|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't compare dogs to children, I compared training dogs to training infants, you know the kind that don't speak?
Oh wait, no you don't know.
Whatever dude, I don't beat my dogs. Never have, never will.
And just like beating a dog makes them angry during training, beating an infant will make them troubled.

Typical of a sociopath to use an excuse that "I was refering to this, not that". What's the different between whether we are talking about infants or older children? Still the same applied, you are just desperate.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing, I wasn't saying babies shouldn't want to be held. I was saying a baby needs to learn to be on their own, sometimes they feel the need too much that they want to be held - so much that when mom puts them down, they cry. Everytime. Children need to learn to be on the parent's terms, not the parents on the child's terms.
<quoted text>
Sometimes they do. It depends on the sitiuation. If the kid is out of control and won't listen to you......well...
<quoted text>
Absolutely. I agree.
How can a baby learn to early to be on their own? A child needs support, they need the parents to support them so they can grow, and in their own time they will be able to learn to be on their own.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

OCB wrote:
I can't stand your use of the word "train" for children, but whatever.
That's probably why God denied you children.

Thank God you don't!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

OCB wrote:

That your sons are respectful and kind does not necessarily have to do with how you are raising them.
While it's often true that the apple does not fall far from the tree, in your son's case, they may have very well rolled out of harm's way all on their own.
And really- if they are respectful and kind they certainly weren't taught that by you since you are really neither.
I'm sure you'd think them being kind and respectful is thanks to 'nature'....
Again- that you are a parent does not mean that YOU are not ignorant about raising kids.
Nice double negative.
I think having a loaded gun in the bedroom of your teenage sons is incredibly ignorant as well as incredibly irresponsible and quite potentially dangerous and lethal.
That's great. You had a thought!

Congratulations!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:

And just like beating a dog makes them angry during training, beating an infant will make them troubled.
I agree. That's why I don't beat my kids or my dogs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a baby learn to early to be on their own? A child needs support, they need the parents to support them so they can grow, and in their own time they will be able to learn to be on their own.
Have you ever watched a baby learn to walk?

No?

It's absolutely fascinating how much they learn on their own.

I suppose you'd wanna harness them to ceiling or stand right behind them in case they fall on their butt...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't make silly claims. Sociopaths will say they are just trying to joke about something, when not at all what they said was the context of what they tried to pretend they were joking about.
You said "even for a jeweist". That implies jeweists are dumb. Just accept God hates you for being against the Jews.
Jeweist = Jewish Deist, something that does not exist.

Moron.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't literally teach a baby how not to be rude. They have no concept of it.
But you gotta start sometime. The younger you start training them, the better person they'll turn out to be.
It's because of people like you that don't discipline your children that we hear about all these "monster teenagers".
My boys are teens and they're very respectful and kind.
As a non-parent, you're ignorant about raising kids.
Look- you are the one who used the word "rude" to describe what you think is rudeness in babies and you also said that babies have to be taught/trained to not be rude.

So here you are- back pedaling again.

NOW you say not "literally" and NOW you say they have no concept of rudeness- the very same thing you ORIGINALLY said they have to be taught not to be- rude.

So just what are you starting at the age of 6 months old in "training" babies to behave a certain way?

And it is not a fact that the sooner you start "training" them the better persons they will turn out to be.

There are plenty of people in this world who were neglected by their parents, abused by their parents, not raised well or with love, concern or care who turned out to be GREAT people.

There are also plenty of people in this world who came from great family lives, stability, loving parents, strict parents, diligent parents who turned out to be not great at all.

At any rate, you've made many ignorant remarks on this particular topic; you like to "crow" that you are a parent, yet you tripped yourself up by having originally stated that it's okay to spank a 6 month old baby in order to teach them a lesson and to teach them not to be rude.

That is what you have been claiming all along and as recently as this morning:

Post #620217:

OCB wrote:

"RR- you stated that it's okay to spank a 6 month old baby if they are interrupting Mommy and Daddy's quiet dinner by crying for no discernible reason- other than your interpretation that they are being "manipulative".
So if you never spanked a 6 month old baby for crying, just why DID you spank a 6 month old baby?"

You responded:

"I've never had to do that, it was an example.

But in that example, spamming (sic) the kid wasn't about his crying, it was about teaching a lesson and to learn how to not be rude."

And I know you meant "spanking" and not "spamming".

So you most certainly did say "how not to be rude" yet in this post to which I am responding you NOW say "No, you don't literally teach a baby how not to be rude. They have no concept of it."

So you really don't know WHAT the hell you're saying in your desperate and pathetic attempt to try and justify spanking a 6 month old baby.

And if spanking them isn't about their crying, what "lesson" would the baby need to be taught and how does spanking them teach them ANY lesson and all the more when no lesson to be learned exists if spanking them isn't about their crying???

You're a TRAIN WRECK, RR!

