Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good- sounds like your house is full of circus animals who are so abused they do what they're told.
'circus animals'?!

O_o

Dogs? Cats? Birds? Horses?

Damn city girl.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies aren't as stupid as you make them out to be, OCB. Knock it off.
Here, please take a minute to read this, you should learn something about babies.
"Your newborn can't yet speak your language or fully understand what you're saying to him, but he's a fast learner. Research shows that babies start listening to their parents' voices while still in the womb."
http://www.babycenter.com/0_developmental-mil...
....or you can just keep up your ignorant argument.
Or.....you can just keep up YOUR ignorant argument- from my post #619890:

"Spanking is a euphemism for hitting.

One is not permitted to hit one's spouse or a stranger; these actions are considered domestic violence and/or assault.

Nor should one be permitted to hit a smaller and even more vulnerable child. Hitting a child elicits precisely the feelings one does not want to generate in a child: distress, anger, fear, shame, and disgust.

Studies show that children who are hit will "identify with the aggressor," and they are more likely to become hitters themselves, i.e., bullies and future abusers of their children and spouses. They tend to learn to use violent behavior as a way to deal with disputes."

And you WILL keep up your ignorant argument; you EMBRACE ignorance, you INDULGE in your ignorance and you WALLOW in your ignorance.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Can you not read?
Here is what timn said:
imn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Except when the government wants to go pillage some third world country or take our rights away in the name of "security" and "freedom," then it's full steam ahead for the right.
See where he says "take our rights away in the name of "security" and "freedom"???
See where he says OUR rights, you illiterate fool?
So yes- the Patriot Act is an example of that.
'Right to privacy'?

Even when terrorism threatens us all?

Damn liberals...

As an American, I was glad to have the Patriot Act to protect us when we needed it. Unlike what our current president has done to keep the country safe...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sure.
But I doubt that attorney or pediatrician is as ignorant and pig-headed as you.
I am neither ignorant or pig-headed.

You like to exert force and violence on those smaller and weaker than you are.

If ONLY being ignorant and pig-headed were your biggest problems.

Sadly for you- and ANYONE who has to deal with you in "real" life, those problems of yours are barely even the tip of the iceberg.

RR, you're a TRAIN WRECK.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'circus animals'?!
O_o
Dogs? Cats? Birds? Horses?
Damn city girl.....
Figures you didn't get it. It's well known that CIRCUS animals are abused into submission.

You ABUSE your kids, dogs, cats, birds, horses into submission the same way trainers and animal tamers do to animals in a CIRCUS.

Thanks again for showing just how devoid you are of any critical thinking skills.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:

I'm thinking that a 6 month old has no other way to communicate fear, discomfort or hunger other than crying.
Ya, pretty much. But I'm not talking about discipline for fear, discomfort or hunger. That's stupid.
I'm thinking that a 6 month old has no concept whatsoever of appropriate behavior in a public place.[QUOTE]

They don't, that's why you have to train them.

And don't assume that I mean the 'only' way is to smack them.

[QUOTE] I'm thinking, as I have done on many occasions in similar circumstances, that you remove the baby from the situation and calm him/her down. Check if they need to be changed or fed.
Of course.
And I'm thinking that for a 6 month old, a noisy, crowded restaurant could actually be quite terrifying in itself.
Absolutely. All that needs to be taken into account.

Spanking is a last resort.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'Right to privacy'?
Damn liberals...
As an American, I was glad to have the Patriot Act to protect us when we needed it. Unlike what our current president has done to keep the country safe...
But the Patriot Act does NOTHING to keep us safe from the threat of DOMESTIC terrorists such as YOU are.

And so much so that you TERRORIZE those in your personal domicile.

You're sick.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or marriage counseling from a priest?
LMAO!

Yes. How stupid can a person be to get marriage counseling from a person that's never been married?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'Right to privacy'?
Damn liberals...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- he was talking about Mommy and Daddy having a nice quiet dinner at home.
No I wasn't.

Unless you consider 'out for dinner' at home....

