AOL

#622327 May 8, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#622329 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists spend an inordinate amount of time arguing against the possibility of a God they claim they don't believe exists.
I don't see them trying to disprove leprechauns or Santa Claus, but they sure do seem to spend a lot of time trying to disprove God.
Imagine that
Nobody is constantly throwing leprechauns in our faces, introducing them in our schools, putting them on our currency, erecting memorials to them, asking for tax deductions for them.

God on the other hand is like the invasion of the killer tomatoes.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#622333 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's right. Only words are in the bible.
G_O_D wrote:
Agreed.
Good. And knowledge is not in science books, only words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622334 May 8, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent. However, I do recall a few atheists being tossed out of a mall......screaming "run kids, run. he's a fake, Santa Claus is a myth, he will promise you that your mommy will come home and you will wait for years and nothing"...
It's crazy that such a small percentage of Americans (.07%) can be so noisy...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622335 May 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This from the person who has told me to start a thread about Santa Claus?
Why bring up that jolly old elf here since you seem to think no one else should.....
Anyway, I think you're wrong- I don't anyone trying to disprove the "possibility of a God".
It's not a question of it being possible or not; the point is that there is no actual evidence of the existence of any god and I hope I don't have to tell you that the bible is NOT evidence of the existence of the god in the bible just as NO book of FAITH is evidence of the existence of ANY god.
If you think otherwise, then logic would dictate that the fairy tale "Cinderella" is evidence of it being possible for a pumpkin to be turned into a coach and for 6 white mice to be turned into 6 white horses.
Siiigh...

There's no evidence *TO YOU*....

I have evidence of God. Billions of other have, too.

It's exactly what I've been talking about - that you have evidence you love your husband, but you CANNOT prove it or share it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622336 May 8, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>It is almost funny to tracks of H Lesbo lurking with her 10 (3) neg judgits. Why? so,we can no she is butt hurt. Okay!
What is funny is that those who claim to be freethinkers rushed into schools to teach their religion of secular humanism with course on situational ethics, founded on their belief system of evolution design and origin. Then when other ideas (freethinking) tried to be presented side by side with their ideas, they rushed into court and yelled we are science and they are religion, stop the freethinking stop it. The they screamed we want closed-minded freethinkers who freely think what we tell them to think.
Have you ever notice that most of them expect us to except evolution as a given. They will argue, any adult excepts evolution and you are thinking like a child. Well, don't children question nonsense and bug the crap out of "freethinking" teachers with "why and how". "Why do they say a monkey is my uncle and how can that be." Parent "Go to the corner and freely think what I tell you to think."
Oh ya.... You dare not question the validity and factuality of the theory of evolution. Or you'll be called ignorant. LMAO!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622337 May 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is constantly throwing leprechauns in our faces, introducing them in our schools, putting them on our currency, erecting memorials to them, asking for tax deductions for them.
God on the other hand is like the invasion of the killer tomatoes.
Awwww.... Can I get you a "liberal" amount of tissues?

Why is it you condemn us for those things but not condemn your kind for the same things?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#622338 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it you condemn us for those things but not condemn your kind for the same things?
this is catch of attorney on walfare and receopient of food stamps
he heeeeeee

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#622339 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's right. Only words are in the bible.
<quoted text>
Good. And knowledge is not in science books, only words.
<face palm>

The words in science books describe things that can be demonstrated to exist.

That is the difference between "The Principles of Electricity" and "The Holy Bible".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#622340 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Siiigh...
There's no evidence *TO YOU*....
I have evidence of God. Billions of other have, too.
It's exactly what I've been talking about - that you have evidence you love your husband, but you CANNOT prove it or share it.
But I'm not trying to shove the fact that I love my man down the throats of others.

And stop with that already! NOT a good analogy at all and we've been through this countless times.....And no- I really don't have any "evidence" that I love my man; but again- that is not the point, though my man would tell you that there is an INCREDIBLE amount of proof for him that I love him. And, my man could list any number of ways to support his knowledge that I love him.

And am I questioning you saying you LOVE your god? Um...sometimes, but not really- as I do believe you believe you love your god.

That still doesn't stand as any evidence that any god exists.

