Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#619791 Apr 25, 2013
Pokay wrote:
When I am on my death bed, I still won't seriously consider that "God" assumes a name (like "Jehovah" or "Allah"), but I bet most atheists will break down and consider that there might be some sort of higher power/consciousness, and will quickly humble themselves. But maybe too late to make a difference.....in the "direction" their conscious energy is allowed to take, after the transition of "death".
So, now your "eternal consciousness" nonsense shows it's true colors. It is ego worship and the desire to see others "judged" for their arrogance hidden behind pseudo science. "Direction their consciousness will take..." I wonder what that could be a euphemism for.

Location hidden

#619792 Apr 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein explained gravity with GR , which does explain the cause and mechanism of gravity.
Well, it models the effects of gravity/distortions in spacetime very well, but we still don't know exactly how gravity is "communicated."

Location hidden

#619793 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?!?!
So you have a 6 month old baby that's decided to throw a meaningless temper tantrum because you're trying to have dinner with your man and the baby's not getting enough attention...
What do you do?
Woah. RR, do you think that babies like, think in the same way that adults do?

Location hidden

#619794 Apr 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever watch Star Wars? Here's a tongue in cheek example of something that is "logically impossible" consider the dramatic revelation in Star Wars: Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back). Luke's reaction to the revelation that Darth Vader is his father is disbelief: that it is impossible. Whatever emotions drove this reaction, it is likely that this was his reaction to the fact that the assertion contradicted his mental model of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker being seperate individuals, one of whom literally killed the other, as Ben Kenobi described in Episode IV. Relative to this model of reality, it was logically impossible for Darth Vader to be Anakin Skywalker, because it violated an assumption used in constructing the model. But if we accept what is asserted or demonstrated by the later Star Wars films, it was in fact actually possible, and indeed true.
Yes I know that it's just a movie, but it does show that something can be logical and yet impossible.
No. It was not "logically impossible" for darth vader to be lukes father. That is not what is meant by "logically impossible."

Location hidden

#619795 Apr 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Relax..... People....The previous post was more HUMOR than anything else....
Oh. Well then.. lol

Location hidden

#619796 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that atheist websites like to boast about inconsistencies in the bible, but there are none.
You just have to know how to apply a little creative "interpretation," am I right?

Location hidden

#619797 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanking a child as discipline is not violence, IMO.
Striking a child, or anyone, out of anger is akin to raid rage.
I have never and will never spank my kids out of anger.
For a lawyer, you have a skewed vision of domestic violence. You sound like the typical Californian liberal.
A 6 month old does not understand the concept of "discipline." If you hit a 6 month old baby, all you are teaching them is that if they do what they were doing immediately preceding the beating, they will get hit. In this way, you will condition your child to fear crying. It will not understand "oh, I shouldn't cry unless something is *really* wrong," it will just connect the crying with the hitting.

Location hidden

#619798 Apr 25, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's the dipsh*t quote of the day. You don't even realize how stupid that makes you look. You obviously don't understand the material that you google. The quantum world is eternally active. So much so that 'absolute zero' may not be attainable, that is if it is defined as a total absence of any motion. And it's not even possible to determine a total lack of motion because detection has limits; we have no idea what the limits of reality are.
I think he meant that the macro world does not follow the same rules as the quantum world. As in, things do not pop in and out of existence and my couch is not a wavefunction, as far as I can tell.

Location hidden

#619799 Apr 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that you disapprove this thing called religion, and if a believer is honest with themselves they would too.
I'm not sure what in your past has happened to piss you off, hurt you or turn you away from God and to harden that "pump" of yours but that's for a later time.
Ughhh. Goodness I hate that. "People who don't believe the same thing I do must be that way because they were 'hurt,' and therefore their objections can be written off as if they are over emotional children." No.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619800 Apr 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about typical.

But yes, I am a liberal and a Californian.

What happened to you?
He was dropped on his head when he was very small.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Island City, NY

#619801 Apr 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, I got up earlier than you today.

Know why?

Aero, thanks for letting me use your post.

Off to the gym. You? And the cigs?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619802 Apr 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Woah. RR, do you think that babies like, think in the same way that adults do?
Yes, that is apparently what RR thinks.

He thinks that 6 month old babies reason like adults, he thinks that 6 month old babies are capable of plotting and planning, he thinks that 6 month old babies will know why they are being spanked, he thinks that 6 month old babies have any concept of right and wrong, he thinks that 6 month old babies know what discipline is, he thinks that 6 month old babies know they are being punished....

