LineDazzle

Mold, UK

#621788 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>hehe- TSI said it first!
:-D
Why turned on so quickly? Been a little promiscurious behind your moms back? A bit dirty of you!

What a horrid child you are! What a dirty little boy!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621789 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Then why do they describe it as accepted by the majority of the scientific community?
2. Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true”.
2a. Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts.
3. Ya right. Here's an awesome guess:
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
1. Because it is.

2. Repeating what I said still makes your original post wrong.

3. Not a guess, it's what the evidence demonstrates.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621790 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
And what's that got to do with being "happy and healthy" or "if you want to die of a preventable illness...remain with mythology"??
Because mythology tells us that goat's blood splashed on a sick person will cure them, while science gives us actual cures.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621791 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right...there are billions who doubt the bible. As for the book of faith, well, there actually is evidence to back up many of the people and places spoken of in that book. Much of it, yes, is controversial, because it cannot be tested or proven. The thing about that book, though, is it is filled with information like no other book ever published. It,was written thousands of years ago and is comprised of books written by many authors over a very long span of time. You don't have to believe it...but to disregard it as fairy tale because you can't prove it....well, I think that's preposterous. It's an amazing piece of work and you limit yourself if you refuse to study it's contents, whether you believe or not.
There is NO evidence to back up the man=dust or rib=woman nonsense. That IS what we were discussing, wasn't it- the origin of human life?

Don't lecture me as to what is in the bible and don't talk down to me either.

I've READ the bible in its entirety. Some nice STORIES, some nice fairy tales, some nice parables.

Some really NOT nice stuff as well which shows the bible god to be angry, wrathful, jealous, vindictive, vengeful, mean and petty.

And gee- LOTS of fairy tales are amazing and do allow the imagination to take off on flights of fancy which is nice if one accepts that that is what fairy tales are- tales spun about that which is impossible.

So- I guess you're stumped, huh? I say that since you haven't explained just HOW dust could be turned into a man and just HOW a rib could be turned into a woman.

Yeah- I know- "magic" or "don't question god" or "just because" or any other NON-answers which I do understand since the bible is totally devoid of any logic- just like every other fairy tale.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621792 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Right.....you go ahead and play that little game. Lol
I'm sorry....what?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621793 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
1. Lol...lets see...all the time, money, and research spent on evolution...that'd be a starting point. just my opinion though...I won't state that as fact. Y'all may be on to something.
2. I didn't assume, nor did I state that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible. I also did not say the bible was the authority on those. I stated that I teach those principles from the bible and see no harm in it. You are making the assumptions...I didn't. As for all the war, hatred, killing, etc...yes, it's there too. Had the writers left out the truth, the "good book" would serve no purpose here. Yet, it has and continues to do so.
3. You don't know what you're missing...and yes...I am saddened that billions don't believe.
4. I have no earthly clue how dust man and rib woman occurred. I have never pretended or claimed to know either. I believe based on faith...kinda the same faith you have in that Unknown, unseen common ancestor we have.

"Utter bilge"...well...that's an interesting way to put it.

“I speak my mind”

#621794 May 6, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaude you for your dedication in the medical field, i have a sister who started out at the bottom of the ladder in a nursing home been there over 20 years,and now she has been a RN for over 10 years and still works there. Although somewhat of a different fiels but still.
Thank you! I applaud her. Nurses in a nursing home have a very difficult job and rarely get the praise they deserve!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621795 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm one of those billions of uneducated ignorant evolution deniers.
Yes but we knew that.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#621796 May 6, 2013
Ahhhh! We have a new winner for most likely to post like a broken record. Lets all congratulate OCB !~applauding~

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#621797 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- let's try this: If you believe that the first man was created from dust, just exactly how did THAT happen?
And if you believe the first woman was created from a rib of the first man, exactly how did THAT happen?
Bible thumpers not only like to shove their beliefs down the throats of others, they do so with thinking THEY have it all figured out and that anyone who thinks differently is the "anti-Christ".
So do tell, TSI- just HOW did your god go about creating a man from DUST and then creating a woman from a RIB of the first man?
This ought to be good......
You have play patty cakes with a mudpie man and then blow some snot into it. I may not come alive but it will make everybody run away?

At Ricky Dicky land

#621798 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I'm a halfwitt, bush wackin, loser who loves to rearrange peoples posts because I'm not smart enough to comment otherwise on my own.
Noooo.....ya think?

“I speak my mind”

#621799 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since nothing in the scientific field, including the theory of evolution, suggest that it was by chance, meh. But circumstance is the very essence of why humanity is what it is today.
Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this one. I promise, I'll never budge. I will never accept that animals, the human body, even bacteria are the result of pure circumstance. Far too complex, far too amazing. Not once, in all the studies ever done has there been an instance where a living cell, much less a complex living cell, was produced from nothing, just by circumstance. if it had happened just once, I might be inclined to believe it. but it hasn't...ever.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#621800 May 6, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is about integrity, kiddo. The Bible is about violence and action being at the right times, and when to use violence and when not to. It is about integrity, and doing what is best for people, kid.
Yeah like when to sacrifice your son and throw babies off the walls against the rocks and kill everyone in the city.
Eat the flesh and drink the blood of the zombie and praise the lawd and pass the ammunition!

