Could be one of thousands.

You have an inferiority complex.

Go Figure
Huh

Plano, TX

#619571 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang theory can be tested, sure. It's just a theory.
The Big Bang event cannot be tested.
Christians think a theory is something somebody made up on a drunken bender, you know, the way their god was made up. Your equivocation fallacy and ignorance of what the term theory means in a scientific setting says everything anyone needs to know about you. "Just a theory" is the biggest lie in Christianity when it comes to science, because, heaven knows, Christianity is one big lie.

Germ theory is "just a theory" but you would take antibiotics from a doctor. You're a lying fool.

As used in science, "theory" does not mean the same thing as it does in everyday life. A theory is not a guess, hunch, hypothesis, or speculation. It is much more full-blown.

A theory is built upon one or more hypotheses, and upon evidence. The word "built" is essential, for a theory contains reasoning and logical connections based on the hypotheses and evidence. Thus we have Newton's theory of gravity and the motion of planets, Einstein's theory of relativity, the germ theory of disease, the cell theory of organisms, plate tectonics (theory of the motion of land masses), the valence theory of chemical compounds, and theories of evolution in biology, geology, and astronomy. These theories are self-consistent and consistent with one another.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619572 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You'd be dead in a week in NY.
This reminds me of one of the funniest things my mother ever said.

She was living in Orlando and working in an office. Like me, my mother was originally from NYC.

A native Floridian asked her one day: Do you think I could get a job in NY?

Without missing a beat, my mother looked at her and said: Honey, you couldn't even be a CUSTOMER in NY.

ROFLMAO!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619573 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>And individuals don't die, only countries. Moron.
RR seems confused about what happens in war.

I guess he thinks countries get killed.....no actual humans are affected by war.....

Yeah- calling RR a moron is putting it very mildly.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619574 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christians think a theory is something somebody made up on a drunken bender, you know, the way their god was made up. Your equivocation fallacy and ignorance of what the term theory means in a scientific setting says everything anyone needs to know about you. "Just a theory" is the biggest lie in Christianity when it comes to science, because, heaven knows, Christianity is one big lie.
Germ theory is "just a theory" but you would take antibiotics from a doctor. You're a lying fool.
As used in science, "theory" does not mean the same thing as it does in everyday life. A theory is not a guess, hunch, hypothesis, or speculation. It is much more full-blown.
A theory is built upon one or more hypotheses, and upon evidence. The word "built" is essential, for a theory contains reasoning and logical connections based on the hypotheses and evidence. Thus we have Newton's theory of gravity and the motion of planets, Einstein's theory of relativity, the germ theory of disease, the cell theory of organisms, plate tectonics (theory of the motion of land masses), the valence theory of chemical compounds, and theories of evolution in biology, geology, and astronomy. These theories are self-consistent and consistent with one another.
RR has no clue about the difference in the use of the word "theory" when used by laypersons versus when used by scientists.

Good luck trying to explain to him what many have tried to explain to him already......

I probably don't have to tell you that using logic and critical thinking are not within the realm of RR's capabilities.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#619575 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What's been happening in the church with the sex scandals has actually been going on for at least decades, probably hundreds of years and possibly since the church began. This is foretold by the prophet Malachi in chapter 2:1-10 and says, "therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people..." "... why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? It is a commandment to the priests because they will not give glory to the name of the real G-d of Israel, and G-d has cursed them.
Stanley asks if you can come up with some 'realistic' numbers for the number of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Laypersons who have involved with the Holy Roman Catholic Church over the past 2000 years....

....and the number of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, and Laypeople that have been 'found out' to date!!!

It only lends credence to the fact that the number of monsters that were caughtOut pales in comparison to the number of Good, Kind, Compassionate, Hard-Working members of the Chruch over the centuries. As a matter of fact.....Stanley says that he's willing to say that the number of badAsses come in at less than 0.0001 perCent.

You obviously have NOT done your homework as you don't know how and you are also very lazy and lack the formal education to think about how to do so.

