Another baseless assumption.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#619505 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But...
I don't think you're quite getting what "logically impossible" means.
There's no "new" way to understand how omnibenevolent and evil can exist in the same being.
It is not possible no matter how supreme or incomprehensible a being is.
You ever watch Star Wars? Here's a tongue in cheek example of something that is "logically impossible" consider the dramatic revelation in Star Wars: Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back). Luke's reaction to the revelation that Darth Vader is his father is disbelief: that it is impossible. Whatever emotions drove this reaction, it is likely that this was his reaction to the fact that the assertion contradicted his mental model of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker being seperate individuals, one of whom literally killed the other, as Ben Kenobi described in Episode IV. Relative to this model of reality, it was logically impossible for Darth Vader to be Anakin Skywalker, because it violated an assumption used in constructing the model. But if we accept what is asserted or demonstrated by the later Star Wars films, it was in fact actually possible, and indeed true.

Yes I know that it's just a movie, but it does show that something can be logical and yet impossible.

#619506 Apr 24, 2013
Relax..... People....The previous post was more HUMOR than anything else....

#619507 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean we discard or ignore the theories that currently work.
If we didn't use the knowledge we've gained, that works, because we might find a better one someday, we'd never get anywhere.
Kind of the way religion works.
You've got to believe until you die before you find out if you're right.
In no way am I saying to discard theories that currently work. What I am saying is that many of the theories we have now will probably have to be revised or outright discarded as we find out how crude or wrong our current theories are.
Consider that at one time we thought atoms were the smallest particles possible, or that the universe was static (Einstein) but later was determined to be expanding(Hubble) and so on and so forth.

With what we know and what we thought we knew, I just think that it's crazy to outright discard any theories or possibilities including the possibility of God.
We simply are not that smart to prove or disprove God.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#619509 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, I haven't spoken with my insurance guy yet, just got a message.
"They" is my insurance company.
She claimed to have glass in her eye. I almost didn't hit her, I saw she was running the light and slammed my brakes. I hit her at about 15mph. Only cost $600 to repair my vehicle.
Her insurance didn't cover my damages because she's claiming that I ran the red light, not her. There were no witnesses and no passengers so it's he said, she said. Literally.
It's SOP to take a statement.

Be very straightforward.

Just the facts--you were approaching the intersection at approx xx miles and hour, the light was green, you saw her when....., you hit the brakes, you were unable to avoid the collision. If you are asked questions, be short, clear, answer directly without elaborating.

P.S. Next time, call for police, have them make an accident report.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#619510 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with that kind of assertion, coupled with that kind of ultimatum.....
How can I argue?
In my view, violence begets violence also, but I don't see spanking a child as "violence", I see it as discipline. There's no fine line between spanking your kids and beating the hell out of them. The two are very different.
I've always believed that a firm hand is useful is training kids to be proper. They NEED discipline and they NEED to respect their parents.
And honestly, it's worked very well for me & my boys. They are super nice, hard working, respectable, clean, smart, obedient kids. They'll be great men.
OK.

No point in beating a dead horse.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#619511 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not how murder is defined. Murder is the *unlawful* taking of a human life.
So is manslaughter.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#619512 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with that kind of assertion, coupled with that kind of ultimatum.....
How can I argue?
In my view, violence begets violence also, but I don't see spanking a child as "violence", I see it as discipline. There's no fine line between spanking your kids and beating the hell out of them. The two are very different.
I've always believed that a firm hand is useful is training kids to be proper. They NEED discipline and they NEED to respect their parents.
And honestly, it's worked very well for me & my boys. They are super nice, hard working, respectable, clean, smart, obedient kids. They'll be great men.
Honoring your mother and father teaches children obedience and as adults they will obey G-d. "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it". G-d also condones physical discipline of children.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619513 Apr 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein explained gravity with GR , which does explain the cause and mechanism of gravity.
Pathetic. Now you're gonna claim that gravity is explained? It is a fundamental force you idiot. Meaning it cannot, as yet, be further explained. But I see you're already attempting to say it has been. Postulating that it is caused by exchange of virtual gravitons doesn't mean much yet. It's just speculation.

