Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you say ever eludes me.....
Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Sweetie-Pie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Neither, I have made other plans.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.
What? Huh? Those are not my words and didnt come from my head, but they sounded very logical and reasonable to me..

So do you want to explain your concepts, that you have fabricated and fashioned in your mind, and those of others who has influenced your constructed view of how life began??

So you disagree with anaology, so what would your analogy be(scientificly)??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you say to those atheists who have already done what you suggest and felt nothing?
Keep seeking with a clear mind and a willing heart. Question your motive and ask yourself if you found the evidence you wanted, would you and are you willing to serve God? Are you simply seeking ''just'' for the curiousity of his existence, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?
(here's hoping you're not one of those people who will say - without even knowing - that they didn't really open their hearts when they reached out to god...)
Keep seeking with an open mind and willing heart, check your motive i would think..

Are you seeking "just for" the curiousity of his existence?, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?

Have you asked yourself if you found the evidence you seek, are you willing to serve God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
" if "originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?
"If" Absolutely Nothing ever existed..."
That is a mighty big "if"
Exactly. So which side of the ''IF'' would you want to be on when that time comes?

Because when our time is up here, we both are gonna see that ''if'' turned into ''it surely was true''..

All the "if's" and maybe's will be proven positive..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Huh? Those are not my words and didnt come from my head, but they sounded very logical and reasonable to me..
So do you want to explain your concepts, that you have fabricated and fashioned in your mind, and those of others who has influenced your constructed view of how life began??
So you disagree with anaology, so what would your analogy be(scientificly)??
It will suffice to say your mentor was missing the concept of our 4th dimension when thinking about nothing vs something.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, I have made other plans.

Ok Sweetie Pie maybe some other time.:) heheheh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
there always was something imo,our universe was most likely part of a multiverse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
They are plenty of speculations for sure, but wouldnt you agree they had to be a ''first cause''? Who/what had the intelligence and power to give knowledge, to make that ''first'' cell with all of that information in it?

Who put it there? For arguments sake, lets say that possibly could be true, but the same question applies. They had to be a beginning, rather it be one universe or multiple.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No all this is your bull sjit because.
Groups of molecules never became aware of themselves.
Cells may have become somewhat aware of themselves, but not at a level we can call conscious. So your whole scheme is wrong, and you call me crazy. If you want to say science is still puzzling
out the mystery of life, then say it.
But molecules aren't alive or aware of themselves and defining life as a collection of molecules is ridiculous.
You are really asking how did organic matter become living organisms .
Holy sh*t. You really are whacked. Molecules "never" became aware of themselves? What are we but a bunch of molecules? Matter fact that's what any good topix atheist will try to convince others of, that we are nothing but molecules and as such have no truly free will. And now you're saying we're not? What are we then, psycho man? However you want to slice it, call it molecules call it cells; if there really was an abiogenesis event (and it was not driven by an eternal consciousness) then there most definitely had to be an instant in time when these molecules or cells (which *are* groups of molecules, or don't you get that?) had become "aware". There exists awareness now and you claim awareness did'nt exist eternally, so there's is no such thing as becoming aware slowly. The very instant you *start* becoming aware, no matter how little or slowly, that is the instant you become aware. A nanometer of awareness is still awareness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is a distinction. I did not say "consciousness and awareness," I said "consciousness and self awareness." A cat is conscious. It is not self aware. Not everything that is conscious has a sense of self.
Don't understand the last question. Comfortable with what? I don't care where consciousness "comes from" either way.
and
And I don't know for sure, but based on testing for animal self awareness, there are only a select few animals that have a sense of self. I would link the proof to you, but I know that at this point you will respond with "well, you can't really know they don't have a sense of self unless you know what makes consciousness possible" or some other such nonsense. The point is, given the evidence we have, dogs do not have a sense of self. Before you start yelling, take a moment and make sure you really know what is meant by "sense of self." It does not mean "ability to think."
You guys are really flipping me out. If your boss IANS was here he would smack you and Aura and then fire you. How can anyone possibly know if a cat is self aware or has a sense of self? That is completely a subjective phenomenon. No one knows if I have a sense of being. But you assume I do sine you do and we are all humans. Heck everyone else in the world could be aliens or angels and this life could just be "my test". I don't believe that but it could be true for all I know. Get it? YOU really think animals have no sense of self? They might not but science cannot approach that.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Holy sh*t. You really are whacked. Molecules "never" became aware of themselves? What are we but a bunch of molecules? Matter fact that's what any good topix atheist will try to convince others of, that we are nothing but molecules and as such have no truly free will. And now you're saying we're not? What are we then, psycho man? However you want to slice it, call it molecules call it cells; if there really was an abiogenesis event (and it was not driven by an eternal consciousness) then there most definitely had to be an instant in time when these molecules or cells (which *are* groups of molecules, or don't you get that?) had become "aware". There exists awareness now and you claim awareness did'nt exist eternally, so there's is no such thing as becoming aware slowly. The very instant you *start* becoming aware, no matter how little or slowly, that is the instant you become aware. A nanometer of awareness is still awareness.
I spent some time in the Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.

