Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621904 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen lots of doctors, too. And I've known lots of people that's seen lots of doctors.
My impression of today's doctors is that they're ignorant fools put to make a lot of money.
I've only known (or heard of) one or two REAL doctors.
You know my mom in law story....
My friend had bumps in his mouth, went to a "doctor" and he diagnosed my friend with herpes. The dudes over 45 and has never had herpes, and he's loyal to his wife and she to him - so he knew something was wrong about the "doctor". He researched it himself and discovered he was allergic to some new toothpaste he got....
...and the hospital refused to give him a refund for his misdiagnosed visit and unneeded meds. Go figure.
My wife had a problem a few years ago, the "doctors" swore up and down it was allergies (they never even did a blood test). After a year or two of dealing with these "allergies", we knew something was up. We visited another doctor, a real doctor, that took the time to investigate. Turns out her thyroid was out of whack....
...and the hospital refused to reimburse us, too. Go figure.
There's so many stories of "doctors" messing up like this, I could go on for days.
Really? You've seen "lots" of doctors?

Because some months ago you posted that you NEVER go to doctors.

WhatEVER, RR.......good- and bad- in all groups of people.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#621905 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is fully accepted, no research is required for veracity.
And no contrary opinions considered.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#621906 May 7, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous. I truly pity people like you.
Thank you.

I am not worthy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621907 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?!
"the responsibility for any medical treatment .. is the responsibility of the patient."
WTF goes on in your little brain?
Do you actually enjoy living under the very dark cloud of your self-inflicted persecution complex?

Or are you just too ignorant to accept the FACT that when all is said and done, each of us is ultimately responsible for the medical care and treatment we choose to undergo or not?

I think it's the former first and foremost- you LIKE feeling like a victim.

Oh- and BTW- did you know that family members of a person who dies after medical treatment or care can still sue the doctors for malpractice?

I'll BET your mother-in-law's family did NOT even consider that and if they did, they didn't follow through because they had NO case and because there was NO malpractice.

It's idiots like YOU who think that doctors are some sort of gods or that they should be- it is NOT doctors who think that by and large but rather those who seem to think that doctors should be infallible and as close to "god-like" as possible.

Sorry to have to tell you that doctors ARE human and can and do make mistakes- just like any other mortal being.

Of course, given that they often hold the lives of others in their hands, if they are incompetent they should be sued.

But that only holds water if incompetence was indeed a factor in the death of a patient.

At any rate, many more lives are saved by doctors than lost by doctors.

I'll bet you're silly enough to find fault with the entire fire-fighting force due to firefighters sometimes not being able to save EVERYONE from a burning building.

Whatever, RR.......every single prejudice you have is set in stone due to your self-inflicted myopia and your refusal to accept the fact that VERY little in this world is black and white and instead, most of everything in this world comes in many shades of grey.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621908 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:

At the end of the day, it is the PATIENT who is responsible for whatever medical treatment they consent to or decline to accept.
And it's the hospitals responsibility to properly diagnose and inform the patients so that the patient can make an informed decision about any treatment.
Why do you think patients sign CONSENT forms?
Because the legal department for many hospitals know that their doctors suck and misdiagnose patients all the time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621909 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Your delusions do not make it so.
Of course, you are not alone in your pathetic and laughable chauvinistic attitude; that attitude is a big reason why so much of the rest of the world finds Americans- and the USA- to be pathetic and laughable.
While they take our handouts, they find us pathetic...

Ironic.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621910 May 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And no contrary opinions considered.
Do you have one?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621911 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually enjoy living under the very dark cloud of your self-inflicted persecution complex?
Or are you just too ignorant to accept the FACT that when all is said and done, each of us is ultimately responsible for the medical care and treatment we choose to undergo or not?
I think it's the former first and foremost- you LIKE feeling like a victim.
Oh- and BTW- did you know that family members of a person who dies after medical treatment or care can still sue the doctors for malpractice?
I'll BET your mother-in-law's family did NOT even consider that and if they did, they didn't follow through because they had NO case and because there was NO malpractice.
It's idiots like YOU who think that doctors are some sort of gods or that they should be- it is NOT doctors who think that by and large but rather those who seem to think that doctors should be infallible and as close to "god-like" as possible.
Sorry to have to tell you that doctors ARE human and can and do make mistakes- just like any other mortal being.
Of course, given that they often hold the lives of others in their hands, if they are incompetent they should be sued.
But that only holds water if incompetence was indeed a factor in the death of a patient.
At any rate, many more lives are saved by doctors than lost by doctors.
I'll bet you're silly enough to find fault with the entire fire-fighting force due to firefighters sometimes not being able to save EVERYONE from a burning building.
Whatever, RR.......every single prejudice you have is set in stone due to your self-inflicted myopia and your refusal to accept the fact that VERY little in this world is black and white and instead, most of everything in this world comes in many shades of grey.
No, my family isn't a sue happy bunch. The idea of bringing a malpractice suit came and left our minds in minutes.

I know the trend in America, and particularly in California, is to sue - but that's not our way. That's not the true American way. It's a fad that'll end just as all fads do.

