“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#619455 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
These things cannot logically exist in the same being at the same time.
There is no mystical understanding involved.
And, BTW, the glass is always full.
It's either got water, air, or both.
Unless its in a perfect vacuum.
Then it's full of virtual particles.
My point exactly Aero. Just when someone (even me) is sure that they have it figured out, another theory or solution comes about that may not have been considered or thought about before such as two things or more that may not logically exist to us based on our knowledge up to the point before that revelation.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#619456 Apr 24, 2013
* can you say "run on sentence".?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619457 Apr 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
heck, he thinks murder and killing are two different actions.....
They are different.

To murder is to unlawfully take a life.

To kill is to take a life.(doesn't mean illegally)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619458 Apr 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad I'm not an Atheist, huh? Bummer for them?
I don't think what you say is the case.
But who really knows, right?
Not until we die.......so we wait patiently.
True words, my friend.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619459 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Disowned him for what?
And what morals are you referring to?
I simply stay silent, like a good little atheist.
I'm not suggesting you stay quiet.

I'm suggesting you open up with them.

If they love you, they won't care if you're atheist or not.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619460 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:

Do you like... intentionally misrepresent everything that I say?
No, that's what *you* do because you have no way of defending yourself properly.
I specifically said that the nature of the self is not something that is testable, just that it is possible to get an idea whether or not a certain animal has a sense of self in the first place. I think that a lot of your confusion comes from the fact that you conflate consciousness with sense of self - they are not the same thing.
If they are not the same thing then kindly give us your definition of 'consciousness' and of 'sense of self'. And then explain to me why it matters, when we are talking about 'awareness coming into being' from a state of non-awareness.

So if you admit the nature of self is not testable then that means you cannot explain how awareness ever came into being which means you cannot claim that it is more probable that awareness comes from organized groups of molecules rather than from the quantum matter/energy that makes up those molecules. End of story. What more can you argue about? There should be no argument here except that, in your battle against the idea of an eternal consciousness or "God", there are no rules of etiquette or sportsmanship.

BTW, Just because a cat can't reason and thinks it's own reflection is another cat doesn't mean it has no 'sense of self'. When an object comes hurling at the cat, the cat will move out of the way. Why? Because the cat is aware of itself. Duhhh.

Location hidden

#619461 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:

If you can't explain how awareness came into being then you can't explain consciousness. Oh, but tim and Aura can. They can..........KMA.
Just like if you can't explain why or how gravity exists then you can't even begin to describe gravity. Oh wait.
How's is this a pertinent answer to 'how awareness came into being'?

And just because we know mass is associated with gravity we can't say that mass causes gravity because we don't know the fundamental cause or mechanism of gravity. Same with awareness. Just because molecules are a part of the organism that displays awareness doesn't mean that molecules are the cause, especially when the quantum state is more fundamental than the molecular state.

You have no way of approaching the question of how awareness came into being, so KMA.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619462 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I really shouldn't need to.
And if you can't understand it just by reading it, I'm sure I won't be able to explain it to you.
Or...
You're just lying again.
If you can't explain yourself, or just refuse to, I'll just keep assuming that you're full of shit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619463 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Big Bang can't be tested.
The Big Bang theory can be tested, sure. It's just a theory.

The Big Bang event cannot be tested.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619464 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving you the right to take somebody else's?
What?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619465 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>HILARIOUS that you think people in ORLANDO are "city folk".
Hilarious.
Yup. Imagine what I think about New Yorkers....

I bet you can spit on your neighbors house from your porch, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619466 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Listen- you're sick to think that a 6 month old BABY has a tantrum (as you call it) to upset mommy and daddy's dinner plans.
Really, RR- that you couldn't handle an infant who was wailing for no discernible reason means you HIT a BABY.
Babies CRY, RR- and often for no reason that one can detect- they're not hungry, their diapers don't need changing, they're warm, etc. They might just want to be held. Or they could be teething. Or maybe coming down with a cold.
Babies CRY. Your solution is to HIT a 6 month old BABY because you think that baby has "plotted" to destroy mommy and daddy's evening because the baby doesn't think he/she is getting enough attention?
You are SO totally whacked.
That entire post was bullshit assumptions.

And totally wrong.

Of COURSE you'd check the baby's diaper, see if they're hungry, sick, teething, etc.

Which is why in my hypothetical question to you, I wrote that the baby's throwing a tantrum for 'no reason'....

Ugh

And no, "HITTING" a baby isn't right, spanking them is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619467 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What is a disgrace is that you don't think war is a sin and what is also a disgrace is that you think people can't find war to be a disgrace in order to qualify as an American.
You're a sick little man.
Dumb ass.