But do keep insisting that spanking a 6 month old BABY is perfectly acceptable, normal, natural and even the right thing to do.

And keeping posting your moronic links- many of which were simply blogs- to defend your very warped and perverse position which speaks of anything BUT good parenting skills.

And yeah- I already KNOW I am on here today much more than I said I would be or planned to be- but plans change so due to a delay in my plans, I have some time to kill.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you'd think them being kind and respectful is thanks to 'nature'....
<quoted text>
Nice double negative.
<quoted text>
That's great. You had a thought!
Congratulations!
Sigh.....that is NOT a double negative.

Here is an example of a double negative:

I don't have nothing.

THAT is a double negative.

To say: That does not mean that you are not ignorant is NOT a double negative.

Don't EVER try to correct my spelling, grammar or punctuation; you will be on the losing end of that every single time, RR.

About your kids- given how lacking in respect and kindness you are- it is very easy for me to think that their respect and kindness simply comes from within or that they learned it elsewhere.

Nothing more obnoxious than a parent who continually pats themselves on the back and walks around trying to give the impression that their children are not only perfect, but are perfect due to how the parents raised them.

Try giving your kids some credit on their OWN, RR- maybe they're good kids simply because that IS their nature.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God you don't!
You delusional fool. No god denied me children. That was MY choice and MY decision and a totally autonomous one at that.

And why I do not have children is not only none of your business, it's irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

But I have to question why your god would allow YOU to have children given how heinous it truly is to hit a 6 month old baby; why would your god allow someone with such warped thinking to have children is simply further evidence that your god doesn't exist unless your god really is the monster he so often comes across as in the bible.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeweist = Jewish Deist, something that does not exist.
Moron.
Sure it does. Of course, as you have no understanding or even interest in how being a Jew is about MUCH more than religion and greatly encompasses culture and heritage as well, I'm not surprised you would say someone who is a Jew as well as a Deist doesn't exist.

Last time- I was born INTO the Jewish religion. I was raised very non-religiously and any emphasis on being Jewish was placed on it from a cultural level in that I was taught quite a lot about Jewish culture,Jewish cultural traditions and Jewish cultural lore.

My beliefs about a god are much more closely aligned to that of Deism than any other organized religion and frankly, I don't lump Deism in with Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism or Islamism or any other organized religion.

Anyway, it is simply your myopic thinking and tunnel vision which cause you to make such ignorant statements- that someone who is Jew and a Deist doesn't exist.

It's okay that you're ignorant about all that Judaism stands for and encompasses; it would be even more okay if you would admit to that ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
Look- you are the one who used the word "rude" to describe what you think is rudeness in babies and you also said that babies have to be taught/trained to not be rude.
So here you are- back pedaling again.
NOW you say not "literally" and NOW you say they have no concept of rudeness- the very same thing you ORIGINALLY said they have to be taught not to be- rude.
You misunderstand. <SHOCKER>

Babies don't know what rude means, but they do act rude without even knowing it. YOu have to train them not to be.
So just what are you starting at the age of 6 months old in "training" babies to behave a certain way?
And it is not a fact that the sooner you start "training" them the better persons they will turn out to be.
I started training my sons as soon as I could, just a few months old. I'm a diligent dad.
There are plenty of people in this world who were neglected by their parents, abused by their parents, not raised well or with love, concern or care who turned out to be GREAT people.
There are also plenty of people in this world who came from great family lives, stability, loving parents, strict parents, diligent parents who turned out to be not great at all.
Who are all these "many people"?
At any rate, you've made many ignorant remarks on this particular topic; you like to "crow" that you are a parent, yet you tripped yourself up by having originally stated that it's okay to spank a 6 month old baby in order to teach them a lesson and to teach them not to be rude.
That is what you have been claiming all along and as recently as this morning:

[QUOTE] Post #620217:
OCB wrote:
"RR- you stated that it's okay to spank a 6 month old baby if they are interrupting Mommy and Daddy's quiet dinner by crying for no discernible reason- other than your interpretation that they are being "manipulative".
So if you never spanked a 6 month old baby for crying, just why DID you spank a 6 month old baby?"
You responded:
"I've never had to do that, it was an example.
But in that example, spamming (sic) the kid wasn't about his crying, it was about teaching a lesson and to learn how to not be rude."
And I know you meant "spanking" and not "spamming".
So you most certainly did say "how not to be rude" yet in this post to which I am responding you NOW say "No, you don't literally teach a baby how not to be rude. They have no concept of it."
So you really don't know WHAT the hell you're saying in your desperate and pathetic attempt to try and justify spanking a 6 month old baby.
And if spanking them isn't about their crying, what "lesson" would the baby need to be taught and how does spanking them teach them ANY lesson and all the more when no lesson to be learned exists if spanking them isn't about their crying???
What are you doing? You want a "GOTCHA" post?