Here is the definition of evidence:

ev·i·dence
[ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, ev·i·denced, ev·i·denc·ing.
noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
3. Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
verb (used with object)
4. to make evident or clear; show clearly; manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
5. to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviden...

Now let's go through all the definitions.

#1. You have provided no proof, nor has any god that might exist.

#2. You certainly have made any evidence of a god plain or clear nor is there any sign or indication of a god (unless you count those who say they saw your Jesus in grilled cheese sammies and on Goldfish crackers)

#3. That definition doesn't apply to this discussion.

#4. Again- nothing has been made clear, no god has manifested him/her/itself, nothing has been shown clearly.

#5. Your belief has no evidence to support it.

ANYONE could say they have EVIDENCE of ANYTHING- that doesn't mean they really do nor does it mean that they aren't substituting the word "evidence" for what it REALLY is- a BELIEF.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622341 May 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<face palm>
The words in science books describe things that can be demonstrated to exist.
That is the difference between "The Principles of Electricity" and "The Holy Bible".
Ah...

You put limitations on the words in the bible but no limitations on the words of a science book.

Very biased of you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#622342 May 8, 2013
Oops!

#2. You certainly have *NOT*( I repeat-*NOT) made any evidence of a god......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622343 May 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm not trying to shove the fact that I love my man down the throats of others.
And stop with that already! NOT a good analogy at all and we've been through this countless times.....And no- I really don't have any "evidence" that I love my man; but again- that is not the point, though my man would tell you that there is an INCREDIBLE amount of proof for him that I love him. And, my man could list any number of ways to support his knowledge that I love him.
And am I questioning you saying you LOVE your god? Um...sometimes, but not really- as I do believe you believe you love your god.
That still doesn't stand as any evidence that any god exists.
Here is the definition of evidence:
ev·i·dence
[ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, ev·i·denced, ev·i·denc·ing.
noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
3. Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
verb (used with object)
4. to make evident or clear; show clearly; manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
5. to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviden...
Now let's go through all the definitions.
#1. You have provided no proof, nor has any god that might exist.
#2. You certainly have made any evidence of a god plain or clear nor is there any sign or indication of a god (unless you count those who say they saw your Jesus in grilled cheese sammies and on Goldfish crackers)
#3. That definition doesn't apply to this discussion.
#4. Again- nothing has been made clear, no god has manifested him/her/itself, nothing has been shown clearly.
#5. Your belief has no evidence to support it.
ANYONE could say they have EVIDENCE of ANYTHING- that doesn't mean they really do nor does it mean that they aren't substituting the word "evidence" for what it REALLY is- a BELIEF.
I think you're intentionally missing the point.

The point is; I can't prove God, of course. But that doesn't mean He isn't real.

-JUST LIKE-

You can't prove you love your man, of course. That doesn't mean you don't love him.

And don't bother with the "I'm not trying to prove I love my man" crap 'cuz I ain't trying to prove God to you..

It's the point, OCB. The point.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#622344 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What "same things"?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#622345 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. That's why all their freethoughts are the same...
Adam and Eve ring a bell?

Noah's ark?

Resurrection?

Died for our sins?

Walked on water?

Turned water to wine?

Loaves and fishes?

Yeah.

WE all think alike.

But not you all. Oh no. Not you all.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#622346 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's right. Only words are in the bible.
Words written by men.

Flawed, ignorant, mortal men.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#622347 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It's crazy that such a small percentage of Americans (.07%) can be so noisy...
Right makes might.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#622348 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Awwww.... Can I get you a "liberal" amount of tissues?

Same things like what?

Are atheists plastering our symbol all over the place?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#622349 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ah...

You put limitations on the words in the bible but no limitations on the words of a science book.

Very biased of you.
The words in science books change when better ones come along.

The bible just keeps on with error after error no matter what new knowledge is gained.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#622350 May 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
Oops!
#2. You certainly have *NOT*( I repeat-*NOT) made any evidence of a god......
Did you mean "NOT"?

Please clarify.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min ROCCO 64,283
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Steve III 45,259
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min bad bob 183,189
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Steve III 654,272
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Jake999 281,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min DebraE 106,579
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,594
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 5 hr andy 46
More from around the web