“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#620259 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You delusional fool. No god denied me children. That was MY choice and MY decision and a totally autonomous one at that.
I bet that's how you have sex, too. Autonomously.

<monotone> ooh baby oh baby ya do it like that hmmm

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620260 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it does. Of course, as you have no understanding or even interest in how being a Jew is about MUCH more than religion and greatly encompasses culture and heritage as well, I'm not surprised you would say someone who is a Jew as well as a Deist doesn't exist.
Last time- I was born INTO the Jewish religion. I was raised very non-religiously and any emphasis on being Jewish was placed on it from a cultural level in that I was taught quite a lot about Jewish culture,Jewish cultural traditions and Jewish cultural lore.
My beliefs about a god are much more closely aligned to that of Deism than any other organized religion and frankly, I don't lump Deism in with Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism or Islamism or any other organized religion.
Anyway, it is simply your myopic thinking and tunnel vision which cause you to make such ignorant statements- that someone who is Jew and a Deist doesn't exist.
It's okay that you're ignorant about all that Judaism stands for and encompasses; it would be even more okay if you would admit to that ignorance.
HA HA!

For the last time the is the last time I'm gonna tell you it's the last time.

O_o

Jewish is a religion, not a race. Give it up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620261 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really....
Ummm....you seem to think that is how all kids are.....
And you would be wrong of course, if you do think that.
Nope, I was talking about my two sons...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620262 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really....
Ummm....you seem to think that is how all kids are.....
And you would be wrong of course, if you do think that.
But you seem to know that ALL babies are stupid and that NO baby know anything and that NO baby can be trained....

Even though you've never raised a child on your own...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620263 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What is not nice is that you don't know what a double negative is, but you think you do, so you think you are correcting errors in what I write despite that they are errors which do not exist.
AGAIN:
Here is a double negative:
I don't have nothing.
Here is another double negative.
I don't have none.
Need more? Really, RR- you're great when it comes to googling when it suits your agenda- I would think 47 year old man would be interested enough to google to find out what defines a double negative.
Thanks, Mrs Teacher.

May I interject?

A double is a writing form using two negatives to express a positive, like the examples you gave.

However, "That does not mean that you are not ignorant" is also a double negative. You used two "nots" when you shouldn't have. The correct sentence would be "That means you are ignorant".

You're welcome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620264 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
A baby crying is not a baby being "rude".
A baby fussing is not a baby being "rude".
Thanks for the words of wsdom, mom.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#620265 Apr 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Neither was "life" a propery of molecules prior to life, but now it is. Do I need to prove how life arose from non living matter to make observations on current life "count?" Is it wrong to assume that molecules are associated with life until we have a proof of how abiogenisis occured?
No one is arguing that molecules are not associated with life. We are waiting for you to give us an indication of how molecules could ever become aware of themselves. You'd think I'd get tired of typing tat but I'm not. You wanna keep avoiding it then I got fingers.
And again, I do not know how molecules became aware of themselves - I have suggested several ways that this could have happened, but that's besides the point.
No it isn't besides the point and no you haven't suggested anything because it is unapproachable. Please direct me to proof of your claim. All you have is association. And since that's your only "evidence" then I can use it too, as evidence that awareness may have quantum roots. I actually have more evidence since, as I've said so many times, the quantum state is more fundamental than the molecular state.
When I say "observations" on the correlation between molecules and consciousness, I mean that we have a brain that "lights up" when we think. That's not a gap, that is a simple observation.
So how is this "lighting up" providing us with any insight as to how molecules could ever become aware of themselves?
The mirror test is not meant to give us an understanding of the subjective experience of another being, as I already said. It is meant to determine whether or not it experiences itself as a distinct "I" in the first place.
This is so besides the point, but for the record, it can be meant to determine anything just that we cannot make any real conclusions from it yet, at least as far as the actual subjective experience of any particular animal.
It means that it can observe and react to it's environment. That does not mean it has a sense of self. There is a distinction here that I think you are missing. It can think, that does not mean it can "think about thinking," or think about the "I" inside their head.
And yet again you commit the same oversight. I'm not saying you are wrong; I'm saying you cannot know you are right.

And as far as awareness from non-awareness, you can't even venture a guess.'Association' of molecules with 'life that displays awareness' is not evidence of any mechanism by which awareness could come from non-awareness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620266 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
I said MOST of them were blogs- or maybe I said SOME of them were blogs- but I sure didn't say they were ALL blogs.
You said: "And keeping posting your moronic links- many of which were simply blogs-"

So what I posted from Yale was either a moronic link or a blog.

nice.
OCB

United States

#620267 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!
O_o
LOL! YOU telling ME that Jewish is not a race- I know that better than you do.

But a unique culture or unique traditions has nothing to do with race and you really are ignorant if that's what you think.

