Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620709 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, but not through your eyes and mind set. I set and gaze at the beauty that springs forth this time of year, and in the fall with all its colors as well. And just try to comprehend the power and force and the love and compassion He has for us, that he would Create such a beautiful place for us to dwell in for a short time.
<quoted text>
Your choice, your right.
<quoted text>
Happy trails..
Yeah, we'll, you're missing a major step, there is no evidence that any of this was "created." Tide goes in, tide goes out, eh, Bill?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620710 May 1, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help but notice that you have not tried to refute any arguments but only offer personal attacks. Are you trying to compensate for having a small pecker?
I haven't attacked you, at all. If you haven't noticed the refutation, it is because you are willfully ignoring it. It is there in several posts. You do yourself a disservice with this approach. Keep going. It is very helpful.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620711 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Can't help but notice that you have not tried to refute any arguments but only offer personal attacks. Are you trying to compensate for having a small pecker?
Where was the personal attack in that post which was not even an answer to you, hmmmm?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620712 May 1, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
I only see you posting and talking to yourselves?
are you ok? on your Top??
"Myselves"? Could you repeat this post in "Engrish"?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620713 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps one day you will have a revelation that attempting to offer "logical absolutes" as evidence for your culturally-conditioned divine master is useless, as it does nothing to define whichever god it is that you are imagining. Any hard questions to answer don't lead to, Boom! Therefore God! As time has irrevocably passed, the explanations for things once attributed to a god or gods are continually revealed to be not dependent on a transcendent "mind" or power. The gaps are shrinking. The gods are waning, melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. Your argument from ignorance is a failure.

I know you are unable to define truth and absolutes. Matt Slick can't do it and won't, because it is bad for business, so I won't even ask you to do so. Just the way you phrase this question proves you don't even really understand it and are just parroting a professional shill.

The term “Logical Absolutes” is an oxymoron invented by Matt Slick. This terminology is nowhere to be found in academia, including the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Why? Because logic is not absolute. Logic is concerned with the patterns in reason that can help tell us if a proposition is true or not. However, logic does not deal with truth in the absolute sense. Logicians use formal languages to express the truths which they are concerned with, and as such there is only truth under some interpretation or truth within some logical system. Logic is always systemic and within the context of a pre-defined system of axioms. Logic has its limitations. Axiomatic rules are pre-defined by humans for use in a specific context and can never be absolute. There are hundreds of systems of logic which are independent of each other and not absolute, like: Classical, Fuzzy, Intuitionist, Quantum, Mathematics, et al.

Please do some reading so you don't appear to be just another duped rube, the flotsam and jetsam that your religion has produced for many years.

Chomp, chomp.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620714 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, and you haven't really offered anything to refute. Logical absolutes is an oxymoron, one you clearly don't understand, which you parrot from known hucksters like Adam and Slick. Those aren't personal attacks. Those are just the facts, ma'am.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620715 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
What is most obvious is that you are unable to tackle anything I have presented to you so you try this approach on a post that wasn't even addressed to you. Fail. Epic fail.

Logic!(Waves arms!). Therefore, Vediovis!

Here you go, the Transcendental Argument for the Non-Existence of God!

Logical absolutes cannot be absolutes if they are subjective by being God-based. God could simply ignore the number 7 or believe that killing children is good (He's been there and done that, no tshirt) and the logical absolutes would change. Therefore, they would not be logical absolutes or objectively true but rather subject to the whims of God.

This is why "Biblical morality" is not objective but subjective, as per the Euthypro Dilemma.

"Is that which is good commanded by God because it's good, or is it good because God commands it?"

Morality by fiat, which transmogrifies often at the whim of the divine commander is ridiculous.

