Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#620876 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Long Beach....
Cool salt air, sunny sky, massive cargo container vessels, brown smog and cool, filthy green sea water....
Seems you haven't been there recently.

San Francisco, CA

#620877 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Jackie Johnson (hand check required at this point) its supposed to heat up to 101 tomorrow in the I.E.(Inland Empire)
http://appreciationofbootednewswomen.blogspot...
I'm an Evelyn Taft fan.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620878 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry lil lady, I hadda stop ya there.
Before we can continue, you'll have to provide verifiable, observable evidence that "gods don't exist".
Anytime.
Until they can be demonstrated to exist, it is as if they don't. The multi-god of the bauble is demonstrably false. Shall we start there?

This is a nice ploy to deflect from the evidence that you had nothing more than a culturally-conditioned emotional response.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620879 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
What would I do with your list?
Who knows. It seems to interest you.

San Francisco, CA

#620880 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been over to Ports O' Call just on the other side of the Vincent Thomas Bridge? It used to be a very romantic and exhilarating area to take dates but now its gone downhill and its actually kind of gross.
Now I just go to San Diego Seaport Village and the Gas Lamp district. Long Beach needs to bring back its MOJO.
Ports O' Call is in San Pedro, not Long Beach.

And BTW, it's going to get a total rehaul.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620881 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
No... It's a real place... you should go there.....
I gave you the GPS co-ordinates...
Nice deflection. You are either willfully obtuse or intentionally prevaricating or both. In any case you are just helping the demise of your immoral belief system. I thank you.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620882 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we can continue, you'll have to provide verifiable, observable evidence that "gods don't exist".
Anytime.
One of the subjects that did not have a god experience in the experiment was arid hard Dawkins. He wasn't culturally conditioned to have a divine master so the experiment failed on him.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#620883 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an Evelyn Taft fan.
I've never seen her, but I'm sure she gives good weather too...

#620884 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Who knows. It seems to interest you.
It does? I don't remember asking for a list but I do remember you offering one.... hey.... what are you trying to push?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620885 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think religion is a virus? Dayum.
Allegorically, yes. It is passed on from host to host on those unable to be inoculated against it generally due to age and powerlessness. It takes different strains depending on the culture. The cure can be emotionally and physically difficult due to the pervasiveness of the disease. It causes divisiveness among those who "catch" it. It has all the hallmarks and negatives of a virus and is just as dangerous. Your "god vision" fortunately did not lead to flying airplanes into buildings, but it has for others.

As a member of Western culture, you are affected by religious indoctrina- tion. No matter what your own upbringing is, you live in a religious sea and cannot help but imbibe some of the waters. Funny how this important message of "salvation" didn't hit the Western Hemisphere until 1492 and there it came on the end of a sword with a rape and pillage side salad.

““The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security.”
-John Passmore

Here is what the virus has wrought:

I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won’t have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!
-Jerry Falwell

There will never be world peace until God’s house and God’s people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world.
-Pat Robertson

The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church’s public marks of the covenant – baptism and holy communion – must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel.
-Gary North

I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good ... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don’t want equal time. We don’t want pluralism.
-Randall Terry

We – with God’s help – call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God’s order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan’s U.S. troops and the devil’s supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.
-Osama Bin Laden

Not much difference between the victims of the virus. Their intent is to sicken others with their disease. In each of these quotes hate, intolerance, supremacy and exclusivity are central concepts. The religious virus has the power to spread these ugly ideas. Mark Twain described you virus carriers quite well.

“We despise all reverences and all objects of reverence which are outside the pale of our list of sacred things and yet, with strange inconsistency, we are shocked when other people despise and defile the things which are holy for us.”
-Mark Twain
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620886 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime.
Imagine this scenario: You have a serious conversation with a deeply Christian friend. Your friend is intelligent, well educated and knowledgeable. You agree to record the session. The topic is Islam. During the session, you discuss that Mohammed was a self-appointed prophet and that he claimed he talked to Allah and angels. He wrote a book that he claimed is infallible, and he flew from Jerusalem to heaven on a horse.

During the conversation, you agree that Mohammed was probably delusional to think he could talk to god. You agree that the Koran was clearly written by Mohammed and not by Allah. It is ludicrous for him to claim that he is the last prophet and that all others are false. Neither you nor your friend can believe that he flew to heaven, let alone on a horse. It all sounds too crazy, and you both agree it is difficult to see how someone could believe such a religion. At the end of the conversation, you say that Muslims did not choose their religion; they were born into it. Anyone who was exposed to both Christianity and Islam would see that Christianity is the true religion.
Over the next few days, you transcribe the recording onto paper. Then you change all references to Mohammed and make them Jesus. Now the document reads something like this:

During the conversation, you both agree that Jesus was probably delusional to think he could talk to Jehovah. The Bible was clearly written by men and not by Jehovah. You both agree it is ludicrous for Jesus to claim that he is the last prophet and that all later ones are false. Neither of you can believe that he rose from the dead, nor flew to heaven. It all sounds too crazy, and it is difficult to see how someone could believe such a religion. At the end of the conversation, you both agree that Christians did not choose their religion; they were born into it. Anyone who was exposed to both Christianity and Islam would see that Islam is the true religion.

