Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Now let's stretch our analogy further, literally. Let's take our large, pitch-black room and remove its walls. And let's extend the room so that it goes on infinitely in all directions. Now there is nothing outside the room, because the room is all there is. Period.

This black infinite room has no light, no dust, no particles of any kind, no air, no elements, no molecules. It's absolute nothingness. In fact, we can call it Absolutely Nothing.

So here's the question: if originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?

Yes. For something -- no matter how small -- cannot come from Absolutely Nothing. We would still have Absolutely Nothing.

What does that tell us? That Absolutely Nothing never existed. Why? Because, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing!

If Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would not be anything outside it to cause the existence of anything.

Again, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing.

However, something exists. Actually, many things exist. You, for example, are something that exists, a very important something. Therefore, you are proof that Absolutely Nothing never existed.

Now, if Absolutely Nothing never existed, that means there was always a time when there was at least Something in existence. What was it?

Was it one thing or many things? Was it an atom? A particle? A molecule? A football? A mutant baseball? A refrigerator? Some cookies?

To find out, go to ''Something.''
__http://www.everystudent.com/ journeys/nothing.html_________ _
I wonder who in here would take the time and read all of this, i dont post this for a right or wrong agenda on beliefs. Just thought this was an awsome analogy and could probly answer alot of skeptics questions!!?

ps23 writes;
** Click on the "something"
and then click at the bottom of each page in blue highlights all the way to ''who 2''.. Further if you wish, but this is some good reading..

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

http://www.everystudent.com/journeys/nothing....

sorry dont think that link worked in the above post, but ill try it again..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
Now let's stretch our analogy further, literally. Let's take our large, pitch-black room and remove its walls. And let's extend the room so that it goes on infinitely in all directions. Now there is nothing outside the room, because the room is all there is. Period.
This black infinite room has no light, no dust, no particles of any kind, no air, no elements, no molecules. It's absolute nothingness. In fact, we can call it Absolutely Nothing.
So here's the question: if originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?
Yes. For something -- no matter how small -- cannot come from Absolutely Nothing. We would still have Absolutely Nothing.
What does that tell us? That Absolutely Nothing never existed. Why? Because, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing!
If Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would not be anything outside it to cause the existence of anything.
Again, if Absolutely Nothing ever existed, there would still be Absolutely Nothing.
However, something exists. Actually, many things exist. You, for example, are something that exists, a very important something. Therefore, you are proof that Absolutely Nothing never existed.
Now, if Absolutely Nothing never existed, that means there was always a time when there was at least Something in existence. What was it?
Was it one thing or many things? Was it an atom? A particle? A molecule? A football? A mutant baseball? A refrigerator? Some cookies?
I wonder who in here would take the time and read all of this, i dont post this for a right or wrong agenda on beliefs. Just thought this was an awsome analogy and could probly answer alot of skeptics questions!!?
ps23 writes;
and then click at the bottom of each page in blue highlights all the way to ''who 2''.. Further if you wish, but this is some good reading..
You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.
Sweetie-Pie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
ps23 writes;
" if "originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?

"If" Absolutely Nothing ever existed..."

That is a mighty big "if"
Sweetie-Pie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

And...bazillions is a fictitious word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Thnks to you I have a collection of skulls , Clueless you say..but I know you even better than you do yourself.

Here's to you, you know who are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
And...bazillions is a fictitious word.
We do know what Brazilians are though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

gIMME Another SKULL !=/

I give you one :)

Mine fits in a velvet glove.......
Sweetie-Pie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
gIMME Another SKULL !=/
I give you one :)
Mine fits in a velvet glove.......
Nothing you say ever eludes me.....
christianity is EVIL

Pubnico, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
ps23 writes;
there always was something imo,our universe was most likely part of a multiverse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you say ever eludes me.....
Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Sweetie-Pie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Does that mean you are cooking dinner tonight , or just watching me eat?
Neither, I have made other plans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize these concepts, and yes they are concepts.
Were entirely constructed by the limitations of your own capacity and fabricated in your mind, and that however these constraints were fashioned in your own mind. They do not necessarily reflect what really must happen , or indeed what really happens but in fact..... are constructs of your own device. Reality can be different.. and you do not know, these are the things we can count on.
What? Huh? Those are not my words and didnt come from my head, but they sounded very logical and reasonable to me..

So do you want to explain your concepts, that you have fabricated and fashioned in your mind, and those of others who has influenced your constructed view of how life began??

