Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What was he wrong about?
Was it his claim that it's not justice or was he wrong about those who haven't heard of your Jesus going straight to hell?
You didn't read my response to him either, did you? He was wrong about it. Here's the post again.

The Bible says God will judge all people righteously. There will be a stricter judgment for people that have rejected Jesus than those who have never heard of Him.

Paul tells us that those who have never heard of the law are not attributed to sin under the law.

The people who have never heard of the law are judged by the law of God which He has placed into their hearts:

Romans 2:14-16

14 Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.
16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only going to respond to this one post.
I trust the laws of logic. If we can call anything impossible, we must start with logical contradictions. The Bible describes "God" in logical contradictions.
This is my position. See what you can do to counter it.
I cannot counter it. Your bias is established. Even Gid sitting next to you wouldn't convince you, what can I do? Nothin.

Perhaps you should think about the laws if thought, they present principles first, then reasoning.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You *believe* consciousness is a product of the molecules that make up our brain. There is no evidence to support a mechanism for consciousness therefore it can only be a belief. Where's your "skepticism" on that one?
You *believe* that consciousness came into being rather than always being in existence. You have no way of knowing whether it is a quantum phenomenon that could co exist with a big bang. And even if it wasn't of quantum origin, you have no way of knowing the extent of 'existence' in which consciousness or 'life as we know it' could have been coexisting with the events we believe to have taken place.
You *believe* that what we experience is a "first order" reality and not, on some level, an illusion. And even without any of that, there is no absolute knowledge, so pretty much everything is a belief.
Besides all that, why do you guys insist that you hold no beliefs when it's so obvious that you actually believe there is no higher power. If you were truly neutral you wouldn't belittle the idea so much.
<quoted text>Does that sound like someone that lacks a belief on the subject? Sounds to me like you believe it is impossible for a higher power to exist.
Actually, "consciousness" is a collection of mental traits, resulting in the awareness of the self. Most mammals exhibit this "consciousness" all the time.

What if this life was merely the Matrix? What if we were all living in a computer simulation? How would knowing how the "outside" universe help us to survive "inside?" Would knowing the speed of light in another universe help us to develop communications equipment in this world? Would knowing how electricity works in another universe help us to develop computers and light bulbs in this world? Think on those.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot counter it. Your bias is established. Even Gid sitting next to you wouldn't convince you, what can I do? Nothin.
Perhaps you should think about the laws if thought, they present principles first, then reasoning.
Wasting time RR. They are unable to account for Laws of Logic in their world view.

First they would have to admit that...well let's wait for someone to refute my claim, then I will show you...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you? The bible directly refutes it.
Oh ya, how could I forget? Your confirmation bias won't allow you to see any other way than yours.
I must admit, I have never read but little portions of the Bible, and know very little about it. I have been learning on these threads.

I notice that you learned something new, but you are overusing it: the concept of "confirmation bias."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasting time RR. They are unable to account for Laws of Logic in their world view.
First they would have to admit that...well let's wait for someone to refute my claim, then I will show you...
What do you mean "account" for them? They exist, we know what they are and how they function, and we even have mathematical formulas for most of them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, "consciousness" is a collection of mental traits, resulting in the awareness of the self. Most mammals exhibit this "consciousness" all the time.
What if this life was merely the Matrix? What if we were all living in a computer simulation? How would knowing how the "outside" universe help us to survive "inside?" Would knowing the speed of light in another universe help us to develop communications equipment in this world? Would knowing how electricity works in another universe help us to develop computers and light bulbs in this world? Think on those.
It only works for him, if it is impossible to understand. I do not share this perspective in any aspect. Nothing is beyond understanding, but some things are very complicated and not explained by a single factor. There no single thing you can point to that caused the living to become conscious. But there is a myriad of things that can be shown that make the living conscious.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "account" for them? They exist, we know what they are and how they function, and we even have mathematical formulas for most of them.
You say they exist? Do you base this on scientific evidence or faith that they exist?

