Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#622144 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Constitutional rights go away at school?
In some cases, yes. You can be searched without probable cause, for instance.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#622145 May 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Second law creationist arguments are founded in complete stupidity. Sorry even the smarter creationists are aware of this.
Hmmm...well, clearly your sole intent and purpose is to belittle me. If that's what does it for ya...have fun.:(

“I speak my mind”

#622146 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
My plotting out of the numbers in that post went totally wrong....let me try to straighten up that mess.
Last I heard there were:
2.1 billion 'Christians'
1.8 billion 'Muslims'
1.1 billion non-religious/no religion/atheist/agnostic
900,000 Hindus
etc, etc.
The 100% of science organizations supporting evolution stands
The Catholic priests screwing children stands. All over the world there are reports of this. I don't think it is just a modern eccentricity. In all populations there is a certain percentage of pedophiles to be found, and the church is an ideal breeding place for them. Think celibacy and priestly privilege.
The drops in attendance at churches stands.
I'll have to say...this post did make a little more sense. I'll agree with all of it. I support evolution myself...just not the Darwinist TOE on the evolution of man.

“I speak my mind”

#622147 May 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my Darwin. I'm done. I can't do this anymore. You just said evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics.
LOL..."Oh my Darwin"....I positively LOVE it! If I were an evolutionist I would SOOO use that!

OK...I said I'd revisit the issue, only reading scientific sites...don't lose your drawers yet!

Location hidden

#622148 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps...but intelligent none the less. His theories have resulted in a widespread belief that we have an ancestral line which includes apes. Gotta credit the man...even if he was just a good salesman...he sold his train of thought and sold it well!
The nice thing about science is that I don't have to take the word of the scientists. The evidence is there for all of us to examine.

Location hidden

#622149 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
A little self awareness would help you realize how insulting that sentiment is.

Location hidden

#622150 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
Also, knowing that we are all connected inspires much more compassion in me that the notion of an angry god in the sky judging my every move.

Location hidden

#622151 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not a teacher, but in my profession, which is in healthcare, I do teach. Next, my degree required that I study biology, physics, genetics, forensics, chemistry...and much more...I'm not just some google researcher...and I actually attended college before online course were even available. However, I have sold most of my books, so I do tend to rely on the Internet these days....You have seriously misjudged me.
The controversy surrounding evolution is hardly the result of one little doubt. Billions of people doubt evolution. Surely, you aren't gonna blame this on one little doubt. there are hole and missing links...that's the bottom line and it's not my fault, so why lash out at me.
You're right, the controversy has nothing to do with doubt. It has to do with a religion that contradicts the evidence, and the strange way in which humans react to two conflicting pieces of information.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#622153 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...well, clearly your sole intent and purpose is to belittle me. If that's what does it for ya...have fun.:(
If you try to use blatant stupidity and hold it as a banner, then yes I will, Do not try to use lies to defend your stronghold and keep.
Other than that I really try to like everyone, I give that my best shot, and many people are my friend from all walks and belief.
I care not your belief, but will not listen to stupid garbage as truth. I think you are fine person, who defends belief , sometimes from an ignorant position. But a great person none the less.

Just do not try to use creationist garbage science and you will shine like the diamond.

“I speak my mind”

#622154 May 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you like... super fragile or something? I haven't attacked you once, and every time I respond to you you act as if I spent my entire post calling you an idiot. I have attacked (probably too strong a word) your ideas, not you as a person. Big difference.
Scientists do not "uphold" evolution because it is politically correct, they do so because the evidence points to common descent. If there was a legitimate disproof of evolution, it would be front page news.
No...to be honest, I'm not fragile at all. Okay...so we differ in opinion. It happens...clearly...right? I actually don't recall what you and I were debating in the first place and it takes forever to go back and find posts on here, so...we'll start over from here...cause I already know I'm gonna adore you...even if you did ATTACK me and my ideas...cause I love..."oh my Darwin"...

