“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#620633 May 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still not convinced that he knows what confirmation bias is.
He's just throwing it out there like he's fishing.
It's plain to see that he suffers from constipation bias.
He has a vague idea of what confirmation bias means. Couple that with his cognitive dissonance and he'll more than likely(based on his past history) run with that notion like a thief with a purse.

Running and crashing into everything trying to get away with it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#620634 May 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still not convinced that he knows what confirmation bias is.
He's just throwing it out there like he's fishing.
It's plain to see that he suffers from constipation bias.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a vague idea of what confirmation bias means. Couple that with his cognitive dissonance and he'll more than likely(based on his past history) run with that notion like a thief with a purse.
Running and crashing into everything trying to get away with it.
Oh, and as far as his constipation bias goes, he'll get jammed up sooner or later.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#620635 May 1, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Both Ollie and I want you to know that the Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.
Anything else 'deviates' to suit itself.
Go Figure
I have figured, and decided that no religion should for any reason clam to be the ONE true.
Because it has spread and continues to spread such hate, prejudice, self-righteousness. Words that don't equal "GOOD". In my book.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#620637 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would kindly have to disagree with what you say here, and the Bible also disagrees with what you think.
The Bible says in Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Titus 2:11-13
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to ""all men""..
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
As well in romans 1: 18-20
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
In other words, no man can stand before God and claim that he turned away from Him because God never provided any understanding of, not only His existence, but also many details of His power and works among men. How is this possible? Apart from the reality of creation, one reason is the ready availability of the Bible. Into how many languages and dialects have men translated it? Nearly everyone on earth can read or hear it in his own tongue!
What's this "nearly" everyone on earth can read or hear it in his own tongue.
The amount of people that have lived and died upon this earth that have never heard nor seen.
Though they certainly felt how amazing their environment was and thank other Gods, it would seem to me your God was OK with that, and that is what the above means to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#620638 May 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nice, now show us where it says that in the book of historical fiction!
It's not in your silly book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0812968492/ref=...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620639 May 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take my chance.
And preserve intellectual integrity.
I'm not afraid of any gods.
Boo!
That's your choice.

I'm not afraid of any gods, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620640 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would kindly have to disagree with what you say here, and the Bible also disagrees with what you think.
The Bible says in Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Titus 2:11-13
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to ""all men""..
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
As well in romans 1: 18-20
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [divine nature], so that they are without excuse.
In other words, no man can stand before God and claim that he turned away from Him because God never provided any understanding of, not only His existence, but also many details of His power and works among men. How is this possible? Apart from the reality of creation, one reason is the ready availability of the Bible. Into how many languages and dialects have men translated it? Nearly everyone on earth can read or hear it in his own tongue!
In Acts 17:30, Paul was speaking to the Greeks about their many gods and about their many idols. He was teaching them about God so they were no longer ignorant of Him.

You quote Titus 2:11-13, but you stopped there. Notice verse 15....

"These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you."

Knowledge of God must be learned.

Those who are truly ignorant of God will be judged, but not like those that are not ignorant of Him.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#620641 May 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It only works for him, if it is impossible to understand. I do not share this perspective in any aspect. Nothing is beyond understanding, but some things are very complicated and not explained by a single factor. There no single thing you can point to that caused the living to become conscious. But there is a myriad of things that can be shown that make the living conscious.
That's kind of what I stated in what you quoted.
pete

Birmingham, UK

#620642 May 1, 2013
Prove there is a God?
Can anyone absoutely prove that there isn't?
pete

Birmingham, UK

#620643 May 1, 2013
Fact is, nobody can prove anything, either way.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#620644 May 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So true. Sadly it seems to be a common theme on these threads. Certain people proclaiming themselves "free-thinkers" yet claim to know absolute truth and condemn any who challenges their views or behaviors.
We're just plain nasty people.

Aren't we.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#620645 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your choice.
But you don't want to roast I hell.

Threatened, helpless and paranoid, you.

Off to the gym.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#620646 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your choice.
Then why would you worship a tyrant?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#620647 May 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We're just plain nasty people.
Aren't we.
Yup. It's in the handbook.

Page 1.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
yTube

AOL

#620648 May 1, 2013

P R O O F ..1.5 BIL MUSLIMS TO SHORTLY DIE

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#620649 May 1, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Both Ollie and I want you to know that the Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.
Anything else 'deviates' to suit itself.
Go Figure
Your Pope wants to bestow your Pope's blessing upon both of you Stanley and Ollie. You are truly protectors of the Catholic Church and with this being the first of May, its so enlightening to see you gentlemen start off a new beginning to a new summer even though summer has not yet officially arrived. Why, even your Pope has returned to living in the Vatican.

Keep up the good work and may the Peace and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your families.

Your Pope
Francis I

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620650 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you worship a tyrant?
I don't. You must be mistaking me for someone else.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#620651 May 1, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that after 'much' checkingUP, there is NO -Bobloblaw.
This is NO game.
You are not even the equivalent of a cockroach.
You continue to be a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains who while trying to plagarize oru words...only keeping phuckingUP.
Go Figure
Your Pope says that it has almost become common knowledge that Stanley has inside information that Mr. BobLoblah is on hiatus ever since his last meeting with my predecessor His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI concerning a personal matter concerning Mr. Loblah's possibility of marriage to a member (Bob knows her personally...in the flesh)...of Topix forums on another topic. Fortunately for Bob, he has money and in addition to that he has several houses around the world to hang his hat on. However, in the end the woman was only interested in the money which caused Bob to raise hell on several fronts..including her family's bank. Needless to say, Bob went to Asia and presently spends some time with his Hobby-Farm which is raising alligators. Your Pope can't imagine Bob doing this, but chuckles on thinking of Bob culling the broods, sending the hides off to Taiwan who cure them and re-sell them all over the world. Imagine some well-to-do ladies are carrying around Bob's handbags and some cowboys are wearing Bob's boots too. However, that aside, Mr. BobLoblah is alive and well and will be back to carry on his task of being a Crusader for Christ.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Yes.

Oh yes Ollie, you have to do one small thing. Remind Stanley not to use his awful language even though its tough sometimes from letting hateful messages go unanswered in kind.

May Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you both always.

Your Pope
Francis I

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#620652 May 1, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I have figured, and decided that no religion should for any reason clam to be the ONE true.
Because it has spread and continues to spread such hate, prejudice, self-righteousness. Words that don't equal "GOOD". In my book.
Your Pope just cannot help realize how helpless you feel as you live day-by-day with the pain in your heart of having nothing of interest in your life.

Your Pope presumes that you have read the words of Paul and other Roman Catholic theologians to come to your decision and have not based it on heresay and the actions of others.

For all the evil in this world, this world is still mostly filled with good, honest, law-abiding, kind, considerate, compassionate, caring, loving, and humble people.

Why not become one of them.

The Lord be with you. And with your Spirit.

Have mercy on us O Lord, for we have sinned. Now we must go and sin no more.

Your Pope
Francis I

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#620653 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your choice.
Your Pope will point out to you that everyone has fear of the Lord.

It's only a matter of time for them to achieve it.

For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord.
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit,
and in the glory of GOD the Father.
Amen.

Your Pope
Francis I

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 6 min Lumajuice 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min mike 605,271
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Rick in Kansas 265,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 560,139
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,841
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web