Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In Acts 17:30, Paul was speaking to the Greeks about their many gods and about their many idols. He was teaching them about God so they were no longer ignorant of Him.
You quote Titus 2:11-13, but you stopped there. Notice verse 15....
"These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you."
Knowledge of God must be learned.
Those who are truly ignorant of God will be judged, but not like those that are not ignorant of Him.
That's what I love about the Grand Mystical Immoral Book of Multiple Choice. You can make up whatever you want. It's awesome.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. To those that know about God and choose to reject Him will not go to Heaven.
But a person ignorant of God and His laws doesn't mean they're of to Hell. It depends on how they've lived their lives.
Everyone will face God when they are judged. Everyone.
Eternal torture for finite thought crime. Immorality at its finest.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Everyone will face God when they are judged. Everyone.
Ooooh, so scawy. You're screwed.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I misspelled. I meant the Laws of Thought.
Look it up, I can't do all your homework for you.
Laws of Thought!(Waves arms!). Thor is real!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice Kitty ran from my questions? She always does like the rest of the cowards.
I didn't.

Logic!(Waves arms!) Therefore, Horus!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did you notice Kitty ran from my questions? She always does like the rest of the cowards.
Pssst, anyone who calls themselves whatever it is you fancy yourself is so totally full of Shiite. Come on, how about not referencing CARM or any other scam apologist and explaining exactly, in your own words, TAG and why it directly points to your culturally-conditioned divine master. After all, if you were born in Islamabad, you could plug in Allah and there would be no difference. Presuppositional apologetics are nonsense. God!(Waves arms!). Therefore, God! Whoop!

In the meantime, since looking at moving pictures might be more helpful to you that's the written word, you failed "Logic! God!" Meme is thoroughly eviscerated here:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

and in five parts, here:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

I find it so sad that you don't even understand what you are selling and you're not even smart enough to profit from it like Matt Slick. Once again, ontological and presuppositional 'arguments' are useless.

We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years.-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)

If you had anything good, you would offer it. Rhetorical tricks and logical fallacies ain't it, Sparky.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you have a different position?
Now, now, you know that missionary is all you're allowed. Anything else is sodomy.

Hey, explain this. Lot. Ran away in a hurry from Sodom, but, was amazingly able to cart enough wine that he could get drunk enough to not recognize he was fadiddling his own daughters for not one, but, wait for it, two nights. Now, I don't know about you, but any man drunk enough to not recognize his own daughters would have a serious case of brewer's droop. Not only is the story absolutely implausible and obviously the product of fertile imaginations in the desert, but it is so sordid and sad. So utterly sordid and sad.

Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too

Don't get drunk and pretend they are raping you. Sheez.

What about these?

There is a story where the Israelites are instructed to cover up their feces outside their encampment, because Almighty God was inclined to stroll around at night, and he didn't want to step in any deuces. Hmm, Johnny Omnipotent can't step around it? No wonder He only shows up on toast.

Moses was going to walk through a mountain pass with God, and God thought Moses might see His face, so he covered Moses' eyes with His Holy Hand as He passed, but it was okay that Moses saw His Holy Backside. God must be proud of that booty!

Unicorns, sartyrs, and giants, oh my. And the giants survived the flood! Whoop! can I get a Manut Bol, everybody? Yep, they're in there. I've got unicorns for sale. Low mileage.

The Tower of Babel is ridiculous. To think that men would really, honestly try to build a tower to reach heaven... well that is clearly mythology to start with. And then to think that divine master would be so concerned about it as to mess up their languages is just too strange. It's a pathetic attempt to explain the origin of languages by the primitive and the ignorant. We know that languages evolve. Taxi?

After God creates Adam, they look amongst all the animals to find a suitable mate for Adam, but they are unsuccessful. Apparently, the divine master forgot about New Zealand. A million people and 50 million sheep. Whoop!

Satanl trying to get God to worship him by bribing him with Earth is priceless. But, God, it's only been driven by an old lady to church. Which church? Ah, there's so many and none of them agree. Which one is right? Why, the one I go to, of course. The rest of those idiots are wrong.

The Second Book of Chronicles, chapter 13 verse 17, contains the incredible statement that 500,000 Israelites were slain in a single battle. This is simplly unbelieveable. This is more than were lost in any single battle of World War II, and even exceeds the number of deaths that resulted from the dropping of the atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The greatest single battle of the Civil War was at Gettysburg, and the defeated army had 28,000 casualties (that includes both the wounded and the dead). Both sides together had approximately 51,000 wounded or dead. The actual number of those killed in action during the entire Civil War (1861-1865) was 110,100 for the Union and 94,000 for the Confederacy. Now, who can believe that 500,000 Israelites were slain in a single battle? Yep. Nuts.