Regardless, this analogy doesn't really resemble the 'awareness from non-awareness' dilemma. What have you to say about that? Nothing, as usual.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#619514 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever watch Star Wars? Here's a tongue in cheek example of something that is "logically impossible" consider the dramatic revelation in Star Wars: Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back). Luke's reaction to the revelation that Darth Vader is his father is disbelief: that it is impossible. Whatever emotions drove this reaction, it is likely that this was his reaction to the fact that the assertion contradicted his mental model of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker being seperate individuals, one of whom literally killed the other, as Ben Kenobi described in Episode IV. Relative to this model of reality, it was logically impossible for Darth Vader to be Anakin Skywalker, because it violated an assumption used in constructing the model. But if we accept what is asserted or demonstrated by the later Star Wars films, it was in fact actually possible, and indeed true.
Yes I know that it's just a movie, but it does show that something can be logical and yet impossible.
Science fiction does become science fact. Darth Vader represents Satan (Adam), the dark side of the force. Luke Skywalker is his son and he represents the Messiah. Another character is Yoda, who is like Elijah and the seven year time frame applies to both of them.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#619515 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
In no way am I saying to discard theories that currently work. What I am saying is that many of the theories we have now will probably have to be revised or outright discarded as we find out how crude or wrong our current theories are.
Consider that at one time we thought atoms were the smallest particles possible, or that the universe was static (Einstein) but later was determined to be expanding(Hubble) and so on and so forth.
With what we know and what we thought we knew, I just think that it's crazy to outright discard any theories or possibilities including the possibility of God.
We simply are not that smart to prove or disprove God.

I agree with to a point Al, we do not know if there is a god...but the point where we part thought is.
I think we have conclusively proven to a high degree that the bible is not the work of god, but the work of some men who used your superstition to their advantage to forge empires.
And it is the same with all Abrahamic religions.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#619516 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a chapter and verse for that?
Or is that what your bible study teacher told you.
Exodus 20:13 but it's mistranslated "kill" in the OKJV. Also, no one has taught me except the holy Spirit. Most of my doctrine is original.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#619517 Apr 24, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. Now you're gonna claim that gravity is explained? It is a fundamental force you idiot. Meaning it cannot, as yet, be further explained. But I see you're already attempting to say it has been. Postulating that it is caused by exchange of virtual gravitons doesn't mean much yet. It's just speculation.
Regardless, this analogy doesn't really resemble the 'awareness from non-awareness' dilemma. What have you to say about that? Nothing, as usual.
I suggest you go study GR, but I didn't say he was correct, but he indeed explains it. But experiments made show he is correct mostly. It hasn't been shown incorrect and is consistent with GR equations.

http://einstein.stanford.edu/

There is a problem with GR but that's what dark matter is about.
The addition of graviton is work in unified fields, whether there is a graviton or not has nothing to do with GR. But is the quantum state of gravity. Something that takes levels of energy we cannot produce to even try to see it it exists.

I suggest you learn what you are talking about before you say them.
General Relativity explains how gravity works. Go study it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#619518 Apr 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So if it's war...it's ok huh?
You must be a politician!
God is a politician, and is supposed to be the King of Israel and will be all 3 branches of government; executive, legislative and judicial. There will come a time when the world will "...beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore". Isaiah 2:4. The Messiah will also be called the "Prince of Peace" Isaiah 9:6.

#619519 Apr 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Science fiction does become science fact. Darth Vader represents Satan (Adam), the dark side of the force. Luke Skywalker is his son and he represents the Messiah. Another character is Yoda, who is like Elijah and the seven year time frame applies to both of them.
I though I heard something like that about it.

#619520 Apr 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with to a point Al, we do not know if there is a god...but the point where we part thought is.
I think we have conclusively proven to a high degree that the bible is not the work of god, but the work of some men who used your superstition to their advantage to forge empires.
And it is the same with all Abrahamic religions.
I think that any position of power and authority has the ability of being abused by man (or woman)
Without these so called superstitions as you call them, would we have built these empires and advanced mankind to propel us beyond nomads of no great distinction to superpowers and empires?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#619521 Apr 24, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. Now you're gonna claim that gravity is explained? It is a fundamental force you idiot. Meaning it cannot, as yet, be further explained. But I see you're already attempting to say it has been. Postulating that it is caused by exchange of virtual gravitons doesn't mean much yet. It's just speculation.

We explain the fundamental forces quite well, what you are looking for is why, no we cannot explain why. We can explain how many things work , but it will forever remain a mystery as why some things work exactly the way they do. With gravity Einstein explains how gravity works, by he did not know why.

#619522 Apr 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I though I heard something like that about it.
* thought

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#619523 Apr 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is a politician, and is supposed to be the King of Israel and will be all 3 branches of government; executive, legislative and judicial. There will come a time when the world will "...beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore". Isaiah 2:4. The Messiah will also be called the "Prince of Peace" Isaiah 9:6.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kook kent kant st... 701,538
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min Prince of Darkness 6,869
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min youRjoking 80,195
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 15 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,538
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 34 min Johnny 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,396
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr Johnny 41