Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#622438 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your source on your defintion to Human morals??
Here is another question for ya..
How do you explain "human dignity"? Are you honestly gonna say that animal/species held funerals for the dead??
Funeral rites are probably as old as the human culture itself...
the human is not the only species to mourn their dead

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#622439 May 8, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Awww, poor baby.
You're more of a dick than anybody ever wanted.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#622440 May 8, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
You ignorant unbelieving atheists want PROOF that the Lord is REAL?? Go to the zoo....and just look around.
Okay, I did that, didn't see any god or giant footprints, so where's the evidence?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#622441 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So have you heard of it being common for a "human male" sniffing out a dead relative, and consuming it, as a lion does??
No i dont deny history, but i sure do deny your research as anything other than the demented thoughts of your high priest defintions..
Here are the 2 links to the defintions, but they want suit you for they are speaking about HUMAN Morals.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moral
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mor...
This is your sick twisted version of HUMAN morals.. Pay close attentin to the analogy and how sick and twisted the scientist's defintion is between a "good life" and a "bad life"!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_relativism...
Scientific views
[edit] Moral questions and science
See also: Science of morality
Author and neuroscientist Sam Harris, a prominent figure in the "New Atheist" movement, has argued that there are correct and incorrect answers to moral questions that may one day fall within reach of a maturing neuroscience.[11][12] He advocates an empirically based moral science founded upon ethical realism or, more specifically, ethical naturalism, and presupposes a loosely utilitarian consequentialism.
Harris wrote extensively on how science can influence how we view moral truth. He claims that human well-being, which includes peaks of happiness and valleys of distress, indicate that morality and its consequences can be studied within the realm of science. These “states of the human brain…depend on events in the world. Consequently, there must be scientific truths to be known about it.”(Harris 2). Everyone can distinguish between what a happy person and miserable person look like. Furthermore, we can distinguish between a “good” life and a “bad life”. Harris presents a disturbing account of the differences between the two in The Moral Landscape, in which he describes the bad life as being “a young widow who has lived her entire life in the midst of civil war” and witnessed her “seven-year-old daughter [being] raped and dismembered” at the hands of her “fourteen-year old son, who was goaded to this evil at the point of a machete by a press gang of drug-addled soldiers”(15). The good life, however, is much different and more familiar to most Americans, in which “you are married to the most loving, intelligent and charismatic person you have ever met. Both of you have careers that are intellectually stimulating and financially rewarding.”(15).[13]
[edit] Morality and evolution
See also: Evolution of morality
Some evolutionary biologists believe that morality is a natural phenomenon that evolves by natural selection.[14] In this case, morality is defined as the set of relative social practices that promote the survival and successful reproduction of the species, or even multiple cooperating species.[15]
Lines right up with your text book defintion...!!
Wow, you are a moron. Morality is subjective and all you have done is demonstrate that more. Thanks for supporting my argument. Incans use to think it was godlike to eat other people. Aztecs too.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#622442 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I did that, didn't see any god or giant footprints, so where's the evidence?
From the monkeys perspective , god wears khakis
especially around feeding time.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#622443 May 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the propensity to form morality is an evolved trait.
Atheist/evolution's darwinnie hogwash, karl.......
Greens - tuf

Australia

#622444 May 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Let me reiterate it for you. I get that you do not understand physics, or the expansion of the universe.
Sorry, it doesn't work like that.
Egotistic clown.

Location hidden

#622446 May 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you suppose a god would reveal hisself to a POS like you but not reveal himself to honorable persons?
First of all, karl it is people like yourself pos's, as you say it. Are the ones who demand a sign from God, not I.

I believed, and came to God on his terms, which is by Faith. Now if you reject that, that is your problem not mine. You will find God through Belief and Faith.

Pretty simple, but very complicated for you.

Greens - tuf

Australia

#622447 May 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're more of a dick than anybody ever wanted.
"Aura, savior of the ever expanding Universe !"

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#622448 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say she is a nice person, but an ignorant one when she doesnt adhere to your demands/likes on how to debate her position or refute yours... funny.......
LOL,, in other words AM.
What you truly mean is this "" If you see things like i see them, and conform to my way of thinking and do as >i< say"", then you will SHINE like a diamond??
Your desperation shows just how weak of a position you truly have and so desperatly hold on too...
Yep, Aura is another one of the nuts on here following a script.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-...

