Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#621425 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, u did! On the 8th of April!!! lllllllllllol!! Hi!!!!!
Monday Apr 8
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, u r wrong!
Coz the multiverse proves that evolution can take place on its own!! We r a mistake, just like all the other universes!! There is NOTHING special about us!! If u think different, well, then u r against the science of today!!
Maybe it makes U feel better to believe that your life doesn't mean a damn thing and mommy and daddy made U feel so insignificant as a person that U may think that U being able to breathe and witness the marvels of life is all just a mistake but don't state that science backs this opinion because all evidence points to an origin of an incomprehensible force or intelligence. Now the same famous scientists that we give credit to the discoveries are the very same that will tell anyone that it is supremely idiotic to believe that nothing creates nothing. Are U disputing the conclusions of Einstein, Planck, and the like?!
Haha, aw, yea, didn't remember that!! But damn that was bout a month ago. So I take it that U still feel that intelligent life is all meaningless and the result of a major mishap in the evolution of the universe, right?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#621426 May 5, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, aw, yea, didn't remember that!! But damn that was bout a month ago. So I take it that U still feel that intelligent life is all meaningless and the result of a major mishap in the evolution of the universe, right?
LOL, sorry about that!

What intelligent life? Have u not spoken to most of the posters on this forum, u see intelligence? LOL!:-)

I never used to think that at all. I thought all human-beings were the same and they all had a brain, so their must be an intelligent designer and their must be some divine plan, but now i think their are divine human-beings that have tried their best to open the mind of ignorant people, but it never works.

I honestly don't understand what kind of a loving God would send such divine people into this world full of retards. Is this God's mental institute or something? Why would God let his messenger's be tortured to death by retards? Good people don't deserve to be in this hell!! I wish they would think about themselves and not always about the world.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#621427 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>So, you agree that Timn is Hiding and therefore you maggots run in packs. Don't worry, when you die other maggots will run to join. If I were stupid like you, I would not attempt to debate either. Just flush the toilet when you leave, so you don't leave brain matter behind. HAHAHA....the day you can compete with me is the day Hiding wipes after you...wait, not a good analogy, you will claim you can compete based on that.
Puhleezzz, fool, if you want to dirty the floor, I can got there too, butch.
At least real maggots are harmless...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennifercohen/201...

...therefore, less disgusting.
yep

Chicago, IL

#621428 May 5, 2013
There Is A Record Book
To be well known of men, I may not ever be.
Iím sure my name will not go down in history.
Thereíll be no marble plaques to tell of my good deeds.
Nor any great parades to honor me.
( chorus )

But thereís a record book, my name is written in,
It was recorded there when I was born again.
No one can blot it out, Itís sealed forevermore.
Itís in that book of life kept by the Lord.

For ever deed I do , for every word I say;
There is a record kept until the Judgment day
My name will not be lost , misplaced or overlooked
For itís kept safely in Godís record book.

But thereís a record book, my name is written in,
It was recorded there when I was born again.
No one can blot it out, Itís sealed forevermore.
Itís in that book of life kept by the Lord.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#621429 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, sorry about that!
What intelligent life? Have u not spoken to most of the posters on this forum, u see intelligence? LOL!:-)
I never used to think that at all. I thought all human-beings were the same and they all had a brain, so their must be an intelligent designer and their must be some divine plan, but now i think their are divine human-beings that have tried their best to open the mind of ignorant people, but it never works.
I honestly don't understand what kind of a loving God would send such divine people into this world full of retards. Is this God's mental institute or something? Why would God let his messenger's be tortured to death by retards? Good people don't deserve to be in this hell!! I wish they would think about themselves and not always about the world.
Ok, point given. Not much intelligence in this forum. Me, I'm straddling the line in-between both sides of the argument because both contain the truth about certain things. I don't dismiss either one just because there are a few holes but I acknowledge the whole concept of both as it explains the physical and the so-called spiritual. There is too much more to learn for me or any of us to draw a definite conclusion this early in life without having the entire truth WITHOUT doubt.

Location hidden

#621430 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U can think what u want, u have freedom! But what I am is not going to change by u thinking in a certain way. I'll always be what i am!!
Nuh uh!

The Thought Police will punish us if they have the slightest suspicion that we might be thinking WrongThink-ly-wise.

http://news.msn.com/us/nod-to-god-gets-track-...

