Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#621712 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG. The TOE does NOT tell us that our ancestors are apes- learn what evolution is before you talk about it.
"1. Did we evolve from monkeys?
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys,******but we didn't evolve from apes, either.****** Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids.
2. How did humans evolve?
Since the earliest hominid species diverged from the ancestor we share with modern African apes, 5 to 8 million years ago, there have been at least a dozen different species of these humanlike creatures. Many of these hominid species are close relatives, but not human ancestors. Most went extinct without giving rise to other species. Some of the extinct hominids known today, however, are almost certainly direct ancestors of Homo sapiens. While the total number of species that existed and the relationships among them is still unknown, the picture becomes clearer as new fossils are found. Humans evolved through the same biological processes that govern the evolution of all life on Earth. See "What is evolution?", "How does natural selection work?", and "How do organisms evolve?"
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...
And "don't run off"??
Sorry- I have a life to live outside of Topix.
Gotta go.
Then there's the problem such as Homo floresiensis which really puts a big "monkey wrench" In The theory of human evolution.
Here you got a hominid that's older than Lucy, tiny size brain, yet is a tool builder when it had already been established that only a larger brain could create tools AND not found in Africa.

I understand that new discoveries are being found quickly, but I find it arrogant at times for some to say "we know, it's fact, its been proven" regarding our history of human origins. Even the measurement of the rate of change in our DNA is in question.

We think we know. But do we really?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#621713 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- you have stated your opinion borne of your misogyny.
Misogyny you were either taught and raised to believe or else misogyny you picked up along the way due to women you have known.
Of course, your opinion may be fact to you, but your opinion is NOT representative of the majority of women in this world.
Either way, still only your opinion. And yeah- a very HATEFUL opinion at that.
Oh well.
It certainly isn't 'hateful'.

It's more like 'humorously'.

Calm down.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621714 May 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. The facts contained therein were insufficient for an informed judgment on the matter.
Then use an uninformed judgment.

Like Kirk told Spock, "Take a guess"

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#621715 May 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
From the evolution of tetrapods. But before 25 million years ago is very hard to distinguish the exact evolutionary linage.
Some think Ida is a human ancestor, but it isn't clear that it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JANwVq018C4XX
Sorry...that's been debunked by SCIENTIST...not creationist.

http://news.discovery.com/history/missing-lin...

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#621716 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the fact that "not all scientists are darwinists," isn't meaningless nor is it fallacious at all, particularly when a Darwinist claims all scientific data presented by a Christian is biased or irrelevant. Project Steve isn't pointing out a flaw in logic...it simply pokes fun at christians in an attempt to diminish the truth...which is...Christian Scientists have and still do present factual scientific data. Project Steve is clearly an infantile attacking rebuttal by evolutionist when Christians merely point out the fact that objective Christian scientists have made remarkable discoveries.
I can find evidence both for and against evolution. But the one thing that is for sure, the theory of Evolution violates two laws of science. The Second Law of Thermodynamics (law of increasing entropy) and the Law of Biogenesis. And, on chromosome 2, unless you object to reading scientific data on a Christian site, here's some good scientific research that shows there is NOT clear evidence of the fusion. http://creation.com/chromosome-2-fusion-2
...an absolute load of crap.

Both authors in the paid employ of Creation Ministries International and the Institute for Creation Research. One of them has a PhD from a diploma mill which was closed by the FBI in 1999, the other "doesn`t understand the science", more like he can`t understand the science or his salary dries up.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#621717 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what -----> I <----- consider them.
They consider themselves Christian.
But like I said, they're atypical Christians. They're very odd people.
What's your point?
So, "atypical" Christians aren't.

That reduces your numbers by well over 50%.

Makes you a minority, doesn't it?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#621718 May 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unworthy". We're talking about "unworthy".
Religionistas are the ones who primarily use that term. Not atheists.
Try to stay on track, ok?
my message is - "for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..." i.e., the redemption of mankind was WORTH the sacrifice of the Son of God.

i can't speak for religious folk, but i just quoted the Son of God's mission statement:)

“I speak my mind”

#621719 May 6, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And we SHARE an ANCESTOR with apes; that is NOT to say that HUMANS descended from apes.
And no....I didn't type all that- it's called cutting and pasting and is REALLY easy to do.
And so what IF- and I repeat- IF- because it's NOT the case but is purely hypothetical- but what IF we HAD descended from apes?
Would that cause you to shriek in horror and go running in the streets totally aghast, appalled and frightened?
Pfft.
No, actually it wouldn't bother me at all if it were true...but I highly doubt it is and when people state that it's fact that we share a common ancestor and then go on about chromosome fusing as a means to support it...well..it just gets under my skin a little. I mean do you fully understand what you claim you believe? You keep insisting we didn't descend from apes...yet the most compelling evidence that evolutionist have to date is the chromosome fusion 2 model. let me help you out....