He/she once posted (in a different forum) that he/she "worshiped me as a goddess, when I *got it right*". Talk about arrogant. Like it's up to him/her to decide what is right, especially after his/her claim that, "There are no absolutes in *science*". Apparently the brainwashing works on some people or these guys wouldn't continue to practice it so much.

Location hidden

#622449 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are a moron. Morality is subjective and all you have done is demonstrate that more. Thanks for supporting my argument. Incans use to think it was godlike to eat other people. Aztecs too.
Insults, are a true sign when defeated. Thats all you have is empty words...

Site your source for your definition??

I dont support it, and my intent for posting that hogwash was in no way to support your wickedness..

So with your logic, you are stateing its ok for people like Ted bundy to rape and eat his victims? Is that not Evil to you???? Thats just how we evolve!!!

Location hidden

#622450 May 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When I say "connected" I don't mean we're all best buds.
I don't see how I'm "not exactly" correct. Justify it up and down - your god sends people to hell. No defending that. There is no "sin" that could possibly warrant that.
I suspect you might reconsider feeling so benign about someone's sins/offenses if they kidnapped, tortured and murdered your child or another close family member.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#622451 May 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Aura is another one of the nuts on here following a script.
He/she once posted (in a different forum) that he/she "worshiped me as a goddess, when I *got it right*". Talk about arrogant. Like it's up to him/her to decide what is right, especially after his/her claim that, "There are no absolutes in *science*". Apparently the brainwashing works on some people or these guys wouldn't continue to practice it so much.
What about me?

Am I a nut following a script?

Location hidden

#622452 May 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not angry. Am I the one who drops in to snipe random, bitter insults at people?
"Random" implies that I would insult for no reason. There is a pattern to my madness, moron.

You, on the other hand, target only one group to insult and your hatred is clear for all to see.

Location hidden

#622453 May 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Aura is another one of the nuts on here following a script.
I agree 100%.

Here is what they fail to see, they are not 100% God doesnt exist and know they are no absolutes in science or Atheisim,, BUT yet are still so sure of it that they still call themselves an Atheist.. Now that is a perfect example of "blind faith" if i have ever seen it

They are the ones who are in a cult. Just like the followers of Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Herff Applewhite....

Location hidden

#622454 May 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I have plenty of common sense, but knowledge and wisdom are my specialties. Your prehistoric rhetoric and arboreal cultist philosophy wreaks of a primitive superstitious tribal witch doctor.
Go play with your conjuring powders and roots or something.
You have him confused with your buddy Kaitlyn.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#622455 May 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect you might reconsider feeling so benign about someone's sins/offenses if they kidnapped, tortured and murdered your child or another close family member.
Did I ever say that? Why are you so morbid?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#622456 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist/evolution's darwinnie hogwash, karl.......
Yet, you have no other scientifically based explanation, nor any explanation that does not require magic, without evolution all you have is magic.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#622457 May 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Random" implies that I would insult for no reason. There is a pattern to my madness, moron.
You, on the other hand, target only one group to insult and your hatred is clear for all to see.
Lol. Who do I insult? Who do I hate?

And yeah. Anyone who disagrees with you is a vile, disgusting miscreant.

Location hidden

#622458 May 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to really, really like me. I should have known better than to respond to it. Been ignoring it for days, and it's still following me around.
Dehumanization? Yep, there's nothing like it for pardoning your own abuse of The Hated Ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 590,907
Sariyer General Electric √ 342 00 24 W... 32 min generalelectricser 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min janeebee 4,643
SARIYER Kilyos O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) GENERAL ELECTR... 37 min generalelectricser 1
BAHCEKOY Sariyer O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) GENERAL ELEC... 41 min generalelectricser 1
Kirecburnu General Electric ( 299 15 34 ) Tarab... 44 min generalelectricser 1
Ferahevler General Electric (0212) 299 15 34 – ... 49 min generalelectricser 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min lovewithin 40,545
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jac 100,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 271,411
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Truths 612,220
More from around the web