“I speak my mind”

#621801 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO evidence to back up the man=dust or rib=woman nonsense. That IS what we were discussing, wasn't it- the origin of human life?
Don't lecture me as to what is in the bible and don't talk down to me either.
I've READ the bible in its entirety. Some nice STORIES, some nice fairy tales, some nice parables.
Some really NOT nice stuff as well which shows the bible god to be angry, wrathful, jealous, vindictive, vengeful, mean and petty.
And gee- LOTS of fairy tales are amazing and do allow the imagination to take off on flights of fancy which is nice if one accepts that that is what fairy tales are- tales spun about that which is impossible.
So- I guess you're stumped, huh? I say that since you haven't explained just HOW dust could be turned into a man and just HOW a rib could be turned into a woman.
Yeah- I know- "magic" or "don't question god" or "just because" or any other NON-answers which I do understand since the bible is totally devoid of any logic- just like every other fairy tale.
Uhm..actually, no. We were discussing where the apes came from, but you didn't have an answer so you turned it around on me. But, according to you, you've read the bible, so there really should be no question about what I believe. I didn't lecture or talk down on you either. I was simply describing the beauty of the bible. I'm sorry if you perceived that as such. I will say this, if we could descend from an ape, why couldn't we descend from the dust or dirt? Various hydrocarbons associated with life are found in the soil. It's a valid question. As for how God did it, I haven't a clue nor have I ever suggested as much.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621802 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Because it is.
2. Repeating what I said still makes your original post wrong.
3. Not a guess, it's what the evidence demonstrates.
1. That's a non-answer.

2. So is that.

3. There isn't any evidence that suggests all life came from one life.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621803 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because mythology tells us that goat's blood splashed on a sick person will cure them, while science gives us actual cures.
Oh give me a break. Mythology USED to tell us that, just like science USED to tell us that the best way to cure a fever is to drain a little blood...

Don't give me any of that nonsense. You're implying that if you live your life trusting in science and nothing else you will be "happier and healthier". If that works for you great, but don't expect it to work great on everybody.

My mother-in-law died because of your precious science and it's precious medical "cures".

“I speak my mind”

#621804 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:
TSI wrote:
"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."
After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.
Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.
hmm...I missed this pos...but I totally agree with this...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621805 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm..actually, no. We were discussing where the apes came from, but you didn't have an answer so you turned it around on me. But, according to you, you've read the bible, so there really should be no question about what I believe. I didn't lecture or talk down on you either. I was simply describing the beauty of the bible. I'm sorry if you perceived that as such. I will say this, if we could descend from an ape, why couldn't we descend from the dust or dirt? Various hydrocarbons associated with life are found in the soil. It's a valid question. As for how God did it, I haven't a clue nor have I ever suggested as much.
Um.....actually, yes. One of my first posts to you today was in response to you talking about humans evolving from apes in reference to evolution.

I then had to point out to you that evolutionists do not believe humans evolved from apes, but that is a common misconception of those who think the bible is fact- erroneously thinking that human evolution MUST mean humans evolved from apes when of course, that is not the case.

The beauty of the bible....okay- whatever.

Okay- you admit you don't know how your god did it- is that the same conclusion you think scientists and evolutionists come to regarding how the earth and life started?

Ummm.....their explanation is a bit more complicated than yours and their explanation has actual evidence and fact to back it up.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#621806 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude, WBC is not 50% of Christians...
Wow, you can't half squirm!

If you deduct the Catholics, you halfwit, as well as the other "fringe" groups, the Muslims outnumber you.

I know you're keeping track better than this. You're just being dishonest.

Funny, though.

At Ricky Dicky land

#621807 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give me a break. Mythology USED to tell us that, just like science USED to tell us that the best way to cure a fever is to drain a little blood...
Don't give me any of that nonsense. You're implying that if you live your life trusting in science and nothing else you will be "happier and healthier". If that works for you great, but don't expect it to work great on everybody.
My mother-in-law died because of your precious science and it's precious medical "cures".
I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. There is a favorite quote of mine that was mentioned in a movie, that movie was The Notebook. James Garner who played Noah as an adult, was talking to the physician about his wife who has severe dementia. The doctor tried to explain to Noah, his wife will not regain her memory back by reading a story to her about their life of when they first met. It is impossible by scientific standards.
James Garner replies......." science can only do so much and then comes God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 586,146
autism (arsenic poisoning) ??? (Oct '08) 14 min dsbsnag 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min Paul Porter1 99,342
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 39 min Citren 3,028
Have you ever farted and poop came out? (Jul '09) 43 min Encryption 33
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Mike duck it 5,849
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 6,442
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 442,984
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Porkpie Hat 270,841
More from around the web