Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the feathered rats that you are, you and NoBrainsanamoly would flock together with that homophobic gay psycho Oscar Wilde/Doctor1-1bazillion/Stan- and-his-man-Ollie demon in sheep's clothing.
You fake, phony, lying religionists are truly vile. You'll side with any piece of crap as long as they agree with your bigoted agenda to rid the world of all non-Christians. You can't even be called human, just evil units out to help destroy the whole world for your sick crack-pipe dream of dominating the whole world.
I spit on your armegeddon-instigating @sses. You all are lower than that serpent you call satan.
HAAAWWK PTAWWH mother*ckers.
Psycho.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope but you would be worn out.. after me, none the less.
You are hysterical.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, knowing that we are all connected inspires much more compassion in me that the notion of an angry god in the sky judging my every move.
Having a genetic connection is a far cry from truly being connected. I would love to think we are all connected...but I think this forum alone shows we are certainly not. I hate that your perception of God is so distorted.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, the controversy has nothing to do with doubt. It has to do with a religion that contradicts the evidence, and the strange way in which humans react to two conflicting pieces of information.
I won't argue that nor will I say with all certainty that if I didn't believe in God, I might be less skeptical. But the truth is...I wasn't indoctrinated as a child to believe in God and I haven't always been a Christian. My faith is not the result of a devastating event and it doesn't come from a fear of burning in hell...Sooo...my conflict between the two may well be much different from that of others. I simply don't believe one little doubt started all this.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, his stance is confusing in light of the recent discovery that we humans mated and produced fertile offspring with Neanderthals which have a different DNA signature then us.
I think this kind of established a connection to older pre-humans such as Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-erectus and others.
At the moment, one can only attribute this to deliberate obtuseness.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are hysterical.
And then some.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why does evolution have to be opposed to your belief in god? If I were religious, I would go with the old "god drove evolution" argument. It's more reasonable in light of the evidence. Evolution either happened or was made to look like it happened.
I agree.
100% I agree!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say she is a nice person, but an ignorant one when she doesnt adhere to your demands/likes on how to debate her position or refute yours... funny.......
LOL,, in other words AM.
What you truly mean is this "" If you see things like i see them, and conform to my way of thinking and do as >i< say"", then you will SHINE like a diamond??
Your desperation shows just how weak of a position you truly have and so desperatly hold on too...
No my little creotard, my standard is worldwide.
It is accepted in each and every country, for those with understanding ..it was agreed in a standard of scientific knowledge.
So I "AM" am saying...if you cannot agree to the WORLD STANDARDS.
Then you are in some sort of fantasy or dreaming and that you mean so very little in OUR reality the ones with understanding have agreed to. So if you want to play with knowledge then by all means ..do bring it. Or stfu.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you try to use blatant stupidity and hold it as a banner, then yes I will, Do not try to use lies to defend your stronghold and keep.
Other than that I really try to like everyone, I give that my best shot, and many people are my friend from all walks and belief.
I care not your belief, but will not listen to stupid garbage as truth. I think you are fine person, who defends belief , sometimes from an ignorant position. But a great person none the less.
Just do not try to use creationist garbage science and you will shine like the diamond.
The thing is...when people suggest that substantiated scientific evidence is blatantly stupid, simply because of who said it or the site that it is written on...I have to question the character and intelligence of that person. I'll grant you...many unscientific opinions are posted on creationist sites...but unsubstantiated opinions and ideas are also posted on non-Christian sites. I don't claim to be the authority and my opinions and conclusions are sometimes just...simply wrong...I can accept that. But I'm also more than aware that there aren't any Einsteins or immortals posting on here with me. If I can have the decency to be respectful, regardless of whether or not I agree...I would hope you could the same.

If not...I'll just smile and move on and hope it makes you feel better to belittle. I hope that isn't our future on here though :)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I envy the long dead who will never know how low America has sunk trying to please the demented who wish to push their perversions down the throats of the innocent.
Careful, you might burst a blood vessel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL,, in other words AM.
What you truly mean is this "" If you see things like i see them, and conform to my way of thinking and do as >i< say"", then you will SHINE like a diamond??
Your desperation shows just how weak of a position you truly have and so desperatly hold on too...
But my message to you and her both is ...YOU are better off with your own arguments, and not the ones devised by idiots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't show you God.
That's between you and Him.
If you have no faith in Him, you will not find Him.
Same with zeus, man, same with zeus. You're just avoiding his electric glory.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You think man was created by a God??
I do.:)

