“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619983 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Or.....you can just keep up YOUR ignorant argument- from my post #619890:
"Spanking is a euphemism for hitting.
One is not permitted to hit one's spouse or a stranger; these actions are considered domestic violence and/or assault.
Nor should one be permitted to hit a smaller and even more vulnerable child. Hitting a child elicits precisely the feelings one does not want to generate in a child: distress, anger, fear, shame, and disgust.
Studies show that children who are hit will "identify with the aggressor," and they are more likely to become hitters themselves, i.e., bullies and future abusers of their children and spouses. They tend to learn to use violent behavior as a way to deal with disputes."
And you WILL keep up your ignorant argument; you EMBRACE ignorance, you INDULGE in your ignorance and you WALLOW in your ignorance.
MY ignorance?!

You don't realize that you just shut down your entire argument of "hitting is the same as spanking"....

"Spanking is a euphemism for hitting" is absolutely correct.

Euphemism: A mild or indirect word or expression for one too harsh or blunt.

HA HA HA !!!

The word 'hitting' is too harsh of a word to be used to compare to 'spanking'.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#619985 Apr 26, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of New Age Christian drivel.
1. The heart is not the emotional center of the body. The brain is. The heart is just a pump. The only thing that can harden it is lack of exercise, substance abuse, a poor diet, and age. Forget your ancient book. It knows nothing of physiology.
2. Nothing turned me away from any gods. Certainly not anger. That is the most ridiculous New Age Christian meme, ever. There is no evidence of any god or gods and the Christian god, with it's 40,000 sects and schisms is demonstrably false. What turned you away from believing that Thor is responsible for lightning and thunder. That is how stupid your approach is.
3. Christianity is the biggest ego drug available in the US. Each of you clowns prances around like self-appointed spooeswhores for some divine madman and each of you think you have it just right while any Christian that disagrees with you is either not a true Christiwn or just wrong. That is what sickens me. And you did it here, denigrating other Christians that aren't just like you. Sheez. Will you clowns ever get a grip,
4. Good. Don't call your nonsense a religion. Then we can tax the fug out of them like they deserve. The least inefficient, most thieving charities in history have the torture device on the wall.
Your conclusion of "New Age Christian" drivel is incorrect.

But - if you still believe there is a mix, then it is a based within Christianity as the primary resource and is "for the destitute and oppressed"....
http://www.newagechristianity.org/

...BUT....on a more higher level - I do believe Christianity today is trying to drive out any "new age" beliefs.....
http://carm.org/new-age-what

Self.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619986 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
And so much so that you TERRORIZE those in your personal domicile.
You're sick.
YOU are the sick one here, with all your fantasies of taking pleasure in being violent towards children, "terrorizing" one's family, etc.

Get a life.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619987 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
I doubt Ben Franklin would consider a private phone call an "essential liberty". Especially under the circumstances.

What are you so worried about the gub'ment listening in on your phone calls, anyway? You LOVE the Nanny State.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#619988 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, Mrs Warwick.
Tell me what else I'm thinking.
No need to - your posts speak volume.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619989 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
MY ignorance?!
You don't realize that you just shut down your entire argument of "hitting is the same as spanking"....
"Spanking is a euphemism for hitting" is absolutely correct.
Euphemism: A mild or indirect word or expression for one too harsh or blunt.
HA HA HA !!!
The word 'hitting' is too harsh of a word to be used to compare to 'spanking'.
Sigh......calling it "spanking"- instead of what it ACTUALLY is- HITTING- makes it more socially acceptable.

Just like calling ANIMAL FLESH "meat" makes the eating of animal flesh more socially acceptable.

Just like calling "pig" PORK makes eating pig flesh more socially acceptable.

Just like calling "cow" a STEAK makes eating cow flesh more socially acceptable.

No dear- ALL of the following fit the definition of HITTING:

1. Spanking

2. Slapping

3. Punching

They are ALL types/forms of HITTING.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619990 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:

Too bad your critical thinking skills are so nonexistent that you can't comprehend that a person who has never been married might be much more objective and therefore more rational on the subject than someone who has.
LOL, okay. Why don't you get open heart surgery by a new doc that has never done it before.

He'll probably do a better job because he wants to prove himself.

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619991 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
No- your first post about this was about Mommy and Daddy having a quiet dinner AT HOME.
No it wasn't.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619992 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the sick one here, with all your fantasies of taking pleasure in being violent towards children, "terrorizing" one's family, etc.
Get a life.
But that IS YOUR life.

I am not fantasizing at all- actually, the images conjured up about your kids and your family- AND your animals- are quite disturbing and quite saddening.

It is YOU who takes pleasure in using violence and it is YOU who sees nothing wrong with using violence OR taking pleasure in it.

You are even so IN LOVE with violence that you STUPIDLY asked the other day: what is sinful about war?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#619993 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to the bible god's fascist form of control.
you ain't gonna win this war and perverting the truth is not gonna stand up in God's ultimate Court of Law;)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619994 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Ben Franklin would consider a private phone call an "essential liberty". Especially under the circumstances.
What are you so worried about the gub'ment listening in on your phone calls, anyway? You LOVE the Nanny State.....
Oh good! Now you think you can say what Ben Franklin would think about something that hadn't even been INVENTED yet!

