|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
See, i told u catcher, i told u, every time i come on here they pick on me and i don't even understand why. From tomorrow i'm gonna leave, i'll come back and say hi to u sometimes, but i don't like it here anymore. They all starting on me now, i don't want to fight.
If i may, i would'nt let them get to ya. Obviously the ones who attack and pick on you, are just jealous of your intelligence and honesty you show in your post's..

I have asked myself, if the way people treat people on here be different toward one another if we was all setting in a room face to face? My answer would be yes.. It's so easy to catch the "topix disease" on here, the lack of respect and common courtesy most have when they first arrive, leave quickly when on topix..

I have enjoyed reading what few post i have of yours, anyway, best wishes to you.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clementia wrote:
That's good of u!
I will, u take care too and best of luck for the present and the future!!!! Thank you for being nice to me!!:-)
Goodnite!! X
Goodnight.

:)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, think 'pure thoughts', Aura! Take deep breaths!!

They said that in a movie, I can't remember if it worked or not. LOL
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
See, i told u catcher, i told u, every time i come on here they pick on me and i don't even understand why. From tomorrow i'm gonna leave, i'll come back and say hi to u sometimes, but i don't like it here anymore. They all starting on me now, i don't want to fight.
Poor little innocent Clementia being picked on.
I hope you keep your promise.
You know, that one about leaving and all.
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>What would be your reason? Intellectual inferiority complex or just lack of desire to debate.
Why are you only giving me two choices???
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Don't leave. If you notice they never have a response to you. As Psalms said they are jealous of you. They are like ignorant nuts who sit in class and disrupt learning, because knowledge makes their brain hurt. I have met people from all over the world, and what I have learned is that the free exchange of ideas does not require the submission of your own beliefs. Most of these small minded people, even Catcher, are misogynist races who fear women with intellect.
Just simply smile and post in English, you will baffle them. I told you that Hiding was jealous of you, so now her cheerleaders want to beat you with their pom-poms. I have an Asian friend, she is a nuclear physicists and her goal is to disprove Einstein's theory of relativity, not because she does not like him, but because he is her hero. So, I respect smart females, but not the fakes like Hiding, who have no humility or grace. You are both humble and gracious.
She is nothing but a kid who has a lot of growing up to do.
Intelligent?? Come on, give me a break.
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Don't leave. If you notice they never have a response to you. As Psalms said they are jealous of you. They are like ignorant nuts who sit in class and disrupt learning, because knowledge makes their brain hurt. I have met people from all over the world, and what I have learned is that the free exchange of ideas does not require the submission of your own beliefs. Most of these small minded people, even Catcher, are misogynist races who fear women with intellect.
Just simply smile and post in English, you will baffle them. I told you that Hiding was jealous of you, so now her cheerleaders want to beat you with their pom-poms. I have an Asian friend, she is a nuclear physicists and her goal is to disprove Einstein's theory of relativity, not because she does not like him, but because he is her hero. So, I respect smart females, but not the fakes like Hiding, who have no humility or grace. You are both humble and gracious.
I have never feared " women with intellect", mind you , I have never met one.
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I am smart, Dave is smart, Buck is smart, Doc is smart, Clementia is smart, Hiding wishes she were smart, however you are not smart. Smart people can pretend to be dumb, but dumb people can never pretend to be smart, so give it up.
I said that you act like a tape recorder, and like a tape recorder you spit my words back out but changed it to DVR. If there is no evil, then there is no good. Evil is as to good, as up is to down. In each case, the existence of one defines the existence of the other.
Hmmm. Many times people on here have thought that I was "Dave".
I guess that makes me smart going by your logic.
Thank you kindly.
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I am smart, Dave is smart, Buck is smart, Doc is smart, Clementia is smart, Hiding wishes she were smart, however you are not smart. Smart people can pretend to be dumb, but dumb people can never pretend to be smart, so give it up.
I said that you act like a tape recorder, and like a tape recorder you spit my words back out but changed it to DVR. If there is no evil, then there is no good. Evil is as to good, as up is to down. In each case, the existence of one defines the existence of the other.
Define "smart" and keep your amazingly massive" ego" out of the equation.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot, I *did* extend it to consciousness, as part of the same sentence you quoted. Yes I give you 'association' of consciousness and molecules. Clouds are associated with the sky. Does the sky cause water to exist or did the water already exist?
<quoted text>'Association' means 'they have something to do with each other' but we cannot assert whether one causes the other until we have clue number one, you freekin moron.
Until you show me the first clue as to how molecules can become aware of themselves, then 'association' is just association, like being at the scene of a crime but not having any role in it.
<quoted text> For the thousandth time, I am not asking you to believe what I believe, or that my belief is any more probable than yours. I am telling you that science cannot make a statement as to who's idea is most probable just because we have 'association', or that either of our beliefs hold any water. Quantum reality is 'associated' with consciousness too.
Ok. cool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot, I *did* extend it to consciousness, as part of the same sentence you quoted. Yes I give you 'association' of consciousness and molecules. Clouds are associated with the sky. Does the sky cause water to exist or did the water already exist?
<quoted text>'Association' means 'they have something to do with each other' but we cannot assert whether one causes the other until we have clue number one, you freekin moron.
Until you show me the first clue as to how molecules can become aware of themselves, then 'association' is just association, like being at the scene of a crime but not having any role in it.
<quoted text> For the thousandth time, I am not asking you to believe what I believe, or that my belief is any more probable than yours. I am telling you that science cannot make a statement as to who's idea is most probable just because we have 'association', or that either of our beliefs hold any water. Quantum reality is 'associated' with consciousness too.
Mass is associated with gravity, therefore mass clearly has something to do with gravity. Consciousness is associated with the brain, but I can't say they have anything to do with each other. Why do you make the obvious logical leap for gravity, but not for consciousness/