Okay...now on to scientists and evolution. It's possible you are right....it is also possible you are wrong. Due to the stigma placed on scientists who don't walk the straight narrow path of evolution, you have no means of FACTUALLY knowing what you say is true. If you want to debate that...it's fine...but keep in mind...you're IN the box and I'm outside. When you look at good scientific evidence and find it has been trashed simply because it was placed on a creationist website...it's a fairly telltale sign, there's some serious pressure on scientist to remain quiet about what they believe...it's just...what it is.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#622155 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to say...this post did make a little more sense. I'll agree with all of it. I support evolution myself...just not the Darwinist TOE on the evolution of man.
You think man was created by a God??

Location hidden

#622156 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Then why do they describe it as accepted by the majority of the scientific community?
2. Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true”.
2a. Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts.
3. Ya right. Here's an awesome guess:
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
Evolution - fact. Theory of evolution - explanation of this fact.

“I speak my mind”

#622157 May 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree TSI. The study of evolution is an intriguing thing and those theories have had a hold on me since childhood. I have a vast collection of fossilized fish, trilobites, amber embedded insects from the pre Jurassic era, ferns, etc etc. I have a collection of iron meteorites that may have been around since the near beginning of our know time.
I too have had the same amount of skepticism of some of the theories of evolution just as I have also had some skepticism of the Bible as well. But still I search for and continue in my evlotionary studies and search and continue in my spiritual studies as well. I have never belived those two to be mutually exclusive.
Al.....I'm fairly certain we share a common ancestor!!!:)

I don't have the fossils...but ditto on the rest!

Location hidden

#622158 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
And what's that got to do with being "happy and healthy" or "if you want to die of a preventable illness...remain with mythology"??
You've never heard of those brilliant individuals who prefer to pray for god's intervention instead of go to the hospital? This sometimes results in death.

Location hidden

#622159 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this one. I promise, I'll never budge. I will never accept that animals, the human body, even bacteria are the result of pure circumstance. Far too complex, far too amazing. Not once, in all the studies ever done has there been an instance where a living cell, much less a complex living cell, was produced from nothing, just by circumstance. if it had happened just once, I might be inclined to believe it. but it hasn't...ever.
It's just a little bit hard to recreate the conditions and time scales involved in the beginning of life on early earth.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#622160 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any particular evidence as to why H. sapiens should be excluded from an otherwise universal law?

Location hidden

#622161 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
The Second Law of thermodynamics applies to all systems, open or closed. The law states, that "the entropy of an "isolated" system does not decrease". It doesn't say "closed". In the natural sciences an isolated system is a physical system without any external exchange – neither matter nor energy can enter or exit, but can only move around inside. Truly isolated systems cannot exist in nature. The Second Law prohibits any functioning biological mechanism from falling together by pure chance, without assistance or plan, using only the properties of matter.
I'm neither uneducated nor a liar.
That was a typo...my mistake. I meant to type Abiogenesis. Shall I quote that? Doubt it...surely you realize...it doesn't happen.
I supplied a link re: chromosome 2 that provides excellent scientific data ( http://creation.com/chromosome-2-fusion-2 )...if you're too closed minded to read it or simply fear you don't possess the intelligence to argue it...then that isn't my problem.
The 2nd law has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

Location hidden

#622163 May 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were "fully" accepted...then how do you explain the billions of people who still believe in God or a god? Karl...try to at least be realistic here.
Why does evolution have to be opposed to your belief in god? If I were religious, I would go with the old "god drove evolution" argument. It's more reasonable in light of the evidence. Evolution either happened or was made to look like it happened.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#622164 May 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
fight back
this coming from the excrement out a pigs a$$.

“I speak my mind”

#622165 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a position held by some people that a god created what was necessary to start evolution then floated away. They are Deists.
I think the paleoanthropologists have narrowed our human common ancestor(MRCA)to one of about three possible early hominids.
I believe that the Universal Common Ancestor (UCA) hasn't been identified either....I doubt it is dirt though..:-)
LOL...probably not...but presently...it could be about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Insults Are Easier 47,958
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Toby 105,585
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 18 min A GILBREATH 159
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 32 min Halle Berry Sister 3,676
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min hojo 646,363
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 45 min Jpfresh 32
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 54 min WasteWater 2,014
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Brian_G 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
More from around the web