Are they universal in nature?

Are they conventions of man?
Anonymous

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

It depends on what proof you want. Some people have life and death experiences, or maybe visions, and this is enough proof for them. You can't prove God, and that is why for Christians, faith is so important. Technically it makes sense, because if God could be proved, then what point would there be in God?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, dude. It's true. Tide claimed that it's not justice that people who have never even heard of Jesus go straight to Hell.
He was wrong.
I can't remember exactly where the comment was in the bible but I remember that it was claimed that ignorance of the "Law", or Word, was an acceptable exception to the rules for gaining access to heaven, IOWs, that a person had to have heard the Word first, then, had to deliberately reject it to actually BE dead forever instead of being resurrected.

The closest quote I CAN remember is the one in John 9:16, where Jesus implied that there were a number of "other" people that he was going to preach to.

It also doesn't say that a person starts burning immediately after dying. It says we sleep until the *judgement day*.

I'm not an expert on the bible but I do remember some of it fairly well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Bobndeez wrote:
It depends on what proof you want. Some people have life and death experiences, or maybe visions, and this is enough proof for them. You can't prove God, and that is why for Christians, faith is so important. Technically it makes sense, because if God could be proved, then what point would there be in God?
Then it would actually have to do something.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're suggesting a hypothetical scenario. If something happens to me that I consider impossible, I will seriously consider the possibility that I'm hallucinating. Since it's possible that I can hallucinate while not being able to identify if that is happening, I would never be able to place an impossible explanation above that one.

Hallucination is but one of countless possible explanations for experiences that seem to indicate that something impossible has happened.

As a rational skeptic, I evaluate evidence. I don't form conclusions and fit the evidence to those conclusions.

What would you believe is happening if you find yourself walking around without a head, yet you have all the faculties you would have if your head was still there? Would you immediately accept that you have no head, or would you consider the possibility that you are hallucinating first?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I have no idea what you are suggesting.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you spend most of your topix time trying to be annoying condescending, adversarial, opinionated, and hostile to any thoughts other than those that mirror your own.
Gee, I wonder how that happened....
Anonymous

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then it would actually have to do something.
Personally, I believe in God. I don't practice religion or anything; if God came I'd be roasting in the front row. But think about it, even science can't back up theories of evolution and our past. It seems to me that a higher intelligence has to have created us; whether it is our God or not, that is up to you to decide.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
I must admit, I have never read but little portions of the Bible, and know very little about it. I have been learning on these threads.
I notice that you learned something new, but you are overusing it: the concept of "confirmation bias."
I'm still not convinced that he knows what confirmation bias is.

He's just throwing it out there like he's fishing.

It's plain to see that he suffers from constipation bias.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read my response to him either, did you? He was wrong about it. Here's the post again.
The Bible says God will judge all people righteously. There will be a stricter judgment for people that have rejected Jesus than those who have never heard of Him.
Paul tells us that those who have never heard of the law are not attributed to sin under the law.
The people who have never heard of the law are judged by the law of God which He has placed into their hearts:
Romans 2:14-16
14 Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.
16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Heck, I shoulda read this first. That sounds similar to what I was thinking of.:-/
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they exist? Do you base this on scientific evidence or faith that they exist?

Are they material in nature?

Are they universal in nature?

Are they conventions of man?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Bobndeez wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I believe in God. I don't practice religion or anything; if God came I'd be roasting in the front row. But think about it, even science can't back up theories of evolution and our past. It seems to me that a higher intelligence has to have created us; whether it is our God or not, that is up to you to decide.
What do you mean science can't back up evolution and our past?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder how that happened....
I haven't a clue, perhaps you could explain it?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Bobndeez wrote:
And since God doesn't exist, he'll never be proven.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

403 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Aura Mytha 224,029
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 min Aura Mytha 5,217
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Rama Naicker 4,544
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 7 min Ed Teach 53,160
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 8 min cretin56 4,095
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Aura Mytha 256,401
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Liam 532,451
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 15 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••