Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#621549 May 6, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Think "lucid dreaming". I have had two sleep studies done and you do not know what you are talking about. Think "sleep paralysis". I have had it, and you are as far from the truth as up is to down. To be clear, you both are wrong and to be clearer many so called medical professionals are just as clueless.
Does someone have a crush?
youtube

AOL

#621551 May 6, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621552 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Like what? Do you get your information from apologist sites, or from actual scientists? I don't see how there could be a problem. We have a chromosome that has telomeres in the middle and centromeres bisecting each "side" (how else would this happen if not for a fusion?). And each "side" matches up nearly perfectly with the two corresponding chimp chromosomes that did not fuse.
No, I didn't. But contrary to what you may believe, there are actually scientists who are not Darwinist.

To solve the problem of different number of chromosomes between apes and humans, Darwinists suggested the ‘chromosome 2 fusion model’. This scenario involves the claim that the fusion of two small chimpanzee-like chromosomes (2A and 2B) formed one chromosome in humans, leading to the difference in diploid chromosome numbers between humans and great apes. While the chromosome 2 fusion model is routinely touted as dogma, very little new genomic data, although readily available for analysis, has been presented as evidence.

The only research group to seriously analyze the actual fusion site DNA sequence data in detail were confounded by the results which showed a lack of evidence for fusion—a genomic condition for this region which they termed ‘degenerate’.
(Fan, Y. et al., Genomic structure and evolution of the ancestral chromosome fusion site in 2q13-2q14.1 and paralogous regions on other human chromosomes, Genome Research 12:1651–1662, 2002.)

http://evolutionfactormyth.blogspot.com/2013/...

Just wondering if you could provide a link with "clear evidence".

“I speak my mind”

#621553 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone says "I done a little research" ... it's clear they have not done any research, especially into the English language.
Have done, done/did...<throws hands up> I've made a grammatical error...how will I ever recover? Lol...I'm southern...we speak a lot of slang and tend to make these grammar mistakes on occasion. Thanks for pointing that out...I stand corrected!:)

“I speak my mind”

#621554 May 6, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>When a poster has no base thoughts, it is clear that she failed to grasp even rudimentary thought processing.
Well...just throw me under a bus why don't ya! Y'all are harsh, to say the least!:) Be nice Oscar...I bet we could be friends!

Location hidden

#621555 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't. But contrary to what you may believe, there are actually scientists who are not Darwinist.
To solve the problem of different number of chromosomes between apes and humans, Darwinists suggested the ‘chromosome 2 fusion model’. This scenario involves the claim that the fusion of two small chimpanzee-like chromosomes (2A and 2B) formed one chromosome in humans, leading to the difference in diploid chromosome numbers between humans and great apes. While the chromosome 2 fusion model is routinely touted as dogma, very little new genomic data, although readily available for analysis, has been presented as evidence.
The only research group to seriously analyze the actual fusion site DNA sequence data in detail were confounded by the results which showed a lack of evidence for fusion—a genomic condition for this region which they termed ‘degenerate’.
(Fan, Y. et al., Genomic structure and evolution of the ancestral chromosome fusion site in 2q13-2q14.1 and paralogous regions on other human chromosomes, Genome Research 12:1651–1662, 2002.)
http://evolutionfactormyth.blogspot.com/2013/...
Just wondering if you could provide a link with "clear evidence".
http://www.pnas.org/content/88 /20/9051.full.pdf

More where that came from.

Also, that was pretty funny. I asked you if you were getting your info from apologist sites, you responded in the negative, and then posted a link to "evolutionfactormyth. " And they used the word "darwinists." You know you're dealing with an unbiased source when they say "darwinists."

Let me explain a simple reason why chromosome 2 is so compelling. Telomeres are found on the end of chromosomes, and centromeres are found in the middle. In chromosome 2, there are "ancestral" telomeres in the middle of the chromosome, and an "ancestral" centromere on one side, in addition to a working centromere on the other side. These remnants have no reason to be there, save for being the result of an end to end fusion.\

Location hidden

#621556 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, an extremely tiny minority, and I bet all of them are religious. Ever heard of project steve? It makes the "some scientists aren't 'darwinists'" claim sound kind of silly.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#621557 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Have done, done/did...<throws hands up> I've made a grammatical error...how will I ever recover? Lol...I'm southern...we speak a lot of slang and tend to make these grammar mistakes on occasion. Thanks for pointing that out...I stand corrected!:)
You did that well, done well, well done.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621558 May 6, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The end will be when we humans finally make ourselves extinct over this question.
Trying to prove or disprove a god is killing our species, all by its own hand.
The members of the entire homosapien species are in a downward spiral of hating each other over what is basically ancient bullsh!t gossip.
We're fighting each other to death.
Over bullsh!t.
THINK about this!
Humans fighting each other to self-extinction...
over...
Straight.
BULLSH!T.
How abSURD!
WTF is wrong with us?
We think we're soooo intelligent...but most "adults" in this world don't seem to have graduated from middle school emotionally. Look at the way we fight over stupid sh!t.
It's time to move on to something new before we wipe out our own future.
Over bullsh!t!
"finally make ourselves extinct"???