A group of sexual depraved men beat on the door of an old man's house demanding that he turn over to them a male house guest. Instead, the old man offers his virgin daughter and his guest's concubine (or wife): "Behold, here are my virgin daughter and his concubine; let me bring them out now. Ravish them and do with them what seems good to you; but against this man do not do so vile a thing." The man's concubine is ravished and dies. The man then cuts her body into twelve pieces and sends one piece to each of the twelve tribes of Israel. Yahweh loves Him some rape.

Priceless!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What scientific evidence do you base your belief on?
Another ridiculous question. You're good at those. Oh, you're parroting that from known huckster Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis. Bwahahaha. Really, that is your go to guy? A man who'd couldn't find any rubes in Australia so he set sail for Kentucky, where the jernt is loaded with them. The taxpayers built a highway for him to enrich himself on the backs of the easily conned. Why wasn't that pork protested by the cogniscenti? The Creation Museum? Bwahahaha. A ridiculous theme park that is starting to hemorrhage money as even thickly-syruped Christians realize how ridiculous it is. Don't forget to exit through the gift shop. You can buy a tiny torture device or a homage to planet-wide genocide with cute, little stuffed animals to teach children that mass murder is A OK.

You really need to get to smarter thieves than Ham and Slick. They are making you look foolish. Or, keep going. You're providing a service.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wasting time RR. They are unable to account for Laws of Logic in their world view.
First they would have to admit that...well let's wait for someone to refute my claim, then I will show you...
Perhaps one day you will have a revelation that attempting to offer "logical absolutes" as evidence for your culturally-conditioned divine master is useless, as it does nothing to define whichever god it is that you are imagining. Any hard questions to answer don't lead to, Boom! Therefore God! As time has irrevocably passed, the explanations for things once attributed to a god or gods are continually revealed to be not dependent on a transcendent "mind" or power. The gaps are shrinking. The gods are waning, melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. Your argument from ignorance is a failure.

I know you are unable to define truth and absolutes. Matt Slick can't do it and won't, because it is bad for business, so I won't even ask you to do so. Just the way you phrase this question proves you don't even really understand it and are just parroting a professional shill.

The term “Logical Absolutes” is an oxymoron invented by Matt Slick. This terminology is nowhere to be found in academia, including the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Why? Because logic is not absolute. Logic is concerned with the patterns in reason that can help tell us if a proposition is true or not. However, logic does not deal with truth in the absolute sense. Logicians use formal languages to express the truths which they are concerned with, and as such there is only truth under some interpretation or truth within some logical system. Logic is always systemic and within the context of a pre-defined system of axioms. Logic has its limitations. Axiomatic rules are pre-defined by humans for use in a specific context and can never be absolute. There are hundreds of systems of logic which are independent of each other and not absolute, like: Classical, Fuzzy, Intuitionist, Quantum, Mathematics, et al.

Please do some reading so you don't appear to be just another duped rube, the flotsam and jetsam that your religion has produced for many years.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So true. Sadly it seems to be a common theme on these threads. Certain people proclaiming themselves "free-thinkers" yet claim to know absolute truth and condemn any who challenges their views or behaviors.
Bwahahaha. Unintentionally ironic post of the day. Are you asserting a positive god claim and consider it the absolute truth, like "Expert" tries to ridiculously do with the malleable axioms of logic? That is so rich.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's a direct response to your inquiry of:
"Does this work for you? Let's say you live your entire life without ever hearing of God, you die, and you are tortured for an eternity. Where was the justice in that?"
You are wrong. I just showed you that.
There is no justice in torturing someone for eternity for a finite thought crime, either, but you've swallowed that concept hook, like, and "stinker".
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What was he wrong about?
Was it his claim that it's not justice or was he wrong about those who haven't heard of your Jesus going straight to hell?
When he obfuscates, it's easier to backpedal.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you? The bible directly refutes it.
Oh ya, how could I forget? Your confirmation bias won't allow you to see any other way than yours.
Actually, you claim it does while the self-anointed "Expert" claims it doesn't. Which spokeswhore is rights.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot counter it. Your bias is established. Even Gid sitting next to you wouldn't convince you, what can I do? Nothin.
Perhaps you should think about the laws if thought, they present principles first, then reasoning.
I remember you arguing before that the supernatural could not be quantified by the natural. Since your divine master vacillates between natural and supernatural, and now you claim it could spider poof, eyeing up my curds and whey, which is it. Is it natural or supernatural? If it is natural, it is testable, falsifiable, and repeatable. If it is supernatural, it might as well not exist. Care to buy some Jesus toast?