We chalk it up first to God's will, second to human error. We KNOW the doctors didn't want their patient to die.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621912 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's the hospitals responsibility to properly diagnose and inform the patients so that the patient can make an informed decision about any treatment.
<quoted text>
Because the legal department for many hospitals know that their doctors suck and misdiagnose patients all the time.
The "hospital's" responsibility? What- does the actual BUILDING talk to people? WTF are you saying?

Hospitals don't diagnose. Hospitals don't inform.

Oy gavalt- yes, RR- this is yet another thing you can add to your "conspiracy" list.

Last time- good and bad in all groups of people and the bottom line is that it IS the PATIENT'S responsibility as to whether or not they consent to or decline any medical treatment and having had several surgeries myself, I can say I almost got writer's cramp from having to sign off on any number of consent forms which fully advised me of any and all possible risks.

Not to mention that patients have the right and the choice to always seek a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. opinion of other doctors regarding their OWN health and their OWN choices.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#621913 May 7, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
I keep asking you to prove there isn't a god. You have yet to do so.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621914 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
While they take our handouts, they find us pathetic...
Ironic.
If you had the first clue as to WHY the USA gives so many "hand-outs"........

But you don't. You prefer to see the USA as the Lone Ranger or Mighty Mouse here to "save the day".

Pathetic.

Oh- I am now fully prepared for your rant that I am not a good American.

Carry on.

Location hidden

#621915 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're wrong. I've had surgeries, other medical issues and not once did I ever find a doctor to be only interested in their income and status- nor would patients actually be able to discern that anyway.
I really think you're reaching based on your prejudice regarding what happened with your mother-in-law.
And no, RR- stereotyping NEVER works.
Oh, I guess the thread topix changed from God to doctors?

Location hidden

#621916 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is fully accepted, no research is required for veracity.
Ditto that!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621917 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Fine- so patients aren't forced to sign any consent form- WTF is wrong with you???

It comes down to: "You pay your money- you take your chances".

If a patient feels the risk of something going wrong is too great, they need not consent.

But I know first hand that those consent forms are very detailed and spell out any and all possible risks thereby making it EASIER for the patient to make an informed decision.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621918 May 7, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this:

Can YOU prove there ISN'T any or all of the following:

1. Santa Claus

2. The tooth fairy

3. Leprechauns

4. Unicorns (pink or any other color)

5. Little green Martians (or big green Martians for that matter)

The POINT is what does NOT exist can NOT be proven to NOT exist; only that which IS can be proven to exist.

You think you're clever or the first poster to ask: Prove there isn't a god?

You're not; all you are doing is showing your absence of logic since you obviously can't comprehend that a negative can NOT be proven.

You also show that you have no clue as to how our LEGAL system works- that being that the onus is ALWAYS on the accuser to prove that a defendant DID commit a crime; the onus is NEVER on the accused to prove that they did NOT and that is because a negative can NOT be proven.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621919 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The "hospital's" responsibility? What- does the actual BUILDING talk to people? WTF are you saying?
Hospitals don't diagnose. Hospitals don't inform.
Oy gavalt- yes, RR- this is yet another thing you can add to your "conspiracy" list.
Last time- good and bad in all groups of people and the bottom line is that it IS the PATIENT'S responsibility as to whether or not they consent to or decline any medical treatment and having had several surgeries myself, I can say I almost got writer's cramp from having to sign off on any number of consent forms which fully advised me of any and all possible risks.
Not to mention that patients have the right and the choice to always seek a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. opinion of other doctors regarding their OWN health and their OWN choices.
LAWDY, LAWDY, LAWD!

Derp. It's the "hospitals" responsibility just like "the church" preaches.

Switch back to caffeinated.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621920 May 7, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I guess the thread topix changed from God to doctors?
Honey- you just popped in here. This thread has been going on for over 4 years with over half a million posts.

On this thread- as on any thread on Topix, it is not unusual for the thread to go off-topic at times.

If you don't like the posts that don't specifically address the topic at hand, don't bother to read them and certainly don't bother to respond to them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621921 May 7, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Apocalypse666 has passed on. Sad.

The atheists look down to him for inspiration.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621922 May 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>If you had the first clue as to WHY the USA gives so many "hand-outs"........
But you don't. You prefer to see the USA as the Lone Ranger or Mighty Mouse here to "save the day".
Pathetic.
Oh- I am now fully prepared for your rant that I am not a good American.
Carry on.
Spare me your communist drivel, OCB.

It's too early for that and I haven't had a sammich yet.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#621923 May 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my family isn't a sue happy bunch. The idea of bringing a malpractice suit came and left our minds in minutes.
I know the trend in America, and particularly in California, is to sue - but that's not our way. That's not the true American way. It's a fad that'll end just as all fads do.
We chalk it up first to God's will, second to human error. We KNOW the doctors didn't want their patient to die.
If you truly felt the doctors were incompetent and caused the premature demise of your mother-in-law, suing would have made sense and all the more in order to protect future patients from a doctor you found to be incompetent.

Okay.....so if it was "god's will", what are you complaining about?

And pretty sad that you wouldn't find what you seemed to consider a wrongful death to be worthy of suing the person who you seem to think caused that wrongful death.

But you seem to want to have it both ways; you ranted and railed about the horrible doctors but now you say it was "god's will".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Peace_Warrior 619,242
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,688
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min kent 668,054
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 28 min Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web