|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the doctors office. He argued with that dumb ass quack that he's never had herpes so why is his mouth full of sores...
But hey. The doc "knew"...
so a guy goes in for a colonoscopy and the doc says "don't be embarrassed, it's not unusual for some men to get an erection during this process". the guy says "i've had a few now and i never got an erection. the doc responds "well i've given hundreds and i usually do get one" bbbbbrrrrraaaappppppaaaaabang!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Catcher should get a circle jerk started. Lunger will join you.
I thought that you knew that's what they're doing here every day?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of the finding that most all non sub-Saharan Africans (us) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood???
It's making for some pretty interesting twists and turns for the 'missing link' crowd (now there's no need for one).
Actually there is some doubt about those findings. A recent study from the university of Cambridge actually points that the overlap of genetic material is actually not due to interbreeding with Neanderthal but actually from our common ancestor Homo heidelbergensis. When the DNA material was sequenced from the remains of Neanderthals from areas that was known to also be heavily populated with homosapien at that same time, there were no significant difference from the DNA sequence from the remains of homosapiens in areas where Neanderthals were not found to have co existed with homosapien. This led the Cambridge scientists to investigate and conclude that the overlapping DNA is actually from our common ancestor Homo heidelbergensis and not from interbreeding.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre lying,xians do that a lot
read it again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science
This is a list of atheists. Living persons in this list are people whose atheism is relevant to their notable activities or public life, and who have publicly identified themselves as atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists...

Avery long list, and its just a handful of scientist who are Atheist.

And below are just some of the latest.
http://www.investigatingatheism.info/whoswhot...

Francis Crick (1916 - 2004)

Francis Crick, famous for co-discovering (with James D. Watson) the structure of the DNA molecule, was an English molecular biologist and neuroscientist. Crick was an outspoken critic of religion, and an advocate of the view that the mind is simply a product of the physical brain. He held that the new findings of the neurosciences would eventually replace mistaken religious conceptions of the nature of human beings, a position he elaborates in his popular work The Astonishing Hypothesis: The Scientific Search for the Soul (1994). Although strictly speaking an agnostic, he was profoundly sceptical of organised religion and claimed to have had a 'strong inclination' towards atheism.

Alfred Jules Ayer (1910-1989)

Alfred Ayer was a British philosopher and promoter of logical positivism. Ayer, an outspoken atheist, was closely involved with the British humanist movement. In 1965 he succeeded Julian Huxley as the president of the British Humanist Association, a position which he held until 1970. In 1989, shortly before his death, Ayer had a Near Death Experience, which he claimed had weakened but not changed his belief in the finality of physical death.

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Bertrand Russell was a British philosopher and prominent critic of religion. Russell had scruples about describing himself as an atheist as opposed to an agnostic in the strictest philosophical sense, but preferred to describe himself as an atheist in most contexts. Russell held that religion is a mere superstition, and largely harmful in its effects. Russell's views of religion are summarised in his popular work Why I am not a Christian (1927). Russell was of the view that religion was based primarily on fear.

Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (1870-1924)

Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, better known as Lenin, was a Russian revolutionary, the main leader of the Russian Revolution, and from 1922 the first leader of the Soviet Union. He was the founder of Marxist-Leninism, an extension of Marxist theory. Marxist-Leninism was atheistic, and openly hostile towards all religion. In 1921 Lenin instigated an offensive campaign against religion which would set the model for future Soviet attacks on religion (see also Stalin).

Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili (1878-1953)

Josef Dzhugashvili better known as Joseph Stalin, was General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party from 1922 until his death in 1953. Stalin's forced industrialisation of Russia in the 1930s and his campaigns of political repression led to the deaths of millions of people. The Russian Orthodox Church was continuously persecuted in the 1930s and driven almost to extinction. Many churches were destroyed, and tens of thousands of priests, monks and nuns were killed.

Sir Julian Huxley (1887-1975)

