Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have kids?
Does it matter if I have kids? You seem to think that making a child automatically makes you an expert. As you have demonstrated, this is not the case.

Babies don't learn in the way that adults do. You seem to think they do.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the f_ck is it with this generation that thinks babies are stupid?
Didn't say they were stupid. They also do not have fully realized brains.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!
Ya, dude. OK...... "babies don't manipulate"....
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
Wow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you advocate spankings only when the child is mature?
Doncha think that's a little too late to start?
<quoted text>
BINGO!
The baby learns very quickly that they can't throw a fit when you take a toy away at bedtime, or when they refuse to eat their food and throw it on the floor, or when they yank on the dog's ears....
<quoted text>
Get your mind out of the gutter - this debate is not about a baby crying, it's about their actions.
You specifically said that you hit your baby for crying. They do not make the connection that you seem to think they make. They learn "crying gets me hit." Not "crying for 'no reason' gets me hit."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!!
Sorry, timn. I had to stop ya there.
You think liberals "defend our rights"????
Then why the f_ck are they trying to deny us our right to bear arms?
Amongst many other rights the liberals want to take away - like the right to use a God damned plastic bag at the grocery store if I feel like it.
When I said "damned liberals," I wasn't referring to the overall left, I was referring to myself, which is why I put it in quotation marks.

But ok, you go along on your plastic bag crusade and your penis compensator protest, and I'll worry about the important things, like the government turning the US into a paranoid police state perpetually at war with the enemy of the week.

But I like how you avoided everything I said.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't ever prove the existence of a God. This proves that guy was really lucky.

RR wrote:
Prove it.

saidI wrote:
The man is alive after falling 8 floors. There's your proof that this guy is really lucky.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they don't. They come out with a still-developing brain.
And it's the parent's job to teach, train and develop them.
Not to be their bitch.
The parent's are in charge, not the child.
That seems a difficult concept for "lefties"...
My system for child rearing is quite simple. I sold my son to the gypsies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"We turned on eachother and allowed the government and the media to instill paranoia and fear in us all"
Did "we" do that?
'cuz I remember quite differently.
Because you are a white american who was caught up in the go team america nonsense. It was pretty dangerous to look muslim after 9/11. And when I say "we," I am talking about people in general. We turned on people who looked a little different than us, and we allowed ourselves to become desensitized to the murder of innocent people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They've got to keep their rich buddies in the military industrial complex rolling in green.
I think some of those people breathe money.
Yep. Pretty much. The US isn't even a democracy anymore, it's a corporatocracy. People get elected by big money, and then they owe big favors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they don't. They come out with a still-developing brain.
And it's the parent's job to teach, train and develop them.
Not to be their bitch.
The parent's are in charge, not the child.
That seems a difficult concept for "lefties"...
No, hitting a child for crying seems to be a difficult concept for "lefties."

Remember, I'm not a "lefty." I'm not a big fan of the partisan bickering that the right vs. left dichotomy creates in this country. It's a great way to keep people distracted from the issues that actually matter. Case in point - you consider a plastic tax more important than the patriot act, simply because of your knee jerk reaction against anything on the "left."

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nevermind, I was mixing up negative reinforcement and positive punishment.
The point is, spanking a 6 month old child for crying does nothing but create a fear of crying.
I agree, which is why I've never spanked a 6 month old baby for crying.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
And yes, there are many more things we should be doing to help the environment, or at least reduce our impact, but one thing at a time RR. You can't expect for plastic to go away overnight. Taxing plastic bags is a good way to get people to really think about whether they really need to put 20 plastic bags into the trash every time they go shopping.
OK, RR understands that.

And agrees.

One thing at a time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is again....
"You don't understand"
UGH!
Here, read psychology.about.com
It'll tell ya all about it.
Dude, don't try to school me on psychology. It's a stupid mistake that's easy to make. I don't get my knowledge on this from google.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
You said "atheism is also socially supported." Where was the part where you qualified that statement? The fact is, it's not. It doesn't require social support to exist. It does not need to be "propped up" by social validation, because it doesn't require us to believe in things that directly contradict reason, logic, and evidence.
OK, that's a nice opinion.

