Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#620977 May 2, 2013
What trips me out about evolution is that there isn't any transitional fossils found. There has to be dozens of them in order for evolution to be 100% true. Yet not one is found. Why?!? All we see is that plants and animals reproduce after their own kind and nothing more. There isn't ANY EVIDENCE WHAT-SO-EVER that supports animals evolving into something else other than their own kind. There is no transition and the fossil record proves that. So why do people feel that evolution is the whole truth and nothing but?!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#620978 May 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>RR is a bit.. slow.
Ooooh...well...I'm not familiar with RR...been on a respite from the Prove God thread for a while. I suppose I'll have to go back and read a few of his/her posts to draw up my own opinion on this RR...

:)

“I speak my mind”

#620979 May 2, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
What trips me out about evolution is that there isn't any transitional fossils found. There has to be dozens of them in order for evolution to be 100% true. Yet not one is found. Why?!? All we see is that plants and animals reproduce after their own kind and nothing more. There isn't ANY EVIDENCE WHAT-SO-EVER that supports animals evolving into something else other than their own kind. There is no transition and the fossil record proves that. So why do people feel that evolution is the whole truth and nothing but?!
Totally agree. Let me warn ya though, I know this crowd, they'll turn you upside down with scientific hoo hah and have you half way questioning your own question in a matter of a few posts. If you're gonna ask that question, take my advice, stick to that question and make em produce the transitional fossil evidence...good luck!!!:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#620980 May 2, 2013
Every fossil is a "transitional fossil." But if you are talking specifically about animals that appear to be "in between" two other animals, there are plenty of examples. Many of humanity's recent ancestors, for instance.

Location hidden

#620981 May 2, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree. Let me warn ya though, I know this crowd, they'll turn you upside down with scientific hoo hah and have you half way questioning your own question in a matter of a few posts. If you're gonna ask that question, take my advice, stick to that question and make em produce the transitional fossil evidence...good luck!!!:)
How about human ancestral fossils that have pelvises that are very human like, but not quite? Which, of course, suggests a slow transition to bipedalism. In addition to many other traits that are "in between." Transitional enough? I think the problem is that when the average creationist asks for a "transitional fossil," they aren't really quite sure what they want. Transitional fossils are everywhere, with several prominent examples.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#620982 May 2, 2013
Lying won't help in fact, It will do you no good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transiti...

“I speak my mind”

#620983 May 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Every fossil is a "transitional fossil." But if you are talking specifically about animals that appear to be "in between" two other animals, there are plenty of examples. Many of humanity's recent ancestors, for instance.
Expound on that...humanity's recent ancestors...

Location hidden

#620984 May 2, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Expound on that...humanity's recent ancestors...
Many things I could expound on. The ever increasing brain size found in our recent ancestors. Feet that go from being well adapted to climbing to being well adapted to walking upright. Go look at an artist's rendering of homo habilis, then homo ergaster, then homo eructus, then read up on them. Wiki can teach you a lot more than me. There is a clear progression from "ape like" to "human like." Even eructus, which is clearly on the "human like" side of the scale, displays a wide pelvis that is not quite suited to bipedalism.

I think the issue is that when people say "transitional fossil," they want some set in stone, clear 50/50 mix of two different species. That's not how it works. Small changes happen over time - it's not like one day a monkey woke up with a big brain, then the next day it woke up as a modern human.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#620985 May 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Every fossil is a "transitional fossil." But if you are talking specifically about animals that appear to be "in between" two other animals, there are plenty of examples. Many of humanity's recent ancestors, for instance.
Prove it. Where are these fossils that appear "in between"

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#620986 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta slip the new words in occasionally.
Pretty soon, you'll have a modicum of literacy.
It may never outshine his benthic density, though.

The Borderland of Sol

#620987 May 2, 2013
Pffft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudskipper

https://www.google.com/search...

Pay attention - all species are transitional.

Location hidden

#620988 May 2, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
ergaster

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#620989 May 3, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up with all the Australians here on the Topix religious forums?

They're all creatards it seems.

Not that that's a bad thing of course.

All from Sydney or Adelaide?????

Baffling..:-)

The Borderland of Sol

#620990 May 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#620991 May 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"You stare into your high definition plasma screen monitor, type into your cordless keyboard then hit enter which causes your computer to convert all that visual data into a binary signal that’s processed by millions of precise circuits, which is then converted to a frequency modulated signal to reach you wireless router where it is then converted to light waves and sent along a large fiber optics cable to be processed by a super computer on a mass server which then sends that bit you typed to a satellite orbiting the earth that was put there through the greatest feats of engineering and science, all so it could go back through a similar pathway to make it all the way here to my computer monitor 15,000 miles away from you just so you could say,“SCIENCE IS ALL A BUNCH OF MAN MADE HOGWASH!”- Anon.
I have know idea why you think what I wrote meant Science is a bunch of MM hogwash!
I think science is great.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#620992 May 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with us???

Melbourne, Australia

#620997 May 3, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you on a computer? You can go to so many sights and see thousands of fossils. They explain it all, you can chat with other interested people and even ask questions of the many different scientists, fossil hunter's, etc.
These fossils haven't only been dug up and studied by one group of people, but by scientists from all over the world. All coming up with the same conclusions.
Type in evolution.

Melbourne, Australia

#620998 May 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not.

Location hidden

#621000 May 3, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>What? My post was about quantum physics so you must have had thoughts way in the gutter to pull that one out. You know what they say about interpreting images and hidden thoughts?
I would recnogize your uniquely bad style of butchering the english language anywhere. It's ok. Your secret is safe with me.

Location hidden

#621001 May 3, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Which means that you are out of your element. Your rote accumulation of information only fits in small spaces. It falls apart when it has to be expanded upon.
Ugh. This is pointless. You didn't ask me to expand on anything. You said "the macro world does not follow the laws of quantum physics therefore quantum physics is 'false.'"

Am I really supposed to respond to that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min dollarsbill 3,333
I Got AIDS from a Gay Wedding Cake! 5 min andet1987 4
the REAL REASON Bruce Jenner thinks he's a 'woman' 7 min Doctor REALITY 1
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 8 min andet1987 1,796
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min hojo 583,961
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min His Eminency dr S... 611,843
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed (May '14) 23 min we would love 2 c... 61
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min WasteWater 98,969
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Jac 442,808
More from around the web