This molecular model involves the hypothetical fusion of two small acrocentric chimpanzee-like chromosomes (2A and 2B) at some ancient point in the human evolutionary lineage. From this fusion, is where the human lineage supposedly separated from the apes and came about. If that is in fact the case, then YES, we would be the direct result of a chimpanzee...or at least chimpanzee-like chromosomes.

Don't get all frustrated for goodness sake. I'm just trying to,get a clear picture of what y'all really think here. I mean, heck, it's your belief not mine.

Nottingham, UK

#621720 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Science debunks itself...but isn`t there a conspiracy to promote evolution? Would science debunk itself if it was invested in certain facts being true? You know like CMI or The Institute for creation research...

So good of you to make the distinction between creationists and scientists...saved me the trouble.

“I speak my mind”

#621721 May 6, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...an absolute load of crap.
Both authors in the paid employ of Creation Ministries International and the Institute for Creation Research. One of them has a PhD from a diploma mill which was closed by the FBI in 1999, the other "doesn`t understand the science", more like he can`t understand the science or his salary dries up.
Well then, by all means debate these two misfits arguments with evidence that clearly refutes and debunks their claims. I'm game to listen.
Nobody

Irving, TX

#621722 May 6, 2013
Yeah its soooo much easier to hate each other than to love each other , huh guys? right? just by reading everyones post I can see that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#621723 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Have done, done/did...<throws hands up> I've made a grammatical error...how will I ever recover? Lol...I'm southern...we speak a lot of slang and tend to make these grammar mistakes on occasion. Thanks for pointing that out...I stand corrected!:)
Not when you make a claim that you had done research, because to do research your reading comprehension must at least be on par with mine. Most of my typos are actually keyboard related, typically caused by shifting between code to English mode. Slang is simply an excuse for not being educated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621724 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it wouldn't bother me at all if it were true...but I highly doubt it is and when people state that it's fact that we share a common ancestor and then go on about chromosome fusing as a means to support it...well..it just gets under my skin a little. I mean do you fully understand what you claim you believe? You keep insisting we didn't descend from apes...yet the most compelling evidence that evolutionist have to date is the chromosome fusion 2 model. let me help you out....
This molecular model involves the hypothetical fusion of two small acrocentric chimpanzee-like chromosomes (2A and 2B) at some ancient point in the human evolutionary lineage. From this fusion, is where the human lineage supposedly separated from the apes and came about. If that is in fact the case, then YES, we would be the direct result of a chimpanzee...or at least chimpanzee-like chromosomes.
Don't get all frustrated for goodness sake. I'm just trying to,get a clear picture of what y'all really think here. I mean, heck, it's your belief not mine.
Now I know you are lying in your first sentence, because if it would not bother you at all you'd consider all the evidence, not just one portion. Even if one bit of evidence is incorrect, and in this case you cannot demonstrate how it is incorrect, the rest of the evidence is still valid. All the evidence points to common ancestor, all of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#621725 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then use an uninformed judgment.
Like Kirk told Spock, "Take a guess"
You described how religious "answers" are formed.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#621726 May 6, 2013
Nobody wrote:
Yeah its soooo much easier to hate each other than to love each other , huh guys? right? just by reading everyones post I can see that.
They started it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621727 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, "atypical" Christians aren't.
That reduces your numbers by well over 50%.
Makes you a minority, doesn't it?
No dude, WBC is not 50% of Christians...

Nottingham, UK

#621728 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, by all means debate these two misfits arguments with evidence that clearly refutes and debunks their claims. I'm game to listen.
Listen to this....

You have pulled out a spurious `argument from authority`. so don`t whine when your authorities are examined and found wanting.

“I speak my mind”

#621729 May 6, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Science debunks itself...but isn`t there a conspiracy to promote evolution? Would science debunk itself if it was invested in certain facts being true? You know like CMI or The Institute for creation research...
So good of you to make the distinction between creationists and scientists...saved me the trouble.
Nah, I don't think there's a conspiracy to promote evolution. It is what is. Darwin, a very intelligent man, threw some well thought out theories out there and many, who choose not believe in God, Allah, whatever, just latched on to the concepts. They fit for some, not for others. Let me state my position here...I believe in God...but I get why many don't. I'm simply engaging in debate. For the record, I have a great deal of respect for science, although I am very skeptical about many of the theories.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#621730 May 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You described how religious "answers" are formed.
No sir, that'd be your little theories....

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#621731 May 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no debunking , there is just not enough supportive evidence. It very well maybe a human predecessor, but it is thought to be too old, but whatever the hominids came from is in that category, or nothing has yet been found of it. The hominids certainly didn't jump out a hole in the ground , they came from some type tetrapod. Or perhaps your god created the first Australopithecus and it was called Adam.
But that's the same as saying it jumped out a hole in the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 692,190
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 27 min Ongoleaks 47,374
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 21
THANK YOU!!!!! Metro PCS Mobile Service!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
I got my "Christmas Present" from METRO PCS Tod... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Goomba 493
Daniel besaw 3 hr Fegar 1
More from around the web