War is an act of nations or states, not individuals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619468 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You come visit me- I show you my hands.
I come visit you- how and where do you show me your god?
And....as I've said, I would be happy to send you a pic, but I know you won't take my word for it that the pic is of me- complete with my hands.
And while pics can't be sent by PM thru Topix, you could always send me your email addy.
But you won't.....that's because you've become so embroiled in your own nonsense- prove you have hands- that you're just getting stuck deeper and deeper into the mire.
Your "analogy" has been shown time and time again for the pile of nonsensical crap that it is, yet in true buffoonery fashion, you refuse to LET IT GO.
So yes- RR, I can provide proof that I have hands.
Whether on Topix, the internet at large, pictures, skyping, in-person meetings or in any other way- you can NOT prove the existence of ANY god.
You can't show me your hands, I'm blind. Hold them up all you want, won't do no good.

I have to show you God, I can't explain it on Topix.

Come to Riverside.

(I dare not write "I'll come cost you".......)

Location hidden

#619469 Apr 24, 2013
When I am on my death bed, I still won't seriously consider that "God" assumes a name (like "Jehovah" or "Allah"), but I bet most atheists will break down and consider that there might be some sort of higher power/consciousness, and will quickly humble themselves. But maybe too late to make a difference.....in the "direction" their conscious energy is allowed to take, after the transition of "death".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619470 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That entire post was bullshit assumptions.
And totally wrong.
Of COURSE you'd check the baby's diaper, see if they're hungry, sick, teething, etc.
Which is why in my hypothetical question to you, I wrote that the baby's throwing a tantrum for 'no reason'....
Ugh
And no, "HITTING" a baby isn't right, spanking them is.
Right- YOUR post was full of bullsh*t assumptions- you assume that a 6 month old baby knows that mommy and daddy want to have a quiet dinner together and the 6 month old baby deliberately plans to distract them.

That is THE most moronic of assumptions and is total garbage.

Not sure what part of "babies cry and often cry for no discernible reason" that you're not getting- all I know is only someone who is really sick would EVER lay a hand on a 6 month old BABY.

And spanking IS hitting, you fool- and nothing is right about hitting- or as you say- spanking- a 6 month old baby.

You actually think a 6 month old can learn or know the difference between right and wrong and what's more, can know that it's being "spanked" because it did something wrong and you think a 6 month old baby has the ability to deliberately cry to upset mommy and daddy's dinner plans.

You're a sick mo' fo'.

Get lost.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#619471 Apr 24, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>How's is this a pertinent answer to 'how awareness came into being'?
And just because we know mass is associated with gravity we can't say that mass causes gravity because we don't know the fundamental cause or mechanism of gravity. Same with awareness. Just because molecules are a part of the organism that displays awareness doesn't mean that molecules are the cause, especially when the quantum state is more fundamental than the molecular state.
You have no way of approaching the question of how awareness came into being, so KMA.
Einstein explained gravity with GR , which does explain the cause and mechanism of gravity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619472 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
Right- YOUR post was full of bullsh*t assumptions- you assume that a 6 month old baby knows that mommy and daddy want to have a quiet dinner together and the 6 month old baby deliberately plans to distract them.

You'd be surprised how quickly a baby learns if they can control their parents.
Not sure what part of "babies cry and often cry for no discernible reason" that you're not getting- all I know is only someone who is really sick would EVER lay a hand on a 6 month old BABY.
You don't have kids, do you?
And spanking IS hitting, you fool- and nothing is right about hitting- or as you say- spanking- a 6 month old baby.
You don't have kids, do you?
You actually think a 6 month old can learn or know the difference between right and wrong
Absolutely.

They're human, they learn pretty damn quick. If left unchecked, they learn that all they gotta do is cry and mommy picks them up. All they gotta do is cry and get a pacifier. All they gotta do is cry and get a snack.

They learn to whine to get their way.

You gotsta check 'em.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#619473 Apr 24, 2013
Weak minded people believe in any kind GOD

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619475 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb ass.
War is an act of nations or states, not individuals.
In which INDIVIDUALS get killed- not nations or states.

Yeah- dumb ass is right- I'm posting to one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u nd money? Get Conneted wit a Rich gay who ... 9 min Agent Larry 1
Moses never existed 12 min HipGnosis 1,259
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Liam 39,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 608,140
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 573,730
asking a friend for a spanking (Mar '12) 2 hr princessddlife 10
sharing your wife 2 hr Chrisalex 23
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr My name is Ashok ... 5,624
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 268,805
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 7 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web