Prove there's a god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#619247 Apr 24, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on medication?
You replied "good question" now you are asking for clarification of a question you already judged as being a good one?
Did your parents have any children that lived? I bet they regret that.
Just be cause I said "good question" it shows you were smart enough to ask the question.

Now since this forum is not about me, and you want me to respond, yes you will have to clarify the question on how it applies to me.

You can do this, right?

As for my parents, they have nothing to do with this forum either, and it really isn't any of your business how many children they had.

So - are you going to clarify your question to me or not?

Thanks for responding.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#619248 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, again:

"God knows what the outcome will be, both if we choose his destiny for us or if we choose our own way"

You have a choice.

Just because God knows what you're gonna do doesn't mean He's controlling what you do.

If you know the words of a song, does that mean you control the song?
Then we have no free will since god knows what we will choose.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619249 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. You've convinced yourself that Satan is demonstrably, obviously, false.
That's in your head, Jorge.
<quoted text>
Why? Do you love your mother? That is real, but it isn't testable...
<quoted text>
HA HA !!
God influences my life.
Explain WHY God is testable.
Go.
Sorry- it is your BELIEF in your god which influences your life. You have NO prove that it is any god who is influencing you.

And.....it is the BELIEF in Santa Claus which influences the actions and behavior of kids.

It is NOT Santa; it is the BELIEF in Santa.

There is NO difference between THAT belief and YOUR belief.

But do continue to natter on........

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619250 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:

Please illustrate one "grandiose" claim I have made.
"Republican Jesus finds your question curious"
Please illustrate where I have been "pissy".
All your republican quotes.
Please prove a negative for me,
-3+-1=-2
while you are at it, and please answer this: What happened in your life that you feel the need to mischaracterize others and treat forums like a cudgel and not a place to exchange ideas?
I'm not mischaracterizing anyone.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619251 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. You've convinced yourself that Satan is demonstrably, obviously, false.
That's in your head, Jorge.
<quoted text>
Why? Do you love your mother? That is real, but it isn't testable...
<quoted text>
HA HA !!
God influences my life.
Explain WHY God is testable.
Go.
Still waiting for quotes from Democrats seeking to justify, excuse and legitimize rape....

YOU go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619252 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! War is not a sin??? You don't think when someone is killed in war that they don't take it "personally" and all the more when it's CIVILIANS being killed?
And who the F*CK are YOU to tell me that I don't get to define anything?
And what the hell does that mean when I asked who gets to define sin?
Next- so you don't consider someone stealing from a store or a business to be personal because they're not stealing from a specific person??
You're weird.
No, killing someone in war is not sin. Neither is killing in self defense.

Yes, a person (PERSON) stealing from a store IS sin.

Derp.

Albuquerque, NM

#619253 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I can help clear up your non-answer...
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do you continue with this nonsense?
Only goes to show that you don't have much proof of anything, and are always requiring it.
Expert in all Things wrote:
Does this apply to both sides or just RR?
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Good question, but you'll have to clarify the question.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey "expert" you'll first have to show where I was a hypocrite, as you made that claim.

If you don't, I'll just move forward, knowing that you are just like RR - never having supporting evidence, but always requiring others to "prove" something.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619254 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This from someone who doesn't even know what defines logic.
ROFFLMAO!
Another baseless claim?

So amusing....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619255 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
Your god sucks- and so does your particular definition of what a Christian is.
UGH.
At least your admitting that God is real.

You have the choice to love Him or not.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619256 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Bookmarked.
Jorge's gonna argue with you that it's not a real handbook or that it doesn't exist.

No wait....

Y'all never correct each other.

Never mind.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619257 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republican Jesus finds your question curious"
<quoted text>
All your republican quotes.
<quoted text>
-3+-1=-2
<quoted text>
Come ON, RR- do you ever put your money where your mouth is???

Still waiting- quotes from Democrats seeking to justify, excuse and legitimize rape.

Go.

“Headless Body in Topless Bar”

Since: Sep 07

Hygiene, Colorado

#619258 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you know it, but you ask the impossible.
"Proven” does not equate with “supernatural”.
Supernatural would mean something that is outside the known natural processes of the universe and therefore is unable to be proven.
I think you've convinced yourself that if a thing cannot be proven, it does not exist. Is that correct?
Why must you continually state the position of others instead of asking for it. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but, the claim is that your supernatural character has influence on the natural world. That would be unequivocally testable.