So, stop your bullSchidt in speaking in generalities when you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains and we both believe that when it comes to you there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Go Figure.
Huh

Plano, TX

#619576 Apr 25, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that you are 'far off the mark' as we are both Roman Catholics.
You, on the other hand, practice 'voodooism' and quite often are seen running around 'as' the chicken with its head cut off.
Go Figure.
Ollie: "Why did you get a veterinarean ?"
Stan: "Well I didn't think his religion would make any difference."
Huh

Plano, TX

#619577 Apr 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This reminds me of one of the funniest things my mother ever said.
She was living in Orlando and working in an office. Like me, my mother was originally from NYC.
A native Floridian asked her one day: Do you think I could get a job in NY?
Without missing a beat, my mother looked at her and said: Honey, you couldn't even be a CUSTOMER in NY.
ROFLMAO!!!
Awesome.
Huh

Plano, TX

#619578 Apr 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR has no clue about the difference in the use of the word "theory" when used by laypersons versus when used by scientists.
Good luck trying to explain to him what many have tried to explain to him already......
I probably don't have to tell you that using logic and critical thinking are not within the realm of RR's capabilities.
That means he knows and is just a liar.
Huh

Plano, TX

#619579 Apr 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR seems confused about what happens in war.
I guess he thinks countries get killed.....no actual humans are affected by war.....
Yeah- calling RR a moron is putting it very mildly.
The guy claims to be a family man but sits on Topix 24/7. Some family.
Huh

Plano, TX

#619580 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
The rod was a shepherd's crook, not a staff to beat people with. That is not an advocacy for physical violence but for gentle guiding to the right path. Besides, anyone that goes to the immoral Bible, the Grand Book of Ridiculous Multiple Choice, and uses it for guidance is a blithering fool.
Huh

Plano, TX

#619581 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that atheist websites like to boast about inconsistencies in the bible, but there are none.
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha. They can't even get where Jesus was born right. Of course, since Nazareth didn't exist in the First Century...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619582 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome.
Exactly what the sentiment has been from everyone I've told that story to.

My mother had a great and very witty sense of humor and this was one of those gems.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619583 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That means he knows and is just a liar.
I don't think he does know the difference regarding the word "theory" when used by laypersons and when used by scientists.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619584 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The guy claims to be a family man but sits on Topix 24/7. Some family.
Yep- on average, he posts 2,200 times a MONTH, which on average and using just 20 days of the month he posts 110 times per day.

Of course, he is here quite often on the weekends as well, which then works out to about 73 posts per day- either way, he is stealing from his employer and/or cheating his family out of that precious "quality time".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619585 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I know that atheist websites like to boast about inconsistencies in the bible, but there are none.
Now THAT is some serious self delusion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619586 Apr 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT is some serious self delusion.
I find such statements as that one made by RR to be nothing short of amazing in how delusional such statements are.

Those who have made it their life's work to study the bible would never make such an erroneous and irresponsible claim.

In fact, that is basically the crux of what biblical scholars do- pore over and sift through the incredible number of inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible.

But RR knows better than those who know the bible from front to back, back to front and everything in between and who have read it and re-read it countless times.

The bible has more inconsistencies and contradictions in it than does any other book of fairy tales, parables or myths.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619587 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>And with the difference in size, there is no difference. Spanking a baby. You should be incarcerated.
6 month old babies don't throw tantrums.

6 month old babies don't "plot" and "plan" how to disrupt mommy and daddy having a quiet dinner together.

6 month old babies cry because that's what babies do and often for no discernible reason at all.

Babies can even have headaches but of course, have no way of communicating that or anything else that might be ailing them or bothering them but which there is nothing a parent could be able to determine once the diaper's been checked, the baby has been fed, etc.

And some babies are simply colicky or could have gas they can't pass.

But RR prefers to think that 6 month old babies "plot" and "plan" in their bid to get attention.

And even if that WAS the case, his solution is to HIT a BABY because the baby is, in his moronic opinion, doing something "wrong"??

What is wrong is that there is something very seriously wrong with ANYONE who would hit/spank a 6 month old BABY for ANY reason at all.

There is no justification for what can be termed as nothing other than what it is: CHILD ABUSE.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619588 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that atheist websites like to boast about inconsistencies in the bible, but there are none.
Just to get you started:

1. Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Solomon. Mt.1:6.
Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Nathan. Lk.3:31.

