Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621760 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??
I don't give it much of a thought at all, let alone allow it to consume life.
Where do you get this nonsense?
I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:

TSI wrote:

"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."

After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.

Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#621761 May 6, 2013
Prove there isn't.

“Calling Out The Hermits”

Since: Apr 13

At Ricky Dicky land

#621762 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to iteach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
The only nonsense here is your wind bagged response. I truly pity people like you and your ignorant, arrogant, blind sited ways.~smh~

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621763 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot, medically. If you want better medical treatment, longer and healthier life, you need to know first and foremost ... how the body was formed. The irony being that the "who" is of no importance at all, they could claim it was some magical pixie, but that's not important, it's the "how" that matters, and science answers the how very well. Knowing where organs originated, what purpose they once served, if they continue to serve a purpose, and how our bodies became what they are will allow us to cure more illnesses (most importantly AIDS and cancer right now), and how to improve our lifespans, no one wants to die too soon. Knowing our genetic lineage will help us to discover where the genes are that produce genetic illnesses, and possibly eliminate those from our species in the future. Knowing our closest ancestors offers us sources for biological material that could save lives. There are a lot of people walking around with pigs' hearts now, knowing how close they are to us lead us to realize that they could save the lives of people needing new hearts and how to accomplish that successfully.
So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way.
If you spent more time studying the human body and actually interacting with human beings and less studying evolution, you'd know beyond doubt, where and where we did not come from. You see, there are those who spend their lives in a lab or in a book, and those who actually get out there and test what is studied. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies? I'll tell you... Because humans are not rats or monkeys....they are humans. You find, when you actually deal with medicine and people, that often, case studies, lab tests, etc...haven't come close to examining how some things really work when applied to actual lives and human beings who have an array of different issues that effect the whole picture. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for the research and I am not trying to diminish the necessity of it. But, for a researcher to be condescending and assume their intelligence is above that of the man who gets his hands dirty actually testing their products...well...there really is no place for that. Until, you've actually stepped in the water, don't attempt to tell me it's Temperature based on a thermometer. There is nothing more accurate than truly testing the water for yourself.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621764 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- you like making baseless assumptions, don't you?
1. What makes you assume ANYONE here spends countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of?
2. What makes you assume that love, respect and forgiveness are principles only of the bible or that the bible is needed to teach love, respect, forgiveness.....things like that?
The bible is not the authority on love, respect or forgiveness and all the more given how much violence, hatred, war and killing is in the pages of the "good" book.
3. Not know what we're missing? How is that? Because we prefer to accept REALITY rather than to believe in fairy tales and fairy tales with no explanation and no logic?
So you're "saddened" because BILLIONS of people in this world do not believe in your god or your bible?
Do you spend "countless hours" feeling sorry for those BILLIONS of people?
And- still waiting for that explanation of how the dust=man and rib=woman could have happened.
I really don't expect a response from you since such nonsense can NOT be explained and must be taken on FAITH and sorry- but there is no EVIDENCE of either occurrence and no LOGICAL reason to believe what is utter bilge.
hehe you said hole...

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621765 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> As far as I'm concerned he sold diddly squat to a bunch of koolaid drinkers.
Lol...I won't argue that...but doggone he made a heck of a go at selling didn't he!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621766 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.
Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.
There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.
All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.
There is very much controversy surrounding evolution.

That's why it's still a theory and not a fact.

There's also a lot of guesswork.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621767 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda hard to do if the source isn't readily available. I do try to verify sources though. Sometimes all you can go on is the level of education of the writer or researcher.
You don't know much about the internet, do you?

http://scholar.google.com/ for just one of the many ways to find such things.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621768 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe you said hole...
hehe- TSI said it first!

:-D

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621769 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell makes you assume that Christians "waste their life thinking about death"??
I don't give it much of a thought at all, let alone allow it to consume life.
Where do you get this nonsense?
That is what religion is, it's all about death, after life, not during.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621770 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know- maybe from the same place that "Truth signed in" gets THIS nonsense:
TSI wrote:
"y'all spend countless hours in search of the hole that the hominid didn't jump out of,...."
After all, if one is going to spend "countless hours" wondering how we came into existence, then one isn't spending their existence using their time to LIVE.
Besides that, it matters not so much HOW we got here or even WHY we are here; what matters MUCH more is what we do with our lives WHILE we are here.
Well, he also said that he teaches biblical things like love, respect and forgiveness. Why don't you question that?