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. cool.
You know Timn....I done a little research, and turns out, there really isn't "clear evidence" on the fusion of chromosome 2, as you stated earlier. Some Scientists do assume that's what occurred, but as always, it's an assumption and there's some pretty strong evidence that suggests major problems with this claim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Dang your dense,'Hiding'. Anyway, the words you wrote here are the exact words I wrote to you regarding your 'belief'. I admit I have not shown you how this could be possible (Roger Penrose does have his speculations on this though), but thing is neither do you have a single thing as to how molecules could ever become aware of themselves. And without that you are on level ground with me you freekin pompous @$$.
Haven't penrose's ideas been dismissed? A cursory review of the subject reveals that the general consensus is that the wave functions would decohere far too fast to have anything to do with the brain. It's an interesting idea, but that's about it. Also, the "gaps" wherein this quantum woo is supposed to be taking place are actually larger than what penrose originally suggested, making decoherence even more of a problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> WHy would an ethereal consciousness have a recording device? Maybe it does maybe it doesn't; point is no one knows. That is my whole message. Science does not know any of this stuff. Our beliefs are on level ground yet you refuse to admit it.
Your saying that 'people with damage to hippocampus still seem to have sense of being' actually supports my belief more than yours.
How? You just said that we don't have a sense of being while asleep because we can't "record" anything, and I showed you that a sense of being is possible in the absence of the ability to record new memories. You tied "sense of being" with "recording device," as if the two phenomena were dependent upon each other in an attempt to justify our "lack of being" while sleeping. I showed you that this was wrong. If our sense of being can persist without a hippocampus, then why does it "turn off" at night, if it doesn't need a "recording device" to be turned on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth was thought to be flat by people in the west too! The whole world nearly thinks that sacrificing animals brings good health. I ain't a sheep! If something doesn't make sense to me, I'm not gonna believe it, unless it has something to do with faith and then i will state it as faith! That is my right and it is the right of all human beings!
When religion is pushed down your throats you scream and shout. When your kids are brain-washed with sh*t at school, u accept it!
I give up!!
It's not brainwashing if it's true; additionally, brainwashing usually has a "goal" of some sort - what would be the motivation to "brainwash" someone with evolution? With religion, it's obvious - you get another follower, you save them from damnation, the church might benefit from them, it is your religious duty, etc.

Would you complain that your child was being taught about gravity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U can think what u want, u have freedom! But what I am is not going to change by u thinking in a certain way. I'll always be what i am!!
This is the last time I am going to talk to u about a serious topic. I just want to say something; when you study a theory don't just listen to what the masses tell u. Do your own research and don't be biased. If u are going to study the fossil evidence for evolution, look at the details very carefully and scrutinize it. Really sit and thing about. Try to understand why Darwinian evolution is SO important in the modern world and why is it really being forced down our children's throats.
Also, read the statements made by James D Watson and try to understand the hypocrisy of the scientific or political world.
Sorry, but i don't want to talk about it anymore, coz i go around in circles and circles and circles. We are all here to learn and understand things in our own way! I don't have the right to force my belief on u, sorry!
Thank you very much for having a discussion with me! Take care!!
I wasn't talking about evolution in that comment. I was jokingly saying that you shouldn't fraternize with the trolls.

And I have studied evolution. Very much so. That is why I don't deny the obvious.

Are you implying some sort of conspiracy? What would be the possible motivation? Who would gain from "evolution brainwashing?" That makes no sense at all. That's like saying that we are being "brainwashed" into thinking the earth revolves around the sun.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
My word, I do apologize, I didn't mean to upset you. You really should lighten up. Stressing over petty matters...it's bad for your health! smile dear friend. If you believe evolution is responsible for variety...then you must understand it is responsible for my genetic makeup. Why get upset that I think differently than you? I am what I have evolved to be...you should respect that :)
Wasn't upset.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it.
And that's more than enough for you, Oscar.
Catcher white sheet drops.
Topix should implement an actual white sheet. Would be nice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Timn....I done a little research, and turns out, there really isn't "clear evidence" on the fusion of chromosome 2, as you stated earlier. Some Scientists do assume that's what occurred, but as always, it's an assumption and there's some pretty strong evidence that suggests major problems with this claim.
Like what? Do you get your information from apologist sites, or from actual scientists? I don't see how there could be a problem. We have a chromosome that has telomeres in the middle and centromeres bisecting each "side" (how else would this happen if not for a fusion?). And each "side" matches up nearly perfectly with the two corresponding chimp chromosomes that did not fuse.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone says "I done a little research" ... it's clear they have not done any research, especially into the English language.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••