Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R6GiNQvugn0&feature=youtu be_gdata_player
This link is an hour long so be patient and explore the evidence.
Is it possible that evidence that is slightly contrary to evolution as it is explained has been and is being suppressed? Why don't we here much of anything about the evidence and accounts of origin that is contrary to evolutionary theory as it is theorized?
It baffles me how scientists can look at the way life, matter, energy, and time works and then come up with an explanation for the processes that they already see happening, call it "science", accredit THEMSELVES for making the so-called "discovery", and then convincing lame-brained people that it all happened by itself and on its own because as they were studying these things they didn't see God. What's even more baffling is that the lame-brains play along and convince themselves that, yea, it happened by itself (as they are nodding their heads vigorously!)
and youre another dumazz that has no clue what science is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- you're going off on a tangent now.
Not my fault if you don't know the difference between a doctor TREATING you for what ails you and CURING you of what ails you.
I guess it was silly of me to assume you did know the difference.....
And yeah, RR- oftentimes prescribing medication IS the treatment.
Not always and not always should it be, but there are definitely MANY cases in which drugs not only TREAT illness and disease, but also CURE illness and disease and save lives.
I am well aware that there are doctors who over-prescribe and who treat the SYMPTOMS rather than the ILLNESS.
But that is not the point here.
WhatEVER! The POINT is you ranted and railed about the doctors "killing" your MIL and you couldn't even be bothered to alert the AMA that you suspected this doctor was guilty of malpractice.
And that's probably because he was NOT guilty of it or else because you really didn't give that much of a crap after all.
And the other point is that if a patient is concerned that the diagnosis being given them is incorrect, insufficient or incomplete, the onus is on the patient to seek a second opinion.
If you think "caveat emptor" shouldn't apply when one is seeking medical treatment, you're wrong.
You're missing the point.

He was given herpes medication for allergies.

(No treatment)

Please get to the point and shorten your posts. Every one doesn't have to be a novel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to think the 40s were such a wonderful time in our history and so much more so than today.
Try asking ADULTS who were alive in the 40s. Ask them how much they enjoyed gas rationing, sugar rationing, etc. Ask them how much they enjoyed hearing the nightly news about World War II.
Sure- some great years in the 40s- just like EVERY OTHER DECADE.
It's hilarious! You sit there pining for the "good old days".....what do you think people who actually lived in the 40s were doing? They were doing the exact same thing YOU are- pining for the "good old days"- ROFLMAO!!
Uh....RR- Carly Simon said it best- these ARE the good old days.
Try living not only in this precise moment, but in the here and now of the era you are actually living in.
I said "born in the 40's", not "be an adult in the 40's". Sheesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the doctor is arrogant, youngster?
Lunger?

Need a boyfriend yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- after the doctor SAW him. After the doctor EXAMINED him.
Better?
The point is that it's not about what the doctor did or did not do- it's about seeking a second opinion if you think you have reason to question or doubt what a doctor tells you.
Again- it's comes down to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY for ONESELF- something you right wingNUT neocons seem incapable of- despite your bleating and repeated chant of wanting smaller government.
No- you do NOT. You NEED to have someone/something to blame your own shortcomings and mistakes on; in other words, you need a scapegoat to try and justify your own stupid and lousy decisions.
Oh GAWD....

He DID seek a second opinion.

He DID NOT take the herpes meds for his allergies.

THE POINT is that the dumb ass Doktor was wrong.

Can a doctor be wrong? Absolutely. But to mistake an allergic reaction to toothpaste with herpes is a pretty bad f_ck up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not answering the question scooter. I am not ignorant of the God you claim. It's just that over 50 years of looking, and talking with people like you, I have never come across ANY hard evidence.
One could logically expect that in 50 years of honest searching something would show up. Everyone tells me, "you gotta have faith". Well that doesn't work for me, I'm like the guy from Missouri....'show me'.
I can't show you God.

That's between you and Him.

If you have no faith in Him, you will not find Him.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
(No treatment)
Please get to the point and shorten your posts. Every one doesn't have to be a novel.
Medication IS a form of treatment, RR.

What the hell do you think CHEMOTHERAPY is for cancer patients?

It is DRUGS to treat their illness!

I DID get to the point and I did so quite succinctly but when I did so succinctly, you didn't GET it!

No- YOU are missing the point. You said your friend was doubtful/questioned/wondered- WHATEVER word you want to use- about what the doctor told him was wrong with him.

So why just go with that one doctor instead of being responsible to ONESELF by first getting a SECOND OPINION before following ANY advice given by the first doctor who he doubted?

THAT is the point and as I've said numerous times already today-

If a patient doubts that a doctor is diagnosing correctly and properly, the responsibility is on the PATIENT to go for a second opinion.