Thought Crimes are serious business in the U.S. these days. You can only express your joy the way the government says you can or else you are ostracized for it.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621431 May 5, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I take that analogy back and want to replace it with another. I admit molecules are at the scene, and it seems they are "in use" while we think, so they play a role but still, one cannot assume molecules cause consciousness either just because they are being used.
A better analogy might be this. A copper wire is being used to conduct a signal just as a nerve conducts. Does the wire cause the signal? I think that would be the least likely choice. So why should I believe that molecules actually cause consciousness rather than conduct it?
Your analogy is flawed. If you want to compare you will have to show the whole circuit. Which would be the transmitter which generated then transferred the signals to different locations, then deciphered it in the end product. You are asking if the wires connecting a system is a system.

But the brain works in both directions compared to of the above, the signals are sent via the senses through the wiring and processed in the brain. The brain sends signals to the body to react. But can you say any one part is the cause? I think not, one cannot exist without the other. So consciousness is not just the brain or all it's parts, nor is it just the signals it creates.
It is both of them working together. Consciousness is a concerted effort of a system consisting of both hardware memory and energy.
What is called the neural correlates of consciousness.

In sleep you physically shut down inputs to the system, you close your eyes (Visual Input), You shut down noise (audio input), You ignore sensation(touch), you ignore olfactory input (smell)(taste)
You ignore these things and the brain goes to a subconscious mode.
But the senses are not gone, just in hibernation. While in this mode they create false signals, the eyes rub against the lids
and interpret this as light and creates images. The other senses create signals and our brains fool us. This is dreaming, and unlike totally unconscious, the senses can be brought back to interpreting true signals , you wake up from a noise, or a smell..etc.

A true unconscious state is coma.

So is consciousness just a sum of tissues (brain matter nervous system etc.) Or the sum of them signals within them.
I think not. It is a concerted effort of them both.
Do I think their is a quantum effect in this process?
Yes I do, but the quantum effect does not explain it or create it either. The quantum effect explains how the two halves of the brain communicate, when the bundle of nerves between them are severed. The quantum effect explains how the brain communicates
beyond electrical signaling. The quantum effect explains intuition that cannot be explained by macro processes.

It has been discovered women create cells of their children when pregnant, some of these cells stay with them, they are foreign
and not her own. It has the DNA of her child. Some of these cells embed themselves in her brain. Do I think it is possible these DNA cells can communicate with the host and owner? It could explain some things , but how could this communication be explained? If they were or can become entangled
from host/owner cells or owner/host cells then yes.

Can living cells become entangled with each other sharing information? This would not explain consciousness, but would explain how consciousness can go beyond the hardware, and it's normal mode of signaling through neural pathways. Perhaps this is the mystery of life itself. Perhaps each strand of DNA is entangled or can become entangled with identical DNA.

There I explained what you attempted.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/419590/q...

Location hidden

#621432 May 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nuh uh!
The Thought Police will punish us if they have the slightest suspicion that we might be thinking WrongThink-ly-wise.
http://news.msn.com/us/nod-to-god-gets-track-...
Thought Crimes are serious business in the U.S. these days. You can only express your joy the way the government says you can or else you are ostracized for it.
Tell me what i have just read was a joke? Please? Please? NANO!!!

I always thank God when I get good grades, which i normally do, and if I've been stupid and got a 2.2 in an exam, i still say thanks God, at least i didn't fail, i promise i'll do more revision next time, please support me. And even some of my friends who are atheists used to joke about praying to God before exams, "God, if u exist please help me pass my exams, i'll come to church every Sunday." And we laughed about it!!

OMG, the world just keeps getting more retarded. We are not going to have any freedom in the world, just give it a few hundred years.

But what about the government? It says God bless us every f*ckin' day and God does bless them, lol! It's like whose side is God on??? lol.