It's funny how atheists always think themselves smarter amd superior to us lowly theists.

Of course without any reason, logic, or evidence...
Atheists don't want it "their way," they want it the way that the founders wanted it - a seperation of church and state.
HA! You did not just go there, did you?

The founding fathers wanted the separation so they'd be free to practice their religion.

They held Congress in a church, wanna go back to that?
I don't know about the specifics of the cross that has you so upset so I can't comment, but religious symbols shouldn't be displayed on public land.
"shouldn't be"? Why not? It's not illegal...
What if the US became majority muslim overnight? Would you defend crescent moons being displayed in front of courthouses? Or "in allah we trust" on our money?
No, but I wouldn't persecute it either. If that's what the majority wants, so be it.
Also, there is a big difference between advocating for seperation of church and state and discriminating. The removal of a cross, no matter how much sentimental value it has, does not count as discrimination or an attack on your religion,
I absolutely is an attack on religion. It absolutely is discrimination. It absolutely is bigotry.

But I see your thinking - as long as it's pointed towards religion or a religious symbo, that's ok.
and it is not "our" fault that your faith is so fragile that it depends on public displays thereof.
It has nothing to do with frailty, it has to do with respect - a trait atheists just won't grasp.(as that sentence showed)
Atheists are actually discriminated against - I can turn on the radio or the TV and find a pundit talking about how school shootings happen because "we took god out of schools" or someone talking about how atheists are causing the downfall of america.
LOL, you consider that discrimination? That a man, a "pundit" is voicing his opinion?

Whouldn't you just love it if we all shut the hell up? Oh well...

Or we can do it your way; "It is not "our" fault that your faith in atheism is so fragile that it depends on public opinions agreeing with you."

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Your point? I know he has the ability. Yet he allows his little simulation to run, knowing full well exactly how many of his beloved creations will end up burning in hell for eternity.
*shrugs* Hey pal, that's your choice.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter if I have kids? You seem to think that making a child automatically makes you an expert. As you have demonstrated, this is not the case.
Babies don't learn in the way that adults do. You seem to think they do.
Based on your comments about babies, I assume you don't have any.

You can't learn how the raise a child by reading a book.

Try living with one for years and years and years.

Then add another one and start all over.

You tend to learn quite a bit.

And I've learned not to take child rearing advice or opinion from anyone that doesn['t have kids. They're always wrong.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!!
Sorry, timn. I had to stop ya there.
You think liberals "defend our rights"????
Then why the f_ck are they trying to deny us our right to bear arms?
Amongst many other rights the liberals want to take away - like the right to use a God damned plastic bag at the grocery store if I feel like it.
so you are against the gov't denying us our rights...

so you are against outlawing drugs, after all we should be free to put anything we want into our bodies...it doesn't affect anyone else

euthanasia should also be legal

abortion should be unrestricted and legal

finally something we can agree on

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

saidI wrote:
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't ever prove the existence of a God. This proves that guy was really lucky.
RR wrote:
Prove it.
saidI wrote:
The man is alive after falling 8 floors. There's your proof that this guy is really lucky.
Really?

I say it's proof that God saved him.

Prove me wrong.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My system for child rearing is quite simple. I sold my son to the gypsies.
Ahahahahaha!

Did you get rich?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are a white american who was caught up in the go team america nonsense. It was pretty dangerous to look muslim after 9/11. And when I say "we," I am talking about people in general. We turned on people who looked a little different than us, and we allowed ourselves to become desensitized to the murder of innocent people.
We did?

huh....

I thought we were killing our known enemies.

But ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 589,061 - 589,080 of679,139
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

635 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 511,552
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aerobatty 216,195
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Naveen kumar 360
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 250,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min PetesaKe 109,339
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 21 min Dale_Harris 52,442
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 45 min USA-1 37,808
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 47 min devbrain 214
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 596,440
teen snapchat nudes 10 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••