Now, tell your friend,“I made a transcript of our conversation about Islam and would like to go over it with you.” As you read it, watch her reaction. How does she respond to each statement? How soon does she get defensive? How quickly does she start making elaborate arguments that have no more factual basis than the first conversation? If you persist in this line of parallel reasoning, how long before she gets angry or breaks off the conversation? Could this conversation damage your friendship?

You can do the same experiment with other prophetic religions. For example, substitute Joseph Smith for Mormonism or Moses for Judaism. This experiment illustrates the god virus at work. It infects the brain and alters critical thinking skills. It leaves the skill intact for other religions but disables critical thinking about one’s own religion.

The virus makes you fail the outsider's test for faith. The virus is cultural conditioning, nothing more, and always passed to the least powerful in society.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620887 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>It does? I don't remember asking for a list but I do remember you offering one.... hey.... what are you trying to push?
Nothing. I'm not a religion. I don't have a financial angle. You're not very bright, are you?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620888 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>One of the subjects that did not have a god experience in the experiment was arid hard Dawkins. He wasn't culturally conditioned to have a divine master so the experiment failed on him.
Richard, not dry and hard. Haha.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620889 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a virus.

Religions have five useful properties that are present in different degrees, including the ability to

1. Infect people.
2. Create antibodies or defenses against other viruses.
3. Take over certain mental AND physical functions and hide itself
within the individual in such a way that it is not detectable by
the individual.
4. Use specific methods for spreading the virus.
5. Program the host to replicate the virus.

Every religion is more or less effective in each of these areas.

Some people who experience a religious conversion seem to undergo a personality change. They can be quite congenial and easygoing when talking about mundane things, but when they start talking about their “faith,” their demeanor changes. Their tone of voice modifies, their smile becomes tense, and they become defensive when questioned about their evidence for belief. It becomes difficult to have a friendly conversation with them. It looks like a scene from the cult movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), where alien pods take over the brains and bodies of people and change them into emotionless automatons.

Once a person has converted to a religion, it is difficult to have a rational conversation about the irrational aspects of his religion. It is as though something invaded the person and took over a part of his personality. You can no longer talk to him directly. Instead, it seems as if communication is channeled through a religious being that lives inside of him. Well-rehearsed answers come out of his mouth. Things like,“It is a mystery and we are not meant to understand it.” Or “God expects us to follow his commands without question.”“Jesus spoke to me and I know he is in my heart.” It is quickly evident that rational analysis of these statements is not permitted.

You've seen that all here before.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620890 May 2, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>It does? I don't remember asking for a list but I do remember you offering one.... hey.... what are you trying to push?
Not the list, the tiny weenies seemed to interest you.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#620891 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually all religions rely upon early childhood indoctrination as the prime infection strategy. Other infection strategies include proselytizing, offering help and financial aid with strings attached, providing educational opportunities at religious institutions and many other approaches which we encounter frequently in the media and in daily exposure to religion.

When a religion infects a person, it immediately begins creating antibodies against competing viruses. For example, newly minted Baptists will get Bible study that is full of verses and justifica- tions for the rightness of their religion and a host of arguments against other interpretations. In the early stages, it is a race to get as many antibodies as possible into the new convert so the host will have defenses against the rest of the world, and especially competing religions. Once a person is infected with Catholicism, he is rarely tempted to become a Muslim. Once a person is infected as a Baptist, she rarely becomes a Buddhist. Generally speaking, when children are infected with a specific god virus, they stay reasonably close to that religion for the rest of their lives. A Baptist may become a Lutheran or Presbyterian, but rarely Catholic, Muslim or pagan.

Religious immunity is a powerful program designed to ensure that the children are protected from outside influence. In a pluralistic society, this is important. The virus cannot control contact with other religions in the environment, so it takes prophylactic measures to keep people blind or unreceptive to other religions. This is especially important for children whose immunity is not yet complete.

A virus.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#620892 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you're a weirdo. Martin Luther was inspirational to the Nazis. You know, the founder of your splinter Catholicism.
I'm sure Martin Luther is a big hit in the orthodox Jew world too.
Is that so weird to understand?

#620893 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing. I'm not a religion. I don't have a financial angle. You're not very bright, are you?
My apologies.... I didn't know you were a member of MENSA...
lol! don't let your head get stuck on the way out the double doors...
thats right... pull... don't push.....

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#620894 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not the list, the tiny weenies seemed to interest you.
Al isn't your type tiny weenie. But Nano will most likely find you curious enough to chew your ass out.

#620895 May 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not the list, the tiny weenies seemed to interest you.
but you like the Big Uns....???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min We Are Almost There 4,383
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min Halle Berry Sister 176,947
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 38 min Al Capone 5,904
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 43 min Frank Nutz 19
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 45 min Halle Berry Sister 2,407
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min truth 590,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 612,184
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 99,967
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Finley 31
More from around the web