Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Unless you happen to be all sciency. Actually general relativity and about all science and measurement is centered around the concept of space/time. I find it impossible to get a grip on reality without it. The measure of space and time is inescapable in science these days. You must have been born about 200 years too late?
There is no measure of space. Space is the (relationship)between set points.

Here is another fraud and an idiot.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooooooops! Now did you really mean to say this?
"instructions of information"
That is what DNA is to us, a set of instructions. And yes I really meant to say it.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That is what DNA is to us, a set of instructions. And yes I really meant to say it.
Then how do you account for the origin of these instructions?

Check Mate!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

<quoted text>
So you are claiming there are necessary foundations?
What would they be?
Can a rock be conscious?

That should answer your first question.

And I can only guess as to what the "foundations" of consciousness are, but as I said before, the framework for consciousness probably began with simple cells "learning" to share useful bits of information between themselves. Perhaps cells close to food would alert other nearby cells with a simple signal. Perhaps this evolved into more complex behaviors over time. I don't know.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Can a rock be conscious?
That should answer your first question.
And I can only guess as to what the "foundations" of consciousness are, but as I said before, the framework for consciousness probably began with simple cells "learning" to share useful bits of information between themselves. Perhaps cells close to food would alert other nearby cells with a simple signal. Perhaps this evolved into more complex behaviors over time. I don't know.
Yeah, that's real funny.

Now what foundations are you claiming?

Or you just make up BS and hope you are not called out?

Found another fraud!!!

Check mate!!! Bye Bye now...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...... I hadn't considered that.....
Speaking of government involvement....
I just found out that plastic shopping bags are banned here in Santa Cruz, Monterrey and upper Nor Cal... What a difference fro So Cal. They are also charging .25 cents per bag as a government fee...
I guess they use re usable cloth bags up here but I was thinking, couldn't fabric bags harbor dangerous bacteria if not washed? I guess they're willing to take that chance.... I guess i understand saving the seals and all but it still doesn't seem right.....
I doubt that's anything to worry about. We have to pay for bags here too in MD, or at least my part of MD. I think it's a good thing, I've cut down on using bags a lot since they started charging and many other people have too - which means a lot less plastic in the environment. It's not really the government trying to make money off the bags, it's them trying to dissuade people from using them in the first place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear God
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I like the original better. Did you know it's a cover of this:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Yeah, that's real funny.
Found another fraud!!!
What are you talking about? I'm not "claiming" any particular foundations - I said several times I do not know exactly how consciousness started. I think you are not understanding what is meant by foundations - consciousness had to start somewhere, and the things which led up to it's beginnings are it's "foundations." That is not a "claim" that needs defending. Stop being such a troll. Seriously. You can improve your sense of self worth by less annoying means.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that's anything to worry about. We have to pay for bags here too in MD, or at least my part of MD. I think it's a good thing, I've cut down on using bags a lot since they started charging and many other people have too - which means a lot less plastic in the environment. It's not really the government trying to make money off the bags, it's them trying to dissuade people from using them in the first place.
Yeah, that's real funny.

Found another fraud!!!

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I like the original better. Did you know it's a cover of this:
Yeah, that's real funny.

Found another fraud!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Check Mate!
They started out real simple, about 3.5 billion years ago. But you have to understand these instructions are like blueprints that were assembled in a chain, not like something someone drew up.
OvercomeDiversit y