As a matter of fact, MANY doctors encourage their patients to do just that.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
Why do you need proof that there is a God? What's the point? Would you live your life differently if you had indisputable proof? If He stood in front of you and said, I am the real deal, you would probably say you were hallucinating? When you can only think with a closed mind it is nearly impossible to believe in someone greater than us who could have no beginning or end. People in general scoff at that which they cannot comprehend. I think the universe is too large for anyone to know for sure who or what "God" could possibly be. How does not believing make one's life better? At least for those that have faith and believe that there is a heaven out there and hope to go there when they die. To me it’s pretty sad to believe that "man” is the best thing this universe has to offer.
I agree,I think that woman is the best thing the world has to offer,,lol
LineDazzle

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually enjoy living under the very dark cloud of your self-inflicted persecution complex?
Or are you just too ignorant to accept the FACT that when all is said and done, each of us is ultimately responsible for the medical care and treatment we choose to undergo or not?
I think it's the former first and foremost- you LIKE feeling like a victim.
Oh- and BTW- did you know that family members of a person who dies after medical treatment or care can still sue the doctors for malpractice?
I'll BET your mother-in-law's family did NOT even consider that and if they did, they didn't follow through because they had NO case and because there was NO malpractice.
It's idiots like YOU who think that doctors are some sort of gods or that they should be- it is NOT doctors who think that by and large but rather those who seem to think that doctors should be infallible and as close to "god-like" as possible.
Sorry to have to tell you that doctors ARE human and can and do make mistakes- just like any other mortal being.
Of course, given that they often hold the lives of others in their hands, if they are incompetent they should be sued.
But that only holds water if incompetence was indeed a factor in the death of a patient.
At any rate, many more lives are saved by doctors than lost by doctors.
I'll bet you're silly enough to find fault with the entire fire-fighting force due to firefighters sometimes not being able to save EVERYONE from a burning building.
Whatever, RR.......every single prejudice you have is set in stone due to your self-inflicted myopia and your refusal to accept the fact that VERY little in this world is black and white and instead, most of everything in this world comes in many shades of grey.
You are a very strange little boy.
It is actually correct that female doctors are sociopaths.

Stop trying to convince yourself that the doctor didn't really mean to hold on to your balls and penis for that long in order to just make yourself feel better and not "one of them", you know, those "child abuse victims".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR reminds me of the Christians who long for Jesus's quick return so they can get their crummy life over with and go to heaven.
My life ain't crummy. Why would you assume that?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
(No treatment)
Fine- in a nutshell, here is the point and as I already stated:

If you think "caveat emptor" shouldn't apply when one is seeking medical treatment, you're wrong.
LineDazzle

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunger
Need a boyfriend yet?
I'm not gay. But I am who you call "lunger"(You borrowed it off black thunder).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. And he is so sure of himself because of how he WANTS things to be and because of how he WISHES things were.
And....RR seems to be quite fond of conspiracy theories- even those which don't exist.
I guess it serves as justification for his self-inflicted persecution complex.....
You and Catcher should get a circle jerk started. Lunger will join you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Medication IS a form of treatment, RR.
What the hell do you think CHEMOTHERAPY is for cancer patients?
It is DRUGS to treat their illness!
I DID get to the point and I did so quite succinctly but when I did so succinctly, you didn't GET it!
No- YOU are missing the point. You said your friend was doubtful/questioned/wondered- WHATEVER word you want to use- about what the doctor told him was wrong with him.
So why just go with that one doctor instead of being responsible to ONESELF by first getting a SECOND OPINION before following ANY advice given by the first doctor who he doubted?
THAT is the point and as I've said numerous times already today-
If a patient doubts that a doctor is diagnosing correctly and properly, the responsibility is on the PATIENT to go for a second opinion.
As a matter of fact, MANY doctors encourage their patients to do just that.
OMG...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh GAWD....
He DID seek a second opinion.
He DID NOT take the herpes meds for his allergies.
THE POINT is that the dumb ass Doktor was wrong.
Can a doctor be wrong? Absolutely. But to mistake an allergic reaction to toothpaste with herpes is a pretty bad f_ck up.
You have changed your story.

You first said your friend sought a second opinion- HIMSELF.

That remark is what prompted me to ask you if your friend is a doctor.

So now that your story has changed, my interest in it has waned.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't show you God.
That's between you and Him.
If you have no faith in Him, you will not find Him.
Wow! So I guess this means if someone has faith in Santa Claus, they'll find that jolly old elf!

The "pearls" that come out of your mouth, RR.....some real doozies and some real head-shakers.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "born in the 40's", not "be an adult in the 40's". Sheesh.
Sigh....I KNOW what you said. In addition to the post to which you are replying, I also posted in a PRIOR post that had you been BORN in the 40s, you then could have grown up during the McCarthy witch hunts and blacks having to sit in the back of the bus.

And that would have been in the 50s.

Sheesh is right.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG...
OMG what? That you just realized that prescribing medication IS a form of medical treatment?

Glad I helped to clear that up for you.

You're welcome.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Catcher should get a circle jerk started. Lunger will join you.
Why to the first sentence and what the HELL are you thinking to the last?

You and Lunger should be the ones having that circle jerk; after all, it is YOU asking Lunger to be your boyfriend.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Fine- in a nutshell, here is the point and as I already stated:
Caveat emptor:

Noun
The principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

O_o

You go to a doctor, a professional, a person that's supposedly trained and educated for decades (hopefully) to get medical advice and/or treatment. You're not "buying goods".

If you already know what's wrong with you, you wouldn't be going to a doctor. It ain't like buying a freakin car.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 590,561 - 590,580 of716,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

575 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 3 min Quixotesucks 158
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 171,454
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min guest 530,079
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 11 min Man of Science 221,368
‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singu... 20 min yon 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 20 min susanblange 36,405
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Patrick 223,207
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min WasteWater 255,714
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••