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's just a little bit hard to recreate the conditions and time scales involved in the beginning of life on early earth.
yes..I agree...just a tad

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You know I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and I clicked on your link. I was expecting, based on your little blurb here, a kooky, but possibly intelligent discussion on evolution and whether or not evidence is being suppressed. And then I saw the title:
"Dinosaurs lived with humans"
Thanks for the laugh. You couldn't have set up that punchline better if you tried.
Maybe U shoulda viewed the entire link, that way U could have an argument. If U have looked at all of the evidence that may support this, then maybe U coulda added something other than a dismissal which is what closed-minded individual do to keep from learning about something that is contrary to their own beliefs. I posted the link to incite a discussion with a decent person who may understand thus suppressed evidence. U apparently are not that person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is...when people suggest that substantiated scientific evidence is blatantly stupid, simply because of who said it or the site that it is written on...I have to question the character and intelligence of that person. I'll grant you...many unscientific opinions are posted on creationist sites...but unsubstantiated opinions and ideas are also posted on non-Christian sites. I don't claim to be the authority and my opinions and conclusions are sometimes just...simply wrong...I can accept that. But I'm also more than aware that there aren't any Einsteins or immortals posting on here with me. If I can have the decency to be respectful, regardless of whether or not I agree...I would hope you could the same.
If not...I'll just smile and move on and hope it makes you feel better to belittle. I hope that isn't our future on here though :)
I respect you , and like you. I however cannot stand beguile and arguments devised by the charlatan creationist crowd.
They masquerade around as if they were telling the truth, but mislead you with garbage devised by evil people who tell lies. Because most of them know they are lying when they write it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you showed me is the inability to understand a simple statement. That is not what I said. I have always believed that our sense of being is eternal; that would cover sleeping too don't ya think? You are contradicting yourself in the same post. Your last sentence indicates that you believe the sense of being turns off yet you say you have shown me that it doesn't. What a maroon.
<quoted text> Again I have to re-explain a simple statement. I never made the leap for gravity either. I said in both cases we have 'association' and in both cases we cannot say one causes the other. Although I may have said that I agree it *seems* that mass has something to do with it, that's not enough to say that it's more probable that gravity is caused by mass rather than something completely different.
Dude. Yes, you said you think our sense of being is eternal, and you suggested that the only reason we don't remember our "sense of being" while sleeping is because our "recording device" is turned off. I showed you that a sense of being can persist even when the hippocampus is damaged, ergo, your initial suggestion that we would retain a sense of being while sleeping if the "recording device" was turned on was flawed.

You said "mass clearly has something to do with gravity," but you won't extend that same logical leap to consciousness and the brain. That's my only point.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any particular evidence as to why H. sapiens should be excluded from an otherwise universal law?
I do believe species evolve...I do believe we share common genetic make-up...but I don't believe we share a common ancestor just because our genetics are so similar. I believe each species is their own...I don't believe we transitioned from an ape form to man. I mean years from now you could dig up the skeletons of me and my great aunt who had severe degenerative joints, osteoporosis, early childhood polio that she outlived, and MS. If you compared our bone structures, hers would highly resemble that of a land roaming mammal and mine would not. Yet, she'd have the genetic makeup of a human. It would be easy to wrong identify her bones from a fossilized state. I'm skeptical of our data because pigs teeth have been identified and documented as early human teeth...many errors have been made....does that really make me a complete imbecile?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you such an authority of how people should "perceive god"?
How do you know it isn't YOUR perception that is distorted? Why do you think "god" is some Pollyanna-like creature instead of a mean, hateful, two-faced, mysoginist, racist, snobby, egotistical, uncaring, murdering b@stard?
This PTAG thread is man's attempt to make "god" in man's image and to get other men to conform to that image that man makes of god.
Didn't claim to be an authority...but I do understand the God I believe in and He isn't all those things. You must believe in God to understand His nature.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..."Oh my Darwin"....I positively LOVE it! If I were an evolutionist I would SOOO use that!
OK...I said I'd revisit the issue, only reading scientific sites...don't lose your drawers yet!
That's good.

Don't disrespect my patron saint. I don't take his name in vain lightly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

541 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 5 min andet1987 28
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 256,403
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Strength and Honor 172,282
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 532,475
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Dave Nelson 224,053
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 20 min Doctor REALITY 2
Both Sides Mobilize in Honduras (Jul '09) 29 min Brainiac of Beacon House 11
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min shyam 4,563
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••