We can triple down on your pretzel logic:

Atheist: There is no evidence for a god or gods.

You: Prove it

Atheist: Prove that I can't prove there is no evidence for a god or gods.

Infinite regress rears its ugly head, again.

Claiming that the supernatural, by its nature, is unprovable renders it impotent. If it is untestable then it has no effect on the natural world and is therefore a useless concept. Yes, you can dismiss this with the old mysterious god meme, or that the divine master is unknowable, but, what is most curious about that is how knowable the divine master is to the billions of self-appointed spokesmodels around the world. People sure do claim to know a lot about the unknowable. You are compartmentalizing your beliefs which results in nothing more than special pleading. I trust you proffer a more jaundiced eye to the claims of car salesmen and TV pitchmen.

When there is not sufficient evidence to support a claim, the default position should be rational skepticism if the goal is to minimize the number of false beliefs and maximize the number of true beliefs one holds. A central problem of faith is that if it can form a reasonable basis for believing one proposition without evidence, why does it not also form a reasonable basis for believing a contrary proposition? By what means can faith be discerned to lead to true beliefs, when it can be used with equal effectiveness to support conflicting propositions? One cannot argue that faith claims can be rationally evaluated in any way whatsoever to demonstrate their truth, because once faith claims are rationally considered against alternative hypotheses, the claims are either no longer held in favor of an alternative claim or no longer based on faith. If I maintain that there is no strong evidence for the presence of a divine master, you probably counter that you have faith to replace evidence. Ironically, many theists have the confidence to deny the existence of fairy tale creatures from other mythologies and cultures, and deities of other religions, for which there is likewise no strong evidence. The only common thread is cultural conditioning.

Hey, I get it. No one wants to die. The dream of the ego living forever is intoxicating. What is most curious is that the dream is always culturally conditioned.

I love when William Lane Craig equates his god to a flea. That's awesome. You can see the elephant in the courtyard, but not the flea. That doesn't mean the flea doesn't exist. Haha.

Albuquerque, NM

#619259 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying for your own personal comfort again?

*sighs*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619260 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you Christians keep claiming he's responsible for all the bad in the world.
No we don't. We blame humans for that.

Ignorant humans that don't even know Satan is influencing them.

Satan CANNOT control you, only influence you.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619261 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, killing someone in war is not sin. Neither is killing in self defense.
Yes, a person (PERSON) stealing from a store IS sin.
Derp.
Are you a self-defined spokesmodel for the divine master? I can offer you writings from other Christians who claim war and self-defense killing are both sins. What makes you right and them wrong?

So, isn't a person declaring war? Using your pretzel logic, corporations stealing is just fine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619262 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Strawman, but, please do.
"The only difference between the parties is with the velocity that their knees hit the ground when corporations knock on their door" - Ralph Nader
The Republican Jesus taunt escaped you, eh? No worries. It's not my fault that those quotes happened to come from Republicans. Don't let it swing your sack so much.
But, you illustrate another point. Those men are self-appointed spokesmodels for Jesus. It's an easy job. All you do is manufacture what you think your divine master would say in such a situation. It requires no evidence. It requires no justification. It's merely the parroted words of some mythical sky tyrant that has never been demonstrated to exist. It's so simple! So marvelous! So wonderful!
God said, "(Fill in the blank)"! Try it today, kids, for fun and profit!
You equate republican quotes with Christians?

Odd.

Do you assume there are no christian democrats?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619263 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Do you abuse your children?
Absolutely not. Never have, never will.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#619264 Apr 24, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
We are living in hell.
courtesy the abrahamic faiths

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619265 Apr 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
i do not believe you
Hey look, I care.

'_'

Hygiene, Colorado

#619266 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jorge's gonna argue with you that it's not a real handbook or that it doesn't exist.
No wait....
Y'all never correct each other.
Never mind.
Funny, but I never made either of those claims. Why must you lie? An official atheist handbook does not exist. There is no canon blessed by Dawkins or Hitchens. I haven't been corrected because I did not make the claims you state I did. There is no OFFICIAL atheist handbook.

I can write and publish a book that is titled, Sin According to Christians Handbook". In that book, I can write that war is sin. You don't agree with that. Does the title make this book your official handbook on sin?

With each post you illustrate the need to obfuscate and prevaricate and prove the foundation for your "faith" is built on shifting, shifty sand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 63,177
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 34 min ImFree2Choose 2,562
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,460
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,807
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 653,558
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web