“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#622397 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it.
You know you don't think.
I don't think on the same wavelength as you, because I think in the 21st century!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#622399 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an answer, let's try again:
why do you assume that we "have to" provide anything to you or anyone else?
If you do not provide evidence, you cannot use your claim as fact.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#622400 May 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you say science is shrinking God?
Wishful thinking on your part anyway!
Geesh, wish you all would make up your minds. Ur sidekick timmy says science has nothing to do with GOD.
Science is shrinking your hard on for god.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#622401 May 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to help ma'am, truly sorry for the miss-identification.
"The project's scientists used tiny specks of powdered bone retrieved from three Neanderthal females who died in a Croatian cave more than 40,000 years ago to complete the draft of the Neanderthal genome. They then compared the genes to those of modern humans living today in five different regions of the world: France, Papua New Guinea, China, and southern and northern Africa.
The research concluded that humans living today carry between 1 and 4 percent of Neanderthal genes that carry the code for proteins in our bodies. Those genes must have entered our lineage sometime during a 50,000-year period when the Neanderthals and humans left Africa through the Middle East and spread throughout Europe and Asia. The Neanderthals became extinct about 30,000 years ago.
The complete genomes of the Neanderthals and modern humans, whose lineages separated from some unknown common ancestor at least 400,000 years ago, are 99.5 percent identical. They are, in fact, our closest evolutionary relatives. By comparison, humans and chimpanzees share 98 percent of their genes.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/03/...
"In 2010, Svante Pääbo’s lab announced a draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome (Green et al. 2010). This new study has produced evidence consistent with interbreeding between Neanderthals and anatomically modern Homo sapiens and points to aspects of the human genome that may have changed since the split between humans and Neanderthals...."
"....Neanderthals have contributed approximately 1% to 4% to the genomes of non-African modern humans. This evidence of interbreeding sheds light on how we think of the expansion of modern humans out of Africa. It refutes the strictest scenario in which anatomically modern humans replaced archaic hominins completely without any interbreeding. However, even with some interbreeding between moderns and archaic hominins, most of our genome still derives from Africa."
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/...
The above link is to page 3 of a 6 page document,it has MUCH scientific evidence to tell about and its worth reading the whole thing....not that long really. The site is for Smithsonian Institute.
"Some 200,000 years ago, our ancestors evolved in East Africa. They spread throughout the rest of the continent and then moved out into Asia and Europe. As they journeyed along coastlines and over mountains, they encountered Neanderthals and other human relatives. And at least once in a while, they had sex.
We don’t know the prurient details of those encounters, although it is possible that someday Reich and other scientists will be able to fill in a few of them. But the work Reich has done already leaves no doubt that interbreeding was a major feature of human evolution. Billions of people carry sizable chunks of DNA from Neanderthals and other archaic human relatives."
http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/14-int...
The above link to Discover magazine is a 5 page article that is very well written and again has tremendous information, but you can get the gist of it in the first page or two.
I have much more....some very interesting stuff going on in archaeology and paleoanthropology the last few years
Quite interesting! I have plenty to read tonight looks like!

Thanks so much...and no peon on this misidentification...I get that a lot. Not sure why.:)

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#622402 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is our 'common ancestor'?
The theory of evolution hinges on the idea that all life came from one life. What life is that?
Since that question has never been answered, how could it be taught in a basic biology class?
Oh, that's right. I'm being childish and ignorant and I should just "believe" in evolution like you do.
No R R you would childish and ignorant, it has nothing to do with the study of biology. It has everything to do with your biology.
People do not believe in evolution or biology, they do study these things though. Do you believe in math?

“I speak my mind”

#622403 May 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>As would you if you were looking for the flip side of the coin. So? There are idiots in every group.
Indeed there are...won't argue that at all!

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#622404 May 8, 2013
lynn wrote:
God exists but it's up to you to decide!
Ok I decided god does not exist.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#622405 May 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Science is shrinking your hard on for god.
This coming from a simpleton who is sexually deprived from his shrinking Aura Mytha penis.

“I speak my mind”

#622406 May 8, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I mean, I didn't just make it up.
No...but you changed what I said...which completely averted the attention from what I said and the conversation then became focused on "creation science". Nice dodge.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#622407 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya....
Science books are written by men.
Flawed, ignorant, mortal men.
Yes they are mortal, and they probably are flawed in some human way, but I would not call them ignorant.

Just my opinion you understand.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#622408 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the atheist "skydaddy" belief.
The freethinkers teach each other how to freethink, so long as they freethink the same.
lol. That's about it.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#622409 May 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you don;t know anything about me.
I don't believe in deities or fairy-tales.
I don't know anything about you ?
Yes I do, you live in Australia, and your state is N.S.W.
Also don't mistake not understanding something with "I don't believe". it makes you look a little dumb.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#622410 May 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you don;t know anything about me.
I don't believe in deities or fairy-tales.
If you didn't believe in deities than you wouldn't be on this thread.
Your just looking for some understanding, that's cool, don't be embarrassed, we are here to help.
Just leave your ego at the front door, it works much better that way.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#622411 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is y'all always changing the goalposts?
Me: "Not all doctors are qualified or competent."
Y'all: "PRAYING ISN'T BETTER!!!!!"
O_o
What?

Location hidden

#622412 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists spend an inordinate amount of time arguing against the possibility of a God they claim they don't believe exists.
I don't see them trying to disprove leprechauns or Santa Claus, but they sure do seem to spend a lot of time trying to disprove God.
Imagine that
Which has been explained to you time and time again. Either you are dishonest, or you have the memory of a fruit fly.

Location hidden

#622413 May 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never convince Truth of the truth.
He already has it.
Just ask him.
Indeed.

Location hidden

#622414 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Siiigh...
There's no evidence *TO YOU*....
I have evidence of God. Billions of other have, too.
It's exactly what I've been talking about - that you have evidence you love your husband, but you CANNOT prove it or share it.
Billions have also had evidence of zeus, allah, etc. But I know, it's just not the same. Your revelations are better than their revelations.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#622415 May 8, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a simpleton who is sexually deprived from his shrinking Aura Mytha penis.
Yes I'm deprived from your homo erotic fantasy of giant god dick.

Location hidden

#622416 May 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I see Santa clause every Christmas, even in elementary schools. Y'all start young.
I learned about leprechauns and evolution in school.
I have to explain to my kids why SSM is a big deal nowadays.
I have to see marijuana ads circulated everywhere & on every TV and radio station.
Etc, etc.
I would refer you to the Louis CK bit about parents who complain about explaining SSM to their children.

1:15 is the relevant part.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#622417 May 8, 2013
You ignorant unbelieving atheists want PROOF that the Lord is REAL?? Go to the zoo....and just look around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Facts Not Fiction 36,157
How did black people get here ( economically) 1 hr Johnny 58
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 688,468
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 3 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
We do NOT need any walls! 17 hr Johnny 31
More from around the web