I think it's very important to learn where we came from and HOW we came to be.

It's input nature to he curious about things like that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621771 May 6, 2013
QuickDraw 1 wrote:
<quoted text> The only nonsense here is your wind bagged response. I truly pity people like you and your ignorant, arrogant, blind sited ways.~smh~
I'm sorry....what?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621772 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So.....
Since you claim to know your genetic lineage, you will not die from a preventable illness?
O_o
Howz that?!
Since that's not what I said, I will ignore this response beyond this post.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621773 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
If you spent more time studying the human body and actually interacting with human beings and less studying evolution, you'd know beyond doubt, where and where we did not come from. You see, there are those who spend their lives in a lab or in a book, and those who actually get out there and test what is studied. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies? I'll tell you... Because humans are not rats or monkeys....they are humans. You find, when you actually deal with medicine and people, that often, case studies, lab tests, etc...haven't come close to examining how some things really work when applied to actual lives and human beings who have an array of different issues that effect the whole picture. Don't misunderstand, I have great respect for the research and I am not trying to diminish the necessity of it. But, for a researcher to be condescending and assume their intelligence is above that of the man who gets his hands dirty actually testing their products...well...there really is no place for that. Until, you've actually stepped in the water, don't attempt to tell me it's Temperature based on a thermometer. There is nothing more accurate than truly testing the water for yourself.
So .. you have not studied the human body.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621774 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what religion is, it's all about death, after life, not during.
M'kay.

You're wrong.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621775 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is very much controversy surrounding evolution.
That's why it's still a theory and not a fact.
There's also a lot of guesswork.
Fallacies, so many:

1. In the scientific community there is no controversy in the theory, simply in some minor details, none of which come close to human evolution.

2. A scientific theory is never going to be called a "fact," because facts are evidence and theories are based on evidence, they are not evidence. Two very different aspects and concepts.

3. For something to be called a theory by scientists, there can be no guesswork.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621776 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that's not what I said, I will ignore this response beyond this post.
You wrote:

"So if you want to die of a preventable illness, sure, remain with mythology, but if you want to be happy and healthy, knowing our genetic lineage is the only way."

You work at a Dodge dealership, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621777 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So .. you have not studied the human body.
I'm a FBI agent.....

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621778 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And many more billions of people doubt the bible and the crock about man from dust/woman from rib nonsense.
There is really very little controversy surrounding evolution or at least regarding that human beings evolved as did all forms of life on earth.
Anyone who doesn't find the dust to man nonsense and the rib to woman nonsense to be controversial prefers to believe in fantastical fairy tales rather than facts based on an overwhelming amount of EVIDENCE.
There is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate the "THEORY" that a human being was created from dust or that a human being was created from a rib.
All there is is a book of FAITH to back up such preposterous notions without one single bit of evidence, while the evidence regarding evolution is well beyond plentiful.
You're right...there are billions who doubt the bible. As for the book of faith, well, there actually is evidence to back up many of the people and places spoken of in that book. Much of it, yes, is controversial, because it cannot be tested or proven. The thing about that book, though, is it is filled with information like no other book ever published. It,was written thousands of years ago and is comprised of books written by many authors over a very long span of time. You don't have to believe it...but to disregard it as fairy tale because you can't prove it....well, I think that's preposterous. It's an amazing piece of work and you limit yourself if you refuse to study it's contents, whether you believe or not.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#621779 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach them how to manage their diseases....how to be healthy. Has nothing to do with morals. if you think it's a wasted life, helping someone who is sick to get better and become healthy, then I feel sorry for you.
I applaude you for your dedication in the medical field, i have a sister who started out at the bottom of the ladder in a nursing home been there over 20 years,and now she has been a RN for over 10 years and still works there. Although somewhat of a different fiels but still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min URineIdiot 703,484
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Karl 86,986
Sunday night 10:20 p.m. June 12th 1994 1 hr Doctor REALITY 93
Mexico's """"REAL"""" PROBLEM!!!!! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
When you talk in the mind you are now able to h... 3 hr Mr Hutch 2
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,545
Last post wins (May '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 541