Where did you spend your time?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It will suffice to say your mentor was missing the concept of our 4th dimension when thinking about nothing vs something.
LOL, forgive me for laughing..

But it was you who spoke about "all" the things that author said, was only "concepts" of my/his mind..

"pot calling the kettle black"!

And here you have your own concept and your mentor's concept of a 4th demension, a theory based only on a ''mans'' coined term. to which he cant prove to be true.

In mathematics, four-dimensional space ("4D") is an abstract concept derived by generalizing the rules of three-dimensional space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-dimensional...

In 1908, Hermann Minkowski presented a paper[6] consolidating the role of time as the fourth dimension of spacetime, the basis for Einstein's theories of special and general relativity.[7] But the geometry of spacetime, being non-Euclidean, is profoundly different from that popularised by Hinton. The study of such Minkowski spaces required new mathematics quite different from that of four-dimensional Euclidean space, and so developed along quite different lines. This separation was less clear in the popular imagination, with works of fiction and philosophy blurring the distinction, so in 1973 H. S. M. Coxeter felt compelled to write:

Little, if anything, is gained by representing the fourth Euclidean dimension as time. In fact, this idea, so attractively developed by H. G. Wells in The Time Machine, has led such authors as John William Dunne (An Experiment with Time) into a serious misconception of the theory of Relativity. Minkowski's geometry of space-time is not Euclidean, and consequently has no connection with the present investigation.

H. S. M. Coxeter, Regular Polytopes[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Euclidean

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
Woah. Wow. Consciousness is only molecular now when I can show how cells became conscious "during abiogensis?" First of all, who the fuck says that cells became immediately conscious during abiogenisis? And secondly, are you serious? So, evolution only happened if we can show how life started during abiogenisis, the universe is only expanding if we can show what happened at t=0, etc.. etc... etc...
WTF are you going on about? If it would make you feel better then we can say life came into being first and then awareness came into being subsequently (according to your speculation). It doesn't matter when it happened, numbnuts, fact is it happened. And if it happened, then we obviously went from a state of 'non-awareness' to 'awareness'. Go read the post I addressed to Aura; same answer, that is, unless you say you believe in an eternal consciousness and I Know that's not true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.

..Had to repost this..

Everything you said to me in this post, can be directed back to you and your own concepts..

So again, what problem did you have with that analogy??? HMMM

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Prove cats are not self-aware.
I don't know how well you have been following this conversation, but I believe I specifically said that we cannot prove that any animals are *not* self aware. And even if you hadn't been following the conversation, you should know that it is always dumb to ask someone to prove a negative. Cats, and most other animals, have not shown any sign of self awareness in any test we have come up with. This doesn't mean that they aren't self aware, of course - it might mean that we don't know how to test for it. However, since some animals have "passed" self awareness tests, it would seem that we do know how to test for it in some instances, which reduces the chance that we simply aren't giving the right tests.

One person objected to the notion that dogs do not have self awareness, noting that dogs do not use sight as their primary sense and as such the mirror test would probably mean nothing to them. Possibly a valid point, so he designed a "smell test" of self awareness, and this failed as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Awareness is a finished product. It can't be called 'awareness' until it is aware. Anything that is created cannot be called a finished product until it is done. So, there is an instant in time when a finished product is realized. Awareness, according to you ignoramuses, evolved from groups of molecules. So, there is a moment in time when 'awareness' was realized. Even if it was the tiniest finite amount.

