“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621744 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
So you are teaching them modern morals and not christian ones. Of course that's a different topic as well, a red herring. We seek answers and refuse to buy made up non-answers, you waste your life thinking about death, we spend ours working to improve our lives. If you want a comparison, you won't like the results of such.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621745 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wish to focus on yourself still, not surprising as that is what your god is, part of your own ego. But here's the thing, being educated is more than the piece of paper you earn, it is what you learn through the instruction and study. Most school teachers are less than educated, Kent Hovind being a perfect example of a very uneducated school teacher. But that was not my original point so meh. The original point being that if you had actually learned about evolution, I mean looked at the actual evidence, all of it, and not just some blog/vlog online, you'd know that there is no evidence that does not support the theory of evolution in all of biology, archeology, and even geology. You would also know that the theory of evolution has also helped us in developing new technology, nature may make a lot of mistakes, but if it was intelligent it's mechanisms would produce perfection, which is what we're doing with them now.
The problem is when you take one little "doubt," one that's probably got a lot of evidence backing it up, and use that as a means to discredit a theory, you enter the realm of conspiracy nuttery as well as religiously fueled ignorance, you leave the realm of science and reality. Not because of the doubt, but because you did not actually look into the matter well.
First, I'm not a teacher, but in my profession, which is in healthcare, I do teach. Next, my degree required that I study biology, physics, genetics, forensics, chemistry...and much more...I'm not just some google researcher...and I actually attended college before online course were even available. However, I have sold most of my books, so I do tend to rely on the Internet these days....You have seriously misjudged me.

The controversy surrounding evolution is hardly the result of one little doubt. Billions of people doubt evolution. Surely, you aren't gonna blame this on one little doubt. there are hole and missing links...that's the bottom line and it's not my fault, so why lash out at me.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#621746 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I don't think there's a conspiracy to promote evolution. It is what is. Darwin, a very intelligent man, threw some well thought out theories out there and many, who choose not believe in God, Allah, whatever, just latched on to the concepts. They fit for some, not for others. Let me state my position here...I believe in God...but I get why many don't. I'm simply engaging in debate. For the record, I have a great deal of respect for science, although I am very skeptical about many of the theories.
LOL.....Darwin an intelligent man? More like an infinitesimal, controversial, egotistical, phony. I'm just simply stating my opinion.:-)

At Ricky Dicky land

#621747 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not a teacher, but in my profession, which is in healthcare, I do teach. Next, my degree required that I study biology, physics, genetics, forensics, chemistry...and much more...I'm not just some google researcher...and I actually attended college before online course were even available. However, I have sold most of my books, so I do tend to rely on the Internet these days....You have seriously misjudged me.
The controversy surrounding evolution is hardly the result of one little doubt. Billions of people doubt evolution. Surely, you aren't gonna blame this on one little doubt. there are hole and missing links...that's the bottom line and it's not my fault, so why lash out at me.
I'm one of those billions.

“I speak my mind”

#621748 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a "fundie" site, no, but it's far from scientific. It's still mainstream media, and still bloated with commentary and improperly worded explanations of things. Discovery is known for misrepresenting the facts on numerous occasions, the only way to get the actual facts is to read the actual scientific papers though, as no news source will ever be accurate on all such matters. This is what I am talking about when I call you uneducated, you don't know your sources, you should always verify those, always.
Kinda hard to do if the source isn't readily available. I do try to verify sources though. Sometimes all you can go on is the level of education of the writer or researcher.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#621749 May 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol...yeah, you shoulda said "Like being offered all that free "American" education, housing, welfare and food stamps offend their delicate sensibilities?" Guests in our country have no business being so fkg bossy. If a guest to my home tried to tell me how I could offer them hospitality (clothed/naked or speaking my own language, or not) I'd kick them out into the street so fast they wouldn't know what hit them. It's past time to quit letting beggars be choosers. Talk about fkg arrogance.
Yep that sure is one arrogant principal!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621750 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I've joked about it in the past, but seriously...what difference would it make if my ancestors were apes? It's not like I could be singled out as a lone ape...if it's true...we all are. My problem isn't a concern that I may come from a line of chimpanzees...it's simply that I don't personally believe we did. And if we did, then I want to know how the apes got here. That's pretty simple I think. I mean if you're gonna shove evolution done my kids throats, then at least tell them where the doggone apes came from. Don't confuse them into thinking you have it all figured out and the rest of world is idiots, when the is, you don't.
Okay- let's try this: If you believe that the first man was created from dust, just exactly how did THAT happen?

And if you believe the first woman was created from a rib of the first man, exactly how did THAT happen?

Bible thumpers not only like to shove their beliefs down the throats of others, they do so with thinking THEY have it all figured out and that anyone who thinks differently is the "anti-Christ".