Sir Julian Huxley, the grandson of 'Darwin's bulldog' Thomas Huxley , was an English evolutionary biologist and humanist. Huxley was not a strict atheist but rather an agnostic; however, his humanist views have exerted a very appreciable direct or indirect influence on subsequent atheists down to Richard Dawkins. Closely associated with the main British secular societies and movements, Huxley was the first President of the British Humanist Association from its foundation in 1963 until 1965 when he was succeeded by A.J.Ayer. He was also closely involved with the International and Humanist Ethical Union.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How? You just said that we don't have a sense of being while asleep because we can't "record" anything, and I showed you that a sense of being is possible in the absence of the ability to record new memories. You tied "sense of being" with "recording device," as if the two phenomena were dependent upon each other in an attempt to justify our "lack of being" while sleeping. I showed you that this was wrong. If our sense of being can persist without a hippocampus, then why does it "turn off" at night, if it doesn't need a "recording device" to be turned on?
The only thing you showed me is the inability to understand a simple statement. That is not what I said. I have always believed that our sense of being is eternal; that would cover sleeping too don't ya think? You are contradicting yourself in the same post. Your last sentence indicates that you believe the sense of being turns off yet you say you have shown me that it doesn't. What a maroon.
Mass is associated with gravity, therefore mass clearly has something to do with gravity. Consciousness is associated with the brain, but I can't say they have anything to do with each other. Why do you make the obvious logical leap for gravity, but not for consciousness/
Again I have to re-explain a simple statement. I never made the leap for gravity either. I said in both cases we have 'association' and in both cases we cannot say one causes the other. Although I may have said that I agree it *seems* that mass has something to do with it, that's not enough to say that it's more probable that gravity is caused by mass rather than something completely different.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because the doctor is an idiot and only she can remove it without a medical review. It is being dealt with at the hospital board level. It is a major hospital. I even went to two other doctors in the hospital and had them look to see if something warranted the diagnoses. They said you do not have diabetes and there is nothing that would indicate it. Then I showed them her medical comment, and they simply said that she would have to remove it. I was able to get my primary physician to write a comment to supersede hers.
That's ridiculous, that she can add it to your record without a board review, but in order to get it removed it has to go in front of the board to get reviewed. Stupid hospitals.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
OMG.
As in OMG you rant on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on.
Yep. The moron will argue about what happened between your folks and their doctors forever even though he/she wasn't a witness. Talk about neurotic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so a guy goes in for a colonoscopy and the doc says "don't be embarrassed, it's not unusual for some men to get an erection during this process". the guy says "i've had a few now and i never got an erection. the doc responds "well i've given hundreds and i usually do get one" bbbbbrrrrraaaappppppaaaaabang!
HA HA HA !!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that you knew that's what they're doing here every day?
I don't even know what I knewed I knew that I knowed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Or rather I should have said that Homosapien DNA showed the same sequencing in all areas.
It was agreed that because the groups of humans at that time were small and isolated at the time and hadn't had time to homogenize, it would have been fairly easy to find the differences in the DNA from those isolated groups and conclude definitive markers indicating interbreeding. That was never found.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. The moron will argue about what happened between your folks and their doctors forever even though he/she wasn't a witness. Talk about neurotic.
I know! WTF is that?!

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why would any of your doctors at County General or the free clinic be interested in income and status? That is like a horse veterinarian being interested in her status, when she digs around in horse poop.
I suspect OCB tries the patience of even an empathetic doctor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/health/27co...

May he/she only ever acquire the coldhearted kind that fire argumentative types like him/her.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!!
Euww.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
yah-way is a war-monger
jesus is a homo
you are a Mexican-christian (lol)
Why thank you Karl!
And you're from Cana (Duh)!
Lol!
I was thinking about what decent things came from there....
1. Bachman Turner Overdrive
2. Rush
3.???

I'm a proud American of Mexican descent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you Karl!
And you're from Cana (Duh)!
Lol!
I was thinking about what decent things came from there....
1. Bachman Turner Overdrive
2. Rush
3.???
I'm a proud American of Mexican descent.
Don't mind karl, he's CanaDERPian. He can't help shimself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Euww.
Lol. Ew gross poopy humor is great.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your second law creationist garbage doesn't hold water.
perhaps...I'm gonna revisit that one...and read only scientific data...from science sites only. I'll have to get back to you after I've looked over all the info. I'm sure both sides make good arguments, as that's generally how it works...but we'll see.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont know what science is bucko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support ...

You are a product of what you have been feeding yourself, which is, bull S!#t!!

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you don't know that "isolated" means "closed" in this context? You really are not too bright.
Oh kitten...we should be friends. You could teach me all sorts of science and perhaps...maybe...if ya had a pal...you wouldn't be so rude all the time. It's worth a try.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things, billions of people are not scientifically literate, and evolution technically does not discount all concepts of what a god is. You ask someone else to be "realistic" yet you deny real evidence in place of blind and unsupported assertions, irony.
Not true...I just said I'd revisit the whole 2nd law and only look at scientific sites...gimme a break here...I'm not your typical Kool-aid drinker...and I can comprehend what I read. I'll see for myself...but there's a lot of info to read up on decipher through

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

512 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Le_le 172,374
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 532,736
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min number four 224,170
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Gray 115,081
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Classic 1,714
Last Word + 2 18 min Rosie 71
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min EdmondWA 93,708
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,491
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••