Location hidden

#621433 May 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is flawed. If you want to compare you will have to show the whole circuit. Which would be the transmitter which generated then transferred the signals to different locations, then deciphered it in the end product. You are asking if the wires connecting a system is a system.
But the brain works in both directions compared to of the above, the signals are sent via the senses through the wiring and processed in the brain. The brain sends signals to the body to react. But can you say any one part is the cause? I think not, one cannot exist without the other. So consciousness is not just the brain or all it's parts, nor is it just the signals it creates.
It is both of them working together. Consciousness is a concerted effort of a system consisting of both hardware memory and energy.
What is called the neural correlates of consciousness.
In sleep you physically shut down inputs to the system, you close your eyes (Visual Input), You shut down noise (audio input), You ignore sensation(touch), you ignore olfactory input (smell)(taste)
You ignore these things and the brain goes to a subconscious mode.
But the senses are not gone, just in hibernation. While in this mode they create false signals, the eyes rub against the lids
and interpret this as light and creates images. The other senses create signals and our brains fool us. This is dreaming, and unlike totally unconscious, the senses can be brought back to interpreting true signals , you wake up from a noise, or a smell..etc.
A true unconscious state is coma.
So is consciousness just a sum of tissues (brain matter nervous system etc.) Or the sum of them signals within them.
I think not. It is a concerted effort of them both.
Do I think their is a quantum effect in this process?
Yes I do, but the quantum effect does not explain it or create it either. The quantum effect explains how the two halves of the brain communicate, when the bundle of nerves between them are severed. The quantum effect explains how the brain communicates
beyond electrical signaling. The quantum effect explains intuition that cannot be explained by macro processes.
It has been discovered women create cells of their children when pregnant, some of these cells stay with them, they are foreign
and not her own. It has the DNA of her child. Some of these cells embed themselves in her brain. Do I think it is possible these DNA cells can communicate with the host and owner? It could explain some things , but how could this communication be explained? If they were or can become entangled
from host/owner cells or owner/host cells then yes.
Can living cells become entangled with each other sharing information? This would not explain consciousness, but would explain how consciousness can go beyond the hardware, and it's normal mode of signaling through neural pathways. Perhaps this is the mystery of life itself. Perhaps each strand of DNA is entangled or can become entangled with identical DNA.
There I explained what you attempted.
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/419590/q...
What a load.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#621440 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hiding, this is simply a debate forum, not an emotional outburst theater. By the way, you have many "tells". Stop your theatrics and hysteronics. I simply reference the DSM and I do not specify which one. This discussion was over on the 'How can gays be Christian" forum and you brought it here. Since, you are challenged in this area, when I mention the homosexual 302 classification with pedophilia, bestiality, frotterism and necrophilia, that would be the DSM-11. The removal actually came during the 7th printing of that addition.
The facts and truth are this, the removal was due to the bigotry of gays who began infiltrating the APA. I suggest you do some research and perhaps you will discover that under Dr. Nicholas Cummings tenure as president the APA started rejected science studies concerning homosexuality and to a political correctness stance.
Would you care to hear the words of Dr. Nicholas Cummings? How can a legitimate science organization be controlled by the 'gay rights' movement?
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi...
Former president of APA says organization controlled by Ďgay rightsí movement
Hysteronics? Addition?

Dude!

BTW, you're being had by Clementine.

Location hidden

#621441 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, Clementia you just handed Hiding her ass. Hiding used to chime that you were a dumb blonde with dark hair, but your wisdom and intellect is on a plane that Hiding would have to take a space ship to achieve. Young lady, you are intellectually superior to Hiding.*salute*
Lol, I have nothing against Hiding!!

I'm gonna go back to being blonde, it's the best! Everyone used to love me then!

Look, i already have the Aryan superiority complex thingy, stop fueling it!! lol.

Location hidden

#621443 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent point and post. I totally agree. The problem they have is not what they know, but what they don't know. Since, in order to appear to know everything they have to dismiss almost everything which they do not know. I admit that although I have had Hindu friends, I have learned a lot about Hinduism and it's different sects of beliefs. Thank you for teaching me. <smile>
I'm sikh, lol! But basically the original Hindus, lol. U heard of sanatan dharma?

I'm from an endangered race in India, there are so few of us left. We r constantly being attacked and our whole dharma is being corrupted and destroyed. Looks like we got no choice but to start thinking like the elite corrupted Brahmans or get ready to be wiped out. Either way our ancient beliefs will be lost. And when every last ounce of dharma is destroyed, then this earth will truly be hell!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#621447 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>It's a very realistic view of the world, sorry it isn't politically correct!

Thank you for feeling sorry for me! Nice to know u feel something for me!
I see the world more as 99% good people with no real power to change anything vs. 1% people with the power to changes things, but not the will.

That 1% is more invested in their own well being than that of others.

The bottom line is god.

In case you don't know what I mean by "the bottom line", it means, in this case, the profit margin.

Oh, and on that "feeling something" for you?

I didn't know you cared.:)

“Headless Body in Topless Bar”

Since: Sep 07

Hygiene, Colorado

#621449 May 5, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet here you are...right square in the middle of the asylum, posting like a mad man...what's that say about you?
Since you can't quantify your last statement, asylums need handlers. You, apparently, need medication.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#621450 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Always remember, thoughts are dangerous to them when they are not theirs.
Are you Clementias self appointed cheering squad?
Do you use pom poms and have a skimpy outfit to wear?
You become such a topix hissy fit, are you sure you took your medicine?

Hygiene, Colorado

#621451 May 5, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Actually, Jorge, I WAS being intentionally silly...as I do like to keep the debates and conversation somewhat light. I'm not really into the whole...creationist hates atheist club that goes on in this forum. Personally, I have a world of respect for science, scientist, and many of the atheist posters on this site.

2. Just because I don't necessarily agree doesn't, however, make me average and certainly doesn't warrant being called a monkey.

