Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619318 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoopi Goldberg, in 2009 defended director Roman Polanski by claiming his rape of a 13-yr-old in 1977 “wasn’t rape-rape,” she said.” I think it was something else, but I don’t believe it was rape-rape.”
O_o
Yes- having sex with a minor is known as STATUTORY rape which of course, is WRONG under ANY circumstances.

However, if Polanski did not use physical force or threaten the young girl's life in any way, then what Whoopi meant is that it was not rape in the sense of it being an act of violence perpetrated against an unwilling victim.

Of course, given the age of the girl, it is still rape because a 13 year old can't legally consent to sex.

I am in NO way excusing an ADULT having sex with a CHILD, but what Whoopi meant is clear to me even if it's not clear to you.

Added to that is I was not aware that Whoopi had entered the political arena.

We have quotes from Republican POLITICIANS who attempt to justify, excuse and legitimize rape- have you ANY quotes from Democratic POLITICIANS which do the same?

Of COURSE you don't- so you dredge up what an ENTERTAINER said and then you seek to take what she said out of context.

Pathetic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619319 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I agree with spanking kids as a form of discipline and he don't like that.
Plus he's retarded. Stick around, you'll see.
And spanking is hitting.

So much for your claim that you never "hit" your kids.

Spanking is hitting. Punching is hitting. Slapping is hitting.

They are ALL forms of HITTING.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#619320 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure if you know it, but you ask the impossible.

"Proven” does not equate with “supernatural”.

Supernatural would mean something that is outside the known natural processes of the universe and therefore is unable to be proven.

I think you've convinced yourself that if a thing cannot be proven, it does not exist. Is that correct?
It might as well not.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619321 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Akin’s “legitimate rape” is just as stupid as Whoopi Goldberg’s “rape-rape?”
As is the utter democratic defense of rapist Bill Clinton.
From my first reply to this post of yours:

Cancel the following out- I didn't know what you were referring to when you mentioned Whoopi and I responded to your other post about what she said.

Given that information, that cancels this out- so don't jump my sh*t over it,'k?

CANCEL:

What Whoopi may have meant is REAL rape as opposed to ROLE PLAYING between consenting adults.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#619322 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And, conveniently, god always says exactly what the person spouting that filth wants him to say.
Yep- just like a ventriloquist's dummy.

Just as a ventriloquist can give his dummy any personality he likes, so can those who claim to speak on behalf of a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619323 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again. You've convinced yourself that Satan is demonstrably, obviously, false.
That's in your head, Jorge.

[QUOTE] The claims are made that such a character has influence in the natural world, ergo testable. "

Why? Do you love your mother? That is real, but it isn't testable...

[QUOTE] The same goes for whichever god or brand of the Christian god you profess to believe in. If it has influence, it is testable. Period. Emphatically. "

HA HA !!

God influences my life.

Explain WHY God is testable.

Go.
Your BELIEF in god influences your life.

And, apparently, not in a good way.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619324 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry- it is your BELIEF in your god which influences your life. You have NO prove that it is any god who is influencing you.

And.....it is the BELIEF in Santa Claus which influences the actions and behavior of kids.

It is NOT Santa; it is the BELIEF in Santa.

There is NO difference between THAT belief and YOUR belief.

But do continue to natter on........
Dang!

You beat me to it.
youtube

AOL

#619326 Apr 24, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619327 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, killing someone in war is not sin. Neither is killing in self defense.

Yes, a person (PERSON) stealing from a store IS sin.

Derp.
Wouldn't someone trying to kill you be god's will?

Wouldn't you be anxious to meet your god if someone tried to kill you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619328 Apr 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:

There is no reason that you should "believe" in the existence of a being without evidence.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619329 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Jorge's gonna argue with you that it's not a real handbook or that it doesn't exist.

No wait....

Y'all never correct each other.

Never mind.
I've got other books that are called handbooks, too.

It's refreshing to read something sane.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619330 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, you mischaracterizing my position. It is not my fault that the most egregious anti-human, anti-woman quotes come from Christians to happen to be Republican. I never claimed any party affiliation. 75% of the country claims Christianity. Of course, how many of those are "true Christians" is predicated on whom you ask?
Yes, 75% of Americans are Christian. But not 75% of Americans are republican. Logic would dictate that many democrats are also Christian.
Let the sunlight of truth wash you clean.
Aawwwww......

A single tear rolls down my cheek.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619331 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No we don't. We blame humans for that.

Ignorant humans that don't even know Satan is influencing them.

Satan CANNOT control you, only influence you.
So you just said that satan influences us.

But it's not you claiming he exists.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619332 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain.
Also, please explain how each Christian personally decides who this Satan character is influencing and none of them agree.
Who are all these Christians that you are claiming don't agree on who Satan is?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619333 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've never "hit" my kids, you liar.
I thought you said you did.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619334 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>Wait? Claiming the Satan character has influence is not blaming the Satan character for the evil that influence creates? Headdesk!
Pretzel logic at its finest.
Yup.

Nicotine can have an influence on your life. That doesn't mean you have to let it.

This is a difficult concept?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#619335 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Right....

And the song can't play because you know the words....
That makes no sense.

You know that, right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619336 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Spanking IS hitting, you fool.
If you look at it that way, so is rough-housing and play wrestling and foam billet gun toys.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619337 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>That was not admittance that Yeahnoway is real. It is quite relevant to state that a character, as written in a book, "sucks" without admitting the character is anything other than what sprung from a man's imagination. This approach of yours speaks volumes about you.
Hannibal Lecter sucked. He wasn't real. He sprung forth from the mind of Thomas Harris.
"Yeahnoway", huh?

So I take it that it's your assertion and claim and opinion that God isn't real.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619338 Apr 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, my claim is not baseless; your claim to the poster that they were befuddled by logic WAS baseless.
You don't know what logic is and that's because you have no clue as to how to engage in critical thinking but why would you, since you don't know the definition of critical thinking any more than you know what defines logic?
Pfft.
OK. You said I don't know what logic is, that is a baseless claim.

Unless you have evidence of your assertion.

Go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Quivering Lip Lib... 88,459
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 27 min Doctor REALITY 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Rosesz 703,812
Skype sex female (Dec '13) 2 hr krissa 9
Looking for lawsuits in Michigan against DHS/CP... (Jul '11) 2 hr CandylynnMoore 127
gay guys for skype?? (Jun '14) 3 hr Caliboy 9
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 4 hr John the Baptist 2