Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621617 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know who Christian Scientists are???
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06/What-...
Wow- first you tried to insist that Catholics aren't Christians and now you put even more of your ignorance on display about the religion you profess to believe in, follow, adhere to and obey.
And really, RR- instead of MOCKING those who actually do research and use google as a means to do so, you might want to resort to doing research more yourself before posting such ignorant questions.
Of course I know what they are. I was trying to find out if Mac was talking about a person or a church or a denomination. He wasn't very clear.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#621618 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>You know Timn....I done a little research, and turns out, there really isn't "clear evidence" on the fusion of chromosome 2, as you stated earlier. Some Scientists do assume that's what occurred, but as always, it's an assumption and there's some pretty strong evidence that suggests major problems with this claim.
Like what?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#621619 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh...that's a two edged sword my friend. Are you seriously going stand behind the idea that only Christians have a biased opinion? Evolutionist have a need to believe in evolution and this need informs their opinion on science as well. Surely you aren't going to say that all data collected and researched by evolutionists is objective.
People don't believe in evolution, people see the evidence that evolution is the truth, thus become knowing and have the knowledge that evolution IS the history of planet Earth.

There is no denying the history , when the physical evidence is right in front of you. It's like the thief on video claiming he didn't do it. The evidence cannot be denied.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621620 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh. Constitutional rights go away at school?
macumazahn wrote:
Yes, they do.
Did you not know this?
Bullshit. If a kid wants to thank God after winning a sporting event, he has that right to do so.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#621621 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if he was screaming "praise the lord" over and over?
He's constitutionally protected to do so.
Yeah, but he would have lost the race, his coach would have given him holy hell, and he would be looking down at the ground.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#621622 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't penrose's ideas been dismissed? A cursory review of the subject reveals that the general consensus is that the wave functions would decohere far too fast to have anything to do with the brain. It's an interesting idea, but that's about it. Also, the "gaps" wherein this quantum woo is supposed to be taking place are actually larger than what penrose originally suggested, making decoherence even more of a problem.
You are functioning under the premise that consciousness is always local, or fixed, and only active in one plane at one time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#621623 May 6, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>You are either a midget without a brain or a giant with a pebble for a brain. Brainwashing occurs rather the idea is true or not. If you have to ask what the motivation to brainwash someone regarding evolution is, then you really are dumb and the obvious early indoctrination at ages where children can only be brainwashed would not even awaken you to a clue. Perhaps, you should have Clementia explain it to you.
If our children were being brainwashed about gravity, without any evidence or sources, then yes. However, gravity has nothing to do with the combat against religion and a God design, evolution origin does. You prove your evolution brainwashing intent, each and every time you insert an absence of believe in God and religion as the only evidence you have for evolution.
So teaching children about god at an early age with no supporting evidence is brainwashing.

Thank you for your support.

San Francisco, CA

#621624 May 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, I apologize.
Most people who call me batty boy are doing it to be offensive.
Good morning, my good friend batty boy.

San Francisco, CA

#621625 May 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
(?)
(!)

Location hidden

#621626 May 6, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> I have never feared " women with intellect", mind you , I have never met one.
xD

I could say the same thing about most men. Far too many consider themselves intellectuals when it is obvious that they are not.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621627 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are attempting to use the word "theory" in layman's terms.
The word "theory" has a different meaning when used in science than it does when used by laypersons.
"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.[1][2] Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. As with all forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and do not make apodictic propositions; instead, they aim for predictive and explanatory force.[3][4]
The strength of a scientific theory is related to the diversity of phenomena it can explain, which is measured by its ability to make falsifiable predictions with respect to those phenomena. Theories are improved as more evidence is gathered, so that accuracy in prediction improves over time. Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3]
******This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unsubstantiated or speculative.[5]******
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theor...
Evolutionists "believe" in evolution because evolution has proven to be fact.
Would you also say that there is no proof that gravity exists because it is referred to as the "THEORY of gravity"?
I hope not.....
We've been over this, OCB. The theory of gravity doesn't prove gravity at all, just where it comes from.

The law of gravity explains why your tits sag.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621628 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh. Constitutional rights go away at school?
<quoted text>
Bullshit. If a kid wants to thank God after winning a sporting event, he has that right to do so.
Apparently, he did not have that right or at least not the right to thank god in the manner he did.

If he did actually have that right, he also has the right to try and sue the government for infringement of his rights.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621629 May 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but he would have lost the race, his coach would have given him holy hell, and he would be looking down at the ground.
Yes but he didn't lose the race. Did you see nano's link to the article?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621630 May 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
(!)
(.Y.)

Location hidden

#621631 May 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So teaching children about god at an early age with no supporting evidence is brainwashing.
Thank you for your support.
The same goes for your buddy Bitner raising her kids to celebrate Halloween all year long; and expects them to believe that witchcraft is real, with tangible results. Too bad she hasn't been able to wish-craft me to death yet, lol, the stupid loser.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621632 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, he did not have that right or at least not the right to thank god in the manner he did.
If he did actually have that right, he also has the right to try and sue the government for infringement of his rights.
Did you read the article? It said the school has rules against excessive celebratory actions... WTF kinda school is that?!

He looked up at the sky and said thanks. That's excessive?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#621633 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh...that's a two edged sword my friend. Are you seriously going stand behind the idea that only Christians have a biased opinion? Evolutionist have a need to believe in evolution and this need informs their opinion on science as well. Surely you aren't going to say that all data collected and researched by evolutionists is objective.
Oh please. Evolutionists don't have a "need" to believe in evolution.

It is creationists who have a "need" to believe the world and all that inhabits it came to be by some sort of "magic".

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#621634 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Even I think that's a little over the top. I mean, maybe if he was obnoxious about it, screaming "praise the lord" over and over, but pointing at the sky isn't that serious.
I agree. That was unnecessarily extreme.
YTube

AOL

#621635 May 6, 2013

p r o o f_____1.5 BIL MUSLIMS shortly to die

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621636 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are attempting to use the word "theory" in layman's terms.
The word "theory" has a different meaning when used in science than it does when used by laypersons.
"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.[1][2] Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. As with all forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and do not make apodictic propositions; instead, they aim for predictive and explanatory force.[3][4]
The strength of a scientific theory is related to the diversity of phenomena it can explain, which is measured by its ability to make falsifiable predictions with respect to those phenomena. Theories are improved as more evidence is gathered, so that accuracy in prediction improves over time. Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3]
******This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unsubstantiated or speculative.[5]******
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theor...
Evolutionists "believe" in evolution because evolution has proven to be fact.
Would you also say that there is no proof that gravity exists because it is referred to as the "THEORY of gravity"?
I hope not.....
I'm quite aware of what a scientific theory is. Are you aware that many have been proven wrong? it's why they are called theories...whether scientific or layman. You can't state something as fact unless you can prove it. Evolution will never be definitively proven as fact, because no matter how substantial the evidence, you cannot possibly PROVE that because something occurs a certain way in a lab in 2013, it is what actually occurred on earth thousands or millions of years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Hotty4088 104,170
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min not religious 44,013
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 27,460
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve 636,745
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min LAWEST100 618,109
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 3 min Mistress5607 189
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 min Jemz1115 4,682
More from around the web