Carteret, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

V for Vendetta wrote:
<quoted text>When Humanity starts it's conquest of the Universe, Traitors like you will be the first to die...
Why do you need proof that there is a God? What's the point? Would you live your life differently if you had indisputable proof? It's like asking whether there is proof that wind exists. If you were struck by lightning and lived, would you believe in God then? I doubt it. If He stood in front of you and said, I am the real deal, you would probably say you were hallucinating or having a flash-back. When you can only think with a logical mind, it is nearly impossible to believe in someone greater than us who could have no beginning or end. People in general scoff at that which they cannot comprehend. You either believe or you don't--it's a choice. I think the universe is too large for anyone to know for sure who or what "God" could possibly be. How does not believing make one's life better? To me, it's pretty depressing to believe that "man" is the best thing this universe has to offer.
I disagree so much with what you said I could write a book...
If someone said "In the name of God I heal this Limb" and I see it grow back you would definity have my attention. You Assume Atheists are close minded like Hardcore Chirstians, in most cases you could not be me wrong. Atheist mostly embrace science and if evidence shows a god or gods exist then most Atheists would take note...Remember the Supernatural is the Natural we don't understand yet...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have a problem with the defining of self aware, and didn't write the list. But that is a list of is what animals people consider "self aware". I somewhat personally consider anything that
knows it is hungry and needs to eat or knows it has to use the bathroom somewhat "self aware".
I was joking.

But in a way, yes, an animal that knows it's hungry would be "self aware" in a sense, but that's not really what is meant by "self awareness." It doesn't just mean "the ability to respond to internal stimuli," or even the ability to think, it means making the leap from thinking to acknowledging *yourself* as a unique individual. That's why the mirror test is so favored by those who test for animal self awareness, because it works under the assumption that an animal would only care to examine a mark on his face that wasn't there before if he understands that it is *his* face. Most animals simply ignore the test or react with fear or aggression, and even young children do not pass the mirror test.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> They started out real simple, about 3.5 billion years ago. But you have to understand these instructions are like blueprints that were assembled in a chain, not like something someone drew up.
Sure, sweet story, pumpkin.

Now does your theory have any empirical evidence that proves this? Cause if you don't, then what can we do with a theory that has no scientific proof?

PS. I told IANS that you need help right away...
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? I'm not "claiming" any particular foundations - I said several times I do not know exactly how consciousness started. I think you are not understanding what is meant by foundations - consciousness had to start somewhere, and the things which led up to it's beginnings are it's "foundations." That is not a "claim" that needs defending. Stop being such a troll. Seriously. You can improve your sense of self worth by less annoying means.
So you have NO clue as to what you are talking about, got it!!!

What a tool.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
Also, my "boss" IANS? You consistently act as if there is some hierarchy of atheists with a "playbook" who seek to put down your ideas. Goodness.
If only he knew.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Why are you asking me what your belief is, don't you know?
We got a real sharp one here...wow
You said "I don't have proof for my beliefs." I am asking you which beliefs I hold without evidence. You obviously think you know something about me, so share. I don't even have "beliefs" in the typical sense, so you're going to be off the mark no matter what nonsense you choose to spout.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Check Mate!
dunning kruger effect. This forum is a wonderland of mental deficiency.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I was joking.
But in a way, yes, an animal that knows it's hungry would be "self aware" in a sense, but that's not really what is meant by "self awareness." It doesn't just mean "the ability to respond to internal stimuli," or even the ability to think, it means making the leap from thinking to acknowledging *yourself* as a unique individual. That's why the mirror test is so favored by those who test for animal self awareness, because it works under the assumption that an animal would only care to examine a mark on his face that wasn't there before if he understands that it is *his* face. Most animals simply ignore the test or react with fear or aggression, and even young children do not pass the mirror test.
Yeah, that's real funny.

Found another fraud!!!

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You said "I don't have proof for my beliefs." I am asking you which beliefs I hold without evidence. You obviously think you know something about me, so share. I don't even have "beliefs" in the typical sense, so you're going to be off the mark no matter what nonsense you choose to spout.
Nope, BULLSEYE is more like it.

You are a coward and avoid taking any position. You have nothing to offer if you have nothing to believe,

Your intrinsic value = NULL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 587,661 - 587,680 of679,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

742 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual Leader 511,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 250,268
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Ratloder 109,358
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min RiversideRedneck 216,281
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min yon 376
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 23 min Neelakaran 2,913
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Liam 37,986
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr wilderide 89,377
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••