ignorance as a human, and even more so about God and the Bible..

Im really starting feel sorry for you, a decieved helpless person who is wandering around in the dark..
christianity is EVIL

Walton, Canada

#622894 May 10, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
and your actions are evil
atheist science flies you to the stars
religion flies you into buildings
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell...what evil actions have I done...don't stereotype...tell me...what I've done for you to make that accusation.
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
and your religions actions are evil
atheist science flies you to the stars
religion flies you into buildings

is that better?

Location hidden

#622895 May 10, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a distorted and demented person as yourself can actualy think that what you just wrote could possibly make any sense at all...
Only further shows your ignorance as a human, and even more so about God and the Bible..
Im really starting feel sorry for you, a decieved helpless person who is wandering around in the dark..
Awww.. twanks fer da simpafy!!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#622896 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter, everyone is Hiding.:P We just have teleportation technology.
Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity, chumpwad. You are truly pathetic.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#622897 May 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity, chumpwad. You are truly pathetic.
So we have teleportation technology! Woohoo! Better worry about what's in your closet now, remember, shoot first.

Location hidden

#622898 May 10, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly wished i hadnt clicked on that link.. just saying...
Agree!!!!
He takes *make-believe* way too far.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#622900 May 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now we are playing a semantics game. Conclusion, belief... what' the difference if you are starting your "science" with rigid ideas about what *must* be the right answer?
Two-way street dear...seriously...what kind of case do you really think you're building here?

Location hidden

#622901 May 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believe in math"? How's that?
Don Williams - I Believe in You Lyrics
Send “I Believe in You” Ringtone to your cell
I don't believe in superstars,
Organic food and foreign cars.
I don't believe the price of gold;
The certainty of growing old.
That right is right and left is wrong,
That north and south can't get along.
That east is east and west is west.
And being first is always best.
But I believe in love.
I believe in babies.
I believe in Mom and Dad.
And I believe in you.
Well, I don't believe that heaven waits,
For only those who congregate.
I like to think of God as love:
He's down below, He's up above.
He's watching people everywhere.
He knows who does and doesn't care.
And I'm an ordinary man,
Sometimes I wonder who I am.
But I believe in love.
I believe in music.
I believe in magic.
And I believe in you.
I know with all my certainty,
What's going on with you and me,
Is a good thing.
It's true, I believe in you.
I don't believe virginity,
Is as common as it used to be.
In working days and sleeping nights,
That black is black and white is white.
That Superman and Robin Hood,
Are still alive in Hollywood.
That gasoline's in short supply,
The rising cost of getting by.
But I believe in love.
I believe in old folks.
I believe in children.
I believe in you.
I believe in love.
I believe in babies.
I believe in Mom and Dad.
And I believe in you.
That sounds like a great slow dancin' song.:)

It's almost like a lullaby.

Location hidden

#622904 May 10, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
-Alice- is river tam.
Alice is Kitten Koder.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#622905 May 10, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, what do you call "sending nonbelievers to hell for eternity?" I agree, that's not murder. That's far, far worse.
Well if God isn't real...I can't imagine that should bother you. On the other hand, if God is real, then according to the bible...not some twisted picture of the story, God doesn't send anyone to hell. He gives people a choice. Kind of like if you told me, you have two roads, stay to the right and you'll be safe, but if you go to the left, you'll drive into hot lava. if I'm driving and make a choice to go left...is that your fault? Did you kill me if I drive into the lava?

Location hidden

#622906 May 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Such a response has been proven to be a mask for homosexual tendencies.
Why do you gays continue to think saying that will shut down the opposition? You need to try and find a better rhetorical ploy than that one. Talk about same-shit-different-day, gobbledeegook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 4 min UIDIOTRACEMAkeWOR... 195
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min Al Capone 3,385
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min MUQ2 88,046
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min MUQ2 284,528
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min X Pendable 184,716
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min truth 665,278
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min MUQ2 45,817
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 54 min Bongo 99
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr nanoanomaly 525
More from around the web