So you disagree with anaology, so what would your analogy be(scientificly)??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you say to those atheists who have already done what you suggest and felt nothing?
Keep seeking with a clear mind and a willing heart. Question your motive and ask yourself if you found the evidence you wanted, would you and are you willing to serve God? Are you simply seeking ''just'' for the curiousity of his existence, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?
(here's hoping you're not one of those people who will say - without even knowing - that they didn't really open their hearts when they reached out to god...)
Keep seeking with an open mind and willing heart, check your motive i would think..

Are you seeking "just for" the curiousity of his existence?, or are you truly wanting what God wants to give you?

Have you asked yourself if you found the evidence you seek, are you willing to serve God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
" if "originally -- bazillions of years ago -- there was Absolutely Nothing, wouldn't there be Absolutely Nothing now?
"If" Absolutely Nothing ever existed..."
That is a mighty big "if"
Exactly. So which side of the ''IF'' would you want to be on when that time comes?

Because when our time is up here, we both are gonna see that ''if'' turned into ''it surely was true''..

All the "if's" and maybe's will be proven positive..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Huh? Those are not my words and didnt come from my head, but they sounded very logical and reasonable to me..
So do you want to explain your concepts, that you have fabricated and fashioned in your mind, and those of others who has influenced your constructed view of how life began??
So you disagree with anaology, so what would your analogy be(scientificly)??
It will suffice to say your mentor was missing the concept of our 4th dimension when thinking about nothing vs something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, I have made other plans.

Ok Sweetie Pie maybe some other time.:) heheheh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
there always was something imo,our universe was most likely part of a multiverse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
They are plenty of speculations for sure, but wouldnt you agree they had to be a ''first cause''? Who/what had the intelligence and power to give knowledge, to make that ''first'' cell with all of that information in it?

Who put it there? For arguments sake, lets say that possibly could be true, but the same question applies. They had to be a beginning, rather it be one universe or multiple.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No all this is your bull sjit because.
Groups of molecules never became aware of themselves.
Cells may have become somewhat aware of themselves, but not at a level we can call conscious. So your whole scheme is wrong, and you call me crazy. If you want to say science is still puzzling
out the mystery of life, then say it.
But molecules aren't alive or aware of themselves and defining life as a collection of molecules is ridiculous.
You are really asking how did organic matter become living organisms .
Holy sh*t. You really are whacked. Molecules "never" became aware of themselves? What are we but a bunch of molecules? Matter fact that's what any good topix atheist will try to convince others of, that we are nothing but molecules and as such have no truly free will. And now you're saying we're not? What are we then, psycho man? However you want to slice it, call it molecules call it cells; if there really was an abiogenesis event (and it was not driven by an eternal consciousness) then there most definitely had to be an instant in time when these molecules or cells (which *are* groups of molecules, or don't you get that?) had become "aware". There exists awareness now and you claim awareness did'nt exist eternally, so there's is no such thing as becoming aware slowly. The very instant you *start* becoming aware, no matter how little or slowly, that is the instant you become aware. A nanometer of awareness is still awareness.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is a distinction. I did not say "consciousness and awareness," I said "consciousness and self awareness." A cat is conscious. It is not self aware. Not everything that is conscious has a sense of self.
Don't understand the last question. Comfortable with what? I don't care where consciousness "comes from" either way.
and
And I don't know for sure, but based on testing for animal self awareness, there are only a select few animals that have a sense of self. I would link the proof to you, but I know that at this point you will respond with "well, you can't really know they don't have a sense of self unless you know what makes consciousness possible" or some other such nonsense. The point is, given the evidence we have, dogs do not have a sense of self. Before you start yelling, take a moment and make sure you really know what is meant by "sense of self." It does not mean "ability to think."
You guys are really flipping me out. If your boss IANS was here he would smack you and Aura and then fire you. How can anyone possibly know if a cat is self aware or has a sense of self? That is completely a subjective phenomenon. No one knows if I have a sense of being. But you assume I do sine you do and we are all humans. Heck everyone else in the world could be aliens or angels and this life could just be "my test". I don't believe that but it could be true for all I know. Get it? YOU really think animals have no sense of self? They might not but science cannot approach that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

534 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min RoSesz 533,669
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 257,027
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 7 min hick_up 48,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 5,277
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dave Nelson 224,674
Men with painted toenails 18 min Jake 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min EdmondWA 93,858
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min Krackerjacks 115,653
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,569
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••