If you were born in Islamabad and your divine master came to you in a vision, which version would that be?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you claim it does while the self-anointed "Expert" claims it doesn't. Which spokeswhore is rights.
I only see you posting and talking to yourselves?
are you ok? on your Top??
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, "consciousness" is a collection of mental traits, resulting in the awareness of the self. Most mammals exhibit this "consciousness" all the time.
What if this life was merely the Matrix? What if we were all living in a computer simulation? How would knowing how the "outside" universe help us to survive "inside?" Would knowing the speed of light in another universe help us to develop communications equipment in this world? Would knowing how electricity works in another universe help us to develop computers and light bulbs in this world? Think on those.
Is it solopsistic in here or is it just me?

“I suppose that one reason I have always detested religion is its sly tendency to insinuate the idea that the universe is designed with 'you' in mind or, even worse, that there is a divine plan into which one fits whether one knows it or not. This kind of modesty is too arrogant for me.”
&#8213; Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22: A Memoir

“Any theory which causes solipsism to seem just as likely an explanation for the phenomena it seeks to describe ought to be held in the utmost suspicion.”
&#8213; Iain M. Banks

“The worst mockery God can make of a moralist is that He compels him to be a
solipsist.”
&#8213; Kedar Joshi

“You can find me in the frozen mood section.”
&#8213; Henry Rollins, Solipsist
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I remember you arguing before that the supernatural could not be quantified by the natural. Since your divine master vacillates between natural and supernatural, and now you claim it could spider poof, eyeing up my curds and whey, which is it. Is it natural or supernatural? If it is natural, it is testable, falsifiable, and repeatable. If it is supernatural, it might as well not exist. Care to buy some Jesus toast?
If you were born in Islamabad and your divine master came to you in a vision, which version would that be?
Can't help but notice that you have not tried to refute any arguments but only offer personal attacks. Are you trying to compensate for having a small pecker?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever."— Robert Green Ingersoll, "Crumbling Creeds."
Ingersoll was awesome. A true Enlightenment scribe. An atheist, responsible for things like the 40 hour work week and the demise of the company store. A true humanitarian. A learned intellectual. A man who had thousands come to hear him speak, his eloquence a beacon to theists and atheists alike.

Ingersoll was beloved by outstanding people in all walks of life. Among his admirers were president James Garfield, poet Walt Whitman, President Ulysses S. Grant, industrialist-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, inventor Thomas Edison, preacher Henry Ward Beecher, and women's rights pioneer Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Ingersoll especially impressed Mark Twain. After hearing Ingersoll speak, he wrote his wife: "He poured molten silver from his lips. What an organ is human speech when it is employed by a master!"

Some notable quotations:
· A fact never went into partnership with a miracle. Truth scorns the assistance of wonders. A fact will fit every other fact in the universe, and that is how you can tell whether it is or is not a fact. A lie will not fit anything except another lie.
· Few nations have been so poor as to have but one god. Gods were made so easily, and the raw material cost so little, that generally the god market was fairly glutted and heaven crammed with these phantoms.
· Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself.
· Happiness is not a reward - it is a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment - it is a result.
· Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
· If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New Testament, he would be insane.
· It is a blessed thing that in every age someone has had the individuality enough and courage enough to stand by his own convictions.
· It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.
· Surely there is grandeur in knowing that in the realm of thought, at least, you are without a chain; that you have the right to explore all heights and depth; that there are no walls nor fences, nor prohibited places, nor sacred corners in all the vast expanse of thought...
· The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation, and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance called 'faith.'
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, but not through your eyes and mind set. I set and gaze at the beauty that springs forth this time of year, and in the fall with all its colors as well. And just try to comprehend the power and force and the love and compassion He has for us, that he would Create such a beautiful place for us to dwell in for a short time.
<quoted text>
Your choice, your right.
<quoted text>
Happy trails..
Yeah, we'll, you're missing a major step, there is no evidence that any of this was "created." Tide goes in, tide goes out, eh, Bill?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Can't help but notice that you have not tried to refute any arguments but only offer personal attacks. Are you trying to compensate for having a small pecker?
I haven't attacked you, at all. If you haven't noticed the refutation, it is because you are willfully ignoring it. It is there in several posts. You do yourself a disservice with this approach. Keep going. It is very helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min JudgeNJury 259,193
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min Naveen kumar 978
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min andet1987 4,247
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min lisw 172,914
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min 1859Petesake 117,774
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min seriously the ori... 537,024
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min waaasssuuup 441,073
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr Jennette 75

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••