This is what I mean that you don't read posts to understand, you only read to argue.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, pretty much. But I'm not talking about discipline for fear, discomfort or hunger. That's stupid.
<quoted text>
Of course.
<quoted text>
Absolutely. All that needs to be taken into account.
Spanking is a last resort.
And a resort you resort to because you don't like that you can't figure out why a 6 month old baby is crying or fussing.

All YOU know is that how DARE that baby carry on and interrupt Mommy and Daddy's quiet dinner at home- the NERVE of that baby- who the HELL does that BABY think he/she is???

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Yes. How stupid can a person be to get marriage counseling from a person that's never been married?
But plenty of people do. It's often REQUIRED in order to be married in a church.

Too bad your critical thinking skills are so nonexistent that you can't comprehend that a person who has never been married might be much more objective and therefore more rational on the subject than someone who has.

Just because someone is married does NOT make them an expert on marriage or qualified to give marital advice any more than just because someone is a PARENT does NOT make than an expert on parenting or qualified to give parenting advice.

Like YOU, for instance.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't.
Unless you consider 'out for dinner' at home....
This is what I mean that you don't read posts to understand, you only read to argue.
No- your first post about this was about Mommy and Daddy having a quiet dinner AT HOME.

I am SICK to death of that Swiss cheese slice of a brain of yours with more memory gaps than Carter has little liver pills.

Maybe I'll look for your original post. If I do, that will give you yet ANOTHER excuse to attempt your piss poor back pedaling.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- he was talking about Mommy and Daddy having a nice quiet dinner at home.

RR refuses to grasp- or is incapable of grasping- that he is trying to impose a sense of responsibility and accountability on those too young to grasp THAT- such as 6 month old babies.
In that case, if the kid is clean and fed, and you're reasonably sure they're not ill or in pain, put them in their crib.

That way, they can learn that crying won't always get them attention for attention's sake.

I've got to admit that my kids got a few smacks when they were older-old enough to communicate with. I always provided ample warning and gave them the opportunity to correct whatever they were doing on their own. And I always considered it a last resort and a failure on my part.

On numerous occasions, I had to take my screaming daughter out of the grocery store and sit her in the car while I stood outside and waited for her to scream herself out. And there were times I had to make them both stand against a case or wall in the store, more than arms' length apart and not move because they were horsing around and getting in other people's way.

It's very important for two parents to be on pretty much the same page when it comes to rearing kids. If you're not, kids are smart enough to pit one against the other.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Even in the quantum world, nothing is known to pop in and out of existence. That is how it is occasionally referred to, but what they mean is that these virtual particles become detectable and vice versa. Because by definition, something cannot come from nothing, meaning that something cannot pop into existence from a state of non-existence (nothingness), it must just be changing forms into something detectable. Get it? Or are you gonna tell me that 'something from nothing' makes sense or is a plausible speculation without any evidence to support that speculation?

Your couch may not be a wave function as a whole but it is made up of wave functions.
Something from nothing is exactly what happens with virtual particles.

And, in general, I'm pretty sure that the more massive the particle, the shorter it's lifespan.

They happen in pairs. A particle and an antiparticle and they come from...nothing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, if the kid is clean and fed, and you're reasonably sure they're not ill or in pain, put them in their crib.
That way, they can learn that crying won't always get them attention for attention's sake.
I've got to admit that my kids got a few smacks when they were older-old enough to communicate with. I always provided ample warning and gave them the opportunity to correct whatever they were doing on their own. And I always considered it a last resort and a failure on my part.
On numerous occasions, I had to take my screaming daughter out of the grocery store and sit her in the car while I stood outside and waited for her to scream herself out. And there were times I had to make them both stand against a case or wall in the store, more than arms' length apart and not move because they were horsing around and getting in other people's way.
It's very important for two parents to be on pretty much the same page when it comes to rearing kids. If you're not, kids are smart enough to pit one against the other.
You warned your kids of what the consequences would be if they did not stop behaving poorly.

While I really don't advocate ever hitting kids unless what the kid is doing is potentially life threatening, if one is going to hit their kids, it shouldn't be done unless the kids are old enough to understand they will be spanked for misbehaving.

