“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621778 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.
Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.
There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.
All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.
You're right...there are billions who doubt the bible. As for the book of faith, well, there actually is evidence to back up many of the people and places spoken of in that book. Much of it, yes, is controversial, because it cannot be tested or proven. The thing about that book, though, is it is filled with information like no other book ever published. It,was written thousands of years ago and is comprised of books written by many authors over a very long span of time. You don't have to believe it...but to disregard it as fairy tale because you can't prove it....well, I think that's preposterous. It's an amazing piece of work and you limit yourself if you refuse to study it's contents, whether you believe or not.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#621779 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach them how to manage their diseases....how to be healthy. Has nothing to do with morals. if you think it's a wasted life, helping someone who is sick to get better and become healthy, then I feel sorry for you.
I applaude you for your dedication in the medical field, i have a sister who started out at the bottom of the ladder in a nursing home been there over 20 years,and now she has been a RN for over 10 years and still works there. Although somewhat of a different fiels but still.

“I speak my mind”

#621780 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So .. you have not studied the human body.
Indeed I have. It's amazing and to think it came about by mere chance and circumstance is just completely unimaginable to me.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621781 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
"So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way."
You work at a Dodge dealership, huh?
Since you are incapable of comprehending simple language, I will explain it a little:

Knowing how we developed as a species tells us where the illnesses and genetic flaws come from, allowing use to isolate them, and eventually correct them.

If you need more clarification ask a real biologist.
LineDazzle

Mold, UK

#621782 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
The Bible is about integrity, kiddo. The Bible is about violence and action being at the right times, and when to use violence and when not to. It is about integrity, and doing what is best for people, kid.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621783 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed I have. It's amazing and to think it came about by mere chance and circumstance is just completely unimaginable to me.
Well, since nothing in the scientific field, including the theory of evolution, suggest that it was by chance, meh. But circumstance is the very essence of why humanity is what it is today.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621784 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies, so many:
1. In the scientific community there is no controversy in the theory, simply in some minor details, none of which come close to human evolution.
2. A scientific theory is never going to be called a "fact," because facts are evidence and theories are based on evidence, they are not evidence. Two very different aspects and concepts.
3. For something to be called a theory by scientists, there can be no guesswork.
1. Then why do they describe it as accepted by the majority of the scientific community?

2. Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true”.

2a. Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts.

3. Ya right. Here's an awesome guess:

"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621785 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are incapable of comprehending simple language, I will explain it a little:
Knowing how we developed as a species tells us where the illnesses and genetic flaws come from, allowing use to isolate them, and eventually correct them.
If you need more clarification ask a real biologist.
Uh-huh...

And what's that got to do with being "happy and healthy" or "if you want to die of a preventable illness...remain with mythology"??

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#621786 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry....what?
Right.....you go ahead and play that little game. Lol
LineDazzle

Mold, UK

#621787 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:
TSI wrote:
"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."
After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.
Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.
Live in the moment, boy. Nothing wrong with spending time pondering something, nothing is all a rush.
LineDazzle

Mold, UK

#621788 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>hehe- TSI said it first!
:-D
Why turned on so quickly? Been a little promiscurious behind your moms back? A bit dirty of you!

What a horrid child you are! What a dirty little boy!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621789 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Then why do they describe it as accepted by the majority of the scientific community?
2. Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true”.
2a. Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts.
3. Ya right. Here's an awesome guess:
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
1. Because it is.

2. Repeating what I said still makes your original post wrong.

3. Not a guess, it's what the evidence demonstrates.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621790 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
And what's that got to do with being "happy and healthy" or "if you want to die of a preventable illness...remain with mythology"??
Because mythology tells us that goat's blood splashed on a sick person will cure them, while science gives us actual cures.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621791 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right...there are billions who doubt the bible. As for the book of faith, well, there actually is evidence to back up many of the people and places spoken of in that book. Much of it, yes, is controversial, because it cannot be tested or proven. The thing about that book, though, is it is filled with information like no other book ever published. It,was written thousands of years ago and is comprised of books written by many authors over a very long span of time. You don't have to believe it...but to disregard it as fairy tale because you can't prove it....well, I think that's preposterous. It's an amazing piece of work and you limit yourself if you refuse to study it's contents, whether you believe or not.
There is NO evidence to back up the man=dust or rib=woman nonsense. That IS what we were discussing, wasn't it- the origin of human life?

Don't lecture me as to what is in the bible and don't talk down to me either.

I've READ the bible in its entirety. Some nice STORIES, some nice fairy tales, some nice parables.

Some really NOT nice stuff as well which shows the bible god to be angry, wrathful, jealous, vindictive, vengeful, mean and petty.

And gee- LOTS of fairy tales are amazing and do allow the imagination to take off on flights of fancy which is nice if one accepts that that is what fairy tales are- tales spun about that which is impossible.

So- I guess you're stumped, huh? I say that since you haven't explained just HOW dust could be turned into a man and just HOW a rib could be turned into a woman.

Yeah- I know- "magic" or "don't question god" or "just because" or any other NON-answers which I do understand since the bible is totally devoid of any logic- just like every other fairy tale.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621792 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Right.....you go ahead and play that little game. Lol
I'm sorry....what?

“I speak my mind”

#621793 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
1. Lol...lets see...all the time, money, and research spent on evolution...that'd be a starting point. just my opinion though...I won't state that as fact. Y'all may be on to something.
2. I didn't assume, nor did I state that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible. I also did not say the bible was the authority on those. I stated that I teach those principles from the bible and see no harm in it. You are making the assumptions...I didn't. As for all the war, hatred, killing, etc...yes, it's there too. Had the writers left out the truth, the "good book" would serve no purpose here. Yet, it has and continues to do so.
3. You don't know what you're missing...and yes...I am saddened that billions don't believe.
4. I have no earthly clue how dust man and rib woman occurred. I have never pretended or claimed to know either. I believe based on faith...kinda the same faith you have in that Unknown, unseen common ancestor we have.

"Utter bilge"...well...that's an interesting way to put it.

“I speak my mind”

#621794 May 6, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaude you for your dedication in the medical field, i have a sister who started out at the bottom of the ladder in a nursing home been there over 20 years,and now she has been a RN for over 10 years and still works there. Although somewhat of a different fiels but still.
Thank you! I applaud her. Nurses in a nursing home have a very difficult job and rarely get the praise they deserve!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621795 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm one of those billions of uneducated ignorant evolution deniers.
Yes but we knew that.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#621796 May 6, 2013
Ahhhh! We have a new winner for most likely to post like a broken record. Lets all congratulate OCB !~applauding~

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621797 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- let's try this: If you believe that the first man was created from dust, just exactly how did THAT happen?
And if you believe the first woman was created from a rib of the first man, exactly how did THAT happen?
Bible thumpers not only like to shove their beliefs down the throats of others, they do so with thinking THEY have it all figured out and that anyone who thinks differently is the "anti-Christ".
So do tell, TSI- just HOW did your god go about creating a man from DUST and then creating a woman from a RIB of the first man?
This ought to be good......
You have play patty cakes with a mudpie man and then blow some snot into it. I may not come alive but it will make everybody run away?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 175,592
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 7 min barrettj69 231
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min USA Born 559,269
SEAL U.S.BORDERS-Cults! 12 min SEAL OUR BORDERS-... 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min lovewithin 39,340
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min MUQ1 37,803
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 33 min fordracer92 33
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Dr_Zorderz 265,055
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min Peace_Warrior 604,892
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr joe 441,761
More from around the web