But your ignorance about many things is well known so continue doing what you do best- staying as ignorant as you are.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#620268 Apr 27, 2013
I have this giant set of legos. I never thought of them as "conscious" or "aware". I was haphazardly putting them together, off and on through the years, and one time they came out in the shape of what looked like a long double helix. And then, I blinked, and there were two of them, then four, then eight, and by the next day, it was moving about my living room. I tried to catch it but it kept running away as if it knew what was going on.

People keep asking me what the mechanism is but I saw it with my own eyes. Why won't anyone believe me?
OCB

United States

#620269 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Mrs Teacher.
May I interject?
A double is a writing form using two negatives to express a positive, like the examples you gave.
However, "That does not mean that you are not ignorant" is also a double negative. You used two "nots" when you shouldn't have. The correct sentence would be "That means you are ignorant".
You're welcome.
You are wrong.

To say "that does not mean you are not ignorant is grammatically correct".

YOU are welcome.
OCB

Orlando, FL

#620270 Apr 27, 2013
I am an idiot. Please tell me that am so stupid. What can I do to fix it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620271 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong.
To say "that does not mean you are not ignorant is grammatically correct".
YOU are welcome.
What's wrong with this sentence?

"that does not mean you are not ignorant is grammatically correct"

Or am I not supposed to correct you anymore?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620272 Apr 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! YOU telling ME that Jewish is not a race- I know that better than you do.
But a unique culture or unique traditions has nothing to do with race and you really are ignorant if that's what you think.
But your ignorance about many things is well known so continue doing what you do best- staying as ignorant as you are.
Jewish is not a race because Jewish people do not share a common ancestory or biological distinction.

People from many different races over the centuries have become Jewish.

People of many different nationalities have become Jewish.

Being Jewish is more like being part of a religious movement.

If you were not born to a Jew, you can become Jewish through conversion.

It's a religion, of people that share many different cultures and/or unique traditions.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#620273 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I love about you fundies, you can talk yourselves into believing anything!
LOl,, funny i can say the very same thing about you... But here is the kicker,, you have "evidence" that prove what you believe in is all based on a corrupt and dishonest method!! Its here for all to see,, BUT yet you still ignorantly defend and uphold it..
You just can't trust science,
Absolutly!!! And why should any ''smart'' person put trust in a false and corrupt method such as that?? Its you who is so easly to believe that a man with a degree, can term a word and method and you follow him/them to whatever conclusion they provide..
but you can trust the mythical book of historical fiction , written by ancient ignorant superstitious warmongering tribal power hungry cultists.
No, i trust in GOD! I dont worship a book,or a church bulding..

Your pride and hatred toward God shows tremendously.
They never lie like those peer reviewed scientists who arrive at conclusion by consensus and systematic verification through repeated observation updated at every opportunity.
You must go pray to see if it will rain tomorrow, you can't trust those danged meteorologists radar and satellite imagery.
You just hate it, when people show evidence, and corupt evidence at that, that dosent support your claim, i get it.. So the best you can do is mock and make fun..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620274 Apr 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:

That's what I love about you fundies, you can talk yourselves into believing anything!
psalms 23 wrote:

LOl,, funny i can say the very same thing about you... But here is the kicker,, you have "evidence" that prove what you believe in is all based on a corrupt and dishonest method!! Its here for all to see,, BUT yet you still ignorantly defend and uphold it..
That's so ture.

Their beliefs are from what they call "a lack of evidence".

Makes no sense to me, but whatever floats their boat.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#620275 Apr 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, as far as how this world come about i do. Reason being,(i) have found my evidence. I am satisfied and at peace with my belief.

And thats good, i believe every person should examine the methods/history of what they believe in. I could be wrong, but isnt the dateing method GTS in which they use ''is the core foundation'' to evolution?

Oh yes, i have questioned it in the begining and sought out flaws, and have found none that would change my mind. Do i fully understand the Bible? No. I have asked myself, well is they possibly something been left out that was important, and the answer is no. The most important ''message'' in the Bible is there, and thats how to recieve Eternal life through Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
If you haven't found the serious flaws in the bible, you haven't looked honestly and objectively.

The errors are glaring and unmistakeable.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#620276 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA!

O_o

Did you know that some 48% of Jews are atheist?

Some religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620278 Apr 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that some 48% of Jews are atheist?
Some religion.
Ya, so I hear...

Even Sam Harris and Chris Hitchens are Jewish...

HA HA!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#620279 Apr 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.. I mean I tend to agree with typical "leftist" positions, but I just don't like identifying as either one. Especially now that, in the US at least, the left has farther and farther to the right lately.
"Left" and "right" are just distractions, labels used by both sides to paint the idea as either for or against them. It's one of the biggest flaws in US politics, making who supports something more important than whether it's a good idea, or not. The people who throw out such labels as "liberals" or "conservatives" as if they are bad names are as uninformed about politics as a member of Al-Quaida.

Ooops, did I just do what they do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 265,391
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min marge 560,151
Big titties (Sep '10) 19 min TittySucker 19
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 31 min Classic 1,922
Moses never existed 54 min bacon hater 794
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 1 hr lcwo i rho 33
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dolphin 441,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web