What are you waiting for?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621559 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, well, if you're gonna count Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Christian Scientists and Westboro Baptists as Christians after all...
You moron, "Westboro Baptists" is a single church, not a denomination of Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621560 May 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nuh uh!
The Thought Police will punish us if they have the slightest suspicion that we might be thinking WrongThink-ly-wise.
http://news.msn.com/us/nod-to-god-gets-track-...
Thought Crimes are serious business in the U.S. these days. You can only express your joy the way the government says you can or else you are ostracized for it.
What a crock o shit that school is.

Location hidden

#621561 May 6, 2013

Location hidden

#621562 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock o shit that school is.
Even I think that's a little over the top. I mean, maybe if he was obnoxious about it, screaming "praise the lord" over and over, but pointing at the sky isn't that serious.

“I speak my mind”

#621563 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.pnas.org/content/88/20/9051.full.p...
More where that came from.
Also, that was pretty funny. I asked you if you were getting your info from apologist sites, you responded in the negative, and then posted a link to "evolutionfactormyth. " And they used the word "darwinists." You know you're dealing with an unbiased source when they say "darwinists."
Let me explain a simple reason why chromosome 2 is so compelling. Telomeres are found on the end of chromosomes, and centromeres are found in the middle. In chromosome 2, there are "ancestral" telomeres in the middle of the chromosome, and an "ancestral" centromere on one side, in addition to a working centromere on the other side. These remnants have no reason to be there, save for being the result of an end to end fusion.\
Okay,first, let's address this whole "apologist site" issue you have. It's rather ludicrous that you expect I retrieve information that refutes Darwinism from a Darwinist site. That's not gonna happen. It's also quite shallow of anyone to close their mind to scientific data just because it's posted on a creationist site. Scientific facts are facts...regardless if Mr. Magoo writes it, so long as it's backed by proof. I also find it hilarious that the wonderful world of science will accept the scientific discoveries of men such as Mendel, Pascal, Bacon, Newton, Faraday....I could go on and on...but they are scientists who believed in God. Anyway, science will use the discoveries of these great scientists as building blocks for their work. Science accepts their data as true, because they cannot refute it. Yet, you, a mere topix poster, think any information from a site that may contain data from a scientist who believes in God, to be irrelavent. If you aren't willing to accept scientific facts, simply because of the site they are posted on, then basically...what you're telling me, is your opinion is biased. If you lack the ability to be objective, then you limit your ability to learn, This conversation is quite useless as you cannot debate an issue if you refuse to accept factual data.

Location hidden

#621564 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You moron, "Westboro Baptists" is a single church, not a denomination of Christianity.
They might as well be a denomination. If I was a christian, I would insist they were a splinter group.

“I speak my mind”

#621565 May 6, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You did that well, done well, well done.
:) I do try! thanks!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#621566 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware, thank you/ Now, are they Christians?

You certainly consider Catholics to be Christians.

“I speak my mind”

#621567 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, an extremely tiny minority, and I bet all of them are religious. Ever heard of project steve? It makes the "some scientists aren't 'darwinists'" claim sound kind of silly.
"Project Steve" lol...of course...that's how evolutionist roll. Because it's much easier to be rude and attack people on a personal level than to present significant proof to back up claims when pushed against a wall. Honestly, I don't put a great deal of thought into the percentage of scientists who believe in God versus evolution, although, again, I do find it amazing that many great discoveries were made by men who did actually believe in God. I do try to be objective though. The truth is, most great discoveries weren't made by multitudes of men, but rather by a single man/woman or team, thus a very small percentage...hence, project Steve is just a way to poke fun...it really holds no weight or substance.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#621568 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay,first, let's address this whole "apologist site" issue you have. It's rather ludicrous that you expect I retrieve information that refutes Darwinism from a Darwinist site. That's not gonna happen. It's also quite shallow of anyone to close their mind to scientific data just because it's posted on a creationist site. Scientific facts are facts...regardless if Mr. Magoo writes it, so long as it's backed by proof. I also find it hilarious that the wonderful world of science will accept the scientific discoveries of men such as Mendel, Pascal, Bacon, Newton, Faraday....I could go on and on...but they are scientists who believed in God. Anyway, science will use the discoveries of these great scientists as building blocks for their work. Science accepts their data as true, because they cannot refute it. Yet, you, a mere topix poster, think any information from a site that may contain data from a scientist who believes in God, to be irrelavent. If you aren't willing to accept scientific facts, simply because of the site they are posted on, then basically...what you're telling me, is your opinion is biased. If you lack the ability to be objective, then you limit your ability to learn, This conversation is quite useless as you cannot debate an issue if you refuse to accept factual data.
Well said,,,(Hand claps)..

And by georgy, i think ya got her figured out.

Ohh, but just wait she will have a detailed scientific come back as to why she is'nt biased, and why you should ignore the apologist sites..

Good luck..

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#621569 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm aware, thank you/ Now, are they Christians?
You certainly consider Catholics to be Christians.
Well if you had any knowledge at all about a Christian( a follower of Jesus), you wouldnt have to ask that question....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min kent 599,900
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min REASHMA 7,503
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 25 min dollarsbill 6,517
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 6,313
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 35 min gasmtastet 15
Boobs 48 min gasmtastet 2
make me horny 51 min gasmtastet 3
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ajanta 462
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 21 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web