3. I do find it interesting that you see those who wrote ancient writings to lack knowledge though.

4. I will guarantee their knowledge of what was occurring thousands of years ago is far better than yours...I mean since they were alive and you weren't and all.

5. But it's all good.

6. If it helps you sleep at night to call those ancient men who built pyramids with their bare hands,, dimwits, well by all means...have at it.:).

7. I think they were pretty darn intelligent myself.
1. Is the casual reader to be tasked with interpreting your intent? One

2. I did not call you a monkey. Aren't you familiar with the statue where the monkeys have hands over eyes, ears, and mouth? Asking if you found yourself in an analogous pose is not calling you a monkey.

3. Of course they lacked knowledge that we have. Knowledge is cumulative over time. Would you rather go to a physician in Ancient Rome or one at Johns Hopkins, 2013?

4. How can you guarantee this? Please quantify that statement. Look at the physician reference above and extrapolate that into every discipline from ditch digging to astrophysics and every thing in between. I did not claim they had better knowledge of current events than i have of what occured then. You seem confused.

5. Actaually, it's not all good. You are either willfully prevaricating about my position, have serious issues of comprehension, or both. There is no good in any of those scenarios.

6. See, I called no one a "dimwit". I spoke of the expansion of knowledge, knowledge which benefits your life daily. Why must you prevaricate like this? It makes you seem childish. Knowledge and intelligence are no mutually inclusive. To pretend that they are is just ridiculous.

7. Yes, but, based on your post, either your veracity or your intelligence is suspect. Please keep misrepresenting my positions. It speaks volumes about you.

Hygiene, Colorado

#621452 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hiding, this is simply a debate forum, not an emotional outburst theater. By the way, you have many "tells". Stop your theatrics and hysteronics. I simply reference the DSM and I do not specify which one. This discussion was over on the 'How can gays be Christian" forum and you brought it here. Since, you are challenged in this area, when I mention the homosexual 302 classification with pedophilia, bestiality, frotterism and necrophilia, that would be the DSM-11. The removal actually came during the 7th printing of that addition.
The facts and truth are this, the removal was due to the bigotry of gays who began infiltrating the APA. I suggest you do some research and perhaps you will discover that under Dr. Nicholas Cummings tenure as president the APA started rejected science studies concerning homosexuality and to a political correctness stance.
Would you care to hear the words of Dr. Nicholas Cummings? How can a legitimate science organization be controlled by the 'gay rights' movement?
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi...
Former president of APA says organization controlled by Ďgay rightsí movement
Diagnoses and treatments continually change. Have you gone down to your local medico for a bloodletting latel?. The rest of your post is composed of the logical fallacy known as argument from authority. It is known that those fixated on homosexuality can be suppressing something. As long as no one or nothing gets hurt, and sexual activity is consensual and discretionary, why would it bother you?

Location hidden

#621454 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>histrionics? edition?
BTW, it appears that she is handling you all.
By the way, I look at contents and I have seen more content from her in the last 14 hours than I have seen from you in like..........wait on it.........keep waiting.....hmmmm......well like never.
Lol, i can't even handle myself!

That's coz i want to get my convo finished today and end it now!

Hygiene, Colorado

#621455 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hiding thinks that have pompous uneducated thinking and poor writing style can be hidden. The find it humorous, since I know that she took on a male moniker persona because she was whipped so bad in debate by Doc, Buck, Dave and now you. Treat her like you are her mentor.
Wo, the irony of this post is amazing. You have the unmitigated gall to rail against "uneducated thinking" and poor writing style? Haha. That's amazingly awesome. I thought this was not a forum for emotional outbursts. You certainly are quite capable of gossip, despite its admonition in the Bible. Funny, but usually those with "truth" in their sobriquet offer anything but.

Hygiene, Colorado

#621457 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, but learned is a synonym of taught,but they are not always the same. The difference is whether you teach yourself or if another does the teaching. If you are your own teacher, then what you were taught is the same as what you have learned. If another teaches you,then you only learn what another taught you. You find this when you are taught things by rote methology.
Well, learned as a synonym of taught is contained in most thesaurus, but, that is only because of incorrect usage in American vernacular. I really "learned" him good. Yee haw.

in proper usage, llearn means to acquire or gain skill, knowledge or comprehension; teach means to impart skill, knowledge or comprehension to another. You certainly can "obtusify" simple concepts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Epiphany2 612,175
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Vinamese 4,254
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 38 min James 26
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Just Think 589,983
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min ChristineM 443,181
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min Just Think 99,837
hlo koi girl h 1 hr john 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Lost In Transition 176,904
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 271,325
More from around the web