As I know you know, there is NO way for a 6 month old baby to comprehend that.

RR insists differently. RR is wrong.

And RR also considers hitting his kids- including 6 month old babies- to be a SUCCESS on his part.

And the other forms of discipline and punishment you mention here are all perfectly acceptable, logical and reasonable.

It is very rare that the same can ever be said of using physical force as a form of discipline and punishment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
Hitting a baby is intended to cause pain and possibly injury- if not physical injury, then psychological injury.
pfft.... "psychological injury".... You're such a pussy liberal.
You are too ignorant to grasp that you can't discipline one who has no concept of what discipline is.
ME?! You're the one that has NEVER raised a child telling me that you "can't discipline" a baby.

Sheesh!
As far as what the intention is....well, the road to HELL is paved with "good intentions", RR.
And gee- do tell me how one explains to a 6 month old baby that they're not intending to harm the baby, just intending to discipline them.
See? More ignorance....

Do tell, please.

What is it you can talk to a 6 month old about?
You LIKE violence, RR- and I told you that long before I knew you liked to hit 6 month old babies.
Violence has nothing to do with disciplining a child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here ya go, RR......
"It is a fact that the U.S.’s Child Abuse is the worst in First World. From BBC News by Michael Petit,“More than 20,000 American children are believed to have been killed in their own homes by family members in the last 10 years, nearly four times the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. A BBC investigation finds that the United States has the worst child-abuse record of all the industrialized nations. Every week, 66 children under 15 die from physical abuse or neglect in the First World, 27 of them in the U.S. Experts say teen pregnancy, high-school dropout rates, violent crime, imprisonment, and poverty are generally much higher in the United States.”
It is also a fact that the U.S. is the most religious country in the First World. According to several surveys on religion, 83 percent of Americans claim to belong to a religious denomination. How can these two facts simultaneously exist in the same country?
Well here’s a clue: Using violence to raise a child has long-term consequences; a point made in this article “Spanking and the Making of a Violent Society” by Murray A. Straus in the Journal of Pediatrics,“The United States (US) is the most violent of the advanced industrial societies. The current US homicide rate of 8.5 per 100 000 is three times the Canadian rate of 2.3 per 100 000, and about eight times the rate of Western European countries.”
This excerpt on Alternet.org from an article titled “Beating Babies in the Name of Jesus,” illustrates my point.“There is a brutal movement in America that legitimizes child abuse in the name of God. Two stories recently converged to make us pay attention. Last week, a video went viral of a Texas judge brutally whipping his disabled daughter. And on Monday, the New York Times published a story about child deaths in homes that have embraced the teachings of To Train Up a Child, a book by Christian preacher Michael Pearl that advocates using a switch on children as young as six months old.”
http://thebigslice.org/spanking-babies-for-go...
I'm not advocating child abuse, not at all.

I'm advocating discipline.

Besides, why would I listen to a "Dr" that wrote a book called "Beating The Devil Out of Them: Corporal Punishment In American Families" ?!

With a title like that, he obviously has a skewed agenda.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i prefer to be friends!

are you 'diverse' enough to accept my differences and agree to disagree amiably?:) i am, as most all of my family and closest friends don't believe the same as i and therefore they don't understand where i'm coming from:)
Only if you can stop being a judgemental ass.

Stop trying to deny established science.

Stop coming across as being superior.

Stop asserting what you don't know as fact.

Stop making claims without supporting evidence.

Otherwise, I'm not interested.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Touche!
Well done- KUDOS!
"We'll done"??

O_o

You know that he's supporting my notion of how ridiculous it is to take sex advice from a virgin and likening it to taking parental advice from a non-parent(you)?

HA HA HA!!!

And you agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min NoStress4me 441,066
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min -Web 259,065
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Faith 117,743
Miley Cyrus = the perfect role model 16 min Same o is getting... 6
Obama and his RACE BAITING Ferguson conventions 18 min Same o is getting... 1
FERGUSON, MISSOURI: Same o' same o' 21 min Same o is getting... 8
GMO foods and you! 32 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 83
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min atemcowboy 536,885
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Strength and Honor 172,889
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••