Um....I think RR likes to bully anyone and everyone- including 6 month old babies.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619803 Apr 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Are you drunk?
No dear. I rarely drink.

But thank you for pointing out my typo.

I can't begin to tell you how much I value your posts.

Have a wonderful day.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619804 Apr 26, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Sad but true, but then again Satan also knows the scripture.

Kinda like owning a tool but dont know how to use it.. Its worthless!
I've found more modern tools to be much more useful than ancient ones.

It's a much different world now than it was 2000 years ago.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619805 Apr 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Woah. RR, do you think that babies like, think in the same way that adults do?
Oh yes- I forgot- RR also thinks that 6 month old babies are capable of understanding that Mommy and Daddy want to have a nice quiet dinner together.

Then again, RR thinks that keeping a loaded gun in his teenage son's bedroom is also a very good thing to do and RR thinks that makes him a good parent.

Also, RR thinks that if a person doesn't have children, they have no right to an opinion about child-rearing.

And because RR is a parent, he thinks that means he knows everything about how children should be disciplined, taught and raised.

What RR doesn't understand is that one need not be a parent to recognize what is child abuse and striking a 6 month old baby is child abuse and keeping a loaded gun in the bedroom of minors is also child abuse.

And given the inordinate amount of time RR spends here- and that does include the weekends- RR is also guilty of child neglect in that he neglects his teenage sons to spend as much time as he possibly can here on Topix.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619806 Apr 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>RR, I got up earlier than you today.

Know why?

Aero, thanks for letting me use your post.

Off to the gym. You? And the cigs?
Gym a little later. I've had to lay off the legs for a while as I've been struggling to heal a strained MCL. Still go 5 to 7 days a week.

Unfortunately, I started smoking again after I lost my job. Got to quit again. Too much time on my hands.

They made an offer to bring me back to work, but it was totally unacceptable to me, so I am appealing to the MSPB.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619807 Apr 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, first of all, it's not banned, and second of all, charging people a little extra fee to make sure they *really* want those bags is not "ultra leftist," it is simply an easy way to cut down on waste and pollution. Plastic is not good for the environment, period. But I know the far right wackos think it's their god given right to punish the environment based on that silly ass "dominion" tradition.
Seriously, explain the logic that makes something as simple and self evident as the need to take care of earth "far leftist."
ROFLMAO!!! This is a GREAT post, but seriously- you're asking RR to explain LOGIC when he is totally ILLOGICAL due to having absolutely no concept as to what logic is??

Nah- in RR's mind, it is "logical" to think that actually caring about the planet, the environment, the planet being habitable for future generations to come- which includes not only HIS kids, but any kids they might have and any kids his grandkids might have, and so on....is a "leftist plot" of some sort.

And here's more of RR's "logic"- he has posted that left wingers are more wasteful than right wingers.

Of course, he had no stats or documentation to back that up, but hey- all we need to know is that RR is right because RR is just SOOOO logical....

HA!

Location hidden

#619808 Apr 26, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that is apparently what RR thinks.
He thinks that 6 month old babies reason like adults, he thinks that 6 month old babies are capable of plotting and planning, he thinks that 6 month old babies will know why they are being spanked, he thinks that 6 month old babies have any concept of right and wrong, he thinks that 6 month old babies know what discipline is, he thinks that 6 month old babies know they are being punished....
Um....I think RR likes to bully anyone and everyone- including 6 month old babies.
Yeah, that was pretty out there, even for RR. He could use a child psych class at the local community college. Or as he would call it, the libetard indoctrination center.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619809 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The night before Christmas is wrong.
"'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse"
What, does the author think that everybody lives in a house?
What about all the city folks?
You really are an illiterate moron. You're not even familiar with the story "The Night Before Christmas".

The story is about ONE house and ONE family who lived in that ONE house.

The POINT is that if people are going to use a book of FAITH about god to try and prove that the existence of a god is a FACT, then a book about Santa Claus could also stand as proof that the existence of Santa Claus is a fact.

That you don't GET that is simply another sign of just how lacking in LOGIC and critical thinking skills you are.

But that's not news.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619810 Apr 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or spanked when he was 6 months old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lion... 79,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Acts4-12-BY ONLY ... 701,481
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 2 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 2 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 2 hr BILLION HEIR 39