|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
Well said

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are teaching them modern morals and not christian ones. Of course that's a different topic as well, a red herring. We seek answers and refuse to buy made up non-answers, you waste your life thinking about death, we spend ours working to improve our lives. If you want a comparison, you won't like the results of such.
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??

I don't give it much of a thought at all, let alone allow it to consume life.

Where do you get this nonsense?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not a teacher, but in my profession, which is in healthcare, I do teach. Next, my degree required that I study biology, physics, genetics, forensics, chemistry...and much more...I'm not just some google researcher...and I actually attended college before online course were even available. However, I have sold most of my books, so I do tend to rely on the Internet these days....You have seriously misjudged me.
The controversy surrounding evolution is hardly the result of one little doubt. Billions of people doubt evolution. Surely, you aren't gonna blame this on one little doubt. there are hole and missing links...that's the bottom line and it's not my fault, so why lash out at me.
And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.

There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.

Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.

There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.

All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are teaching them modern morals and not christian ones. Of course that's a different topic as well, a red herring. We seek answers and refuse to buy made up non-answers, you waste your life thinking about death, we spend ours working to improve our lives. If you want a comparison, you won't like the results of such.
I teach them how to manage their diseases....how to be healthy. Has nothing to do with morals. if you think it's a wasted life, helping someone who is sick to get better and become healthy, then I feel sorry for you.

“Stick with me”

Since: Apr 13

I aim to please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps...but intelligent none the less. His theories have resulted in a widespread belief that we have an ancestral line which includes apes. Gotta credit the man...even if he was just a good salesman...he sold his train of thought and sold it well!
As far as I'm concerned he sold diddly squat to a bunch of koolaid drinkers.
LineDazzle

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.
Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.
There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.
All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.
There are no evidence left of it because no finger prints were left of it, it happened magically, with God not leaving a stain from the ribs from either of them both onto each other, accept man and women coming from the man.

Come on kid, you can do better than this, can't you?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?

1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?

2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?

The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.

3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?

So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?

Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?

And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.

I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??
I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:

TSI wrote:

"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."

After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.

Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Prove there isn't.

“Stick with me”

Since: Apr 13

I aim to please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to iteach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
The only nonsense here is your wind bagged response. I truly pity people like you and your ignorant, arrogant, blind sited ways.~smh~

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot, medically. If you want better medical treatment, longer and healthier life, you need to know first and foremost ... how the body was formed. The irony being that the "who" is of no importance at all, they could claim it was some magical pixie, but that's not important, it's the "how" that matters, and science answers the how very well. Knowing where organs originated, what purpose they once served, if they continue to serve a purpose, and how our bodies became what they are will allow us to cure more illnesses (most importantly AIDS and cancer right now), and how to improve our lifespans, no one wants to die too soon. Knowing our genetic lineage will help us to discover where the genes are that produce genetic illnesses, and possibly eliminate those from our species in the future. Knowing our closest ancestors offers us sources for biological material that could save lives. There are a lot of people walking around with pigs' hearts now, knowing how close they are to us lead us to realize that they could save the lives of people needing new hearts and how to accomplish that successfully.
So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way.
If you spent more time studying the human body and actually interacting with human beings and less studying evolution, you'd know beyond doubt, where and where we did not come from. You see, there are those who spend their lives in a lab or in a book, and those who actually get out there and test what is studied. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies? I'll tell you... Because humans are not rats or monkeys....they are humans. You find, when you actually deal with medicine and people, that often, case studies, lab tests, etc...haven't come close to examining how some things really work when applied to actual lives and human beings who have an array of different issues that effect the whole picture. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for the research and I am not trying to diminish the necessity of it. But, for a researcher to be condescending and assume their intelligence is above that of the man who gets his hands dirty actually testing their products...well...there really is no place for that. Until, you've actually stepped in the water, don't attempt to tell me it's Temperature based on a thermometer. There is nothing more accurate than truly testing the water for yourself.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
hehe you said hole...

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> As far as I'm concerned he sold diddly squat to a bunch of koolaid drinkers.
Lol...I won't argue that...but doggone he made a heck of a go at selling didn't he!

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is very much controversy surrounding evolution.

That's why it's still a theory and not a fact.

There's also a lot of guesswork.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda hard to do if the source isn't readily available. I do try to verify sources though. Sometimes all you can go on is the level of education of the writer or researcher.
You don't know much about the internet, do you?

http://scholar.google.com/ for just one of the many ways to find such things.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe you said hole...
hehe- TSI said it first!

:-D

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what religion is, it's all about death, after life, not during.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:
TSI wrote:
"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."
After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.
Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.
Well, he also said that he teaches biblical things like love, respect and forgiveness. Why don't you question that?

I think it's very important to learn where we came from and HOW we came to be.

It's input nature to he curious about things like that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> The only nonsense here is your wind bagged response. I truly pity people like you and your ignorant, arrogant, blind sited ways.~smh~
I'm sorry....what?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So.....
Since you claim to know your genetic lineage, you will not die from a preventable illness?
O_o
Howz that?!
Since that's not what I said, I will ignore this response beyond this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 590,501 - 590,520 of681,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

507 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Petesake Liverpool ip 109,851
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 4 min bibi 1,911
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,640
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min KiMare 217,342
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 35 min sex massage serves 38
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 43 min justme 179
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 45 min KiMare 89,639
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 512,402
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••