So do tell, TSI- just HOW did your god go about creating a man from DUST and then creating a woman from a RIB of the first man?

This ought to be good......

“I speak my mind”

#621751 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.....Darwin an intelligent man? More like an infinitesimal, controversial, egotistical, phony. I'm just simply stating my opinion.:-)
perhaps...but intelligent none the less. His theories have resulted in a widespread belief that we have an ancestral line which includes apes. Gotta credit the man...even if he was just a good salesman...he sold his train of thought and sold it well!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621752 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:

So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way.
So.....

Since you claim to know your genetic lineage, you will not die from a preventable illness?

O_o

Howz that?!

At Ricky Dicky land

#621753 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose the major difference here is that while y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of, I'm teaching my kids biblical principles, to love, respect, forgive...things like that. When it's all said and done, whether I'm right or wrong, I see no harm in that. But to be honest, there really is much more to it. I debate on here, but honestly, I have no hard feelings toward any of you. I can sign off here and I think about all the posters in here who don't believe, and it saddens me, because although I'm sure many of you enjoy your life, you really don't know what you're missing.:)
Well said

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621754 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are teaching them modern morals and not christian ones. Of course that's a different topic as well, a red herring. We seek answers and refuse to buy made up non-answers, you waste your life thinking about death, we spend ours working to improve our lives. If you want a comparison, you won't like the results of such.
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??

I don't give it much of a thought at all, let alone allow it to consume life.

Where do you get this nonsense?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621755 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.

There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.

Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.

There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.

All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.

“I speak my mind”

#621756 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach them how to manage their diseases....how to be healthy. Has nothing to do with morals. if you think it's a wasted life, helping someone who is sick to get better and become healthy, then I feel sorry for you.

At Ricky Dicky land

#621757 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps...but intelligent none the less. His theories have resulted in a widespread belief that we have an ancestral line which includes apes. Gotta credit the man...even if he was just a good salesman...he sold his train of thought and sold it well!
As far as I'm concerned he sold diddly squat to a bunch of koolaid drinkers.
LineDazzle

Mold, UK

#621758 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.
Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.
There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.
All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.
There are no evidence left of it because no finger prints were left of it, it happened magically, with God not leaving a stain from the ribs from either of them both onto each other, accept man and women coming from the man.

Come on kid, you can do better than this, can't you?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621759 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?

1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?

2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?

The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.

3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?

So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?

Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?

And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.

I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621760 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??
I don't give it much of a thought at all, let alone allow it to consume life.
Where do you get this nonsense?
I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:

TSI wrote:

"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."

After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.

Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#621761 May 6, 2013
Prove there isn't.

At Ricky Dicky land

#621762 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to iteach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
The only nonsense here is your wind bagged response. I truly pity people like you and your ignorant, arrogant, blind sited ways.~smh~

“I speak my mind”

#621763 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot, medically. If you want better medical treatment, longer and healthier life, you need to know first and foremost ... how the body was formed. The irony being that the "who" is of no importance at all, they could claim it was some magical pixie, but that's not important, it's the "how" that matters, and science answers the how very well. Knowing where organs originated, what purpose they once served, if they continue to serve a purpose, and how our bodies became what they are will allow us to cure more illnesses (most importantly AIDS and cancer right now), and how to improve our lifespans, no one wants to die too soon. Knowing our genetic lineage will help us to discover where the genes are that produce genetic illnesses, and possibly eliminate those from our species in the future. Knowing our closest ancestors offers us sources for biological material that could save lives. There are a lot of people walking around with pigs' hearts now, knowing how close they are to us lead us to realize that they could save the lives of people needing new hearts and how to accomplish that successfully.
So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way.
If you spent more time studying the human body and actually interacting with human beings and less studying evolution, you'd know beyond doubt, where and where we did not come from. You see, there are those who spend their lives in a lab or in a book, and those who actually get out there and test what is studied. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies? I'll tell you... Because humans are not rats or monkeys....they are humans. You find, when you actually deal with medicine and people, that often, case studies, lab tests, etc...haven't come close to examining how some things really work when applied to actual lives and human beings who have an array of different issues that effect the whole picture. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for the research and I am not trying to diminish the necessity of it. But, for a researcher to be condescending and assume their intelligence is above that of the man who gets his hands dirty actually testing their products...well...there really is no place for that. Until, you've actually stepped in the water, don't attempt to tell me it's Temperature based on a thermometer. There is nothing more accurate than truly testing the water for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 2 min Big Country_ 98
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusions ... 578,814
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min andet1987 5,681
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 270,013
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 97,965
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min lightbeamrider 609,782
Why didn't A320's advanced technology stop Adr... 48 min Doctor REALITY 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 176,199
More from around the web