"The point I am concerned with is that, if you are quite sure there is a difference between right and wrong, then you are then in this situation: is that difference due to God's fiat or is it not? If it is due to God's fiat, then for God himself there is no difference between right and wrong, and it is no longer a significant statement to say that God is good."
— Why I Am Not a Christian
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620716 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Wait, I missed that last line when I first read this ridiculous post. You Topix Christians are a very strange lot. Thank you for the concession speech and admitting that I have eviscerated your ridiculous attempt to parrot Slick and Ham. By the way, I don't have a pecker, at all, but my clitoris is marvelous. Why are you obsessed with penis?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620717 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
If the classical laws of logic depend upon God for their existence, then the classical laws of logic must not apply to God. If they did, this would be like a mother giving birth to her mother, a ceiling supporting itself in the air, or an effect causing itself or the cause of its parent cause.

Since the law of the excluded middle would not apply to God: any statement about God, as well as its negation, may both be true. So,“God exists,” and “God does not exist,” may both be true. Demonstrating “God exists,” would fail to imply that “God does not exist,” is false.

Since the law of non-contradiction would not apply to God: contradictory statements about God may be true.

Therefore,“God exists and does not exist,” may be true.

Since the law of identity would not apply to God: God may be other than, or not, God.

If this variant of the transcendental argument for the existence of God is accurate, any attempt to think rationally about God proves itself absurd. This, of course, includes any and all logical arguments for the existence of God, including this variant of the transcendental argument for the existence of God. It would also render all other claims made concerning God meaningless.

You're dismissed.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620718 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Pssst, you don't have an argument. Like your divine master, all you have is hot air and a big bag of Bulshirt.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#620719 May 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
Yeah, we'll, you're missing a major step, there is no evidence that any of this was "created." Tide goes in, tide goes out, eh, Bill?
Are you thinking of going out with the Tide?

Swimwear is recommended.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#620720 May 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Swimwear is recommended.
Now you tell me.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#620721 May 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We're just plain nasty people.
Aren't we.
Very nasty.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620722 May 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Swimwear is recommended.
Yet, optional. More curious theism. The body was allegedly designed, yet we are to cover it up and be ashamed. How utterly stupid.

The best argument against design? Foreskins. Hmmm, let me put one on the tally whacked just to require them to cut it off in a barbaric, non-consensual, unhygienic ritual. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620723 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Can't help but notice your penis obsession and your inability to respond with anything resembling wit, relevance, or cogent thought. You lose.

Look, the ape ran away with his prehensile tale between his legs, yammering, "Logical absolutes. Logical absolutes!" Look at the oxymoron go.

You're as useless as a male nipple. Design! Whoop!

Hey, did you know some babies are still born with a prominent tail, a provenance of our vestigial coccyx? Surgery is required. Design! Whoop? No, whoops!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620724 May 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Very nasty.
Nasty is a belief in a retributive divine master, poised to strike at a moment's notice for thought crime. Silly and nasty.

There was a Christian on Topix, Educator was her sobriquet. She related a story about a science teacher that had the audacity to teach science in her school. One day she was hit by a car. What did "Educator" post, reveling in her good fortune? "Jesus really mowed her down!"

Christianity. It is a sick, twisted, perverted belief.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#620725 May 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Very nasty.
Catcher isn't nasty.

I'm a nice guy, doing the best I can.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#620726 May 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, optional. More curious theism. The body was allegedly designed, yet we are to cover it up and be ashamed. How utterly stupid.
The best argument against design? Foreskins. Hmmm, let me put one on the tally whacked just to require them to cut it off in a barbaric, non-consensual, unhygienic ritual. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
I disagree.

In my view, the design defect was placing the testicles on the outside.

Surely a god could have designed an internal cooling system, or made the gonads less sensitive to heat.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#620727 May 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Now you tell me.
If you forgot your swimsuit, I'm really in trouble, because I was going to ask to borrow yours.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#620728 May 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>...

You're as useless as a male nipple. Design! Whoop!
Get a clue...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

...loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 6 min pete 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Seraphima 542,569
FIFA 15 Working Keys 8 min Posnez 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min Isb 849
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min yon 3,105
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Aura Mytha 227,525
The Anti-Christ 16 min Bev Jamison 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Charlie Sheen 259,525
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,093
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr well 95,508
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••