“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621723 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Have done, done/did...<throws hands up> I've made a grammatical error...how will I ever recover? Lol...I'm southern...we speak a lot of slang and tend to make these grammar mistakes on occasion. Thanks for pointing that out...I stand corrected!:)
Not when you make a claim that you had done research, because to do research your reading comprehension must at least be on par with mine. Most of my typos are actually keyboard related, typically caused by shifting between code to English mode. Slang is simply an excuse for not being educated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621724 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it wouldn't bother me at all if it were true...but I highly doubt it is and when people state that it's fact that we share a common ancestor and then go on about chromosome fusing as a means to support it...well..it just gets under my skin a little. I mean do you fully understand what you claim you believe? You keep insisting we didn't descend from apes...yet the most compelling evidence that evolutionist have to date is the chromosome fusion 2 model. let me help you out....
This molecular model involves the hypothetical fusion of two small acrocentric chimpanzee-like chromosomes (2A and 2B) at some ancient point in the human evolutionary lineage. From this fusion, is where the human lineage supposedly separated from the apes and came about. If that is in fact the case, then YES, we would be the direct result of a chimpanzee...or at least chimpanzee-like chromosomes.
Don't get all frustrated for goodness sake. I'm just trying to,get a clear picture of what y'all really think here. I mean, heck, it's your belief not mine.
Now I know you are lying in your first sentence, because if it would not bother you at all you'd consider all the evidence, not just one portion. Even if one bit of evidence is incorrect, and in this case you cannot demonstrate how it is incorrect, the rest of the evidence is still valid. All the evidence points to common ancestor, all of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621725 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then use an uninformed judgment.
Like Kirk told Spock, "Take a guess"
You described how religious "answers" are formed.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#621726 May 6, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Yeah its soooo much easier to hate each other than to love each other , huh guys? right? just by reading everyones post I can see that.
They started it!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621727 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, "atypical" Christians aren't.
That reduces your numbers by well over 50%.
Makes you a minority, doesn't it?
No dude, WBC is not 50% of Christians...

Since: May 11

UK

#621728 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, by all means debate these two misfits arguments with evidence that clearly refutes and debunks their claims. I'm game to listen.
Listen to this....

You have pulled out a spurious `argument from authority`. so don`t whine when your authorities are examined and found wanting.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621729 May 6, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Science debunks itself...but isn`t there a conspiracy to promote evolution? Would science debunk itself if it was invested in certain facts being true? You know like CMI or The Institute for creation research...
So good of you to make the distinction between creationists and scientists...saved me the trouble.
Nah, I don't think there's a conspiracy to promote evolution. It is what is. Darwin, a very intelligent man, threw some well thought out theories out there and many, who choose not believe in God, Allah, whatever, just latched on to the concepts. They fit for some, not for others. Let me state my position here...I believe in God...but I get why many don't. I'm simply engaging in debate. For the record, I have a great deal of respect for science, although I am very skeptical about many of the theories.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621730 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, that'd be your little theories....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621731 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...that's been debunked by SCIENTIST...not creationist.
http://news.discovery.com/history/missing-lin...
There's no debunking , there is just not enough supportive evidence. It very well maybe a human predecessor, but it is thought to be too old, but whatever the hominids came from is in that category, or nothing has yet been found of it. The hominids certainly didn't jump out a hole in the ground , they came from some type tetrapod. Or perhaps your god created the first Australopithecus and it was called Adam.
But that's the same as saying it jumped out a hole in the ground.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#621732 May 6, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Yeah its soooo much easier to hate each other than to love each other , huh guys? right? just by reading everyones post I can see that.
Said Nobody ever

“I speak my mind”

#621733 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when you make a claim that you had done research, because to do research your reading comprehension must at least be on par with mine. Most of my typos are actually keyboard related, typically caused by shifting between code to English mode. Slang is simply an excuse for not being educated.
No, that simply isn't true. I actually have an education. I work in a highly uneducated, poverty stricken area of the world. I have to speak in a manner that puts myself on their level, in order to teach them how to properly care for themselves and their family members. I'll admit, my lack of use of a good vocabulary over time, because the uneducated don't understand the words, has changed the way I speak. But don't confuse my slang or inappropriate grammar as a lack of intelligence. I assure you, I'm no genius, but I'm far from uneducated. Your need to denigrate reflects your character, not my intelligence.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#621734 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the "educated Guess" aka Hypothesis? are you absolutely 100 percent sure with those? Or kinda sure? Or somewhere around? Close to? Estimated?
Come on.... What's your guess?

Since: May 11

UK

#621735 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I don't think there's a conspiracy to promote evolution. It is what is. Darwin, a very intelligent man, threw some well thought out theories out there and many, who choose not believe in God, Allah, whatever, just latched on to the concepts. They fit for some, not for others. Let me state my position here...I believe in God...but I get why many don't. I'm simply engaging in debate. For the record, I have a great deal of respect for science, although I am very skeptical about many of the theories.
...you are aware that a theory when applied to science is of greater importance than fact?