Unlike YOU, I actually KNOW what it means to be an American and to value and cherish my rights as an American- in this case, that being the RIGHT TO PRIVACY which your precious GW violated just as he violated SO much of what this country stands for and who had SO little respect for our Constitution and many other things- such as the Geneva Convention.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619995 Apr 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, if the kid is clean and fed, and you're reasonably sure they're not ill or in pain, put them in their crib.
That way, they can learn that crying won't always get them attention for attention's sake.
I've got to admit that my kids got a few smacks when they were older-old enough to communicate with. I always provided ample warning and gave them the opportunity to correct whatever they were doing on their own. And I always considered it a last resort and a failure on my part.
On numerous occasions, I had to take my screaming daughter out of the grocery store and sit her in the car while I stood outside and waited for her to scream herself out. And there were times I had to make them both stand against a case or wall in the store, more than arms' length apart and not move because they were horsing around and getting in other people's way.
It's very important for two parents to be on pretty much the same page when it comes to rearing kids. If you're not, kids are smart enough to pit one against the other.
All that works, too.

You obviously have some experience in raising a child, unlike OCB.

Please, don't assume that every time my sons opened their mouth, I'd smack them. Nothing is further from the truth.

My son had a hard time falling asleep in his first year. It's not like I'd just hit him until he shut up, that's my boy, my son...I love him. The only thing that worked was to take him for a drive, the him of the truck calmed him and put him right out.

I did things like that WAY more often than spankings.

I always and only used them as a last resort and didn't even do it that often.

But spanking is effective - depending on the circumstance.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#619996 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, yup.
Based off what I've been reading on here the past few days, it's apparent why the kids own the parents nowadays.
our kids never embarrassed & held us hostage in a store, huh bro?:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619997 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You warned your kids of what the consequences would be if they did not stop behaving poorly.
While I really don't advocate ever hitting kids unless what the kid is doing is potentially life threatening, if one is going to hit their kids, it shouldn't be done unless the kids are old enough to understand they will be spanked for misbehaving.
As I know you know, there is NO way for a 6 month old baby to comprehend that.
RR insists differently. RR is wrong.
And RR also considers hitting his kids- including 6 month old babies- to be a SUCCESS on his part.
And the other forms of discipline and punishment you mention here are all perfectly acceptable, logical and reasonable.
It is very rare that the same can ever be said of using physical force as a form of discipline and punishment.
You're a belligerent, ignorant, egotistical idiot.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619998 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
Edited for moronic and nonsensical rambling....
Right- I agree. Then why do you use violence to discipline children?
I don't use violence to discipline anything.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619999 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life.
LOL!! Unlike YOU, I actually HAVE a life, I actually HAVE a job that is of consequence and being on Topix all day long is NOT my #1 priority but it IS yours.

You neglect your job and your family to be here as much as you possibly can.

And you also STUNT yourself from developing any other interests or pastimes in favor of posting your nonsensical drivel to the tune of over 2,200 posts per month.

So.....as I DO have a life, a job that matters as well as family members and friends whose company I much prefer to living on Topix EVERY SINGLE DAY and ALL DAY LONG, as I do have much more constructive and productive interests, hobbies and activities to pursue, I am OUT of here at least until Monday.

Unlike YOU, I have an actual life to live. YOUR life is here surrounded by the four walls of cyberspace.

Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend living YOUR life on Topix.

Buh-bye!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620000 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I could have him charged with physical abuse for that.
Well, upon reconsideration, I doubt your man would wanna touch your lard ass, anyway.

....Especially since you say you'll press charges on him.

Whacko.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620001 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Or using the bible to prove god.....
And how "conveniently" you didn't post any responses to the other sources I cited.
AGAIN- being MARRIED does not make one an EXPERT on marriage or qualified to give marital advice- just as being a PARENT does not make on and EXPERT on parenting or qualified to give parenting advice.
Again - I ignore your ignorant bullshit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620002 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<
I'll BET I've changed more diapers in MY life than you ever have in yours.
And that's just for starters......
Considering my ex-wife is a worthless c_nt that never does anything for her own boys, you'd lose that bet.

Bitch

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#620003 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh man- and here I thought that was a 747 flying over your pointy little head.
He was making the point that it's perfectly acceptable for priests to give marriage counseling, so why wouldn't it be perfectly acceptable for someone who never had kids to have valid opinions on child-rearing?
DAMN! You are SO obtuse!!!
I took that Aero was commenting on how stupid it seems to take marriage advice from a priest, agreeing with me that it's equally stupid to take sex advice from a virgin.

Aero?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 568,876
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 5 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,574
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 267,657
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min MUQ1 38,072
sexy hot chats 18 min hornyteen 9
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 22 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Peace_Warrior 607,280
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 8 hr Fred 178
More from around the web