Atheist motto in this case :
When there are no holes just one yourself out of nothing. You guys are really talented making something out of nothing. Here I thought it was impossible

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't think God creates everything, I think He created everything long ago but not that He is still creating things.
Secondly, God allows everything to have free will, which includes Satan. He created a beautiful creature that chose to be evil and had the power to become Satan.
God gives everybody and everything free will, including Satan.
But you think God created evil. I'm curious as to why. What is evil? It is the absence of good, which God created.
God created good because God is good. In the absence of God you have evil - you have Satan.
Imagine you know everything. Imagine you can do anything. Imagine that time does not exist for you - you are not bound to a single moment. Ok?

Now imagine you create a colony of little creatures. Imagine that you know everything that they will ever do, even if you don't explicitly make them do it. Imagine that you have the power to change the course of any event in their timeline. K?

Now, imagine you create one who you immediately know, by virtue of your omniscience, will go on to become evil. You know of all the lives he will destroy and all the bad things he will do. Imagine you could, by snapping your fingers, make all of the bad things he will ever do go away. k?

Now imagine that you don't. You see, in your infinite wisdom, untold suffering brought upon your creation by this creature. Even if you technically gave this creature "free will" (which technically can't exist in this universe since you know everything that will happen and can change it, but we will ignore that), you still know that this creature will use this "free will" to inflict suffering. k?

You have created evil. Even if you didn't "make" this creature evil intentionally, and even if he "chose" to become evil on his own - he did so under the watchful eye of you, a being who has the power to stop him effortlessly.

So yes, your god created evil. He set into motion a series of events that he knew, for a fact, would result in unimaginable levels of suffering in this universe, and he does not life a finger to stop it. That, to me, is worse than any sin of any evil man. Your god could snap his fingers and make sure that no child ever loses his parents, that no girl is ever raped, and that no kid is ever sold into slavery ever again. And he doesn't. That's even worse than your devil, because while he is evil, he doesn't have control over all of creation.

And, no, the absence of good/god is not evil. The absence of good is the absence of good. You don't automatically start butchering babies if you aren't a "good person."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> See if they are on the list of animals determined to be self aware.
http://listnation.blogspot.com/2012/03/9-anim...
Get out of here with your "lists" of your "evidence."

Seriously though, I think most people just naturally anthropomorphize their pets - assuming that since *they* personally have self awareness, their pet must have it too. It's an easy assumption to make. When a dog nearly explodes with happiness when you come home, it's easy to make assumptions like that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

reesy wrote:
Why don't you ask god to prove his existence to you. Remember when we communicate in spirit it is through our emotions so you might not ''see'' anything you will feel god though. Also he will let himself known to you only if you have an open heart and mind and let him know you want him in your life.remember we have free will.Another really good suggestion for you if you struggle with religion. Separate God from it. plain and simple . I promise god wouldn't mind one bit. In fact the only important thing is that You have a relationship with god . Religion or not. God Bless You and keep searching for answers we all have a spiritual path to follow :)
Believe before you believe. Classic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Pokay wrote:
Awareness is a finished product. It can't be called 'awareness' until it is aware. Anything that is created cannot be called a finished product until it is done. So, there is an instant in time when a finished product is realized. Awareness, according to you ignoramuses, evolved from groups of molecules. So, there is a moment in time when 'awareness' was realized. Even if it was the tiniest finite amount.
Atheist motto in this case :
When there are no holes just one yourself out of nothing. You guys are really talented making something out of nothing. Here I thought it was impossible
And most of em say they are open to reason and logic.. Ive yet to see any "evidence" of that.

When faced with what you have shown them, they assume the position and begin to fill in the blanks with indoctrination.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 587,621 - 587,640 of680,155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

677 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Anthony MN 512,135
I'm want to have sex with my mom (Jun '11) 3 min Glam 133
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 216,954
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Aura Mytha 250,382
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 38,014
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 16 min Harrison Freebird 52,510
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 19 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 24,625
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 33 min Dusty Mangina 89,569
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr alisha24 249
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••