Prove there's a god.

“Headless Body in Topless Bar”

Since: Sep 07

Hygiene, Colorado

#619141 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how you atheists come to the same "conclusion" that there is no God.
Which god?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#619142 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Banning plastic is "ultra left?"
Yes.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619143 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right that I cannot provide evidence of God's existence.
I've said that like 1,000 times....
Only God can do that, as He's done with me.
Care to share?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619144 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that god isn't real, RR, and I know that you know this because we have been over it a thousand times. What do you get out of misrepresenting my views? I don't go around telling you that you secretly believe in vishnu and you're just lying to everyone about being a christian.
"I don't believe that god isn't real, RR"

Nice double negative. How am I supposed to take that? You believe God is real?

Look at it this way, "I don't believe that it isn't hot, RR"

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619145 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>OCD would be someone feeling compelled to lock and re-lock their from door 25 times "just right," while feeling like if they don't complete this ritual then "something bad will happen."
LL seems more like your run of the mill internet troll. Sad people, they are.
Eh.... OK, I'll go along wit dat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619146 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Like, I always tell people that when a schizophrenic man tells you about the aliens that came down and fondled him, you can believe him.
Sure, sure....

'ceptn I ain't schizo.

So....

Hygiene, Colorado

#619147 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To show people here the impossibility of proving things on Topix.
You cannot prove to me that you have hands.
But the thread is about proving God.
O_O
I can certainly prove that I have hands. They are easily demonstrated. No "faith" is required. Having read some of your posts, I can already imagine the obfuscatory response you will proffer, but, I could easily prove my hands exist to you. You can't prove your personal god is anything more than an extension of your ego wether you stood in front of me or behind an iPad screen. That is why you attempt a trump with the "faith" card. You actually denigrate the word "faith" with this endeavor. Oh well, it's your petard.

Your attempt to becloud and muddle falls flat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619148 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude.
Dudette....

How could one person prove to another person that God is real?

Hygiene, Colorado

#619149 Apr 24, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
By the standards they apply to others nothing can be proven.
I have never seen one of them hold themselves accountable to the standards they apply to others.
You must be writing of Christians, no?

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mohandas Gandhi

How Christ-like have your posts on Topix been? The one above is nothing more than idle gossip, and the a bible is quite clear on gossip.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619150 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Just like people in mental institutions KNOW that obama put tracking chips in their colon! They can feel it in every fiber of their being, especially after they eat some fiber! So, clearly, they are right.
Yes, I see. To an agnostic like you, God and RFID conspiracy theories are the same.

No wonder you don't believe.

That just proves the bible is right about not all people are able to believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619151 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as free will in a universe governed by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent deity. God can pay lip service to the concept, but it's just not possible. In this universe your merciful god creates billions of people who he knows will go on to spend an eternity in torment. Also, if your choice between freedom and predestination is clarified to explain that freedom necessarily leads to the unimaginable suffering of billions of people and predestination leads to eternal bliss, there is no contest. To pick "freedom" (which, again, is not possible anyway), and therefore doom billions to torture, is morally untenable.
Wrong.

Just because He knows what you're gonna do doesn't mean he's controlling what you do.

You choose.

Hygiene, Colorado

#619152 Apr 24, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on medication?
You replied "good question" now you are asking for clarification of a question you already judged as being a good one?
Did your parents have any children that lived? I bet they regret that.
Which doctrinal meme of the message of Christ does this follow, or, are you perhaps holding others to a standard that you fail to follow?

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites." - Thomas Jefferson

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619153 Apr 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There are tremendous inaccuracies in the Bible.....where have you been living--under a rock??
Yes, the atheists agree with you. They have the same baseless opinion.

Good thang we don't rely on atheists for bible accuracy testing.

Since: May 11

Woodford Green, UK

#619154 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dudette....
How could one person prove to another person that God is real?
...without objective analysis your god is purely subjective, subjective reality is another term for mental illness.

Reality exists independently of what goes on in anyone`s befuddled brain.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619155 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then god isn't omniscient. If he doesn't know which of the "paths" we will take, then he doesn't know everything.
Then you didn't read his post in detail.

"both"

"God knows what the outcome will be, both if we choose his destiny for us or if we choose our own way"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619156 Apr 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:

1)It is a necessary condition of his omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. There is nothing, by definition, that cannot happen without his approval.
"approval"??

What do you mean?

God doesn't approve of any sin.

Do you mean "knowledge"?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619157 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>An awesome headline. An instant classic. Too bad Murdoch ruined the rag. Murray Hill here, back in the day.
Really? Murray Hill, huh? I lived on 39th right off Park for a while when in my early 20s.....

My last 20 years in NY I lived on 71st between B'way and West End.....I SO loved that neighborhood!

I've been in Orlando for about 17 years now......decided I am in permanent culture shock- LOL!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619158 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If god doesn't know which path we we'll choose, then god is not omniscient.
You cannot have both conditions.
You didn't read Al's post, either.

"God knows what the outcome will be, both if we choose his destiny for us or if we choose our own way"

"both"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#619159 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
Omniscience, Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Omnibenevolence, Evil. These five conditions can not co-exist.
Is that peer reviewed, repeatable and observable evidence?

Or just your opinion?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#619160 Apr 24, 2013
Jorge W Arbusto wrote:
<quoted text>You must be writing of Christians, no?
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mohandas Gandhi
How Christ-like have your posts on Topix been? The one above is nothing more than idle gossip, and the a bible is quite clear on gossip.
One of the things I've learned on this thread is that it seems to be a Christian, one only has to SAY they are.

Many on this thread who claim to be Christian utter some of THE most un-Christian-like sentiments I have ever heard.

So while some here may talk the talk, they sure don't seem to walk the walk and there are those here who don't "talk the talk" but who instead talk TRASH.

But hey- they SAY they are Christian, so they MUST be- LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Steve III 44,649
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 11 min Truthiness 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Rosesz 646,405
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 19 min Truthiness 16
Calling Doctor Reality Calling Dr Reality WHERE... 23 min Charles 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Neville Thompson 281,234
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 48,211
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Brian_G 618,560
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web