The announcement of the special birth came before conception. Lk.1:26-31.
The announcement of the special birth came after conception. Mt.1:18-21.
Jesus' parents were told of their son's future greatness. Mt.1:18-21; Lk.1:28-35.
Jesus' parents knew nothing of their son's potential. Lk.2:48-50.
The angel told Joseph. Mt.1:20.
The angel told Mary. Lk.1:28.
There were 28 generations from David to Jesus. Mt.1:17.
There were 43 generations from David to Jesus. Lk.3:23-31.
Jacob was Joseph's father. Mt.1:16.
Heli was Joseph's father. Lk.3:23.
He was to be called Emmanuel. Mt.1:23.
He was called Jesus. Mt.1:25.
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus flee to Egypt while Herod slaughters all males under 2 years old. Mt.2:13-16.(Note: Jesus' cousin, John, was also under 2 and survived without having to flee.)
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus did not flee to Egypt, but remained for temple rituals. No slaughter of infants is mentioned! Lk.2:21-39.
Jesus was tempted during the 40 days in the wilderness. Mk.1:13.
Jesus was tempted after the 40 days in the wilderness. Mt.4:2,3.
The devil first took Jesus to the pinnacle, then to the mountain top. Mt.4:5-8.
The devil first took Jesus to the mountain top, then to the pinnacle. Lk.4:5-9.
Satan tempted Jesus. Mt.4:1-10; Mk.1:13; Lk.4:1,2.
Satan had no interest in Jesus. Jn.14:30.
The baptism of Jesus was with the "Holy Ghost". Mk.1:8; Jn.1:33.
Fire was also added to the baptism. Mt.3:11; Lu.3:16.
John knew of Jesus before he baptized him. Mt.3:11-13; Jn.1:28,29.
John knew nothing of Jesus at all. Mt.11:1-3.
Jesus begins his ministry after John's arrest. Mk.1:13,14.
Jesus begins his ministry before John's arrest. Jn.3:22-24.
It is recorded that Jesus saw the spirit descending. Mt.3:16; Mk.1:10.
It is recorded that John saw the spirit descending. Jn.1:32.
The heavenly voice addressed the gathering. Mt.3:17.
The heavenly voice addressed Jesus. Mk.1:11; Lk.3:22.
Immediately after the baptism, Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness. Mt.4:1,2; Mk.1:12,13.
Three days after the baptism, Jesus was at the wedding in Cana. Jn.2:1.
Jesus went to Bethphage and the Mt. of Olives, then left for Bethany. Mt.21:1,17.
Jesus went to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mt. of Olives. Mk.11:1; Lk.19:29.
Jesus went to Bethany and then Jerusalem. Jn.12:1,12.
Jesus and his disciples taught in Capernaum. Mk.1:20,21.
Only Jesus taught in Capernaum. Lk.4:30,31.
Peter was chosen, with Andrew, by the Sea of Galilee. Mt.4:18-20; Mk.1:16-18.
Peter was chosen, with James and John, by the lake of Gennesaret. Lk.5:2-11.
Andrew chose Jesus and then got Peter to join. Jn.1:35-42.
Peter was to preach to the Jews. Mt.10:2,5,6; Gal.2:7.
Peter was to preach to the Gentiles. Acts 15:7.
Jesus cured Simon Peter's mother-in-law after he cleansed the leper. Mt.8:1-15.
Jesus cured Simon Peter's mother-in-law before he cleansed the leper. Mk.1:30-42; Lk.4:38 to 5:13.
Peter's mother-in-law was healed before Peter was called to be a disciple. Lu.4:38,39; 5:10.
Peter's mother-in-law was healed after Peter was called to be a disciple. Mt.4:18,19; 8:14,15; Mk.1:16,17,30,31.
James and John were with Jesus when he healed Simon Peter's mother-in-law. Mk.1:29-31.
James and John were not with Jesus when he healed Simon Peter's mother-in-law. Lu.4:38,39; 5:10,11.

RR, you have no more ever read the bible than you have ever read any other book in your life.

If you had actually ever read the bible, you would not say there are no inconsistencies in it.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619589 Apr 25, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Define "fundamental force". Gravity was explained by The Most Dishonorable Reverend Ted Haggard (R-Sodom). It is intelligent falling. When an object is above ground, angels force it to the Earth's surface at 9.8 meters per second, squared. Like when those people were forced to jump from the World Trade Center. Angels gleefully thrust them to the ground to be smashed to pieces. Angels love some smashing. It's in the book!
Uh, why would angels need wings, anyway. Hmmmm, more bullshirt.
You're mistaking me for being religious; I'm not. I'm not believing anything specific about "God", just that there is some sort of higher power. I don't "worship" but I remain humble. Why is that bad? You think pompousness is a good position?

I don't take the Bible as the word of God. And I agree that angels shouldn't need wings. I've never seen an angel with or without wings. But I believe that consciousness is eternal; well, the part of consciousness that we experience in the present (minus memory), our 'sense of being'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Aura Mytha 31,630
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 10 min Johnny 32
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 687,417
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,495
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 2 hr tom 5
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Think out Loud 3
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
More from around the web