I stand behind what I posted. It's never too early to start training your child.
You're a TRAIN WRECK, RR!
Oh, well you're a rainbow.
But do keep insisting that spanking a 6 month old BABY is perfectly acceptable, normal, natural and even the right thing to do.
I will.
And keeping posting your moronic links- many of which were simply blogs- to defend your very warped and perverse position which speaks of anything BUT good parenting skills.
Yale is a blog?

huh...
And yeah- I already KNOW I am on here today much more than I said I would be or planned to be- but plans change so due to a delay in my plans, I have some time to kill.
I don't care - I ain't keeping score like you are. Post all you want.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

OCB wrote:
THAT is a double negative.
To say: That does not mean that you are not ignorant is NOT a double negative.
A triple negative? Nice.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You know punchline(LL's new name from me) Getting child rearing advise from you is like marriage advise from a priest. Just because you have seen it, it don't mean anything unless you have lived it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

OCB wrote:
About your kids- given how lacking in respect and kindness you are- it is very easy for me to think that their respect and kindness simply comes from within or that they learned it elsewhere.
Nothing more obnoxious than a parent who continually pats themselves on the back and walks around trying to give the impression that their children are not only perfect, but are perfect due to how the parents raised them.
Try giving your kids some credit on their OWN, RR- maybe they're good kids simply because that IS their nature.
Of COURSE you would think that way, you've never raised children.

I've raised children for a collective 30 years.

I know their 'nature' and I know their 'training'. their nature is to fight with each other, be stinky, not go to school, etc. I have to correct that nature in them and TEACH them.

You DO NOT understand. You can't.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE you would think that way, you've never raised children.
I've raised children for a collective 30 years.
I know their 'nature' and I know their 'training'. their nature is to fight with each other, be stinky, not go to school, etc. I have to correct that nature in them and TEACH them.
You DO NOT understand. You can't.
Really....
Ummm....you seem to think that is how all kids are.....
And you would be wrong of course, if you do think that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A triple negative? Nice.
What is not nice is that you don't know what a double negative is, but you think you do, so you think you are correcting errors in what I write despite that they are errors which do not exist.

AGAIN:

Here is a double negative:

I don't have nothing.

Here is another double negative.

I don't have none.

Need more? Really, RR- you're great when it comes to googling when it suits your agenda- I would think 47 year old man would be interested enough to google to find out what defines a double negative.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God you don't!
What a nut you are. What a disgusting thing to write. What a terrible parent you must be, married to Topix as you are. You are disgusting.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. <SHOCKER>
Babies don't know what rude means, but they do act rude without even knowing it. YOu have to train them not to be.
<quoted text>
I started training my sons as soon as I could, just a few months old. I'm a diligent dad.
<quoted text>
Who are all these "many people"?
<quoted text>
What are you doing? You want a "GOTCHA" post?
I stand behind what I posted. It's never too early to start training your child.
<quoted text>
Oh, well you're a rainbow.
<quoted text>
I will.
<quoted text>
Yale is a blog?
huh...
<quoted text>
I don't care - I ain't keeping score like you are. Post all you want.
What a bunch of blowhard nonsense.

A baby crying is not a baby being "rude".

A baby fussing is not a baby being "rude".

That you would attribute the characteristic of rudeness to a 6 month old baby only further serves to confirm just how warped and perverse you are.

I didn't say ALL of your sources were blogs and if you could read, you would know that.

I said MOST of them were blogs- or maybe I said SOME of them were blogs- but I sure didn't say they were ALL blogs.

Who are these many people? Obviously you're more insulated and isolated than I originally thought.

Thanks- I will post all I want- but quite a change of tune for you from a week or so ago when you dug out posts of mine from 3 years ago and tried to make an issue out of how much I post which as I then had to explain to you AGAIN is FAR less than how much you post.

No surprise that you changed your tune on this....you also tried to change your tune regarding spanking 6 month old babies and the reasons why they should be/need to be spanked.

'K- this distraction of Topix to kill some time has come to a close- gonna go live my life now.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
Something from nothing is exactly what happens with virtual particles.

And, in general, I'm pretty sure that the more massive the particle, the shorter it's lifespan.

They happen in pairs. A particle and an antiparticle and they come from...nothing.
From "nothing" aye? Well you sound pretty confident. Where's your proof? Your buddy tim already admitted that he believes they can't come from nothing (only a moron would believe something could come from nothing).

How does science define "nothing"? And more importantly, what is the mechanism by which something comes from nothing? Kinda like 'awareness from non-awareness'. Oh and what is the experimental method by which we can even determine with any certainty that we have isolated "nothing"?

It takes more faith for you to believe that BS than it does for someone to believe in "God". Yet you make fun of people tat do believe in a higher power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 588,901 - 588,920 of716,756
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

379 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min danetoo 114,651
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Lab28 223,215
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 37 min MUQ1 36,412
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Chess Jurist 530,167
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 1 hr andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••