“I speak my mind”

#621736 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know you are lying in your first sentence, because if it would not bother you at all you'd consider all the evidence, not just one portion. Even if one bit of evidence is incorrect, and in this case you cannot demonstrate how it is incorrect, the rest of the evidence is still valid. All the evidence points to common ancestor, all of it.
I've joked about it in the past, but seriously...what difference would it make if my ancestors were apes? It's not like I could be singled out as a lone ape...if it's true...we all are. My problem isn't a concern that I may come from a line of chimpanzees...it's simply that I don't personally believe we did. And if we did, then I want to know how the apes got here. That's pretty simple I think. I mean if you're gonna shove evolution done my kids throats, then at least tell them where the doggone apes came from. Don't confuse them into thinking you have it all figured out and the rest of world is idiots, when the is, you don't.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621737 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...that's been debunked by SCIENTIST...not creationist.
http://news.discovery.com/history/missing-lin...
BTW that is a rabid fundie site "the disco institute"
Ida isn't a lemur , it's teeth and nails prove it isn't.
But it is so old and far in age from the hominids , there's nothing
between to show it became a hominid.
But Ida is not on the lemur line because she lacks two key characteristics shared by lemurs a grooming claw on her second toe and a fused set of teeth called a tooth comb.
This is what I was talking about, these people know they are lying when they say it is a lemur. It isn't its a primate and very well could be our ancestor.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621738 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that simply isn't true. I actually have an education. I work in a highly uneducated, poverty stricken area of the world. I have to speak in a manner that puts myself on their level, in order to teach them how to properly care for themselves and their family members. I'll admit, my lack of use of a good vocabulary over time, because the uneducated don't understand the words, has changed the way I speak. But don't confuse my slang or inappropriate grammar as a lack of intelligence. I assure you, I'm no genius, but I'm far from uneducated. Your need to denigrate reflects your character, not my intelligence.
Do you wish to focus on yourself still, not surprising as that is what your god is, part of your own ego. But here's the thing, being educated is more than the piece of paper you earn, it is what you learn through the instruction and study. Most school teachers are less than educated, Kent Hovind being a perfect example of a very uneducated school teacher. But that was not my original point so meh. The original point being that if you had actually learned about evolution, I mean looked at the actual evidence, all of it, and not just some blog/vlog online, you'd know that there is no evidence that does not support the theory of evolution in all of biology, archeology, and even geology. You would also know that the theory of evolution has also helped us in developing new technology, nature may make a lot of mistakes, but if it was intelligent it's mechanisms would produce perfection, which is what we're doing with them now.

The problem is when you take one little "doubt," one that's probably got a lot of evidence backing it up, and use that as a means to discredit a theory, you enter the realm of conspiracy nuttery as well as religiously fueled ignorance, you leave the realm of science and reality. Not because of the doubt, but because you did not actually look into the matter well.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621739 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I've joked about it in the past, but seriously...what difference would it make if my ancestors were apes? It's not like I could be singled out as a lone ape...if it's true...we all are. My problem isn't a concern that I may come from a line of chimpanzees...it's simply that I don't personally believe we did. And if we did, then I want to know how the apes got here. That's pretty simple I think. I mean if you're gonna shove evolution done my kids throats, then at least tell them where the doggone apes came from. Don't confuse them into thinking you have it all figured out and the rest of world is idiots, when the is, you don't.
A lot, medically. If you want better medical treatment, longer and healthier life, you need to know first and foremost ... how the body was formed. The irony being that the "who" is of no importance at all, they could claim it was some magical pixie, but that's not important, it's the "how" that matters, and science answers the how very well. Knowing where organs originated, what purpose they once served, if they continue to serve a purpose, and how our bodies became what they are will allow us to cure more illnesses (most importantly AIDS and cancer right now), and how to improve our lifespans, no one wants to die too soon. Knowing our genetic lineage will help us to discover where the genes are that produce genetic illnesses, and possibly eliminate those from our species in the future. Knowing our closest ancestors offers us sources for biological material that could save lives. There are a lot of people walking around with pigs' hearts now, knowing how close they are to us lead us to realize that they could save the lives of people needing new hearts and how to accomplish that successfully.

So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way.

“I speak my mind”

#621740 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There's no debunking , there is just not enough supportive evidence. It very well maybe a human predecessor, but it is thought to be too old, but whatever the hominids came from is in that category, or nothing has yet been found of it. The hominids certainly didn't jump out a hole in the ground , they came from some type tetrapod. Or perhaps your god created the first Australopithecus and it was called Adam.
But that's the same as saying it jumped out a hole in the ground.
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)

“I speak my mind”

#621741 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> BTW that is a rabid fundie site "the disco institute"
Ida isn't a lemur , it's teeth and nails prove it isn't.
But it is so old and far in age from the hominids , there's nothing
between to show it became a hominid.
But Ida is not on the lemur line because she lacks two key characteristics shared by lemurs a grooming claw on her second toe and a fused set of teeth called a tooth comb.
This is what I was talking about, these people know they are lying when they say it is a lemur. It isn't its a primate and very well could be our ancestor.
it's the discovery news site. it's not a rabid fundie site. Please

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621742 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the discovery news site. it's not a rabid fundie site. Please
Not a "fundie" site, no, but it's far from scientific. It's still mainstream media, and still bloated with commentary and improperly worded explanations of things. Discovery is known for misrepresenting the facts on numerous occasions, the only way to get the actual facts is to read the actual scientific papers though, as no news source will ever be accurate on all such matters. This is what I am talking about when I call you uneducated, you don't know your sources, you should always verify those, always.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min ChromiuMan 5,471
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min RADEKT 261,687
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 4,781
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 548,735
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 9 min Dubai Massage 055... 118
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min waaasssuuup 441,441
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min AnnieJ 602,188
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristineM 230,023

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE